Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm pretty sure he was banned from league and then the league thread for being too toxic to other people in bronze.

Please stop making things up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
You first

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Raylen posted:

why did you let that robber rob you? where was your gun???????

I did not let the bandit steal from me, but once I had been stolen from, I pardoned the crime. I had no guns, only a dagger.

Sloober posted:

Whats ir like being murdered by $hillary. I mean Killary

I was not murdered, unless you call being made to suffer a betrayal so great that one runs a dagger through oneself murder.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Darth Windu posted:

:frogout:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Darth Windu posted:

Lmao

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Darth Windu posted:

Where's the dog

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Where's the dog

What's updog

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I don't know, can you tell me what updog is?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Not much. What's up with you

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Raylen posted:

lol Kim Dotcom claimed to have proof that Seth Rich was the Wikileaks source. All the dumb conspiracy nuts like Hannity latched onto him. But then he was found to be trying to hack into Seth Rich's gmail account to plant false evidence. Seth's dad has control of his gmail and witnessed multiple emails being sent by MEGA as phishing attempts. There's so many easy and non-idiotic ways to debunk this dumb conspiracy.

But maybe that's what they wanted after all?! They want us talking about this to sow the seed of doubt durr hurr we're all stupid

Actually pretty amazing Seth Rich's dad was aware enough not to fall for that poo poo and report it.

A lot of people would've fallen for that.

Edit: Is email really that easy(as in clicking a bugged email) to hack? Someone can send you an email that if clicked can unlock your account? Or was he doing poo poo like "Hey this is IT, please send me your username and password for routine maintenance".

Raccooon fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 27, 2017

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I don't know, can you tell me what updog is?

I think it's a kind of gravy.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Rodatose posted:

i'm seth rich

ama

Thank you for coming out and putting this dumb Russian-Trump conspiracy to rest.

Also who really killed OJs wife?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Deadulus posted:

Edit: Is email really that easy(as in clicking a bugged email) to hack? Someone can send you an email that if clicked can unlock your account? Or was he doing poo poo like "Hey this is IT, please send me your username and password for routine maintenance".

You gotta click the link inside the email or download an attachment or just send them your username and password.
That's how they got Podesta, though from what I've read it wasn't his fault, the tech support guy whom he asked to verify the validity of the email said it was OK (:wtc:).

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Did I miss Ze Big News? Or did everyone just get distracted by a troll and Zbigniew Brzezinski's death went by without mention in this thread? He helped to put the world where it is now, it seems like a good guy to mention the passing of.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Charliegrs posted:

Thank you for coming out and putting this dumb Russian-Trump conspiracy to rest.

Also who really killed OJs wife?

I do not know anyone named OJ. As for my wife, after I pardoned the bandit and allowed them to have off with my wife, I did not concern myself for whether they lived or died.

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

Deadulus posted:

You would have to click through to a fake (but realistic looking) website and provide your auth credentials. The problem is if you're not paying extremely close attention it's not that obvious that you're on a malicious site and not the real one. For example, the Google Docs phishing attack that spread like wildfire a few weeks ago: https://www.vox.com/new-money/2017/5/3/15534984/google-docs-phishing-hack

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/politics/james-comey-fbi-investigation-fake-russian-intelligence/index.html

quote:

Then-FBI Director James Comey knew that a critical piece of information relating to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email was fake -- created by Russian intelligence -- but he feared that if it became public it would undermine the probe and the Justice Department itself, according to multiple officials with knowledge of the process.

As a result, Comey acted unilaterally last summer to publicly declare the investigation over -- without consulting then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch -- while at the same time stating that Clinton had been "extremely careless" in her handling of classified information. His press conference caused a firestorm of controversy and drew criticism from both Democrats and Republicans.

:cripes: gently caress bad timeline, we are living in the dumbest timeline.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

E: ^Comey is a loving idiot and I kinda hate that he will be turned into a patron saint for setting all this in motion

Apoplexy posted:

Did I miss Ze Big News? Or did everyone just get distracted by a troll and Zbigniew Brzezinski's death went by without mention in this thread? He helped to put the world where it is now, it seems like a good guy to mention the passing of.

When he was filling paperwork for his security clearance, Jkush didn't document him meeting with Russian officials to seek a private communication line between him and Moscow that the NSA, FBI, and CIA couldn't monitor.

WH official response was along the lines of "well if he asked for it that means he didn't have it therefore we're clean stop investigating please god stop"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

yup

Barbe Rouge posted:

You gotta click the link inside the email or download an attachment or just send them your username and password.
That's how they got Podesta, though from what I've read it wasn't his fault, the tech support guy whom he asked to verify the validity of the email said it was OK (:wtc:).

