Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Zogo posted:

code:
Player		Consecutive Finals Appearances	Years
Bill Russell	10				1957-1966
Sam Jones	9				1958-1966
Tom Heinsohn	9				1957-1965
Frank Ramsey	8				1957-1964
K.C. Jones	8				1959-1966
Bob Cousy	7				1957-1963
James Jones     7                               2011-2017
LeBron James	7				2011-2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Post your Warriors hatespirations yall

https://twitter.com/SamHustis/status/868229122513813504

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Goddamnit

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
BREAKING NEWS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who do you all think is going to win the nba finals championship

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

The casuals

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I believe those lil scrappers from the bay are gonna pull it off

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

R.D. Mangles posted:

The guy taking the hardest road. But I want nothing more than to be wrong about this.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 27, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Always expect the worst outcome. We definitely used up our "cool sports outcome" mojo last year so it's all Warriors, Yankees and Pats championships from here on out.

And uh Penguins I guess? I don't know about hockey team.s

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

The guy taking the hardest road. But I want nothing more than to be wrong about this.

why dont you want lebron to win smh

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Normally I want nothing but the worst for Lebron and the state of Ohio, but gently caress KD and gently caress the warriors

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

R.D. Mangles posted:

Whoever SAS picks against

https://twitter.com/LeKingJames23/status/867940091557277696

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

He picked Cavs this year iirc.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Zogo posted:

code:
Player		Consecutive Finals Appearances	Years
Bill Russell	10				1957-1966
Sam Jones	9				1958-1966
Tom Heinsohn	9				1957-1965
Frank Ramsey	8				1957-1964
K.C. Jones	8				1959-1966
Bob Cousy	7				1957-1963
LeBron James	7				2011-2017
Sounds plausible.

The 2001 Lakers won it all doing that.

2011 had the Heat, Mavericks and Lakers. I'm not seeing any other serious ones.

By the end of the season I understand that your system (accurately I think) rules out Boston, Orlando, Chicago (not sure why), SAS, and Denver, but those were all good teams that with slightly different breaks could have been in contention by the end. Orlando panicked and got worse mid season, Boston was in the finals the year before and took Miami to 7 the next year so clearly they weren't worlds away, Spurs had a Manu injury round one against the Grizzlies iirc, and so on. Slightly breaks and those teams are positioned to contend. This year from preseason on there were really only three teams in striking distance.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
My dad is flying out from Oakland for games 3 & 4 and I am driving up from DC to go to game 4 with him. I'm so hype y'all!!

EvanTH posted:

Net neutrality stuff is so annoyingly named I always have to look up which side is which. I guess that's deliberate tho', like Right To Work is anti-labor, Concerned Citizens For Fire Safety is the asbestos manufacturers, The American Petroleum Institute is an association of multinational oil producers, etc.

I don't get why you would lump net neutrality in with these others. The internet being neutral seems like what you would want and being pro net neutrality is the good side!

Artic Puma fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 27, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

as loth as i am to give SAS any leeway, to be fair he probably would've been right about the 2015 finals if kyrie hadn't gotten injured in the first game. lebron still almost pulled that series off essentially all on his own

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Noctone posted:

as loth as i am to give SAS any leeway, to be fair he probably would've been right about the 2015 finals if kyrie hadn't gotten injured in the first game. lebron still almost pulled that series off essentially all on his own

Warriors won by 8, 21, 13, and 8. Lost by 2 and 5. It wasn't very close. Irving certainly improves the offense, and by more than he hurts the defense, but I don't think he swings the series tbh. With Irving and Love I bet the Cavs win though.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Cleveland is going to lose, but it feels like the Warriors are in a race against time, because they really need Igoudala and he gets older every year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
guys i'm looking at the nets roster.... its so dire

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZMQEWf66g

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Kibner posted:

The casuals

lmao

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Speaking of dire teams, the Philadelphia 7Tsixers have the number 36, 39, 46 50 picks

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Kibner posted:

The casuals

Can confirm, these finals are going to own, bro.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Speaking of dire teams, the Philadelphia 7Tsixers have the number 36, 39, 46 50 picks

They also own every Knicks second rounder for the next half decade.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think the Warriors will brutally win this series and put a touching capstone on this really effortless playoff season.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The most important thing is that KD and Steph not win Finals MVP. Preferably they sell out to stop them and they look like chumps and the narrative is Draymond and Klay or even Iggy again had to save them from being weak scrub chokers

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

The most important thing is that KD and Steph not win Finals MVP. Preferably they sell out to stop them and they look like chumps and the narrative is Draymond and Klay or even Iggy again had to save them from being weak scrub chokers
Dray is by far the least likable of the group.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

TildeATH posted:

Can confirm, these finals are going to own, bro.

Fine with me! I like having more people watch my favorite sport.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

even if the warriors win lebron should get mvp to make up for the 2015 one he should have won

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I loved the "well Iggy guarded LeBron the best therefore..." defense of his MVP

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Dray is by far the least likable of the group.

Perhaps but that's not why it would be funny. It's just important that the core of the Warriors remains the Two Betas

I want a series that engenders "is javale McGee the MVP??!" Takes a la Danny green in 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
JR Smith should take Curry on a car ride before the game

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Michael Jordan has a war plane so whoever he backs, probably Lebron unless this is some sort of screw job to win Curry's loyalty by firebombing Cleveland.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Metapod posted:

Thanks a lot Kevin Durant

Sandeep
Mar 27, 2002

I should be working on Summoner 3 instead of engaging in political discussions

WhyteRyce posted:

I loved the "well Iggy guarded LeBron the best therefore..." defense of his MVP

Hey now, he limited LeBron to 36/13/9!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He made this guy who had like 100% USG shoot under 40%!!!!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This was a fun piece directly from Jon Bois's playbook

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/5/26/15688344/lebron-james-playoffs-any-nba-team-2k-simulation

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think he had a big chasedown block or something like that and kept making important defensive plays to start the transition, when their motion offense had stalled and wasn't producing points. It seems like 100 years ago.

Fingers crossed, at least we get to see full health Warriors vs full health Cavaliers and not the injury stuff of the last two.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
And then all the starters for both teams get hurt and it's BENCH VS BENCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i will be shocked if pachulia or draymond don't injure anyone

• Locked thread