Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Note that the chart assumes you're spending cantina energy on mods rather than shards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

I don't like that I have to suddenly have a high star Luke to do the higher tiers. He wasn't a good character before, still isn't but I have to have him at 6 stars all of a sudden with practically no warning or time to prep?

Thanks for the empire suggestions, Shore is a little too out of my league atm (currently 83 and i can't even beat 9 normal yet). How does MagmaTrooper stand these days? He's really easy for me to level and I'll have him at 7 in not time so I assume he's poo poo.

He's okay, especially if your game plan is to prevent the other side from ever getting a turn. I've been using him until I get TFP up and running and it works well enough.

The big problem is magma's main has a second attack that hits a random opponent, meaning you can potentially gently caress yourself if the enemy team has counter attacks.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

We should pin this or something:

This thing needs more words and less pictures. Are we supposed to spend all of our regular energy today? And why today? I spend all my regular energy every day, so what makes this one different?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Diddler posted:

This thing needs more words and less pictures. Are we supposed to spend all of our regular energy today? And why today? I spend all my regular energy every day, so what makes this one different?

The idea is that with double drops, you can maximize your returns by letting energy cap and then spending all of your refreshes without using energy the prior day. It's most notable with mods/cantina energy. When double drops for those start tonigh, I'll have ~900 energy saved up to spend, plus 3x100 refreshes from today and tomorrow, plus ~160 energy over the course of tomorrow.

All told, that's about ~1800 energy to spend on mod double drops. Or ~225 mods.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
3M from the heist today :negative:

At least I was able to start farming zetas this week.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Crumbletron posted:

3M from the heist today :negative:

At least I was able to start farming zetas this week.

Got my first 5 million out of credit heist. I feel like it's an achievement in itself to beat the top level, what's weird is I haven't leveled my guys at all since the last one but this time I beat it twice without issues.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Sometimes I get owned early on, sometimes my whole team survives. At least trying it is free? I've been lucky and got 10M last week so whatever. I might need the extra cash after tomorrow's mod influx, though!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Probably too early to ask this yet but with Tarkins recent revamp has anyone been experimenting with his zetas and building a speed-focused empire squad around him? I ask because of the fact my first zeta will probably be getting applied in a week or two, RNG allowing, and it was going to be Maul (and still might) only recent discussion ITT suggests Zaul is on his way out of the meta because of R2.

Now, I have a 7-star R2 sitting there waiting to be levelled up, maybe I should be dropping everything and levelling that? I just bought the Shoretrooper pack though so he's my current focus. I put a droid caller on Tarkin not long ago for his ship challenge and I'm hoping I can get more use out of him with the revamp and a little more gearing up, but if despite the revamp that's pretty much all he's good for then I'll not waste another energy on him.

Here's my profile in-case that helps.

edit: can someone re-post that youtube video that clearly and succinctly explains exactly how mods work and how to spot the ones worth levelling and the ones to sell right away? I want to put it in my guild message because everyone is getting mods now and asking stuff and it's kind of fiddly explaining it all in guild chat.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 26, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Don't bother with Maul.

Rex + Chaze + Nihilus + Kenobi

Wiggs + Chaze + R2/Nihilus/Kenobi

These are the current meta.

Honorable mention:

zQGJ + Chaze, Kenobi, Zariss

Zaul + Zavage + Zylo + sAss + Nihilus

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 26, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Probably too early to ask this yet but with Tarkins recent revamp has anyone been experimenting with his zetas and building a speed-focused empire squad around him? I ask because of the fact my first zeta will probably be getting applied in a week or two, RNG allowing, and it was going to be Maul (and still might) only recent discussion ITT suggests Zaul is on his way out of the meta because of R2.

Now, I have a 7-star R2 sitting there waiting to be levelled up, maybe I should be dropping everything and levelling that? I just bought the Shoretrooper pack though so he's my current focus. I put a droid caller on Tarkin not long ago for his ship challenge and I'm hoping I can get more use out of him with the revamp and a little more gearing up, but if despite the revamp that's pretty much all he's good for then I'll not waste another energy on him.

