Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Floodkiller posted:

Just checked my rcfile to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end, and it looks fine to me:
code:
# TEAMNAME Deep_Elf_State
# TEAMMEMBERS jerkstore Wolfechu Shard1697 wormsofcant uglyjohn
Is your line at the very top of your rcfile, and do you have any junk in your rcfile on a superseding server? (CAO, CBRO, CDO, CJR, CPO, CUE, CWZ, CXC, LLD is the order) If not, my last guess is just that it hasn't updated yet for some reason.

Ugly John, are you having the same issue?

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with it - don't play on any other active server, and the rcfile's set. Figured it was just because of the cbro issues yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Ugly John posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with it - don't play on any other active server, and the rcfile's set. Figured it was just because of the cbro issues yesterday.

Sent you a PM.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Prism posted:

I admit I haven't played a whole lot in a while but I seem to be getting skills faster than I remember, did that get tweaked at all? 16 M&F, 18 Invocations, 17 Shields, 13 Evocations, 10 Fighting, a few others below that, and I haven't been to Depths yet. (Well I have been, but only one step in to look around and see St. Roka at the entrance.) Two runes now, Swamp and Snake, but I didn't do elf and I didn't do vaults. It just seems pretty fast, even for a minotaur, so I'm wondering if I missed some tweaks.

Well, not recently. But if you haven't played in a long enough time you may have overlooked most of the branches being shortened. Check out the relative skill costs on the skill training screen... Level 16-18 is pretty trivial for a Minotaur. On the other hand, if you were normally training for an executioner's axe (26), most characters would reach a -relative- cost of 30 rapidly climbing above forty times.

If the wiki is accurate, and we're not training any other skills ever a rough approximation: level 18 on a +0 apt requires 10,800 skill points while level 1 requires 50. Level 26 would require 27,000. If I remember correctly, Minotaurs get +3 skill apt, which equals 68% more skill exp being applied, and should be reflected in the skill screen.

In short: the apts are that absurd- and you've forsworn the true path of the giant fuckoff axe and tripple crossbow. Try that with a demonspawn transmuter and hate yourself. Or god forbid, a mummy mage.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
Any casual teams still have an open slot? I can usually get a 3-rune win during a tournament and a dozen or so splats. Crawl name chukamok.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Should my GaFi^Ru be wearing this +10 Chain Mail {MP+9} or a +2 Plate {MR+}? I'm AC/EV 46/7 with the Chain but 42/7 with the Plate, but I feel like the MR+ is better than the extra AC once I start rune diving? I've given up ever casting spells, really.

Edit: Found a randart ammy with MR+++ so the Plate might not be as useful now? Is the GDR increase in Plate over Chain worth losing the extra 4 AC? I don't know how that math works.

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 27, 2017

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Fhqwhgads posted:

Should my GaFi^Ru be wearing this +10 Chain Mail {MP+9} or a +2 Plate {MR+}? I'm AC/EV 46/7 with the Chain but 42/7 with the Plate, but I feel like the MR+ is better than the extra AC once I start rune diving? I've given up ever casting spells, really.

Edit: Found a randart ammy with MR+++ so the Plate might not be as useful now? Is the GDR increase in Plate over Chain worth losing the extra 4 AC? I don't know how that math works.

Someone else can probably do the math, but I'd go with MR+ over the few extra AC. Depends how much MR you have otherwise, I was finding it hairy after two runes with just two pips last night. EDIT: Totally didn't see the Amulet somehow. I would probably still go with the plate as well, just because +9 MP probably isn't doing a lot for you if you're not casting.

Thalamas
Dec 5, 2003

Sup?

chukamok posted:

Any casual teams still have an open slot? I can usually get a 3-rune win during a tournament and a dozen or so splats. Crawl name chukamok.

Join our merry band of mutants.

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric
3. fooot
4. chukamok
5. fugaros
6. Kautzman

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas
edit: Team is still only showing wulfric and I.