The ITsec guy typoed and meant it was fake not real.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I keep TRYING to make sense of Comey's decisions and it's like trying to make believe Trump isn't guilty as gently caress of outright treason as a Trumpkin. Each individual piece makes me think, sure, there might be a way of reasoning out of Comey being either dumb or a right-wing partisan with this one story, but then comes another, and another, and another.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Darth Windu posted:

I said before I doubt you could get away with killing high profile people like that

I don't think Hillary did it but someone definitely killed Seth rich....the question is who and why?

Some guy
For his stuff

Mystery solved, moron

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Apoplexy posted:

I keep TRYING to make sense of Comey's decisions and it's like trying to make believe Trump isn't guilty as gently caress of outright treason as a Trumpkin. Each individual piece makes me think, sure, there might be a way of reasoning out of Comey being either dumb or a right-wing partisan with this one story, but then comes another, and another, and another.

Comey is a Republican. Trump is a Republican. Republicans help Republicans because party before country motherfucker

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Spaced God posted:

When he was filling paperwork for his security clearance, Jkush didn't document him meeting with Russian officials to seek a private communication line between him and Moscow that the NSA, FBI, and CIA couldn't monitor.

WH official response was along the lines of "well if he asked for it that means he didn't have it therefore we're clean stop investigating please god stop"

Oh, I know, but I'm so hardened by the Trump story already. I bought in early, so, to me, each time the NYT and WaPo come out with something else that'd be earth-shattering, I just can't help but wonder why Trump hasn't already been black-bagged, rendered to a CIA blacksite, and isn't being waterboarded for fun by the CIA.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Spaced God posted:

Comey is a Republican. Trump is a Republican. Republicans help Republicans because party before country motherfucker

BBUT HE RENOUNCED HIS REPUBLICAN PARTY AFFILIATION AND IS INDEPENDENT AS OF JULY OF 2016

THAT CAN'T HAVE BEEN A STRATEGIC MOVE TO INCREASE HIS CREDIBILITY AMONG THOSE WHO WOULD DISMISS HIM WHEN HE PLAYED RIGHT INTO THE GOP'S HANDS, COULD IT?!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Apoplexy posted:

Oh, I know, but I'm so hardened by the Trump story already. I bought in early, so, to me, each time the NYT and WaPo come out with something else that'd be earth-shattering, I just can't help but wonder why Trump isn't already being waterboarded for fun by the CIA.

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with the idea that anything will actually happen to Trump and the shitheel Nazis (which also happens to be my black flag coverband) at this rate. I'm starting to think that in the minimum worst timeline scenario, Flynn gets turbofucked (for a white, rich, "upstanding veteran" that means like 10 years in a nice hotel prison for some minor non-espionage charge), JKush gets immunity to testify against him, and the GOP will immediately pull the emergency brake and say "well that Russia thing is taken care of back to work," ignore anything else Mueller has to offer, and immediately shift the narrative to be about how those two guys had the guile to usurp the president and undermine freedom. Slightly more optimistic, the above happens but Trump gets wrapped into it, but the investigation and hemming and hawing over impeachment that he stays until late 2019 or mid 2020.

I 100,000% hope I'm wrong and it ends up with pretty much every Republican in a jail cell because it seems everyone has taken Russian money, but I don't trust the integrity of the system right now

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
https://twitter.com/InfoSecAdrian/status/868343939136401408

Does this have any chance at all of falling under the Logan Act? I'm thinking no.

Either way, I'm betting Kushner gets fired because of this, if the WaPo story turns out to be accurate. There's no way the GOP can back this up. The best reasoning, or excuse I can think of (like that White House official so eloquently put it) is: "See? He was trying to get secret comms after all of the collusion supposedly happened. Therefore no collusion happened."

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 27, 2017

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

pepito sanchez posted:

Does this have any chance at all of falling under the Logan Act? I'm thinking no.

Either way, I'm betting Kushner gets fired because of this, if the WaPo story turns out to be accurate. There's no way the GOP can back this up. The best reasoning, or excuse I can think of (like that White House official so eloquently put it) is: "See? He was trying to get secret comms after all of the collusion supposedly happened. Therefore no collusion happened."

This is the administration that said it was too hard to comply with the emoluments clause of the Constitution - this is hardly a blip on the radar.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

pepito sanchez posted:

Didn't Trump also in some way violate the Logan act by asking Russia to hack clinton on live TV? Big load of matter from that

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I mean he probably still needed to act unilaterally after the Bill Clinton on the plane with Loretta Lynch incident. Lynch hosed up real bad by letting him on to the plane. But, the scolding to Hillary was unecessary.

I have read in the past that the KGB was basically the pro league to the CIAs college league. This is still the case isn't it lol.

