Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

SRM posted:

I just figured it was because after gene therapy they all sound like Hulk Hogan.

:same: but Randy Savage

I should get rerolls in challenges if I cut an awesome promo on the enemy commander before deployment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Well there goes my idea for a Lamenters Primaris army. Who's going to bolster their forces when they can't even be bothered to show up and help Baal agaisnt Hive Fleet Leviathan?

You loving lazy cursed fucks.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

adamantium|wang posted:

I should get rerolls in challenges if I cut an awesome promo on the enemy commander before deployment

Challenges don't exist anymore, thank gently caress

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Have we seen any weapons yet that do mortal wounds or is it just smite and knights throwing poo poo at dudes

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

chutche2 posted:

Have we seen any weapons yet that do mortal wounds or is it just smite and knights throwing poo poo at dudes

The Primaris Astronauts have a 1 in 6 chance of inflicting a mortal wound when they charge.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
That FW Leviathan Dreadnought has a ranged weapon that does mortal wounds, and striking scorpions can apparently inflict them with mandiblasters too.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

xtothez posted:

That FW Leviathan Dreadnought has a ranged weapon that does mortal wounds, and striking scorpions can apparently inflict them with mandiblasters too.

Forgot about that

I'm just wondering since it says mortal wounds will spill over to other models, if there will be much that does multiple mortal wounds. Smite and the knight's throw does d3 but I think the others so far have just been 1 hit = 1 mortal wound

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR posted:

Good fluff would be old marines saving new marines because they don't have as much experiance

Good fluff would be it focusing on the Imperial armies showing up and having them form ranks with the blood angels rather than "and then Guilliman descended from the heavens".

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

AndyElusive posted:

Well there goes my idea for a Lamenters Primaris army. Who's going to bolster their forces when they can't even be bothered to show up and help Baal agaisnt Hive Fleet Leviathan?

You loving lazy cursed fucks.

Knowing the Lamenters, they probably got lost in a warp storm en-route.

They're going to turn up 100 years later all pumped to kill some 'Nids and just go "...oh"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It would have been awesome if the Lamentors had showed up along side Battle Fleet Deus Ex Guilliman.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The more I think about it, the more I am pretty okay with Guilliman getting to take credit for the (implied) salvation of the Blood Angels at the hands of Khorne.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Three Chapter Masters?! We only HAVE three- Dante, Seth, and Phoros (And the Lamenters weren't there!). And don't tell me they were just nameless generic Chapter Masters because Blood Angels can't even field those. Yeah, I'm still salty about that.

...Can we at least get our Reclusiarchs back?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Three Chapter Masters?! We only HAVE three- Dante, Seth, and Phoros (And the Lamenters weren't there!). And don't tell me they were just nameless generic Chapter Masters because Blood Angels can't even field those. Yeah, I'm still salty about that.

...Can we at least get our Reclusiarchs back?

Come play 30K where Sanguinius is still alive and BA are stylin' bad rear end motherfuckers

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I am fine with this thing. I should note that Guilliman was just one of the things that saved them he just helped clean up the left over Tyrinids. The big thing that saved them was the warp storm that teleported away the tyrinid fleet.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

As a Blood Angels player let me just say that I for one welcome our new Ultramarine Overlords, and would like to remind them that as a trusted first founding chapter we would be very useful in rounding others up to be converted into Bigly Marines.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

adamantium|wang posted:

Come play 30K where Sanguinius is still alive and BA are stylin' bad rear end motherfuckers

I would never play 30k!

....as loyalist scum

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I wanna see some Primaris assault guys. Seems weird that we haven't seen any at all. A full unit of eviscerators or something would be rad.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

BULBASAUR posted:

Shhhh. Hush. Cry into my shoulder dear hambrose. Wipe your tears with this plastic template.