Link

Thalamas fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 28, 2017

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Wolfechu posted:

Someone else can probably do the math, but I'd go with MR+ over the few extra AC. Depends how much MR you have otherwise, I was finding it hairy after two runes with just two pips last night. EDIT: Totally didn't see the Amulet somehow. I would probably still go with the plate as well, just because +9 MP probably isn't doing a lot for you if you're not casting.
Unless you wear an amulet of spirit shield! (Definitely one of the best amulets so that's not unreasonable)

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

Unless you wear an amulet of spirit shield! (Definitely one of the best amulets so that's not unreasonable)

I always forget they're even a thing. I wore one on my win last night, mostly because I'd found nothing else except gourmet. Are they that good? I seem to always prioritize regen over spirit shield...

That was a game of useless equipment, though. Vanilla gloves and boots, and multiple redundant rElec on a gargoyle. I switched to GDA just to get some resists in the endgame. I suppose the RNG was punishing me for finding Eos on the floor there, which was far better than anything Trog gifted the entire game.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
hahahahahah what

code:
the +2 ratskin cloak (worn) {+Rats rPois rN+ Str-1 Int-1 Dex+1}.
Thank god, I thought I was going to have to run Shoals without +Rats....

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

the Orb of Zot posted:

He can actually spawn in Crypt rarely as well, which if that happens makes him pretty much the absolute scariest thing you can see in a 3-rune game (especially given the pack he spawns with).

Still easier to find than Murray or Tiamat!

Yeah Khufu gave me a scare once in Crypt 3, that relatively wide open cemetary layout with the dead plants. He got unbottled and then super mummies everywhere, I had to leave and come back several times. Only time I saw him use his wall building spell.

I've only seen Murray in Sprint, though I find Tiamat fairly common.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Wolfechu posted:

I always forget they're even a thing. I wore one on my win last night, mostly because I'd found nothing else except gourmet. Are they that good? I seem to always prioritize regen over spirit shield...
Yes. I would consider Spirit Shield better than Regeneration in nearly all circumstances. It's like having at least robust 1(or better), and then also it effectively provides boosted HP regeneration as well because your MP is now HP, which means you have HP regeneration ticking twice because both bars regenerate(and also MP regeneration is naturally faster than HP regeneration). I think I remember seeing someone crunch the numbers on this and conclude that because of this, spirit shield lets you effectively regenerate faster than regen amulet :newlol:

Spirit Shield would probably be more balanced if you didn't regenerate MP if you were missing HP. As it is I wear it basically every run unless I find an artifact amulet with stellar attributes, or once in a blue moon a faith amulet on the right god.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Thalamas posted:

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric
3. fooot
4. chukamok
5. fugaros

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas

I would take that last spot if that'd be cool -- player name: Kautzman

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010

Thalamas posted:

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric
3. fooot
4. chukamok
5. fugaros
6. Kautzman

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas

Link

Done! Thanks.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

First win of the tourney, and on only my fourth attempt (and first VSBe). Pretty excited about this, since I usually play far too loosely to win even on characters that should easily be able to.

code:
3050497 buddhastalin the Slayer (level 27, 177/185 HPs)
             Began as a Vine Stalker Berserker on May 27, 2017.
             Was the Champion of Trog.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 5 runes on May 28, 2017!

