Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146887912?t=32m55s

Investing In Star Citizen 101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
The problem I have with this is that there are people that will never get their money back. People who say 15 or 30k is disposable income. When all this explodes, they will do one of two things: 1. Say they had no idea (They did while arguing against "FUD") or 2. Deny ever paying money into it.

I reckon a disturbing majority will go with 2.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Star Citizen 3.0 Online Release Date Calculator:

Also works for anything Derek predicts.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, poo poo. Titanfall 2 has a singe player campaign which is pretty drat good after a multiplayer only shooter that was pretty fantastic, and the sequel has an even better multiplayer. Not too hard to find a match either.

I just don't get why they didn't try to focus their scope on a gradual scale.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/867878956321656832
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/868009612884180992
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/867731394788720640

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 27, 2017

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
developer illness. Those dumb shits. What a weak excuse.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Jst0rm posted:

developer illness. Those dumb shits. What a weak excuse.
Keep it down, or Sandi will break your wrists too.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

I mean, poo poo. Titanfall 2 has a singe player campaign which is pretty drat good after a multiplayer only shooter that was pretty fantastic, and the sequel has an even better multiplayer. Not too hard to find a match either.

I did/do like Titanfall 2. But I hate that you have to pick a type of titan and can't really customize it too much.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The delta patcher was one of the few things Chris Roberts actually committed to being out in 2016. The other was Spectrum.

Neither made it.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

I'm going to make "Best of luck with your future posts" a thing. It's just like the "Bless your heart" of Internet dismissals.

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 27, 2017

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The delta patcher was one of the few things Chris Roberts actually committed to being out in 2016. The other was Spectrum.

Neither made it.

I feel what you are saying Beer but clearly this is FUD. Best of luck with your future posts.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

LOL June 30th at the earliest.

It can still be released in June, so stop spreading FUD little goonie.

Quavers posted:

I love the random excuses:

Map works honest but we've turned it off. Pinky swear!

This one has the stink of Chris all over it. Team is working on version 100 of the map UI, and it really needs to go into the game because there will soon be more than one place to visit. It is ready to be sent to QA, so they present it to Chris. Chris sticks his fingers all over it and asks to make a few 'small tweaks', and then suddenly you have over a month of extra work.

phosdex posted:

whats up with volumetric fog, I thought cryengine starengine lumberyard already supported it.

It takes two days to add the Lumberyard EULA, but months to add any new feature.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:yikes::mrwhite:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:lol: this is hilarious, messi doing insane busy work because of seeds we planted

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

:lol: this is hilarious, messi doing insane busy work because of seeds we planted

Yes that sort of thing seems completely sane and normal.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Saw
Aug 19, 2005

I am loosing my patience after seeing your big size boobs and having a wish to suck them for atleast one hour then t

ComfyPants posted:

If my boss gave me two weeks to complete a project, and I was badly ill for the first week, I would be at home delegating whatever poo poo I could and when I got back, my boss would be like, "Okay, you still have one more week to do it and I expect it to be done." It's a good thing that software development is routinely a low-pressure affair with highly flexible deadlines.

I know you meant it as a joke, but don't forget that the true believers / shitizens absolutely believe that "flexible deadlines" are actually good. They 100% believe that Crobbers will only release something that meets his exacting standards, and not a moment before.

I am in awe at just how lucky that fucker is. I wish I had a cult that interpreted whatever I did as "genius" or "mold breaking" and paid me to infinitely delay any sort of satisfaction they could ever achieve.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Do you think it'll still count if I make the thread? They all claim to like me over there, I mean except for the exceptionally mentally ill ones like obey-the-fist and White Knight.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

Do you think it'll still count if I make the thread? They all claim to like me over there, I mean except for the exceptionally mentally ill ones like obey-the-fist and White Knight.

