Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Junpei posted:

Yeah, while some of his designs are relatively cool and interesting, I've always preferred more simple and clean designs, when it comes to characters.

Well done :tipshat:

I dunno, I kinda like Ophelia as Sorceror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ophelia as a witch

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Ophelia as a Witch.

Soleil as a Dread Fighter.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Witch Elise is a valid choice.

Keep Ophelia as Sorcerer until she learns Bowbreaker

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Edit: On second thought, Soleil to Dread Fighter and hold off on the Witch reclass for now.

Also reclass Corrine to Spear Master, because I lust for E-rank weapons.

ajkalan fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 26, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Witch Elise is a valid choice.

Keep Ophelia as Sorcerer until she learns Bowbreaker

And lose a healer? Also Bowbreaker is not a good enough skill to delay everything that the Witch brings.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ajkalan posted:

Edit: On second thought, Soleil to Dread Fighter and hold off on the Witch reclass for now.

Also reclass Corrine to Spear Master, because I lust for E-rank weapons.

I have an arms scroll in the shop so anyone changing into new weapons is starting at d.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Ophelia must be a Witch. 'tis Destiny.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Hunt11 posted:

And lose a healer? Also Bowbreaker is not a good enough skill to delay everything that the Witch brings.

Elise is much, much better at the nuker role.

I made Elise a witch and Odin a strategist on my file and I regret nothing.

Ophelia is still a sorc mostly for the crit bonus but I'm thinking that changes soon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cythereal posted:

She'd be infinitely more tolerable than the actual same-sex marriage option for women.
the same sex option for women is fine, the translation just ruined her.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Endorph posted:

the same sex option for women is fine, the translation just ruined her.

She's a crazy stalker whose whole life revolves around the PC. Her wishing that she was a man so she could obsess over the PC properly is not an improvement.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

W.T. Fits posted:

Ophelia as a Witch.

This.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cythereal posted:

She's a crazy stalker whose whole life revolves around the PC. Her wishing that she was a man so she could obsess over the PC properly is not an improvement.
the entire point of her character in jp is that she wishes she wasn't so weird and plays up her weirdness to try and push people away because she's awkward around them, and her entire jp same sex support doesn't even have any stalking. the 'wishing she were a man' line is because she thinks corrin doesn't take her seriously as a romantic partner, and corrin replies that the only reason she takes her seriously as a romantic partner is because she's a woman. try not to get your views of the jp supports from third hand opinions on tumblr.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Ophelia is still a sorc mostly for the crit bonus but I'm thinking that changes soon.
Witch actually gets the same crit bonus. Witch is bonkers. I've made Corrin and Elise witches in different playthroughs and they both shitstomped, as well as a couple of the child characters.

Therefore, make Felicia a Witch.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Witch is just Sorcerer but better tbh, Sorcerer skills kinda suck past the Dark Mage ones and Witch is faster. Vengeance is bad with reduced proc rate and lower total HP, while Bowbreaker is so specific, it's useful, like, twice.

Witch Felicia is great when done early on, Warp by the end of Chapter 8 is stupid. That said, yeah, gonna go with the crowd and say Ophelia. If she's gonna be a glass cannon nuke, she's gonna be the best glass cannon nuke.

Dread Fighter Soleil as well, it's certainly better than Hero!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Elise is much, much better at the nuker role.

I made Elise a witch and Odin a strategist on my file and I regret nothing.

How? Ophelia's personal skill increases her crit chance and when combined with the boost that the witch class gives allows her to just obliterate anything. Elise's personal skill has great synergy with being a strategist as when combined with demosile and the cap skill she is providing male units the equivalent of +7 defense/resistance and +3 Strength/Magic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I will end this lp if you take my only healer

Or even worse, make effie a troubadour

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Just buy lots of potions, you got this.

A serious fun option is Maid Charlotte.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

W.T. Fits posted:

Ophelia as a Witch.

Yo, sup good opinion haver

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Tae posted:

I will end this lp if you take my only healer

Or even worse, make effie a troubadour

how about a trade and we make someone else the healer instead

like effie

e: real talk, who even could become a healer at this point?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AriadneThread posted:

how about a trade and we make someone else the healer instead

like effie

e: real talk, who even could become a healer at this point?

Among the 1st gen?

Azura and Selena via Falcon Knight
Effie, Leo, Charlotte via Strategist

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Heart Seal Charlotte to Stra- :commissar:

Heart Seal to Tae's choice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The much hyped Witch, Ophelia trades in some resistance for even more magic and speed.

I'm sensing some recency on these class changes....

Arthur is out again. I can't believe there's a trade-off battle between Arthur and Leo and not like...Xander and Camilla considering how Birthright went.

