Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

My back is peeling from squatting :barf:

My bar has knurling in the middle and I am proud of my back calluses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or go to Home Depot and get some foam pipe insulation

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I'm not a lady I'm a man! A disgusting man!

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!

Data Graham posted:

If you do that, don't forget to get some rope to hang yourself with.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Yeah I need the heavier dumbbells mainly for the bench presses and you kind of have to just dump them when you are doing decline bench. Would powerblocks just shatter if I do that?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

Imagine walking into the gym with a diy tampon under your arm.

Good lord.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol if u dont use industrial grade corrugated pipe as a roller

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I use a roll of barbed wire because I'm hardcore and it matches my tattoos

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

this was a problem for some of the guys at my gym and they taped over the center part of the bar with athletic tape I believe

do not get foam insulation that is just lame as hell

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

UnfurledSails posted:

Yeah I need the heavier dumbbells mainly for the bench presses and you kind of have to just dump them when you are doing decline bench. Would powerblocks just shatter if I do that?

From what I've read of others who own them, don't drop them regularly or they'll get messed up eventually.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fat grips help build forearms, so fat bar helps build shoulders. Why else would people even do it?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

UnfurledSails posted:

Just don't do decline bench? It seems like a pointless exercise anyway. Pointless in the sense that it doesn't really give you anything over flat or incline.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 26, 2017

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I just use the cable machine if i wanna do decline presses or whatever

which is almost never

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Yeah I know I don't do declines much anyway but I'd still like to know that I won't destroy a dumbbell that's worth $250 by letting go of it from knee height.

I was so loving afraid of becoming a fatass when I decided to bulk at 20 percent body fat but man I feel great now that I'm almost done. I know the ideal is to go down first and then bulk but I was just spinning my wheels for a long time and the change was good psychologically. Wish I'd done it sooner. Now that I actually have some muscle to work with I may finally cut down to something reasonable without shriveling into a skeleton. Then do it all over again.

Summer 2018 here I come lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
IMA BEEFY BOY

TheTremendous
Jan 4, 2013

UnfurledSails posted:

Yeah I know I don't do declines much anyway but I'd still like to know that I won't destroy a dumbbell that's worth $250 by letting go of it from knee height.

I have the Iron Master adjustable dumbbells. I love them. They're sturdy as hell and come with a lifetime warranty, but they're more expensive.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I helped two friends pull 50+lb prs tonight, which was cool. But I think I'm going to regret drunk rack pulling 655

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Anyone else have pain in their thumb joints when benching? Any sweet tricks to avoid it? It's a recent thing and not due to any injury that I know of anyway.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
What u know bout that shakeee bout that shakeee bout that shaakkeee?!?!?!
"You're a single mom! No seriously..How can YOU of all people even AFFORD that SuperFood Shake?!" - Said Everyone All The Time To Me 🙄
Would ya believe me if I told you I'm spending 👉🌟LESS MONEY🌟👈 because of this shake? 😱😱😱 You're calling BULLCRAP on me aren't you? 😂
Check it out ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️🤔🤔🤔
I was spending MONTHLY 3X:
Gaviscon for heartburn: $8
Tums for heartburn: $5
Ice Breaker Mints for nausea: $2
I was spending EVERY MONTH:
VITAMINS
✨Zinc to prevent sickness: $7
✨Mega Multivitamin: $12
✨Apple Cider Vinegar for digestion+
migraines: $6
✨Cranberry to fight infections = $9
✨Magnesium = $7
Total: $86 for a few good vitamins and to live easier!!!!!!!
PLUS Coffee 5x per week x 4 weeks = $100
PLUS Lunch out 3x per week x 4 weeks = $63
🎊🎊TOTAL spent per month?🎊🎊
👉👉$249 FREAKIN DOLLERRRRRS!!!👈
So...guess how I AFFORD it?! 🤔🤔🤔
I've got ALL the vitamins above and like 65 more. 🎉🎉🎉💪💪💪
Baby was like Yummy Shakkeee!! She had to get herself some of daattt!! And she downed it before I could take a pic of her drinking ittt!! 😂😂😂
HELPS ME LIVE EASIER. Helps me live GOOD. HELPS me with my nausea, my acid reflux, my heartburn.
Gives me ALL nutrients, vegan option for me(which is a relief), gives TONS energy with NO crash later, my immune system is stronger💪 and digestion is amazing!!
✂️I CUT OUT all tha craaappp. Cut out coffee and extra lunch stuff!✂️ I have MORE energy and I stay full longer!! 🎉🎉🎉 and yea..i freaking eat MORE for CHEAPER. 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃
Freaking orgasmic deliciouuuss. Dessert for dinner, lunch even breakfast?!?! Uhmmmmmm frick yea!!!🍨🍨🍨
Not only Glad I get alldaaa nutrients we need everyday but that my baby does as well!!! You parents know how hard that is to achieve!! 😍😍😍👌👌👌
I have My Life.🎈
I have My Priorities. 👊🏼
My health. 💪🏻
My baby's health. 🌟
My happiness. 😀

I'm convinced, guys

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

doverhog posted:

Anyone else have pain in their thumb joints when benching? Any sweet tricks to avoid it? It's a recent thing and not due to any injury that I know of anyway.

