Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
S
T
O
P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

L
O
S
S

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

S
Y
R
I
A

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
lol gently caress that i'm all the way out

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

lol gently caress that i'm all the way out

You're 62 years old?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
just lmao if one day you decide to check your ERB and see your ets date is a year later lmao

that poo poo owns

:smith:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

You're 62 years old?

RE 4 bitch

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've got less than a year to my ETS date, I'd still have like 2 or 3 years left if I was ROTC or a west pointer

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
they can change that you know thats how stop loss works.

i literally found out i had been extended by checking my erb one day and wow

but apparently they made changes to that system but who knows

also i was obviously enlisted trash so things may be different but i seem to remember its way easier to gently caress an officer unless you resign you commission idk

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
OCS Officers have it easier since we only have 3.5 year contracts and get 100% GI Bill after 3 years. I think ROTC and West Point officers owe like 5 years or something to the Army and require a waiver to get out as a LT and they don't get the 100% GI Bill unless they paid for their education themselves.

2 of my buddies here are getting out and the one that's also an OCS dude has had no issues whatsoever but the ROTC one has had waivers he's needed to have signed and a couple scares where he thought he was going to be kept in for a couple more years.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

I've got less than a year to my ETS date, I'd still have like 2 or 3 years left if I was ROTC or a west pointer

Hahaha there's a good chance that we'll be in some of the same outprocessing poo poo together.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

OCS Officers have it easier since we only have 3.5 year contracts and get 100% GI Bill after 3 years. I think ROTC and West Point officers owe like 5 years or something to the Army and require a waiver to get out as a LT and they don't get the 100% GI Bill unless they paid for their education themselves.

2 of my buddies here are getting out and the one that's also an OCS dude has had no issues whatsoever but the ROTC one has had waivers he's needed to have signed and a couple scares where he thought he was going to be kept in for a couple more years.

Don't forget to write that letter bro. And get proof you sent it, and it was received.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Zeris posted:

S
T
O
P

Zeris posted:

L
O
S
S

Zeris posted:

S
Y
R
I
A

TBeats posted:

well first, you have to join the army.

:lolplant:

:jerky:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah, NK or WWIII don't care about that.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

DoktorLoken posted:

Yeah, NK or WWIII don't care about that.

well yeah thats about anything minus being a double amputee, RE codes wont mean poo poo thats just straight up conscription WWI style at that point'

edit: lmao not NK! the us isnt going to get old men on bicycles to fight a war against NK you're tripping

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
stop watching the red dawn remake so much

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Are there any North Korean soldiers with any actual combat experience?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm like 70 or 80 percent service connected now. There's no way I would be drafted back. My mouth and attitude towards that life in general would ensure I stayed in trouble.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
ROTC is three years if you didn't receive a scholarship and didn't sign an ADSO for branch or duty station. If you were on a scholarship and signed both ADSOs, you're on the hook for like ten years right off the bat.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Soulex posted:

I'm like 70 or 80 percent service connected now. There's no way I would be drafted back. My mouth and attitude towards that life in general would ensure I stayed in trouble.

Half of GiP had mouth and attitude problems when they were in within the last few years. You think the Trump Corps of Krieg is going to give a gently caress when it goes pear shaped?

Also, a disability rating that high just means you die in place behind a belt fed.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Is that VA disabled, or Army disabled? There's a difference.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Is that VA disabled, or Army disabled? There's a difference.

Army.

VA has me at 1% away from 90 which I will get next evaluation because I just got diagnosed with some bullshit.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Army.

VA has me at 1% away from 90 which I will get next evaluation because I just got diagnosed with some bullshit.

Good. Not that you're hurt, but that you're getting what you earned.

I run into so many dudes that are suffering and don't even know they can/should file for VA.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Good. Not that you're hurt, but that you're getting what you earned.

I run into so many dudes that are suffering and don't even know they can/should file for VA.

Yeah, I am still fighting for stuff the VA won't sign off on but I'm glad the Army agreed to put the stuff into my medboard that was missing originally and the recent bump from 50% to 70% for PTSD meant it went up for the Army too as they called recently and told me that they were doing that evaluation thingy to see if I was on PDRL or not.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Sometimes I wonder just how high my number would be if I stopped being a total idiot and pursued a med board.

But they offered me a promotion, so time to pretend I'm not hurt and keep on keeping on forever!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

Sometimes I wonder just how high my number would be if I stopped being a total idiot and pursued a med board.

But they offered me a promotion, so time to pretend I'm not hurt and keep on keeping on forever!

That's what I did. I'm probably twice the idiot any of you are.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nobles can't be idiots. It's in the rules.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Nobles can't be idiots. It's in the rules.

I got a waiver. :smuggo:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You know. You reminded me of a story of when I got in trouble. My old squad leader once was telling a story about how the first kill (buck) in his family, you have to eat the penis. I made it 5 minutes before blurting out "SSG Cock-breath" to my buddy and he said I have a good time to do that I am a very nice man I know I have been the same as my wife for a long long way back and I had a bad time she was like the first time she had a good thing but I did not understand how it works but I still think that I should be a good wife or mother to me know what the problem was that it is not the case for that matter what the article should have done to you because you have to be a part because it was one that thing you could do is to be a specific issue that you could do with a story that is a disabled vet or something like this and not a bad review of a man or something that is a good idea and a lot more to say that the way you are going on a child and is not being a disabled vet is not the only way he is the son and namesake he said the father and father are also a disabled vet who is also the first to help them out the most people who have children who have never seen them as well and they have a disabled vet who is also the father and stepmother

Ok halfway through that I just started jamming autocorrect and what the gently caress

It also resembles enlisted.post

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

:psyduck:

Thought I was having a stroke there

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

That was all one sentence

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It read like a CSM talking, just less mentions about grass height or uniform standards.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

:psyduck:

Thought I was having a stroke there

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Never forget what memorial day is about guys.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Kaliber posted:

Never forget what memorial day is about guys.

Civilian shaming?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Pour one out for all the buttholes.

moodyhank31
Aug 29, 2012
Any thoughts on contracting in Afghanistan? Intel and probably Bagram.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

moodyhank31 posted:

Any thoughts on contracting in Afghanistan? Intel and probably Bagram.

Depends on the company. I just had a buddy contract to do something similar and the company ended up making him do something different, and lovely, once he showed up in country.

moodyhank31
Aug 29, 2012
^It's a prime, if that means anything. I know it means a lot when it comes to $$$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Go find work that doesn't involve the government, that's my suggestion.