There's no end in sight. We must try to get past them as quickly as possible!

She's warning us that there's infinite reinforcements on the map, and not the good kind.

These Stoneborns are by far the #1 reason why this map is hard. Massive attack, big damage weapon, Wary Fighter to prevent easy kills, and Renewal to make themselves last.

The plan is to have Effie and one other flying unit take out Stoneborns, since Brave Weapons get through Wary Fighter.

It's very suspicious that they give you two Arms Scroll and Brave Weapon access the chapter before this.

Of course, the rest of my team can't fly and have to zigzag their way to the top since there's unbreakables between every other segment of the steps.

Not that it's unimportant, since taking out the Faceless is also important because just about all of them have Savage Blow which really adds up quickly.

Corrine picks up a level from a counterkill.

Charlotte does the same for a +HP/STR/SKL/SPD/RES level. Pretty good start so far.

Corrine gets two key targeted assaults from the Stoneborns up ahead, which get inflicted with her Dragonic Hex and key to their demise.

That feeling when your crit is as high as your hit rate in a good way.

It's Hammer time! Why? I dunno, I think I forgot to switch to the Killer Axe somehow.

The Dragon Veins here cast Freeze on all the enemies for one turn. This is basically the only to safely isolate the Stoneborns without being worried about swarm-killed by the 50 Faceless nearby.

The Dragonic Hex is just enough for Effie to naturally one-round a Stoneborn.

After Effie takes out the 2nd one nearby, there's still three more on the next segment that can all cover each other. Definitely not fun.

Leo uses another vein to give an opening for Effie, but she can only whittle the monsters down to a sliver this time.

Well, that works too.

Even you don't believe that.

Leo is MVP just for being a Royal on a horse to activate all these incredibly important Dragon Veins.

Effie only gains HP/STR/LCK, but that's good enough for at this point.

Technically he did 18 damage but Golembane has some flaws when a third of the supposed targets have the highest physical defense in the game.

And Odin takes care of the last Stoneborn, eliminating the main threat of the mission.

Time to finally highlight these reinforcements that have been pouring in every turn.

Not only do they come with Savage Blow because of course they do, but they have a special skill called Void Curse that prevents EXP gain. So you can't infinitely grind on these enemies for levels.

Soleil is an okay Dread Fighter, especially compared to Rinkah who had sole access to the Bolt Axe and was also pumped on steroids. The main benefit is that she's another Hidden Tool user, and more debuffs is never a bad thing.

One last Dragon Vein to eliminate the final line of defense safely.

The only reason to bother with fighting these Faceless instead of just escaping is that the "boss" Faceless has an Arms Scroll. Those are super important considering how Effie barely got to A rank by now and Charlotte is still at the beginning of B despite all the killing.

Effie gets the final honors after doing all the hard work.

Leo "ends" the map with a lvl 6 gain of +HP/SKL/SPD.

Laslow actually did a ton of thankful work by weakening almost every major enemy.

Class Overview

Witch

Pair-up Bonus: +5 MAG, +3 SPD
Weapon rank: Tomes (S)

Skills: (lvl 1) Shadowgift-User can equip Dark Mage exclusive Tomes (Nosferatu)
(lvl 10) Witch’s Brew-Luck% chance of obtaining a potion item (eg. Vulnerary) after moving during the first seven Turns
(lvl 25) Warp-Select the “Warp” command to instantly move adjacent to an ally and perform another action
(lvl 35) Toxic Brew-When user triggers the battle, Skill x 1.5% chance of reducing the enemy’s Movement to 0 and Avoid by 20 after the battle (until the next Turn)

Witches are powerful tome users that are very similar to Sorcerers as far as stats go. They even have the same Crit+10 bonus, though they also get +10 avoid as well.

Of course, their biggest advantage is that their incredible mobility, being able to ping-pong between multiple groups of your forces to shore up or finish off an enemy at a moment's notice. And their massive pair-up bonus helps in a pinch for her father.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 27, 2017

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Tae posted:

[timg]https://lpix.org/2809900/14.jpg[/img

Broken image tag here.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
My method of doing this mission was to get Dark Knight Odin (Having had a good string of levels) equipped with his Forged Mjolnir Tome (ThunderdomeX, which I felt was the most fitting for him) pair with Camilla, and bounce from Stoneborn to Stoneborn, eliminating them as Corrin and Xander bounced between Dragon Veins to keep the rest knocked down as the team hauled rear end.

Also man, after Echoes, seeing that many stat growths on level ups feels alien to me.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Hunt11 posted:

How? Ophelia's personal skill increases her crit chance and when combined with the boost that the witch class gives allows her to just obliterate anything. Elise's personal skill has great synergy with being a strategist as when combined with demosile and the cap skill she is providing male units the equivalent of +7 defense/resistance and +3 Strength/Magic.

