Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm still waiting on the upcoming European invasion force. Spanish galleons and cannons. Yes, that would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

UmOk posted:

Hey dudes! Have any of our fearless heroes died this season since episode 1? Please tell me Rick is dead.

Show good now. Best characters in. You watch, you not regret. Say "yes".

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm shocked we haven't seen a revivalist preacher and his flock going around preaching, and faith healing, and see killing zombies as driving out demons.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Because z Nation already did it and it was better

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If anyone has unfortunate friends who are thinking about checking this season out or continuing the show, just show them the youtube link of Carl vs Negan, where Carl has a gun drawn on him for like 35 seconds while he saunters and whistles and nothing happens, and the only people defending it in the comments literally think "if he shot him there'd be no second half of the season" is a defense of good writing.

Saved several people a lot of pain with that 30 second clip that sums up every other episode.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobo Clown posted:

Also just watched the finale and ugh, what a big fart.

The only way to enjoy the final battle is to watch the behind the scenes stuff without CGI because instead of a enemy-seeking Tiger, he has a blue version of Green Man from always Sunny fanatically leaping on his enemies and it's much better. It should be canon.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I wish there was a good apocalypse show that I hadn't seen already :(

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Try the nightly news.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

Because z Nation already did it and it was better

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Finale? It's over?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Khablam posted:

Thanks for reminding me they should be doing everything possible at this point to work out whether anything exists outside of Georgia.

Radio, TV, sat phones. All things you can realistically power.
WHY DONT THEY JUST PICK UP EVERY loving PHONE THEY FIND ANYWAY

Because Rick knows the only person who will answer is Lori, and let's be realistic--nobody wants that. :colbert:

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I just realised that Maggie and Negan are Batman's parents.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

UmOk posted:

I just realised that Maggie and Negan are Batman's parents.
Yeah JDM gets around. I loved him in Watchmen too, and saw some movie a couple months back called "Desierto" where he plays a crazy racist dude who kills Mexicans trying to cross into America, that was pretty great.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

coyo7e posted:

Yeah JDM gets around. I loved him in Watchmen too, and saw some movie a couple months back called "Desierto" where he plays a crazy racist dude who kills Mexicans trying to cross into America, that was pretty great.

JDM has been solid in everything I've seen him in. I fully blame the writers for his character on this show, not the actor.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

His part in Grey's Anatomy was really stupid, but that's just because everything in Grey's Anatomy is really stupid.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

His part in Grey's Anatomy was really stupid, but that's just because everything in Grey's Anatomy is really stupid.

RIP Denny

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Shooting Blanks posted:

JDM has been solid in everything I've seen him in. I fully blame the writers for his character on this show, not the actor.

Is his direction from them just "No, lean back more"?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I only saw the first episode of this season and JDM was the absolute best thing about it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Best thing from this season was the Negan Matrix Lean gif

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I'm Negan.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Best thing from this season was the Negan Matrix Lean gif

post it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

UmOk posted:

I only saw the first episode of this season and JDM was the absolute best thing about it.

That's now how you spell Steven Ogg

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'll be honest: I'd really like Negan as a character if it didn't feel like the only thing keeping him alive during every second of screen time was the writers just refusing to let him die. The taunting shithead wasteland leader is something I have a soft spot for, but not when they are dancing in front of guns that have no reason to not just blow his head into chunks.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cactus posted:

I wish there was a good apocalypse show that I hadn't seen already :(

There probably are, but they're really stupid. I think Revolution was one such show, where the loss of electricity meant people forgot how to make bullets.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Someone actually shooting at Negan, rather than just talking about it (over 5 episodes), is a tad beyond the scope of the show though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Khablam posted:

Someone actually shooting at Negan, rather than just talking about it (over 5 episodes), is a tad beyond the scope of the show though.

Yeah, quite literally this is true.

The plot armor wouldn't be so ridiculous if people tried, and failed. Carl should have come out of that truck shooting and shooting until he ran dry and Negan should have had to actually jump for some loving cover. Instead he just saunters up whistling and posing and nobody does anything.

Also I love how defenders of the show literally think "if someone shot him there'd be no rest of the season" is a defense for this

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Well hey now. To be fair, there was that time Rosita shot his bat with her single bullet like a complete moron.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Well hey now. To be fair, there was that time Rosita shot his bat with her single bullet like a complete moron.

Please. I had blocked this out in order to try to pretend it was sensible.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also I love how defenders of the show literally think "if someone shot him there'd be no rest of the season" is a defense for this

It's a perfectly good defense considering that Negan makes this show watchable.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

There probably are, but they're really stupid. I think Revolution was one such show, where the loss of electricity meant people forgot how to make bullets.

I saw half of that and lost interest. I think there was a particularly bad episode where they all hallucinate, or there are dogs, or something. Or a lighthouse? I dunno it's really hazy.

I've even watched The Last Ship, which is better than it has any right to be, particularly it's action sequences.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I will never understand the love for Negan. Someone being the cool guy and sardonic doesn't make them a good character.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I will never understand the love for Negan. Someone being the cool guy and sardonic doesn't make them a good character.

He is loving with and crushing the heads of characters i have been annoyed with for literal years, please kill everyone Negan! Plus actor does a better job than anyone else on the show, and by virtue of being new and relatively untouched by the TWD writers is still interesting. That's why i like Negan a lot.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 26, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

He was a breath of fresh air for a bit but became annoying shortly thereafter.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I already watched Negan for 10 seasons on Friends so I wasn't impressed.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Everyone else on this show is a sad-sack loser so he's a breath of fresh air by comparison.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Negan is good because I hate the protagonists and want them to suffer.

Also, despite being characterized as a cartoonish villain Negan seems to be running the best society in the apocalypse. I'd take keeping my head down as a law-abiding saviour over whatever insanity Rick's people try to do any day. The Kingdom is the only place that's even in the running and Negan's people are kicking their rear end and taking their stuff.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I already watched Negan for 10 seasons on Friends so I wasn't impressed.

Tom Selleck was in about 10 episodes man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkPflecnTIw

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 26, 2017

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Stephen Ogg is a better Negan than Negan.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Tortuga posted:

Tom Selleck was in about 10 episodes man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkPflecnTIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfQKaLs5esk

It's all going to go to poo poo after they arrive, as a direct result of their arrival. I actually like Fear, despite how bad it is in a lot of areas. It seems to be about a group of villains origins and evolution story, much like the original, only people think the writers are doing that by accident. I don't think they are, or if that is an element it's because they're going for ambiguity only subconsciously skewing it too much into villain territory without realising. I dunno, maybe they really are that tone deaf, I don't know them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I like Fear the Walking Dead. It does not possess the best writing and acting by any means, but it still has a certain charm to it. Once they got to Mexico, things became more interesting IMO.