Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aves Maria! posted:

i, for one, am shocked that women in beverly hills would be uninterested in a "person" like Notch

Dude, there's a TON of gold-diggers in Beverly Hills. If not even one of them will hook up with Notch, that honestly says a lot about him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868241396494368772

A bit late for the regular 5 pm news hour but I'll take it.

Not that I believe anything the Russians say but still lol

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
e: ^ wouldn't rule out Russians trolling over a line they knew was compromised, but if it's real they could really sweat one of these guys to roll on the other

Gonna be an EFB for sure but:

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

quote:

Ambassador Sergei Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, then President-elect Trump’s son-in-law and confidant, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

The meeting also was attended by Michael Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser.

The White House disclosed the fact of the meeting only in March, playing down its significance. But people familiar with the matter say the FBI now considers the encounter, as well as another meeting Kushner had with a Russian banker, to be of investigative interest.

:dogbutton:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Jesus christ I'm picturing him just walking up and being like "HEY I WANNA TALK TO PUTIN!"

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/868241827069140992
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/868242232985477120
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/868242655397990400

https://twitter.com/FactCheck/status/868123660590211072

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

enraged_camel posted:

Dude, there's a TON of gold-diggers in Beverly Hills. If not even one of them will hook up with Notch, that honestly says a lot about him...

it says a lot about him being an anti-social manatee

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Discussion Quorum posted:

e: ^ wouldn't rule out Russians trolling over a line they knew was compromised, but if it's real they could really sweat one of these guys to roll on the other

Gonna be an EFB for sure but:

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

:dogbutton:

:owned:

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
in the Lincoln Bedroom there's now a string leading out of the wall with a cup attached to it. Kushner talks to Putin through it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

can't meet women if you don't go outside

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
This is another one of the "Not technically illegal, but why on earth would you do this unless you either really knew what you were doing or had no idea what you were doing" scandals for the Trump pile.

It is kind of sad that he could actually successfully defend this by saying he just had no idea what was going on and TECHNICALLY since nothing was ever transferred over it; nothing illegal could have happened.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ahhhhh.... there it is.

Sweet, sweet scandalous news flowing warm into my veins

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

This is another one of the "Not technically illegal, but why on earth would you do this unless you either really knew what you were doing or had no idea what you were doing" scandals for the Trump pile.

It is kind of sad that he could actually successfully defend this by saying he just had no idea what was going on and TECHNICALLY since nothing was ever transferred over it; nothing illegal could have happened.

I'm guessing this will just be used as more grist for the "collusion" mill, assuming they have more concrete evidence.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

WaPo posted:

Kislyak reportedly was taken aback by the suggestion of allowing an American to use Russian communications gear at its embassy or consulate — a proposal that would have carried security risks for Moscow as well as the Trump team.

“How would he trust that the Russians wouldn’t leak it on their side?” said one former senior intelligence official. The FBI would know that a Trump transition official was going in and out of the embassy, which would cause “a great deal” of concern, he added. The entire idea, he said, “seems extremely naïve or absolutely crazy.”

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

loving lol, he's going to start deleting emails and destroying documents like he has done three separate times in the past in response to a request for discovery.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Turtlicious posted:

I really think it's not her fault she lost though, there was a lot of russian interference, and Comey had a hand to play in it too, plus people were unfair to her for being a woman. It's a much bigger people then you guys seem to think.

Here's the actual single point of failure, not Comey or Putin or Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypErSNcdu3s&t=733s

This loving guy and his idiotic campaign strategy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

loving lol, he's going to start deleting emails and destroying documents like he has done three separate times in the past in response to a request for discovery.

You don't ask for something if you don't know what you want to find.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

So crazy that it just might work?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It is a really interesting article.

Just lol/sigh at the data that showed that white women were the group most likely to openly ask if a woman REALLY should be president.

Misogyny is a hell of a thing. :(

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

This is conspiracy to commit treason.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Stairmaster posted:

Its true.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Trump Thread II: Extremely Naïve or Absolutely Crazy

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Unfortunately this is an online poll, so it's basically garbage.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

This feels like a what-if scenario where Nixon is retarded.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Ekster posted:

pretend I posted that gif with nixon's face pasted on it

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868246754625507328

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Ekster posted:

Also a secret Communist

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Is there literally anything legally that can be done if it fully comes out, proven with hard evidence, that the GOP has colluded at the highest levels with Russia to undermine America?

I mean short of a civil war.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Lemming posted:

Not that I believe anything the Russians say but still lol
If we're lucky, the pattern we've seen repeatedly over the past 4 months will continue. A rumor will come from an unverified source. Trump's staff will deny it, which should settle the unverifiable matter... Then Trump will start bragging that he totally did it.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Ekster posted:

Yeah it's wild that Republican congressmen prefer Actual Treason to having to write any useful legislature that can get bipartisan support

Cool republic we got here yo

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Again unless heads start to roll this leads to nothing. I want to see some political heads roll for once and careers to end

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Ekster posted:

Oliver's "Stupid Watergate" combined with Trump's Razor makes this whole treasonous situation make much more sense.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ekster posted:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Crain posted:

Is there literally anything legally that can be done if it fully comes out, proven with hard evidence, that the GOP has colluded at the highest levels with Russia to undermine America?

I mean short of a civil war.

I think you will find that nothing matters.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stairmaster posted:

It's not just that, the dude is extremely sexist and unpleasant. He's an MRA type who complains that "mansplaining" is a sexist term while also throwing the word "oval office" around at women who challenge him on that (he once accused a woman of "cuntfusing" the issue, apparently not seeing the irony in saying that right after calling the word "mansplaining" sexist), and also a GamerGater and such. He's basically a 4channer who happened to become a billionaire. It's no surprise no women want anything to do with him even with all his money.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just because this is on my clipboard.

https://youtu.be/G3M1-hDinIk

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So if Obama's administration had been accused of like half of the things going on in the current one, how far into it before they started 25ing him

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Calaveron posted:

So if Obama's administration had been accused of like half of the things going on in the current one, how far into it before they started 25ing him

Months ago

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Calaveron posted:

He would've dodged probably a half-dozen assassination attempts by now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Aves Maria! posted:

i, for one, am shocked that women in beverly hills would be uninterested in a "person" like Notch

it was more the idiot outbid jayz and beyonce on this mansion way out of the way of anything instead of buying a penthouse in the city.

also he hosed over everyone in the company except the cfo on the sale and then bitched about not having friends LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Calaveron posted:

There was probably enough evidence for proceedings to start around day 20 or so.

• Locked thread