Here's my profile in-case that helps.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Tarkin (L) will be a real thing at level 85. The speed bonus on his leader zeta (2) is basically negligible, and while the expose is good, you're running against triple cleanse, which means you have to get damage on that target a second time before they get cleansed.
Looking at your profile, I would just hold off on that zeta. Your rebels aren't really ready for R2, and while R2 is good, a lot of his power comes from his zeta abilities, which will have no impact on an Empire team. You could run Zaul (L) EP, Sid, Nil, STH/RG, but I'm not sure how good that would be on your shard. You'd need to gear Nil more.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
We gotta fill this slot in SM for ticket production.

Someone in QGJ, speak up.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

You'd need to gear Nil more.

Yeah that's been an on and off thing I've been doing in between other stuff (I know that's the worst way to play it but I get distracted) so after shoretrooper has been brought up to scratch I may make him my next focus.

Found that video I was asking about, reposting cus good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaiApAwpno

Cactus fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 26, 2017

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Sent a request for an invite to the alt guild just now. Coming from a scrub rank 54ish player. I can't do poo poo but I like playing this game when i'm not doing anything else. I can't do raids or anything but maybe one day. I think my closest character to doing them, and I think I saw that I need a 7-star, is a 6-star Mace Windu.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ShowTime posted:

Sent a request for an invite to the alt guild just now. Coming from a scrub rank 54ish player. I can't do poo poo but I like playing this game when i'm not doing anything else. I can't do raids or anything but maybe one day. I think my closest character to doing them, and I think I saw that I need a 7-star, is a 6-star Mace Windu.

Which alt guild? The QGJ overflow? I'm 58 and am in the same boat. Except 6 star luminara

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think PloGoon? Whatever one was linked 4 pages ago.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

379-822-169 ally code, i Can add you

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
OK I sent you an ally request.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

This tier 3 flash fight is RNG horseshit and only makes me want to quit.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShowTime posted:

I have like 3 6-stars and I get rewards from the QGJ raids on the AAT so you should be okay!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Dely Apple posted:

This tier 3 flash fight is RNG horseshit and only makes me want to quit.

Tier 1 and 3 are pretty bad because the entire fight is in the hands of RNG. I found the trick is to just auto it until it eventually wins by itself.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
What would be my best arena team? Here's what I have, all 7* (except Nihilus at 5*) and all G11 or close to it:

Zader
Zaul
Zylo

EP
TFP
Boba
RG
R2D2
Nihilus (5*)

OG Rebels (Wiggs, STHan, Lando, Leia and raid Han)

I just got a new zeta to use.

I also have Sid and Dooku (around G8). Rex, Chaze and Shore are not close to being ready.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

trapt posted:

What would be my best arena team? Here's what I have, all 7* (except Nihilus at 5*) and all G11 or close to it:

Zader
Zaul
Zylo

EP
TFP
Boba
RG
R2D2
Nihilus (5*)

OG Rebels (Wiggs, STHan, Lando, Leia and raid Han)

I just got a new zeta to use.

I also have Sid and Dooku (around G8). Rex, Chaze and Shore are not close to being ready.

Zaul, Nihlius, Zylo, Palp, +1 is probably your best short term option. The best +1 options more or less in order:

Zeta Sid with more gear (but I wouldn't neccesarily recommend burning the zeta for this)
Sith Assassin if you can give her enough speed mods to go first (stars and gear don't matter too much, just get her to go first it's like having a ton of extra speed for your team)
Sid with more gear
Dooku with more gear
Vader or Boba

Those last few really depend on matchups more than the relative strength of using any of them.

I'd probably put the Zeta on Nihlius' unique. It's the only place for you to put it with pretty good odds of outlasting the current metagame and working as you transition to something with chaze or a Rex lead or whatever new hotness shows up in July or whatever.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There's also the fact that R2 has 2 zetas so whilst you're farming the next one you could be working on Chaze for a Wiggs/Chaze/R2 team.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

We could use more goons in the overflow guild if anyone is around

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Isnt there room in qgj for you right now?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Is there? I'll jump in if there is

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Are people still needed in any of those guilds? I just came back to this a few weeks ago and am in some other random guild but there isn't much happening with it. A week ago a bunch of people got kicked out due to inactivity and then others just left, and we seem to be pretty slow to actually get through the tier 6 raids since only... 24 of us are even attempting them.