Suicide grip.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

"You're a single mom! No seriously..How can YOU of all people even AFFORD that SuperFood Shake?!" - Said Everyone All The Time To Me 🙄
Would ya believe me if I told you I'm spending 👉🌟LESS MONEY🌟👈 because of this shake? 😱😱😱 You're calling BULLCRAP on me aren't you? 😂
VITAMINS
✨Magnesium = $7
Baby was like Yummy Shakkeee!! She had to get herself some of daattt!! And she downed it before I could take a pic of her drinking ittt!! 😂😂😂
HELPS ME LIVE EASIER. Helps me live GOOD. HELPS me with my nausea, my acid reflux, my heartburn.
Gives me ALL nutrients, vegan option for me(which is a relief), gives TONS energy with NO crash later, my immune system is stronger💪 and digestion is amazing!!
✂️I CUT OUT all tha craaappp. Cut out coffee and extra lunch stuff!✂️ I have MORE energy and I stay full longer!! 🎉🎉🎉 and yea..i freaking eat MORE for CHEAPER. 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃
Freaking orgasmic deliciouuuss. Dessert for dinner, lunch even breakfast?!?! Uhmmmmmm frick yea!!!🍨🍨🍨
Not only Glad I get alldaaa nutrients we need everyday but that my baby does as well!!! You parents know how hard that is to achieve!! 😍😍😍👌👌👌
I have My Life.🎈
I have My Priorities. 👊🏼
My health. 💪🏻
My baby's health. 🌟
My happiness. 😀

I'm convinced, guys

TripleD I'm afraid that your constant shoulder and knee problems have resulted in multiple blood clots causing the mother of all strokes. :ohdear:

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
tried doing shrugs with a barbell today, don't know why I stuck with dumbbell shrugs for so long, it's like getting a tiny hand job each rep

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

VITAMINS
✨Magnesium = $7
I have My Life.🎈
I have My Priorities. 👊🏼
My health. 💪🏻
My baby's health. 🌟
My happiness. 😀

I'm convinced, guys

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

VITAMINS
✨Magnesium = $7
I have My Life.🎈
I have My Priorities. 👊🏼
My health. 💪🏻
My baby's health. 🌟
My happiness. 😀

I'm convinced, guys

These viral mark ting campaigns are getting weirder and weirder.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I made a mistake. I ate fried chicken, salami, and crackers before i left for the gym.

My heart feels funny. I guess it's gonna explode in a little bit when i start lifting.

:v:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
https://mobile.twitter.com/steelers/status/868086592702775296/video/1

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

His groin is more powerful than me :catstare:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ok i just noticed this today

Im the only idiot taking my towel to the gym and putting it on top of machine seats in order to avoid the previous persons dirty sweat germs

What the gently caress? When did this happen? My older gyms wouldn't let you inside without a towel

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
We wiped out polio, grandpa.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You ain't giving ME your HPV bitch

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
sweat fetish imo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Whoever reminded me that 5x10s are a thing, i would flip you off if i could move my arms.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Ok i just noticed this today

Im the only idiot taking my towel to the gym and putting it on top of machine seats in order to avoid the previous persons dirty sweat germs

What the gently caress? When did this happen? My older gyms wouldn't let you inside without a towel

That was a rule in my uni gym and I kept bringing one to my new gym for years.

Never laid it down in a bench to protect myself, though.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

sassassin posted:

That was a rule in my uni gym and I kept bringing one to my new gym for years.

Never laid it down in a bench to protect myself, though.

Well you are supposed to wipe off your filthy sweat with your towel so just put it up before and save a lil time and just sweat directly on your towel

This was normal a few years ago I thought

my current gym has signs about bringing your towel but nobody gives a gently caress

I just noticed it recently and maybe it's the Instagram thing, I've never seen anyone use a towel there

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
All the gyms I've gone to have clean rags and spray stuff at easily accessible points, just clean your sweaty poo poo off.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Finally made progress on my strict overhead press 195 for 1 to 200 for 2. I did have those tasty Chinese sausages for dinner last night so I will attribute my new strength to that :D

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hmmmm, chinese version of salami

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I hate leg days. What is wrong with me.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

bamhand posted:

I hate leg days. What is wrong with me.

Nothing, leg day is inferior to any other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I used to always bring a towel to my old gym. The etiquette there was strong

In my new trash gym though, no one gives a poo poo. So tbh, there's no point in giving a poo poo yourself. You wipe the bench off only for some sweaty gross dude to directly splash all over it again immediately? At least they got spray bottles so you can wipe off other peoples grotesque sweats when there's just too much