Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YeahTubaMike posted:

My work has free GOOD coffee (like, we have our own bean-grinder and everything), and free sugar, but no free milk.

We do, however, have powdered creamer ( :stonk: ), and those little individual creamer packets that are made entirely of hydrogenated vegetable oil & artificial flavors. :smithicide:

Hey, count yourself lucky.
The only thing I have at work is an old, underpowered microwave and a K-cup machine that sometimes works. We have to bring our own cups or grounds.
Most of us just go to the cafe nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Once a week, some motherfucker clogs one of the cubicles on my floor with the foulest combination of poo poo and paper towels, almost causing it to overflow. I don't know who is doing this. I don't know why, in a professional company where clients come into our building, we have someone doing this. I don't particularly care. It's the worst. Every time I walk in now I go "will today be the day I turn and see Swamp Thing lurking in the bowl?" and every time it's not the case I feel blessed.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My GF and I transplanted all of our pepper, tomato, watermelon, and squash seedlings into our raised begs last weekend and so far all the tomato and sqwuash, and most of the pepper and watermelons have already died. :(

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

The Deleter posted:

Once a week, some motherfucker clogs one of the cubicles on my floor with the foulest combination of poo poo and paper towels
Man this sentence get way more gross when you apply the US definition of cubicle.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The weather is getting far too hot over in england, and because of the heat the hot water tap gets way hotter way faster. Where before it would warm up over a couple of minutes and result in a decent dishwashing temp by the time the basin was full, now it starts at too hot and needs to be tempered with cold water and leaving it for a bit to cool or it's scalding hot.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BioEnchanted posted:

The weather is getting far too hot over in england, and because of the heat the hot water tap gets way hotter way faster. Where before it would warm up over a couple of minutes and result in a decent dishwashing temp by the time the basin was full, now it starts at too hot and needs to be tempered with cold water and leaving it for a bit to cool or it's scalding hot.

Where is your hot water heater that the ambient temperature has that much of an impact? On the roof?

Edit: no sarcasm. I am genuinely curious. We had a hot water heater in an unventilated room off of our carport while living the US Mid-south and we didn't have problems with the air temp messing up the water temp.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Aleph Null posted:

Where is your hot water heater that the ambient temperature has that much of an impact? On the roof?

Edit: no sarcasm. I am genuinely curious. We had a hot water heater in an unventilated room off of our carport while living the US Mid-south and we didn't have problems with the air temp messing up the water temp.

It's just in my kitchen but it's almost directly across from the kitchen window, which has no blinds, so that may be why it gets that much sun. I don't know exactly what causes it but it seems to correlate with the heat at least.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

Man this sentence get way more gross when you apply the US definition of cubicle.

It doesn't get any better with the UK definition either, let me tell you!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Aleph Null posted:

If your water heater is tankless, ambient temperature makes a big difference.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Flipperwaldt posted:

If your water heater is tankless, ambient temperature makes a big difference.

As an American, I prefer to waste vast amounts of energy on hot water I won't even use.
Also, gently caress fluorescent bulbs; they take a few extra seconds, sometimes as many as 30, to get to full luminosity. That is unacceptable.

My real FWP is that the Internet connection from my ISP to my house is far faster than the connections inside my house so I don't get the full benefit of the ultra-highspeed I am paying for. It comes in at 100 / 5, but I get more like 50 / 2 in my house. Dumb old cables and last gen WiFi.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Kelp Me! posted:

Somewhat related is the fact that my next door neighbor thinks it's perfectly ok to walk down the property line with an industrial leafblower and blow all the pollen and leaves and poo poo directly onto my car. (not to mention it's her loving tree overhanging my driveway that causes the bird poop and 90% of the pollen).

Depending on local laws, you may well be entitled to cut back any overhanging branches to the property line.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I moved from one apartment that only had windows facing North/South to one only facing East/West.

We must kill the sun.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Inzombiac posted:

I moved from one apartment that only had windows facing North/South to one only facing East/West.

We must kill the sun.

As a wise woman once told me, "The Sun is stupid."

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm a sucker for idle/clicker games to pass the time, and there was one that was, while simple, rather charming visually. My FWP is that its charm had me playing it more, and so I've quickly "finished' it.

Late Edit: this lovely bar steak I bought because I had a discount is shittier than normal. It's marbled enough trying to cut pieces off is a chore, even with a steak knife, cuz every piece has chunks of fat intertwined. If it weren't practically free, I'd return it.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:25 on May 24, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I bought a new wireless laptop mouse but it's almost impossible to click the scroll wheel without accidentally scrolling first.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Stoatbringer posted:

Depending on local laws, you may well be entitled to cut back any overhanging branches to the property line.