The game lasted 06:57:11 (75170 turns).

buddhastalin the Slayer (Vine Stalker Berserker)   Turns: 75170, Time: 06:57:11

Health: 177/185    AC: 28    Str: 23    XL:     27
Magic:  27/31      EV: 32    Int: 13    God:    Trog [******]
Gold:   3190       SH: 26    Dex: 29    Spells: 26/26 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis +   a - +9 quick blade (freeze)
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   Y - +5 shield {AC+3}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   W - +3 fire dragon scales of Wustriarr {rF++ rC- rN+}
rPois    +         Spirit   +   b - +2 helmet "Xiusitia" {-Cast rPois rC+}
rElec    .         Reflect  +   s - scarf {rC+ rF+}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   m - +2 pair of gloves "Ewniph" {rC++ MR- Regen+ rCorr}
MR       +++..     NoCast   +   T - +2 pair of boots of the Assassin {Detection Stab+ Stlth++}
Stlth    ++++......             N - amulet of Bais {Reflect rPois Int+3 Dex+2 SH+5}
Regen    1.6/turn               u - ring "Ohanuith" {rCorr *Contam rN+ SInv Stlth+}
MPRegen  0.3/turn               H - ring of Yqoh {Wiz rPois rN+ Dex+4}

@: no status effects
A: fangs 3, clever 1, low mp 1, magic resistance 1, regeneration 2, robust 1,
magic shield, antimagic bite, no potion heal 3, rot immunity
0: Orb of Zot
}: 5/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, abyssal, gossamer
a: Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Burn Spellbooks, Renounce Religion

You visited 10 branches of the dungeon, and saw 54 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 1 time.
You visited 1 ziggurat, and saw 10 of its levels.
You also visited: Labyrinth.
I wasn't planning on getting the abyssal rune, but this happened:

code:
63632 | Zot:2    | Cast into level 4 of the Abyss (a Zot trap)
63717 | Abyss:4  | Got an abyssal rune of Zot

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

Yes. I would consider Spirit Shield better than Regeneration in nearly all circumstances. It's like having at least robust 1(or better), and then also it effectively provides boosted HP regeneration as well because your MP is now HP, which means you have HP regeneration ticking twice because both bars regenerate(and also MP regeneration is naturally faster than HP regeneration). I think I remember seeing someone crunch the numbers on this and conclude that because of this, spirit shield lets you effectively regenerate faster than regen amulet :newlol:

Spirit Shield would probably be more balanced if you didn't regenerate MP if you were missing HP. As it is I wear it basically every run unless I find an artifact amulet with stellar attributes, or once in a blue moon a faith amulet on the right god.
Spirit shield is more of a trade off if you actually need mana for emergency options. Usk worshippers can be screwed by shield if it stops them from using finale and so on.

Of course for Trog and Okawaru it's a complete non-issue :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I agree that spirit shield is extremely good but Darox is correct that running out of MP can screw over builds that need it for escape options. Also if you're build burns through MP quickly to deal damage then it isn't doing you much good to have spirit shield on. I actually lost a deep elf with controlled blink in Ghenna due to some bad misplay and hellfire rolls that depleted my entire mana pool while I was in lich form.

But it is weirdly good for a, say, Trog character. Since invocations and evocations both raise MP you'll end up with a decent mana pool anyways despite not needing to use it for anything. So in that scenario spirit shield is basically free HP.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Also for Mak characters, or Hep characters in my experience. Or TSO since you mostly just use MP at the start of fights with him.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010

Thalamas posted:

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric
3. fooot
4. chukamok
5. fugaros
6. Kautzman

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas

Link

I added the # TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas line to my rc file, but I'm not showing up on the clan page.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
2nd Nemelex Choice win in a row!

code:
araganzar the Bludgeoner (level 27, 201/201 HPs)
             Began as a Formicid Enchanter on May 27, 2017.
             Was a High Priest of Hepliaklqana.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on May 28, 2017!