I'm pretty low on both level and gear for these things, though (72, no characters past level 70 and gear 8, only two 7-star and one 6-star). I don't really have the people/levels/gear needed to even finish Galactic War right now. I think I've done it twice, and that was back around level 60 or 65.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
There's like 3 spots open in qgj. Talk to space craps or vallis rin in discord for an invite

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I was one drat hit away from 3*ing the zeta challenge this morning :shepface:

The AI refused to call in reinforcements for some reason?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Crumbletron posted:

I was one drat hit away from 3*ing the zeta challenge this morning :shepface:

The AI refused to call in reinforcements for some reason?

This is how you beat the 6* flagship challenges as well.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Is there a way to make it happen or is it just luck? I find it happens most often against Windu flagships

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Crumbletron posted:

Is there a way to make it happen or is it just luck? I find it happens most often against Windu flagships

Attempt it hundreds of times.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Of course.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Can anyone help me with what team builds I should focus on with the characters I have for Galaxy War and other battles and then the same info specifically for squad battles? I get absolutely destroyed with the teams I make, even if I have some synergy and out power my opponent by 2,000+ power.

6* Mace Windu
6* Obi-Wan Kenobi
4* Qui-Gon Jinn
5* Clone Wars Chewbacca
4* Talia
4* Jedi Consular
4* Ima-Gun Di
4* Luminara Unduli
4* Luke Skywalker
4* Grand Moff Tarkin
4* Ahsoka Tano
3* Count Dooku
3* Captain Phasma
3* Bodhi Rook
3* Biggs Darklighter

then some not worth mentioning 1* and 2* characters. I was focusing on getting Jedi, but it seems like I get absolutely destroyed with them. I'm level 57 right now and can't make it past the third tier in Galaxy War or break out of the 2500-5000 bracket in Squad Arena.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

ShowTime posted:

Can anyone help me with what team builds I should focus on with the characters I have for Galaxy War and other battles and then the same info specifically for squad battles? I get absolutely destroyed with the teams I make, even if I have some synergy and out power my opponent by 2,000+ power.

6* Mace Windu
6* Obi-Wan Kenobi
4* Qui-Gon Jinn
5* Clone Wars Chewbacca
4* Talia
4* Jedi Consular
4* Ima-Gun Di
4* Luminara Unduli
4* Luke Skywalker
4* Grand Moff Tarkin
4* Ahsoka Tano
3* Count Dooku
3* Captain Phasma
3* Bodhi Rook
3* Biggs Darklighter

then some not worth mentioning 1* and 2* characters. I was focusing on getting Jedi, but it seems like I get absolutely destroyed with them. I'm level 57 right now and can't make it past the third tier in Galaxy War or break out of the 2500-5000 bracket in Squad Arena.

What are gear levels like? At that level your arena team should at least be gear 7, gear is super important and mods aren't far behind

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Got like no mods and gear is most around level 5-6, Mace is at 7.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Around 50 is tough too, just from the fact that whales will have high class mods while scrubs will be fighting with whatever they can get and level. It starts balancing out again around 60-65.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ShowTime posted:

Can anyone help me with what team builds I should focus on with the characters I have for Galaxy War and other battles and then the same info specifically for squad battles?

I wrote a pretty good guide in the OP.

ShowTime posted:

I was focusing on getting Jedi, but it seems like I get absolutely destroyed with them. I'm level 57 right now and can't make it past the third tier in Galaxy War or break out of the 2500-5000 bracket in Squad Arena.

Honestly, you'll be a lot happier if you read the OP, then restart your game. Level 50 is less than 2 weeks if you play right.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I don't really understand why restarting would be beneficial when I have this much stuff already. I think i'd rather just quit if restarting is my only option, which it doesn't seem to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

ShowTime posted:

I don't really understand why restarting would be beneficial when I have this much stuff already. I think i'd rather just quit if restarting is my only option, which it doesn't seem to be.

You can build a half decent Jedi team:

QGJ (l), Obi, Luminara, Ashoka, Mace/JC. Swap in Lumi as lead for GW, QGJ for arena.

Use that while you get your rebel squad ready. Wedge (at level 69), Biggs, Lando, STH, AA/Leia.