My bad, saying Elise > Ophelia in the nuking department would be nuts.

I'm saying that I found Witch Elise to be a lot better for the team one-rounding whatever she was pointed at rather than being a healbot. Then again, she capped Magic, Speed, and Luck as a witch in my file so maybe I'm just super lucky?

Made her supports of her complaining she was useless in combat super hilarious.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
While Ophelia appreciates a Witch reclass, the one character who by far benefits the most is Orochi. The increased speed gain makes her speed salvageable, and the extra magic makes her magic obscene. I've made her a Witch twice and it turns a normally mediocre unit into a contender for MVP both in Birthright and Revelations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

My bad, saying Elise > Ophelia in the nuking department would be nuts.

I'm saying that I found Witch Elise to be a lot better for the team one-rounding whatever she was pointed at rather than being a healbot. Then again, she capped Magic, Speed, and Luck as a witch in my file so maybe I'm just super lucky?

Made her supports of her complaining she was useless in combat super hilarious.

I made her a witch, got warp, and then bounced her back to Strategist for an incredibly mobile healer/deleter. Yeah, she maxed magic and speed and resilience for me too.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...yeah, if anybody's going to enjoy the gently caress out of teleporting to come save people, it's probably Ophelia.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Well, I have the DLC map, so mother and daughter are now witches.

Time to murder everyone ever.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

dude789 posted:

While Ophelia appreciates a Witch reclass, the one character who by far benefits the most is Orochi. The increased speed gain makes her speed salvageable, and the extra magic makes her magic obscene. I've made her a Witch twice and it turns a normally mediocre unit into a contender for MVP both in Birthright and Revelations.

Unless you got the DLC map, honestly Hayato's kid is a better recipient of the Witches' Mark. I mean, you can have one pretty good unit, or you can have a goddamn monster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Where did Xander's horse go? Makes me wonder if they'll ever go back to mechanics that involve disembarking mounts.

I'm...I'm OK, Azura.
But I'm not sure we'll be able to make it back up the stairs like this...
The Faceless seem to be concentrating their attacks on you, Corrine. I've never seen anything quite like it.
Corrine, go on ahead while we fend them off. That's an order.
What?! No! I won't leave you!

Where...where's the rest of the army. I'm still not sure if we're an army this time or just the dozen, because it changes every chapter.

It's a bit late for that, Xander.

No matter what happens to us, you mustn't fall here. All of Nohr is counting on you. Leave this mess to us and get out of here! We'll buy enough time to escape.
I won't say it again, little princess. As the crown prince of Nohr, my word is law. Go, NOW!

Maybe if you say that Ryoma would stay as well, Xander would change his mind.

Xander is right. If we're to end this war and bring peace to the world, we can't let you die here. You are the fated hero, Corrine. The Yato chose you for a reason. So please trust us. Get out of here while you still can.

How does this relate to the chair plan

Are we sticking the sword underneath the chair when Garon sits on it

GRRRAAAAARRRGH!!
!!

Yeah, Xander and Azura are going to handle the front lines here.

Azura...
OK. I trust you, and I will do as you say. We WILL meet again. We must. Until then...good-bye.

Wow, are Azura and Xander going to not show up for the next map??

*Time passes*

Is she seriously the only one. What was the plan here, solo-ing all of Hoshido?

*pant...pant...pant...* I finally made it up the Eternal Stairway... Hoshido...is just ahead... I hope everyone is all right. Please gods, let them be all right...

Oh no, one made it past through. Whatever shall she do against ONE Faceless.

GRRRAAAAWR!!
Huh?! More Faceless! How can this be?!

Corrine is staring right at it.

YES LILITH DIES AGAIN

AREN'T YOU SAD

AREN'T YOU...TEARING UP

Hey look, she immediately one-shot the Faceless, making this entire scene really loving dumb.

Why, indeed

Why did you risk your life for me? This can't be happening...
Hang in there, Lilith!

*Lilith changes into a human*

Lilith... You're...
*cough* It would seem the Astral Dragon Moro has taken pity on me. He's chosen to...let me return to my human form...for my last few—
No, Lilith! Don't you dare say it! I...I forbid it! You aren't allowed to die, Lilith! Please! I need you to live...
I'm sorry, milady... For the first and last time...I can't follow your orders.

Don't worry, I won't

It's only fitting. After all, you saved my life too, all those years ago. More than saving me, you gave me a place to call home...a family...someone to... I'll never forget all of our happy memories together. I die without regrets.
Lilith, don't go... We've come so far! The war is nearly won! Don't make me say good-bye...