araganzar the Bludgeoner (Formicid Enchanter)      Turns: 79980, Time: 06:58:13

Health: 201/201    AC: 35    Str: 21    XL:     27
Magic:  22/39      EV: 43    Int: 23    God:    Hepliaklqana [*****.]
Gold:   3477       SH: 35    Dex: 37    Spells: 6/51 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis +   b - +7 Spriggan's Knife {MR+ EV+4 Dex+4 Stlth+}
rCold    + . .     Gourm    .   M - +18 shield of the Gong {rElec rN+ MR+ EV-5}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   Z - +7 fire dragon scales
rPois    +         Spirit   .   (helmet unavailable)
rElec    +         Reflect  .   X - +1 cloak of Starlight {rElec rC+ EV+4 Stlth--}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   i - +2 pair of gloves of the Great Game {rC+}
MR       ++++.                  G - +0 pair of boots of the Cuttlefish {Dex+3 Slay+5}
Stlth    ++........             R - macabre finger necklace {rN+}
Regen    1.9/turn               S - ring of Beogh's Generosity {AC+2 Str+3}
MPRegen  0.3/turn               s - ring of Guekh {EV+5 Int+3}
                                O - ring "Buaguo" {rPois rN+ Str-4 Dex+10 SInv}
Used Spriggan's Knife most of the game - swapped over to Undeadhunter and a +9 Great Mace for the end run. Didn't have most of this gear for the first 2 runes but a high hexes apt and an early large shield of prot made it actually possible to stab with the spriggan's knife. Also had boots of running for a good bit which makes a huge difference when you decide you want to bug out and you are halfway across depths from the nearest stairs.

FoEn was not bad, Hep turns out to be really good with Fo because it's close to free cblink. Had a firestorming pan lord + friends between me and some zot stairs - swapped pet with the pan lord, told pet to retreat to stairs, ran and swapped with pet when it hit stairs. That's a major problem for most Fo and Hep made it easy.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

I think this is the best trove I've ever seen.

code:
P - the +9 scales of the Dragon King {rPois rF+ rC+ MR+}  
V - the +2 shield of Resistance {rF+ rC+ MR+} 
W - the +4 moon troll leather armour {Spirit, Regen++ MP+5} 
You see here the +0 mask of the Dragon {MR+ Slay+3 SInv}.
Plus a bunch of other armour of varying usefulness.

This on a TrCK, and the best part is, I had to give up piety to enter. Like Xom gave a poo poo five minutes later.

I wonder how I'll die?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Speaking of armor, I need advice. I'm playing a halfling with 12 STR right now. I'm XL 12 and the first non-ammo gift Oka gives me is this:

code:
+12 gold dragon scales of Death's Door {rElec rPois rF+ rC+ Int+2}.
First, what the gently caress Oka, second... how hosed am I if I try to wear this encumbrance and all?

edit: As it turns out, not hosed at all. Decided to suck up any penalties and do it anyway and I'm basically invincible so it doesn't really matter!

Glagha fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 28, 2017

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

In my current game there were literally 2 enchant weapon scrolls after 3 lairs runes, vaults 4, and depths, and Trog's biggest enchantment was a +7 morningstar (so many flails, maces, and offskill weapons). So I converted from Trog to TSO to bless (and give +2 to!) my +0 demon whip, then switched to Zin. Gargoyles in CPA/GDA with large shields can be silly so I was often able to tab the trog wrath, or run away until they unberserked. When those wouldn't work teleport was fine. I also did Tomb to 2 (W:3 is scaring me still) and a ziggurat. Mummy floors were really bad but nothing else was much trouble, and got plenty of enchant scrolls there. Also Arga, which was handy for cleaving and/or non-vulnerable foes.

Now to die in Hells or Tomb:3 tomorrow.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I won but I forgot how to get the text dump for the victory post and I'm drunk.

E: ok found it
code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.20.0-4-g10b340a (webtiles) character file.

2862974 rodrick the Minotaur Barricade (level 26, 239/239 HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Fighter on May 27, 2017.
             Was the Champion of Hepliaklqana.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 4 runes on May 28, 2017!

