Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Admiral_Cola posted:

Missed an opportunity for Cena to learn hindi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1idItCAKJM&t=30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

cant put over the nexus
cant put over rusev
cant put over bray wyatt

gotta put over kevin federline

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I feel like Roman's style is what Meltzer comes to expect from WWE faces and matches, and the fact a lot of those 4+ stars are in championship matches doesn't really hurt either.

He's a dude that won't ever steal the show, but is good enough to hang with top-tier talent. The Super Cena booking sucks though.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
He did put over Bray tho, just not in the right year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman has lost clean, as has Cena. Honestly Stone Cold was probably protected far more than those two, not to even mention Hulk.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder what other cool 2006 edgelord opinions people who dont like john cena have

Get this.

They are gonna shoot the first black president lol.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

reignofevil posted:

Get this.

shoot on*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

BRIE MOOOOOOODE!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope that was his excuse for everything though.

"John we would like you to lose the big mania 30 match please"

"But I already put over Kevin Federline, what more do you want from me?"

"Makes sense, cena wins lol"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It turns out that Bray stinks so the right man went over

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It turns out that Bray stinks so the right man went over

Well sure but its still funny.

"So you're going to end up 2 v 1 against wade and gabriel, and then take a ddt onto concrete and the most protected move in the company, the 450. Please lose."

"k-feeeeeddddd"

"Someone get me brock lesnar on the phone"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I forgive Cena for Mania 30 because he put Bray over as strong as possible this year and really made him look like a strong, credible champion and WWE still immediately botched it as hard as possible, so clearly John's not the one at fault here.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

rovert posted:

That wasn't me and I had no involvement. 2010 F4W forum posters will back me up.

Not easy to recap as it brings up old forum drama and involves an insane person. But a poster from England joined F4W as woman. Stole a dead person's identity and created Twitter and Facebook accounts. Befriended Alvarez's Grandma and other stuff I forget. Eventually got found out.

hmm... well, not enough details to make an informed decision, but i appreciate your candor

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

rovert posted:

2010 F4W forum posters will back me up.

I love this sentence so much.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

DoctorGonzo posted:

The last good match was Cena-Bryan at SS. Then HHH hosed it all up.

I'd never seen this match before, it's pretty good
When Cena went down to that front facelock I was like "Now Cena's gonna pick him up because Cena is awesome" and he did but then Bryan held on because Bryan is also awesome :woop:

Is it me or was Cena kind of working heel at the start? Rolling out of the ring and just kind of having a bad attitude about stuff. 🤔

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Babyfaces working heel against crowd favorites is kind of in the WWE style guide at this point. Roman does it pretty frequently.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Just rewatched Lynch/Banks in NXT. I forgot how good Sasha Bank is. RAW has completely drained her.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
To be fair NXT let the wrestlers script out the matches really heavily and rehearse it repeatedly, which isn't how WWE works. Maybe they should change that so people will actually get trained.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

To be fair NXT let the wrestlers script out the matches really heavily and rehearse it repeatedly, which isn't how WWE works. Maybe they should change that so people will actually get trained.

NXT is not about the wrestlers. Is about HHH.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
HHH is wrestling. Wrestling is HHH

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Just rewatched Lynch/Banks in NXT. I forgot how good Sasha Bank is. RAW has completely drained her.

She's actually not good because she can't work a match that isn't rehearsed like in NXT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

HBK as well but basically just those two.

The HHH match is weirdly good as well

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

HHH is wrestling. Wrestling is HHH

HHH isn't HHH, a short film

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

bradzilla posted:

She's actually not good because she can't work a match that isn't rehearsed like in NXT

what are your thoughts on ddp and randy savage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think anyone in the world would call DDP an all time great worker

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

what are your thoughts on ddp and randy savage

DDP also wasn't literally rehearsing matches over and over. Although with house show loops if WWE could get their booking together they basically could do that now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNWNoMZ0MBg

P.o.P. vs. THE CHAMP. It's finally time.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

oatgan posted:

The HHH match is weirdly good as well
Oh yeah, true.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Cena had the best promo in the feud.

I remember Miz giving an amazing promo to Cena during that program, then Cena just blowing him out of the water with an even better one. It was pretty tremendous.

Shame the actual match wasn't any good, but the post-match proposal kicked rear end. Especially seeing all those blank-faced single dudes in the front row :allears:

reignofevil posted:

Get this.

Won't ever happen, because President Bush is gonna fake a terrorist attack, declare a state of emergency and never give up the White House! :aaa:

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Jerusalem posted:

Won't ever happen, because President Bush is gonna fake a terrorist attack, declare a state of emergency and never give up the White House! :aaa:

Same but Obama.

Also he's gonna take all your guns.

Like, literally come to your door and ask for them.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

bradzilla posted:

That's a lot of dead weight

Over 750 pounds!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

that was an embarrassing ball kick

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Cageside Seats rumor post posted:

WWE may have tabled plans for a full UK show on the Network due to poor ratings for 205 Live.

"Yeah, let's aggressively target the UK market, make a belt and sign a bunch of guys for this theoretical weekly show, but then don't do it and leave a bunch of guys in limbo."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all the UK fellows can overtake NXT allowing a bunch of ready guys to come up on the main roster and become very boring. the event where it happens could be called OverTake

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Benne posted:

"Yeah, let's aggressively target the UK market, make a belt and sign a bunch of guys for this theoretical weekly show, but then don't do it and leave a bunch of guys in limbo."

it makes more sense when you realize they did all that solely to sabotage the itv promotion

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Literally just signing Jim Ross so he couldn't commentate World of Sport, then using him maybe twice a year. Yeah, sounds like Vince McMahon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

let's go jinder

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Oh man, Roman Reigns' "It's My Yard" Shirt looks so bad.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Wow. You were not joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Approaching "We're gonna eat your lunch" levels of bad.

• Locked thread