Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HenryEx posted:

I'm pretty sure that SovCit who encountered the Terminator cop who just straight ripped the window out of his car was black. Don't have the video handy but i wouldn't mind a repost. It's always good for a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUgmc7kKqOI&t=67s

That window was one day from retirement. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Fascinating thanks guys.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Moops

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Toast Museum posted:

I remember a black SovCit-adjacent group coming up some time ago in either this thread or an old SovCit thread, but I can't recall their name.

Nuwaubian Nation maybe? They're the ones that built that crazy pyramid compound in Georgia.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Looks like someone forgot about math.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

this is an improperly designed euthanasia coaster and i hope the architect will rectify this

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm as American as you can be, from Texas, all that. And let me tell you, people here are beyond stupid. But people are this stupid all over the world; spent a long time in Japan I've met some seriously stupid people there.

You, you're OK by me.
But gently caress Texans for the treasonous secessionist filth they have been and are.

But I don't make judgements.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

gleebster posted:

You, you're OK by me.
But gently caress Texans for the treasonous secessionist filth they have been and are.

But I don't make judgements.

You seem to be thinking of California. Here in Texas, we threaten to secede every time something happens in the government we don't like (so all the time), but we don't actually try to do it. It's the State equivalent of stomping up the stairs and slamming our door.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You seem to be thinking of California. Here in Texas, we threaten to secede every time something happens in the government we don't like (so all the time), but we don't actually try to do it. It's the State equivalent of stomping up the stairs and slamming our door.

I like the fact that Texas has emptily threatened to secede so many times nobody even bothers noticing anymore.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ref/abouttx/secession/2feb1861.html

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The Texas State Library are more honest people than you are.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

quote:

I had some of my friends over at my house and one of my friends invited one of her other friends to come over. She had her MacBook on my couch when I sat on it and broke it. Since it was completely my fault I offered to pay her the money for it and she agreed. She got it 3 years ago and it cost 2200 dollars at the time. I told her I'd wire you the money in a week to her bank account.

She's now emailed me saying that as per our conversation she's expecting the 2700 that I have agreed for!!!! I didn't know why she added the extra money so I got her number from my friend and called her to find her telling me she's now expecting me to pay for her new upgraded MacBook since she was "upgrading anyway". She said if I don't agree to do that she'll be suing me in small claims court. Can a judge agree to that?

Should I wire her the $2,200 or should I just tell her go sue me?
Location is California.

quote:

I did some research specifically for repairing the screen for the macbook and for her particular model it’s around 310 for the screen + the labor cost so I wrote her back saying that since she didn't accept my initial offer of $2200, I’m withdrawing that offer, and offering to pay for the repair cost. She sent me an email calling me a bitch and that she’s going to take me to court.

I got served a few days later and went to court. I told the judge I gave her three options to choose from. 1) either to write her a check for a brand new one which was 2200 dollars. 2) Get her a refurbished one from apple or a third party or even used which would be around 1400 dollars or 3) fix her current MacBook since the screen is the only thing affected here and it would cost around 300 dollars plus money for labor. (I printed out the email I sent her and the mail she sent back refusing demanding the 2700 and calling me a bitch and saying we’ll go to court + screenshots for the price quotes from different websites for a new/refurbished and the screen fix for her particular model) and gave it to the judge. I also told him that when I offered at the very beginning to get her a new one from the apple store she said no I want the money in cash. When I told her I’d give her 2200 for a new one she said okay but later came asking for 2700 because she wants to upgrade. I tried to show him how it's clearly visible that she's trying to take advantage of me.

She gave the judge an attitude almost the whole time which really pissed the judge off and helped my case I guess. After listening to both of us he ruled that I pay 50% of the repair cost since she negligently left her laptop on the couch. So I'll only be paying not more than 200-250 dollars for the whole thing.

If it weren’t for you guys I would’ve paid $2,200 dollars instead of around $200 and I honestly loved her look at the end as we walked out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/6dh9vh/super_awesome_update_sat_down_on_my_friends/

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Azathoth posted:

Nuwaubian Nation maybe? They're the ones that built that crazy pyramid compound in Georgia.