I know I am but if this lady is giving me this much grief over where she blows her yard waste I can only imagine the holy hell she'll rain down trying to stop me from getting on her property to cut the branch or whatever

I'll pass on being known as the guy who had to get cops involved in a yard dispute with an old lady :smith:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I only had time to play games for 20 minutes before work this morning. :(

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I've been writing garbo Star Wars clickbait articles for about 6 hours and I never want to see another loving lightsaber again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My Korean BBQ burrito was too big and now I'm sleepy at work!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I didn't want to ride my bike yesterday because it was too hot (28C) but now it's too cold (6C).

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Picnic Princess posted:

I didn't want to ride my bike yesterday because it was too hot (28C) but now it's too cold (6C).

Stiff upper lip

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I added too much olive oil to the hummus I was making and now it's a little oilier than I would like. :(

e: also, these tortilla chips are broken into pieces that are annoyingly small.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Picnic Princess posted:

BC? Me to mate.

Kelp Me! posted:

I know I am but if this lady is giving me this much grief over where she blows her yard waste I can only imagine the holy hell she'll rain down trying to stop me from getting on her property to cut the branch or whatever

I'll pass on being known as the guy who had to get cops involved in a yard dispute with an old lady :smith:

FYI; ring barking may be a cheap and effective solution. Some herbicides can kill a tree if applied with a syringe.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Outrail posted:

BC? Me to mate.

Southern Alberta. Typical weather to be honest.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I've been writing garbo Star Wars clickbait articles for about 6 hours and I never want to see another loving lightsaber mirror again.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I have a general feeling of ennui and dissatisfaction with the world. The first worldest of problems.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grevling posted:

I have a general feeling of ennui and dissatisfaction with the world. The first worldest of problems.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My cat has been prescribed Lantus insulin. It costs almost $300 for a 10 mL vial. The company's savings program is for humans only. Shipping from Canada takes too long, and I while I live in the Detroit area, I don't have a passport or advanced driver's license. The vet's only idea for this was shopping around.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
My internet died again, which is a fwp in its own right, but I had an essay due so I hotspotted my phone.

I had steam open in offline mode, but it very helpfully decided to go online unprompted and schedule a 2.9 gig update for a game I wanted to play. There's no way I'm using that much data on it, and I apparently can't tell it to just run without the patch. Thanks, steam!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Had to ring in sick to work, which i hate doing because it just means some other poor fucker will probably have to stay on for the evening to cover my shift and i always feel like my boss doesn't believe people when they call in sick.

Also, having a stomach bug on the second warmest day we've had here in Ireland so far this year :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was gifted a really nice notebook (with a metal cover and everything!) at my old job and it's now full and I have to use a boring-rear end legal pad to write stuff down :(

Inzombiac posted:

We must kill the sun.

We're moving this weekend from an apartment with very small west-facing windows as its only natural lighting to one with very large west-facing windows as its only natural lighting. My wife really wanted something with more natural light and I'm excited to hear her complain about the glare every time she wants to Netflix & chill on a weekend afternoon.

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 15:59 on May 27, 2017

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I volunteered to help answer the animal rescue's email.

So far, the average is 30 emails a day. Maybe 5 are spam. Half the rest are "can you please take my animal i can't take care of them/dont want them/dont want to take them to a kill shelter. I always reply that we are closed for public intake; we GET our rescues from the kill shelters.

And the rest are inquiries about adoptable pets, which is nice, but gently caress the hagglers, gently caress the people who email 'how much dog' and especially gently caress two awesomely cute puppies, Spitz and Rammy, BECAUSE EVERY DAY THIS WEEK I HAVE HAD TO ANSWER 10 EMAILS A DAY PER PUP. I get the idea the foster is pissed because I always have to add her on the reply emails. The two pups are very cute, yes, and perfect puppy age, and loving Christ I want them to get adopted and off the site so I can stop telling people yes they are still here.

My coworker loves the new Selena Gomez song, "Bad Liar," and all it makes me think of is some dumbass trying to do beat poetry and failing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Finding free mockup templates for products that are also good quality is really hard.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I keep seeing ads for Long John Silver's, and I want their chicken and fries so much. But I can't eat there because they cook everything with shellfish, and I'm allergic.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What. Chicken tenders and fries are ubiquitous in every fast food chain.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Everyone who does them uses different spice mixes, though

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The Touch ID on my new iPhone is super sensitive. I tested it out, asked my friend to put my finger up to it while I pretended to be limp like I was passed out and he was able to open my phone with no effort. So now I have to turn it off and it's a pain in the rear end to type in a passcode.

Also, I had to get a new phone because I broke my old one, and I REALLY didnt want a new phone.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You expect your fingerprint to change if you're unconscious?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

You expect your fingerprint to change if you're unconscious?

I meant that on my 5S you had to hold the finger in a very specific way for it to unlock, so it was pretty much impossible for someone else to open it, but on the 7 you can just put the finger on in any way and even super gently and it immediately opens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I don't understand, are you a spy or something? Do you get roofied a lot? Why are you concerned about people accessing your phone with your finger?

e:Having to hold your finger in a very specific way to unlock your phone is entirely antithetical to the whole point of Touch ID.

Noctone has a new favorite as of 04:43 on May 27, 2017