Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Here's some of my best footage after a lot of gin and Irish whiskey on a weeknight

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I%20Stick%20Dudes/video/31659243

https://i.imgur.com/ATwfAA5.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Image Credit; Bone Krew 2016

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:golfclap:

Yo I want to change one color on my character's face, where does that leave me

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
WHAT DO I do with legendary marks when I'm above 390

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Somebody post the "how to level in ROI" jpg please, I'm on bone and am 335 light zzzz.

Warlock jump is extra terrible unleveled lmao

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Darth Windu posted:

WHAT DO I do with legendary marks when I'm above 390

buy guns you like

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Legs Benedict posted:

buy guns you like

What's a good gun that shoots strong bullets

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Gamble.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Parthian shot from vanguard is good this week.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Parthian shot from vanguard is good this week.

Thanks. I have one with pb and rodeo already, I'll check it out tho

Is any of xur's stuff good this weekend? I might grab the ram just for the heck of it

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Menstrual Show posted:

Somebody post the "how to level in ROI" jpg please, I'm on bone and am 335 light zzzz.

Warlock jump is extra terrible unleveled lmao

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
also the last time I played auto rifles were bad. Is that still the case or is there a good one, and if so which ones are good?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Darth Windu posted:

also the last time I played auto rifles were bad. Is that still the case or is there a good one, and if so which ones are good?

What I have found d is guns that kill you are good, guns that you can't kill with are bad so, take that as you will.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Windu posted:

I'm having moderate success with the WOTM AR in crucible.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Auto rifles are competitive until you start playi people who can 3 tap you with a palindrome.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Auto rifles are competitive until you start playi people who can 3 tap you with a palindrome.

Or have some trials pulse that melts me whenever I come across it.

I don't remember the name but I couldn't do poo poo to the guy with it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Alteisen posted:

It was either a Messenger (y1 high impact) or Blind Perdition (y3 hawksaw type)

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Thanks!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo. gently caress Jolly Holiday. gently caress this stupid quest.

*does decent, contributes to team, top 1/3, wins match*

*down from 19 to 17 percent*

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

These are a few of my favorite things

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The 2nd one, that was it.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Alteisen posted:

This Nirwen's Mercy from Iron Banner (Headseeker, Braced Frame) I have is my absolute bottom bitch, I keep trying to find a better time to kill in any primary but I consistently out shoot people at disgusting range with this.

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/3904536202-nirwens-mercy#0;12o;21;33o;48o;50;61;70;80o;9

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I don't have anything to contribute but i hope the slight net code improvements they have talked about at least make things a bit better.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

I don't have anything to contribute but i hope the slight net code improvements they have talked about at least make things a bit better.

Moving game rules to the server side means that put a stop to many ways to glitchs in raids.

Edit: I should have said "raids glitch" has the way I say it here make it look like cheese will be harder, when most cheese abuse how the scripts are programmed and I don't think these will be affected, except if are easier to written now.

We will still see sometimes a raid breaking, because a raid script can have a bug, and whatever that affected scripts breaking localside may still happens serverside, but it will be a more rare occurrence.

i don't think this will stop most ways to cheese raids, because they where based on logic, only the kneeing Crota was based on the netcode architecture.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 27, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tei posted:

Moving game rules to the server side means that put a stop to many ways to glitchs in raids.

We will still see sometimes a raid breaking, because a raid script can have a bug, and whatever that affected scripts breaking localside may still happens serverside, but it will be a more rare occurrence.

i don't think this will stop most ways to cheese raids, because they where based on logic, only the kneeing Crota was based on the netcode architecture.

Does that mean poo poo like the teleporting ogres will stop to?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

That is obsolete because blues get you up to 385, purples to 390 and gently caress you packages to 400.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Tei posted:

Hope they take measures tp stop ddosing in pvp. Shits aids

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

limaCAT posted:

That is obsolete because blues get you up to 385, purples to 390 and gently caress you packages to 400.