Raccooon fucked around with this message at 09:53 on May 27, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

pepito sanchez posted:

Has anyone ever been prosecuted for violating the Logan Act?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

Has anyone ever been prosecuted for violating the Logan Act?

quote:

The only actual indictment under the Logan Act was one that occurred in 1803 when a grand jury indicted Francis Flournoy, a Kentucky farmer, who had written an article in the Frankfort Guardian of Freedom under the pen name of "A Western American." In the article, Flournoy advocated a separate nation in the western part of the United States that would ally with France. The United States Attorney for Kentucky, an Adams appointee and brother-in-law of Chief Justice John Marshall, went no further than procuring the indictment of Flournoy, and there was no further prosecution of the Kentucky farmer.

No.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Onion's A.V. Club (a.k.a. the non-satire side of the Onion) has discovered that Breitbart's readership is in collapse

quote:

Here’s a quick dose of light, refreshing Friday schadenfreude for you as we head into the Memorial Day weekend: Raw Story has a post today about the effects Donald Trump’s presidency has had on his champions and supporters at Breitbart, and the numbers aren’t looking good. Pulling data from web site ranking company Alexa, it looks like the conservative blog has been losing readers in droves since Trump’s inauguration, despite former editor Steve Bannon’s high-ranking position in the White House hierarchy.

Quoting Vanity Fair‘s Tina Nguyen, the piece notes that Breitbart has dropped from the 29th-highest ranked site on the internet, back in February, to 281st today. The piece puts forward a couple of different rationales for the conservative mouthpiece’s sudden decline—which mimics, but on a far more dramatic scale, similar losses at a number of right-leaning media outfits, including Fox News—but they mostly boil down to “This is the rear end in a top hat you’re choosing to defend?”

More specifically, Trump and his controversial actions have now become part of the mainstream, putting Breitbart—a site more accustomed to going on the attack, to say the least—in the unfamiliar role of sticking up for the status quo. Quoting an anonymous former staffer of the site, Raw Story writes, “When you tie yourself to a candidate you shouldn’t be surprised. If the candidate has trouble, you’re going to have trouble. And if your goal is to provide cover for that candidate and the news is about that candidate, it’s going to be difficult to cover the news in a way that’s interesting.” As far as silver linings go, obviously, this one surrounds a cloud of toxic gas, spewed out by factories unshackled from basic environmental regulations by a president who thinks climate change is fake news junk science. But, hey, we’ll take what we can get.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Young Freud posted:

The Onion's A.V. Club (a.k.a. the non-satire side of the Onion) has discovered that Breitbart's readership is in collapse

This is weird as poo poo.

Where are their normal readers going? Are they actually going to MSM to read about trump because Breitbart et al won't cover it? Or are they just skipping the news? I know a lot of RWM types and they loving hate anything going outside their bubble.

Raccooon fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 27, 2017

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

The alternative was watching his daughter marry a man he once told "You know, you have such a stunningly superficial knowledge of what went on that it’s almost embarrassing to listen to you." Death is a mercy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mk18af8z9Y

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Young Freud posted:

Huh, I somehow never knew that Avclub was an onion subsidiary. I feel like slightly more of a dumbass than usual

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Deadulus posted:

This is weird as poo poo.

Where are their normal readers going? Are they actually going to MSM to read about trump because Breitbart et al won't cover it? Or are they just skipping the news? I know a lot of RWM types and they loving hate anything going outside their bubble.

Most of them are probably on CNN and MSNBC. Right wing media is now the journalistic equivalent of Hitler's bunker. Everyone knows the alphabet agencies have something big on the Trump administration, they just can't say/don't know exactly what it is. Brennan basically confirmed it so many words. Beyond that the realization has crept in to even the most loyalist camps that Trump as president is a total disaster even without this Russia thing in the way. Only Trump honestly thinks he will survive.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
There's a good chance that it's also because Breitbart used to be the site for anti-government crazies. Now that they're pro-government, some of the readership is bound to stop tuning in. It was just that, for eight years, being anti-government and Republican were completely linked, and now Fascists and Anarchists are having trouble finding common ground.

At the end of the day, it's two guys with torches arguing over whether the government should kill Muslims or should instead disappear so that they can kill Muslims themselves.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Holy poo poo America has a lot of nihilists

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Darth Windu posted:

Can someone honestly explain why the Seth rich thing isn't super worrisome, thanks in advances.

Kim Dotcom promised evidence then couldn't produce any, every initial source claiming to have information on Seth Rich has since recanted. I'm about as concerned about Seth Rich's murder being more than a mugging as I am about Apollo 11 not having actually visited the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Pretty sure Kim of the Dotcoms did it to get publicity for his album that no one will listen to

Or even more ridiculously, to get his copyright infringement charges lifted.

• Locked thread