The game lasted 05:17:51 (50534 turns).

rodrick the Minotaur Barricade (Minotaur Fighter)  Turns: 50534, Time: 05:17:52

Health: 239/239    AC: 37    Str: 47    XL:     26   Next: 54%
Magic:  27/27      EV: 16    Int:  3    God:    Hepliaklqana [******]
Gold:   4921       SH: 22    Dex: 13    Spells: 25/25 levels left

rFire    + . .     SeeInvis .   K - +9 double sword (distort)
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   l - +1 shield "Ecunut" {rElec rC+ Regen+ Str+3}
rNeg     + . .     Faith    .   y - +12 gold dragon scales
rPois    +         Spirit   .   (helmet restricted)
rElec    +         Reflect  .   c - scarf {repulsion}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   J - +2 pair of gloves {archery}
MR       +....                  O - +1 pair of boots {run}
Stlth    ..........             W - macabre finger necklace {rN+}
Regen    0.9/turn               k - ring "Ycurax" {EV+2 Str+5}
MPRegen  0.2/turn               b - ring of Xisa Simiole {rC+ Str+4}
                                Z - +5 ring of strength

@: repel missiles, quick
A: retaliatory headbutt, reduced essence, horns 2, talons 1, repulsion field 1,
blink, blurry vision 1, deformed body, deterioration 1, dopey 1, screaming 1, no
potion heal 1
}: 4/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, silver, abyssal
a: Blink, Recall Ancestor, Ancestor Identity, Transference, Idealise, Renounce
Religion
Hep is too easy.

rodbeard fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 28, 2017

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

rodbeard posted:

I won but I forgot how to get the text dump for the victory post and I'm drunk.

E: ok found it
code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.20.0-4-g10b340a (webtiles) character file.

2862974 rodrick the Minotaur Barricade (level 26, 239/239 HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Fighter on May 27, 2017.
             Was the Champion of Hepliaklqana.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 4 runes on May 28, 2017!

The game lasted 05:17:51 (50534 turns).

rodrick the Minotaur Barricade (Minotaur Fighter)  Turns: 50534, Time: 05:17:52

Health: 239/239    AC: 37    Str: 47    XL:     26   Next: 54%
Magic:  27/27      EV: 16    Int:  3    God:    Hepliaklqana [******]
Gold:   4921       SH: 22    Dex: 13    Spells: 25/25 levels left

rFire    + . .     SeeInvis .   K - +9 double sword (distort)
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   l - +1 shield "Ecunut" {rElec rC+ Regen+ Str+3}
rNeg     + . .     Faith    .   y - +12 gold dragon scales
rPois    +         Spirit   .   (helmet restricted)
rElec    +         Reflect  .   c - scarf {repulsion}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   J - +2 pair of gloves {archery}
MR       +....                  O - +1 pair of boots {run}
Stlth    ..........             W - macabre finger necklace {rN+}
Regen    0.9/turn               k - ring "Ycurax" {EV+2 Str+5}
MPRegen  0.2/turn               b - ring of Xisa Simiole {rC+ Str+4}
                                Z - +5 ring of strength

@: repel missiles, quick
A: retaliatory headbutt, reduced essence, horns 2, talons 1, repulsion field 1,
blink, blurry vision 1, deformed body, deterioration 1, dopey 1, screaming 1, no
potion heal 1
}: 4/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, silver, abyssal
a: Blink, Recall Ancestor, Ancestor Identity, Transference, Idealise, Renounce
Religion
Hep is too easy.

Hexer is still the way to go for your ancestor, yea?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
WOAH WOAH rewind what was that potion stack

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

After playing a FE run where I got screwed by Vehumet and got terrible endcap gifts plus no Annihilations until my 5th rune, I have to say Ignition is better than I thought. It still has a lot of overlap with firestorm where it is usually completely outclassed but it has some nice niches that give it some worth. The damage is so-so in average cases but sometimes you'll find a packed vault and comedy ensues, and it also works out great against summoners. It also fits a hole in Fire of giving 360 coverage which made Vaults 5 easier, now FE has their own version of shatter/tornado.