I just googled and grabbed the first image.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Does that mean poo poo like the teleporting ogres will stop to?

No idea.

- Players abusing progamming errors in the raid scripts: not "solved"
- Players abusing progamming errors in the raid scripts: solved if the scrips have less errors because is easier the write them serverside
- Players using disconnection to make crota kneee forever: solved.
- Players using disconnection to make crota kneee forever: super-solved because crota don't exist in destiny 2 anyway
- Player hosted instance corrupting: solved, because the instance is serverside
- Player hosted instance corrupting: not solved, because whatever corrupted the localside instances maybe can affect serverside? like if the server instances overheat or something. We may still have to go to orbit, change leader of group, and go back hoping the weird poo poo stops.
- Istance being lagging at hell, enemies regaining life: solved
- Players on the <platform that should not be mentioned> floating around, teleporting using hacks: not solved
- Players using syncronization errors to dupe objects: probably solved, I think there was only one this problems in destiny 1.
- Players using logic errors on the programming to dupe items: not solved

The most honest version is: I have no idea. Is a small improvement but everything is still poo poo (from hardware, OS's, apis, third party, tools) and poo poo happens. We could see less weird poo poo, and we could do less cheeses, but I don't think this will solve all problems forever. And the <platform that should not be mentioned> are still hosed.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 27, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I give 0 fucks about pve cause lol if you cant clear everything but pvp needs to not br a miss

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I give 0 fucks about pve cause lol if you cant clear everything but pvp needs to not br a miss

It would be kinda nice if PvE wasn't so easy you could do it all in a day

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

:agreed:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I kinda want that lighthouse pulse, I am a bad. If I could get rangefinder on my saladin keeping all my other perks I could stop chasing it finally. Not that I'm unhappy with this one.

I'd love to keep whatever items are at least equipped carrying over to 2, that'd make sense to me, especially if they get level dumped for ~reasons~ but we could build them back up while we go. I'm sure we'd have new weapons we like more too. Pipe dreams.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

PathAsc posted:

I kinda want that lighthouse pulse, I am a bad.

Bads can get the weapons pretty easily now, I have all the trials weapons from the gold bounties. The bounties should take 2 cards max, managed to complete them twice on one card last week but took two cards this week. I blame people camping with icebreaker, frontier is a great map for the sweaty icebreaker bros. The shrinking player base hurts too. The trials pulse is basically the old vendor y2 hawksaw but with HCR and a better/hightlighting sight, if pulses are your thing it is a must have. Also gently caress the heavy kills on the trials page. I think I will end up at the lighthouse before getting 15 heavy kills :negative:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

texaholic posted:

Also gently caress the heavy kills on the trials page. I think I will end up at the lighthouse before getting 15 heavy kills :negative:

haha gently caress the book

more like: gently caress the current meta in Trials because it couldn't possibly be any less fun to play right now.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Trials was fun yesterday even despite losing a bunch of games against fully stacked squads. I love drama

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

I've got 37 gigs of Destiny clips saved on my Ps4. Apparently, that's not a lot according to Bettyspaghetti, but none the less I have a lot of boring 5 min chunks of footage to watch until I get to the 20-30 seconds of actual content I wanted to save in the first place.

A lot of it.... Is not good. But I'm gonna at least share some of it anyway because watching my own sloppy game play beats playing this dead gay game.

I'm pretty positive I already shared my clip of killing three dudes with one headshot in gif form, but I'm sharing it again via YouTube.

https://youtu.be/OjdbpSk0iwI

Lol poom I didn't say it wasn't a lot, I'm just trying to figure out why I have like 130 gigs of destiny gameplay saved lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

:golfclap:

Yo I want to change one color on my character's face, where does that leave me

You and a lot of people in the Trump era

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Spike grenade opening on 618

https://youtu.be/0tONdtHRXGk