Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

maskenfreiheit posted:

if hillary had gotten more votes she would have won

oh wait she did that lmfao

She's going to start a campaign to resettle a bunch of coastal liberals to the rust belt for 2020. Imagine the hilarity as they fight over which of the three POCs is going to spend 8 hours a day manicuring their lawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my favorite part of the article is where they try to spin her cowardly actions on election night, when she hid in her room and podesta had to go out to tell her die-hard supporters to go home

quote:

Speechwriters Dan Schwerin and Megan Rooney realized that they were going to have to produce a concession speech. Rooney had drafted one and stuck it in a drawer. As the evening wore on, they started working on it. By the time the results were certain, Clinton and her advisers felt that it was too late to make a speech; she wanted to consider carefully what she had to say, and went back and forth with her team about the stance to take toward Trump. When Schwerin and Rooney came to her suite at the Peninsula Hotel the next morning to go over the draft, Clinton was sitting in her bathrobe at the table. She had slept only briefly, but she was clear: She wanted to take a slightly more aggressive approach, focusing on the protection of democratic norms, and she wanted to emphasize the message to young girls, the passage that would become the heart of her speech. As the pair of writers left her room and walked down the hall, Rooney turned to Schwerin and said, “That’s a president.” Schwerin remembers: “Because here, in this incredibly difficult moment, she was thinking calmly and rationally about what the country needs to hear.” Schwerin said that until then he had held it together. “But I kind of lost it then.”

it's actually Extremely Presidential to show everyone who supported you you don't give a poo poo about them when they're mourning your loss, then disappear into the woods for months only to come back and start giving speeches to the wealthy again and complaining how unfair your loss was

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
with Hillary I would have had endless war, Saudi arms sales, austerity, a dystopian panopticon, crony capitalism, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer AND I would have been assured by all the Serious People that get to be on TV and newspapers that this was Good and Just and There Is No Alternative until I felt like I was losing my mind.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Stexils posted:

who would win in a fight: hillary clinton armed with a cloak of invisibility and a quarterstaff, or trump with a belt of strength and a mace?

found actual footage of Hillary with a quarterstaff:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SickZip posted:

with Hillary I would have had endless war, Saudi arms sales, austerity, a dystopian panopticon, crony capitalism, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer AND I would have been assured by all the Serious People that get to be on TV and newspapers that this was Good and Just and There Is No Alternative until I felt like I was losing my mind.

hillary losing is going to be much much better in the long term but it's gonna suck poo poo for a lot of people (you know people who don't post on sa like the poor, women, browns) in the short term.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
is there a chance that enough trumpoors die or reject politics and stop voting before the next election that trump getting elected ends up a good thing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trump only won because clinton was a bad candidate. you put sanders or biden (or obama again if you could) in there and he gets smashed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm not sure Biden would have won. Def would have done better than Hillary tho

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blue Train posted:

Biden would have campaigned and won blue rust belt states.

With blue rust belt states he could have least won a narrow electoral college win over Trump

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"Doing better than Hillary" when she won by 3 million votes would be pretty good, I'd say. He probably would've won the loving rust belt states Hillary ignored in favor of trying to PEEL OFF REPUBLICAN WOMEN and campaigning in loving Texas.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Blue Train posted:

done better than hillary is a win. she only lost all those electoral votes by a difference of less than 100k people votes.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
It would be really funny if antiagathic drugs caused senility. Then we could get rid of these goddamn gerontocrats and their butt-puppets.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

a piece of paper with "healthcare" written on it would have won

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

"Doing better than Hillary" when she won by 3 million votes would be pretty good, I'd say. He probably would've won the loving rust belt states Hillary ignored in favor of trying to PEEL OFF REPUBLICAN WOMEN and campaigning in loving Texas.

If she won why isn't she president? Sounds like she lost to a drooling braindead orangutan to me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

done better than hillary is a win. she only lost all those electoral votes by a difference of less than 100k people votes.