Moorish law is what I was thinking of, but these guys sound pretty amazing.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/JjR7bUx.gifv

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

The suspense was totally worth it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

I was just expecting it to explode or something, but the end result was even better. :haw:

What the heck is going on there anyway?

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

The reverence in which he places this thing, signaling his superior turkey cooking knowledge over common plebeians who opt for a simple oven or grill. So loving smug,. Love that poo poo.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Your Computer posted:

I was just expecting it to explode or something, but the end result was even better. :haw:

Old man doesn't know how to cook, burns food. The end.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Trig Discipline posted:

Should have been dickbutt. Though I suppose that would be a different thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

gleebster posted:

The Texas State Library are more honest people than you are.
I can't reach that link through my phone at work for whatever reason, it times out; you'll have to explain your sick burn manually.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I like the fact that Texas has emptily threatened to secede so many times nobody even bothers noticing anymore.
It's pretty great, nobody loving cares anymore but they still wave their stupid little Confederate flags and insist that this, THIS TIME for sure, Bullwinkle!

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:20 on May 27, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Your Computer posted:

quote:

As the wood dries, at 300 degrees Celsius (572 degrees Fahrenheit), it begins to release combustible gases that ignite when they contact an open flame. The gases burn, gradually raising the temperature of the wood to 593 degrees Celsius (1,100 degrees Fahrenheit).

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Is there a single loving Republican who isn't in Putin's pocket?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Gorilla Salad posted:

Probably Ben Carson, who's too stupid to exist yet somehow does.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gschmidl posted:

Probably Ben Carson, who's too stupid to exist yet somehow does.

Ben Carson gave a piece of his brain to every patient he operated on.

When he ran out of brain, he entered politics.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

`Nemesis posted:

First time I saw it I just had a feeling it was Wisconsin, so not really. I don't even get up that way often but it just felt like it had WiDOTs fingerprints on it.

The vague sense of midwest blandness gives away WI, esp appleton.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Platystemon posted:

Ben Carson gave a piece of his brain to every patient he operated on.

When he ran out of brain, he entered politics.

For Ben Carson so loved the world that he gave his one and only Brain, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal grain storage.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Your Computer posted:

Trying to cook a roast chicken dutch oven style and he fucks it up and toasts the chicken

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Question:

What's worse - being in Putin's pocket or being in the House of Saud's pocket?

Trick question, obviously you would take payments from both.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/067OCi5.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/H7FyVtn.gifv

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I'm pretty sure first dude is dead. Holy gently caress.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm pretty sure first dude is dead. Holy gently caress.

Yeah he CTOΠΠed tho

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah he CTOΠΠed tho

Owie

http://i.imgur.com/bwU2d8C.gifv

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Thursday evening umpire training: "You have to see everything! Keep your eye on the ball!"

Saturday night match:

http://i.imgur.com/BkNVQFi.mp4

Memento has a new favorite as of 11:51 on May 27, 2017

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Your Computer posted:

http://www.birchridgefarm.com/trashcanturkey.html

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Makes sense. Carbonized turkey man was using fast burn wood instead of slow burning coal.

The oven equivalent of turning everything to high and walking away whistling.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
http://i.imgur.com/xYfHkUA.mp4

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I swear I saw that second one happen on an episode of People's Court on TV this past week (TV service sucks at work don't judge me)

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

DancingShade posted:

Question:

What's worse - being in Putin's pocket or being in the House of Saud's pocket?

Trick question, obviously you would take payments from both.

I am moderately sure that putin doesn't have a rape/torture dungeon filled with this family members

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can't reach that link through my phone at work for whatever reason, it times out; you'll have to explain your sick burn manually.

Remember that one time Texas totally did secede over the right to own people. That was pretty hilarious! It's a book about that.

everydayfalls has a new favorite as of 18:17 on May 27, 2017