Does this seem rush or cut-off compared to the Birthright one, or is it just me?

I...I always adored you, Corrine. You've meant so much to me. Keep me in your heart, and I'll always... I'll always be with you...

NOOO!! Why, gods? WHY?! Why does someone as pure as Lilith have to die, that I might live? How can I go on...knowing she's dead because...*sob* because of me... *sob*

Man, this dialogue....

GRRRAAAAWR!!

But, I..
GRRRAAAAARGH!!

So "We WILL meet again" is like five minutes, good to know

Xander!! You're alive!
Yes, thanks to Xander's incomparable skill, we somehow made it out alive. We're sorry to have kept you waiting.

Where is the rest of the army.

I'm so happy to see you both.
...But...Lilith... She...
What's happened? Why is she...
No! Please, no...

"It was quite embarrassing that I was going to lose Faceless twice in a minute."

I want only to end this war...to stop all of the death and destruction...and yet... How...how could this... *sob...sob...*
...Pull yourself together, Corrine. There is no time for tears.
Xander?

Listen, Corrine. I know this sounds harsh, but there's nothing you can do. Falling into misery and blaming yourself will not change anything. Lilith paid the ultimate price because she believes in you, as do we all. Do not tarnish the beauty of her sacrifice by letting it cloud your judgment.

We will not prevail. Do you really wish for her to have died in vain? Or for your sorrow to put those of us who remain in danger?
No, but... It hurts so much...

Why are we having this speech now?

The final showdown is still to come. This is just the beginning. There's a good chance that more of us will die in the battle that lie ahead. Elise, Leo, Camilla... If any of us die in the days ahead, you must keep fighting. You must stand tall, swallow your sorrow, and fight until the bitter end.

Seriously, shouldn't we had this real talk like...maybe after the Kitsune?

As she who wields the legendary Yato, that is your divine responsibility. So dry those tears, little princess. There's work to be done.
Xander...
Fight without fear or hesitation, and you will lead this world into the light.
Without fear or hesitation... But how, Xander? How do you do it?

By being really, really angry that Ryoma won in getting custody

No matter what happens, don't ever stop fighting. Isn't that what Lilith would want?
Lilith...
You're right, Xander. As always. Before she died, Lilith told me not to cry for her, to smile instead. I know it would upset her to see me like this. For her, I will carry on.

I'd sooner trust Garon to be nice before I believe that.

There's that smile Lilith was so keen to see. I'm proud of you, little sister.
Now, back to the task at hand. We cannot afford to stall here forever.
Right....
Lilith... We're going to lay you to rest now, but then we must keep pressing forward. I'll see you on the other side, my friend.

Are they seriously leaving her here

I'm sorry to leave you in this place, but the path to peace is finally within reach.

Oh my god, they are.

Just open the portal and leave here there. Guys, GUYS!

From here, we're a stone's throw away from the Hoshidan castle. It won't be long now.

I hope you know how much I loved you, and that I always will....Good-bye, Lilith.

*Meanwhile*

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO TEAMKILL

What an annoying way to go, protecting her master from her rightful torment. If it weren't for her intervention, I could have made Corrine suffer even more!

Wait so your plan wasn't to kill her...? Then....what...who....huh??

Ah well, at least that's one less shield for her to hide behind.

We are literally at the cusp of winning this war and NOW you ratchet up the internal discourse?

Soon you will find yourself lost in its infinite darkness for all eternity... Your time is nearly up, false
princess... Enjoy your last moments of joy...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Christ does Corrin lose a lot of face over that lovely scene

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I feel nauseous.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
*bangs head on a wall*

On a lighter note, I have an idea for all the writers out there: Without changing the characters and setting, how would you have re-written Birthright and all that we've seen of Conquest up to this point?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I can't stop laughing at how the game keeps falling on its face.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
If only Lilith had set herself on fire before jumping in, I think I would have really felt bad.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Tendronai posted:

If only Lilith had set herself on fire before jumping in, I think I would have really felt bad.

Or through a flaming hoop.

"Hey Corrine I'm insanely bored at My Castle because you're not doing any multiplayer stuff so I came up with this new trick I saw in a movie about a carnival once! Check it out! Yeah look at me fly through these burning hoops of OH MY GOODNESS GIANT FACELESS FIST blegh."

It's getting really annoying how rote these scenes are and that they've apparently wrote themselves into a bad corner considering that, y'know, Corrine can transform into a dragon.

Then we'd have different rote scenes but AT LEAST WE WOULD HAVE MORE DRAGONS.

Dragons are cool.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

that felt even more pointless then the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The last time I thought about Lilith was the last time she died.

• Locked thread