This could have been us. Why did the blue man have to come wreck our dreams. :qq:

Also, :lol: last time the Ultramarines tried that, they got got. First Company just a bunch of punks.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

DO IT TO IT posted:

I wanna see some Primaris assault guys. Seems weird that we haven't seen any at all. A full unit of eviscerators or something would be rad.

I feel like primaris assault guys would be bumping up against assault terminators too hard tbh

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I would never play 30k!

....as loyalist scum

Good man. Kinda want to do traitor BAngels now.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

adamantium|wang posted:

Do it, we glorious sparkly space angel vampires welcome all into the fold. Except smurfs, gently caress those guys.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

adamantium|wang posted:

Partially inspired by the Dornian Heresy, I've been tempted to make a Nurgle Warband called The Blight Angels. Change the red to a more brown-red and using a bright yellow-green as a secondary color.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I don't really know poo poo about Blood Angels lore past 3rd edition or so - is the implication that some of the crazier blood-vampire style BAs summoned Khorne daemons to help them? Inadvertently or perhaps intentionally?

And did I read here that one of the traitor legions and loyalist legions might be switching places?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I don't really know poo poo about Blood Angels lore past 3rd edition or so - is the implication that some of the crazier blood-vampire style BAs summoned Khorne daemons to help them? Inadvertently or perhaps intentionally?

And did I read here that one of the traitor legions and loyalist legions might be switching places?

That's certainly one possible reason. I kind of like the idea that some Khorne daemons saw the 'Nids about to win and decided "gently caress THAT I WANTED TO KILL THE BLOOD ANGELS" and went to help out.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

The Sex Cannon posted:

Hey yo 40k Fuckbois

Go check itunes

I don't have itunes. Update your site. :fork:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Zaphod42 posted:

Jeeze this is some lovely writing.

Also :rip: Hive Fleet Leviathan, punked by Rowboat Girlyman because loving ultramarines are the author's favorite special children.

Punked by Chaos, more likely.

It'll probably pop out of the Warp somewhere even less good.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

Punked by Chaos, more likely.

It'll probably pop out of the Warp somewhere even less good.

I'm personally hoping for Ultramar

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I don't get the NPC race thing; would you be happy if they just wiped out a whole faction?

Strobe posted:

That's certainly one possible reason. I kind of like the idea that some Khorne daemons saw the 'Nids about to win and decided "gently caress THAT I WANTED TO KILL THE BLOOD ANGELS" and went to help out.

Yeah, that's the idea I'm getting too. Kahbanda wanted to show the BAs that they're his to destroy.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

This guy has two right hands and its freaking me out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
When's the Imperium going to split into bigly crusade vs marine traditionalists raised in the lovely imperium and willing the defend the status quo?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I was curious and looked up the GW facebook page and they actually have one of the designers there talking about their plans for the future.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I don't get the NPC race thing; would you be happy if they just wiped out a whole faction?

gently caress yea

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Soulfucker posted:

I was curious and looked up the GW facebook page and they actually have one of the designers there talking about their plans for the future.

fascinating

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Dale-Taco posted:

This guy has two right hands and its freaking me out.

The thing that looks like his left right arm is actually his thumb

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So grain of salt and everything, but apparently this is that Terminator Statue that was being talked about a week or so back.

The gently caress is he wielding?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
That just looks like a plasma cannon and power fist, or am I missing something?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Yeah, that's definitely a Plasma Cannon.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

There are people who literally believe GW is going to the story of 40k such that it ends with "and then Tyranids ate everyone, the end"

jadebullet posted:

So grain of salt and everything, but apparently this is that Terminator Statue that was being talked about a week or so back.

The gently caress is he wielding?

Dark Angel/Deathwing terminators can have plasma cannons

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pendent posted:

I'm personally hoping for Ultramar

That would make my day.

So, a thought. Would it be a terrible thing to paint up some bigmars as Luna Wolves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Dark Angel/Deathwing terminators can have plasma cannons

Ah I was going to ask, since when do Terminators have plasma cannons. I guess thats what I get for not really getting into either of those chapters.

• Locked thread