Maybe you should archive after Nawledgelambo. I wonder if they'll then start a third thread?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

CIG should have never allowed themselves to put up a schedule like this. Best case scenario it shows how ridiculously incompetent they are, like pushing something back an entire month because of a "stretch goal". Worst case scenario (for them) it exposes the whole thing for the hilarious scam that it is.

How can you say no to a super-hawt Norwegian girl?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

trucutru posted:

How can you say no to a super-hawt Norwegian girl?

Plz don't doxx me

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Foo Diddley posted:

Plz don't doxx me

I won't, but Derek already did.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Baxta posted:

The problem I have with this is that there are people that will never get their money back. People who say 15 or 30k is disposable income. When all this explodes, they will do one of two things: 1. Say they had no idea (They did while arguing against "FUD") or 2. Deny ever paying money into it.

I reckon a disturbing majority will go with 2.

you forgot 3, not bother trying to get their money back because they just make so much money, don't you know how much money they make disposable income so rich haha look at me burn money without caring you plebs.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pilz posted:

you forgot 3, not bother trying to get their money back because they just make so much money, don't you know how much money they make disposable income so rich haha look at me burn money without caring you plebs.

And 4) just never mention it again like Ouya backers

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

And 4) just never mention it again like Ouya backers

You...you don't think a few of them will go nutso archivist like :lesnick: , do you? Throw all their income into purchasing all sorts of random poo poo, digging through CIG's dumpsters for bits of the script, purchase the empty bottle of water that was on Chris's desk during 10ftC #4 for a large amount of their local currency?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SelenicMartian posted:

And I guess :pgabz: has made them design a system where you flip a switch and your balls turn black or yellow

:orb:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pilz posted:

You...you don't think a few of them will go nutso archivist like :lesnick: , do you? Throw all their income into purchasing all sorts of random poo poo, digging through CIG's dumpsters for bits of the script, purchase the empty bottle of water that was on Chris's desk during 10ftC #4 for a large amount of their local currency?

Ben has already absorbed those people and taken their power

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Pilz posted:

No, that would be ridiculous. Who would ever do that?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Ben has already absorbed those people and taken their power

So that's why he is so downgraded.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I can't be the only one who finds it amusing this the current Ghostbusters movie has been rebranded as "Answer The Call".

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why the CIG design aircraft's weapon like as if the Stick just came out.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6dfsjw/why_the_cig_design_aircrafts_weapon_like_as_if/

quote:

>Scratches head

I comb you're hair. i'm sorry if this article is kinda messy. English is not my mother tongue.

e: Also, happy birthday Mr Croberts!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 27, 2017

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

TheAgent posted:

sq42 doesn't even exist, there's no AI and even all the mocap data isn't close to being finalized

you're 2 to 3 years out for a 10 hour single player game that will probably require a team of 500 to 700 to finish

all the while building an mmo

lol

i will wait for perfection

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6dfsjw/why_the_cig_design_aircrafts_weapon_like_as_if/

I'm imagining a really shakey and sweaty south korean dude typing this and his eyes getting wider the more he types and yeah someone's gonna die if this game doesn't get released pronto. Someone alert uh... does anyone respond anymore if it's not about refunds?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Today I discovered that I share a birthday with Chris Roberts. I don't know why, but this is upsetting.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Someone needs to explain goons to this guy. Like he's all serious posting about his "archival" efforts and how he's made us mad. You can't win a fight when the other party doesn't truly give a gently caress.

Find an arsonist who has just lit a fire. Tell him that you've seen brighter flames before or that you think the amount of smoke he's generating is sub par. He'll just smile, nod, and sit there while he finishes watching your house burn down.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I can't be the only one who finds it amusing this the current Ghostbusters movie has been rebranded as "Answer The Call".

How is this new ghostbusters still even a thing? Like is it bait to make you say you liked the old one better then get called a sexist pig?

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

trucutru posted:

I loving love this guy, do we have any more of his posts?

EDIT: :unsmith:

Enchanted Hat fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 27, 2017