It's no chain lightning but it's miles ahead of LCS. I don't think I'd pick it up on anything that isn't a FE but it's worth the slots to take alongside firestorm.

Also that FE got killed by a panlord in a zig after getting a dozen runes like so many of my characters

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

tote up a bags posted:

Hexer is still the way to go for your ancestor, yea?

The answer is usually yes but it depends. Hexer gets Paralyze at 15 and Mass Confuse at 19 which are both insanely good, Mass Confuse means your pet can attack with you blocking. Gets an anti-magic quick blade at 24 that is really nice against OOFs when idealized.

However, the hexer will often spend time trying to paralyze and confuse when everything is locked down so if you don't have the means to dispatch confused creatures quickly it might get really annoying. The mage pet does decent damage at range and is a good melee fighter as well. It's somewhat durable but still to keep it alive you'll want to either also be ranged class or have something like a huge fuckoff axe to keep aggro.

The fighter pet is okay but it does not tank well enough to differentiate it from the other pets, the flaming axe does not chop hydra heads, and it suffers from having no range and thus having to chase stuff all over the battlefield in places like Lair and Vaults. I think they should give it javelins, change them to javelins of pen at XL15.

Also, the hex pet is good with hexers. I just won FoEn with my Hep^Hex pet. Once I got the pet to 40/40 INT/FTH the synergy was great. My current game is HaIE with Hep^Hex and it's reliably doing the hexing for me. I do have Sword of the Jihad/Zealot/Yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi and not sure if I'm disappointed or not but it doesn't berserk the pet, I guess because he's probably undead or non-living holiness?

edit: the thing i would really like with hep is a DON'T STEP IN THAT GODDAMN CORRIDOR toggle. Pet is the worst about jumping in and trying to tank a whole line of very ugly things. Then you have to tell it to retreat, then tell it to attack again. Anyone have a better way of solving that? If you set it to guard the area will it still go in like the goddamn light brigade?

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 28, 2017

Thalamas
Dec 5, 2003

Sup?
My Hep ancestor keeps running off and attacking plants in the middle of battle. It's bizarre.

edit: Also, my demonspawn has rugged brown scales and robust.

Thalamas fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 28, 2017

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
gently caress the abyss.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I was invincible, so I opened doorvault and then didn't fight as well as possible. Dead with 12 runes.

pre:
1271692 rchandra the Gargoyle Barricade (level 27, -5/214 HPs)
             Began as a Gargoyle Fighter on May 26, 2017.
             Was the Champion of Zin.
             Killed from afar by a Brimstone Fiend (22 damage)
             ... with damnation
             ... on level 3 of the Iron City of Dis on May 28, 2017.
             The game lasted 09:45:38 (112254 turns).

rchandra the Gargoyle Barricade (GrFi)            Turns: 112254, Time: 09:45:40

Health: -5/214     AC: 74    Str: 32    XL:     27
Magic:  0/40       EV: 31    Int: 20    God:    Zin [******]
Gold:   10494      SH: 33    Dex: 31    Spells: 0/26 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis .   b - +8 mithril axe "Arga" {speed, MR+}
rCold    + + .     Gourm    .   R - +3 large shield {reflect}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   U - +12 gold dragon scales
rPois    ∞         Spirit   +   g - +2 hat of the Bear Spirit {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR++}
rElec    +         Reflect  +   f - +2 cloak {MR+}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   D - +3 pair of gauntlets of War {Slay+5}
MR       +++++                  O - +1 pair of boots {run}
Stlth    ..........             V - amulet of Vitality {Regen+ HP+15}
Regen    0.9/turn               T - ring "Oluckiap" {rN+ Dex+3 Slay+3, =R}
MPRegen  0.3/turn               S - ring of Peid {rF+ Dex+2 Slay+2}