Biden would have won

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Maya Fey posted:

I have a feeling that a piece of paper that was blank would've won over Trump AND Hillary if it were running against them both.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Maya Fey posted:

We have this already. It's called medicaid

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

whip posted:

We have this already. It's called medicaid

america is already great

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Blue Train posted:

If she won why isn't she president? Sounds like she lost to a drooling braindead orangutan to me

It's kinda hard to sympathize with liberals when they can literally win an election by 3 million votes and concede anyway. Because it's all a goddamn game to them and they have to play by the rules. Republicans, meanwhile, play by no rules and keep winning because they can do fascistic things like beating up their 'opposition', calling for every minority under the sun to be punished by the government, and commit outright treason without losing the support of their base.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

uuuuh are you suggesting clinton try to assume the presidency after losing the election since she won the popular vote, because that's not.... a good idea

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Stexils posted:

uuuuh are you suggesting clinton try to assume the presidency after losing the election since she won the popular vote, because that's not.... a good idea

I'm suggesting Obama should've stepped in and declared martial law and had Trump and his campaign staff rounded up and executed for the treason we now know they committed. Hillary should've been seated by force. You know what's weird about this scenario? Better than Trump. By a huge loving margin, better than Trump. The reality we're in right now is worse than that, and by a wide loving gulf.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

Biden would have won

The cookie monster would've won.

Christopher Reeve's corpse would've won.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hillary should have challenged trump to a duel, bound to the laws of Bushido

George Bush would be the secondary who would behead the loser as they committed sudoku

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

I'm suggesting Obama should've stepped in and declared martial law and had Trump and his campaign staff rounded up and executed for the treason we now know they committed. Hillary should've been seated by force. You know what's weird about this scenario? Better than Trump. By a huge loving margin, better than Trump. The reality we're in right now is worse than that, and by a wide loving gulf.

Hahahahaha

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

George Bush would be the secondary who would behead the loser as they committed sudoku

She lacks honor

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

uh ha ha yeah dude right on *desperately looking behind me for the nearest exit*

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

not sure if trump could do a sudoku

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Actually she lost by 77 votes lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Apoplexy posted:

I'm totally down for a constitutional crisis and civil war to help make sure Hillary goddamn pants making GBS threads Clinton gets to sit in the Oval Office and oppress poors over Donald tiny hands mean tiny penis trump.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Andorra posted:

Actually she lost by 77 votes lol

No, she lost by 1488

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm totally down for a constitutional crisis and civil war to help make sure Hillary goddamn pants making GBS threads Clinton gets to sit in the Oval Office and oppress poors over Donald tiny hands mean tiny penis trump.

As am I. A civil war where the right takes up arms against the military/government would mean we would see a dramatic downturn in Republican voters being alive.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

It's her turn *executes you*

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Although, to be fair, Obama should've just said 'gently caress you both' and seated Bernie as Philosopher King of America and been done with it, but pipe dreams there

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bernie would have won

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Apoplexy posted:

#NotAllLiberals

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hillary won by 3 million votes

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I'm a liberal?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like how every single ~Civil War Fantasy~ involves the military totally and completely supporting my side (the good one, you see) and the other team just getting blown up en masse.

Like oh yeah it's gonna be that smooth. No division in the military at all, no hesitation about slaughtering their people, all the BAD VOTERS will definitely persist in taking up arms against modern gunships until tens of millions of them have been killed. Then we will have a paradise once all the wrong voters are dead. Everything will go back to normal and democracy will flourish again once the only people left alive are those who vote the same way. Totally realistic civil war scenario.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

I like how every single ~Civil War Fantasy~ involves the military totally and completely supporting my side (the good one, you see) and the other team just getting blown up en masse.

Like oh yeah it's gonna be that smooth. No division in the military at all, no hesitation about slaughtering their people, all the BAD VOTERS will definitely persist in taking up arms against modern gunships until tens of millions of them have been killed. Then we will have a paradise once all the wrong voters are dead. Totally realistic civil war scenario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5yVklzL0vI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Apoplexy posted:

I'm a liberal?

I just assumed. Not sure what other group would be crazy enough to think that martial law and install of a new ruler by authoritarian fiat would be a net good for the country.

• Locked thread