@: vitalised, flying, quick
A: big wings, camouflage 1, cold resistance 1, negative energy resistance 1,
electricity resistance, wild magic 1, unbreathing, petrification resistance, rot
immunity, AC +20
}: 12/15 runes: decaying, slimy, silver, golden, bone, abyssal, demonic,
glowing, magical, fiery, dark, gossamer

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Never open door vault in Hell. There is nothing there except a whole lot of cursing and suffering.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah even if I've got an amazing character going I'd never open door vault, especially in Hell. That's just asking for YASD.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

FR: Turn doorvault into a demonic rune vault for Pan.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Always open every door you pansies

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I had something similar, except instead of doorvault it was a smoke demon hallway in Pan, and also my Gargoyle had absurd stats that let it cast Tornado in GDS.

pre:
1163521 Rhandor the Meteorologist (level 27, -4/191 HPs)
             Began as a Gargoyle Conjurer on May 27, 2017.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Killed by divine providence
             ... invoked by a smoke demon
              (15 damage)
             ... in Pandemonium on May 28, 2017.
             The game lasted 04:37:52 (91148 turns).

Rhandor the Meteorologist (Gargoyle Conjurer)      Turns: 91148, Time: 04:37:53

Health: -4/191     AC: 69    Str: 42    XL:     27
Magic:  55/55      EV: 14    Int: 46    God:    the Shining One [******]
Gold:   5296       SH: 26    Dex:  9    Spells: 41/65 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis +   g - +8 mithril axe "Arga" {speed, MR+}
rCold    + . .     Gourm    .   u - +6 shield "Onwurgh" {rCorr Str+9 Int+3}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   W - +12 gold dragon scales "Kounih" {-Tele rPois rF+ rC+ Regen+ Dex+2}
rPois    ∞         Spirit   .   D - +2 hat {Int+3}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   v - +0 cloak of Wifiy {rF+ Str+7 Dex-3}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   q - +2 pair of gloves {Str+3}
MR       ++++.     Rnd*Rage +   m - +1 pair of boots of Birdsong {*Drain rN+ Int+5 SInv Stlth+}
Stlth    ..........NoTele   +   s - amulet of Ylyava {RegenMP MR+ MP+9 Int+6}
Regen    0.9/turn               O - ring "Salurch Hare" {Str-2 Int+5 Slay+6 Stlth+}
MPRegen  0.6/turn               b - ring "Ciuboetz" {rElec Str+6 Slay+5}

@: flying, glowing
A: big wings, beak, large bone plates 1, rugged brown scales 1, camouflage 1,
berserk 1, clever 1, deterioration 1, negative energy resistance 1, screaming 1,
electricity resistance, unbreathing, evolution 1, petrification resistance, rot
immunity, subdued magic 1, sturdy frame 1, AC +20
}: 11/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, slimy, silver, golden, iron, obsidian,
icy, bone, abyssal, demonic
Worst part was I didn't even need to walk like a moron, I could have just casted swiftness like I did to get into the vault. I just forgot.

Remember kids, drunk crawl: It might be a good idea, but it is also a bad idea.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Seriously gently caress the abyss.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Hi if anyone else would ever like to complain about not getting gear I'd just like to set the bar for you:

I am on D11. Also no wands, no evocables, no heal potions, no ego body armor, no buckler. Shows how long you can ride an electrocution weapon early with absolutely nothing.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Average Bear posted:

Always open every door you pansies

DeFiant until the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Araganzar posted:

I am on D11. Also no wands, no evocables, no heal potions, no ego body armor, no buckler. Shows how long you can ride an electrocution weapon early with absolutely nothing.

Totally died due to having to play the game naked. Next up I do an Op.

code:
 v - amulet "Gaozel" {Harm *Corrode *Drain rPois 
 n - ring of positive energy {rN+}
 A - ring of loudness (curse) {Stlth-}
 z - ring of ice (curse) {rC+, rF-}
gently caress my world. I used my only tport to get that amulet from a transport vault.

• Locked thread