Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Mu Zeta posted:

I like Maui Jim but they are pricey. But I rather avoid luxottica crap like Ray Ban.

e: don't get them from Amazon though because it's not an authorized retailer for Maui Jim so it doesn't come with a warranty.

Just ordered a pair of these a few days ago: https://uk.mauijim.com/en/shop/sunglasses/classic/kawika

I was similarly disappointed by the quality of my previous Ray-Bans. Plasticky and poor lens quality both in terms of acuity and how easily they scuffed. Temple ended up bent out shape quickly without much abuse at all.

These were heinously expensive because I went and had prescription lenses in too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've bought and returned 5 pairs of Ray Bans for being broken or counterfeit. Done with that brand.

What's a different, superior brand? Bonus for Amazon.

I know I'm basically becoming a shill for them, but still: Randolph Engineering.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Trabant posted:

I know I'm basically becoming a shill for them, but still: Randolph Engineering.

They're the contractor that makes aviators for the air force, so if you've got base access somewhere you can pick up a pair for cheap. They make some pretty nice glasses.

travisray2004 posted:

What the gently caress? Is this an actual real thing? It looks ridiculous. Like you've got a mattress strapped to your back.

Indeed it is! It's still pretty bulky relatively speaking, but it's super light and still a huge step up from traditional molded kayaks... I guess we shall see if it handles as well as traditional styles!

In retrospect, it probably wouldn't just been a lot cheaper to steal a few mail crates from the post office

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Pro tip: as someone who has sold on Amazon, do NOT buy designer poo poo on Amazon. They have an Amazon fulfillment program, which lets sellers send in stuff to Amazon for Amazon to pull, pack, and ship to customers. Most people opt for commingling, where the stuff you send is poured into the same bin as amazon's stock and everyone else's stock. When anyone orders that item from those sellers, the item is pulled at random from that bin. Amazon doesn't really inspect what you send in, other than to verify that it looks similar to the other stuff and that you've sent in the right quantity, so some people send in counterfeit items because they know they probably won't get caught, and they'll get a possibility for enough good reviews that they will outweigh the occasional bad review.

Edit: I sold self-shipped vintage video game stuff there from my childhood. I learned about this stuff from lurking the Amazon seller forums.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

420 praise it

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Crossposting this beast I picked up yesterday, and I'm betting that quite a few readers of this thread didn't even know something like it existed: A quadraphonic receiver!

You could get four-channel tapes and even vinyl records. It also comes complete with connections for a decoder for not yet existing four channel FM broadcasts!

It's a Pioneer QX 949, and cost me $20. It's not in great shape, but it pushes a lot of power!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a pair of Skechers. "GoWalk 3 Contend" in black/black. $30 at Gabe's

Every step feels like I'm walking on a trampoline.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
how many kids do you have pcos bill

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

how many kids do you have pcos bill

1 and I've never met him.

For that matter, he probably isn't mine either. She never asked for money, I never insisted on a paternity test.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

evobatman posted:

Crossposting this beast I picked up yesterday, and I'm betting that quite a few readers of this thread didn't even know something like it existed: A quadraphonic receiver!

You could get four-channel tapes and even vinyl records. It also comes complete with connections for a decoder for not yet existing four channel FM broadcasts!

It's a Pioneer QX 949, and cost me $20. It's not in great shape, but it pushes a lot of power!

Holy poo poo, that thing is sweet. I got my dad's old SX-939 but I think there's something hosed up with the protection circuit as it cuts out about 5 seconds after power on.

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012
A four pack of these...

...perfect for a boiling hot day like today

Randyslawterhouse has a new favorite as of 22:49 on May 26, 2017

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

$40 worth of sweet Chinese Tungsten

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Picked up (hah) this floral skirt by Oscar de la Renta

but I got it in blue:

More than $1,200 off! :buddy:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

bongwizzard posted:

$40 worth of sweet Chinese Tungsten

Good plan getting different sized butt plugs. It's best to be safe working your way up.

Ok, I give up, what are they for?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Looks like bullets for reloading with a strange surface coating.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Tungsten bullets would be a really really really bad idea

Tungsten cores, ok.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Tungsten bullets would be a really really really bad idea

Tungsten cores, ok.
Why would tungsten bullets be a bad idea?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Why would tungsten bullets be a bad idea?

Probably because tungsten would turn the inside of your barrel into a smooth bore

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

I've been told by three different family members that I'm pretty much guaranteed to die on this, one of which chain smokes and drinks like a fish.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Tungsten is it's own reward. You hoard it up as a status symbol really.

They are fishing sinkers, tungsten being one of the few reasonable metals denser than lead, let you use smaller sinkers while still having enough weight to do what needs to be done. I'm still also transferred to vibrations a lot better than lead so you can feel bottom contour better. Apparently the forming of tungsten it's pretty difficult and Iirc China is pretty much the only place that does it. The site I've been ordering from is way way cheaper than anywhere else I found it available and gives free shipping after you spend $40.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

dumb. posted:

I've been told by three different family members that I'm pretty much guaranteed to die on this, one of which chain smokes and drinks like a fish.

Sweet looking ride! I'm finishing my riding class tomorrow and will get my license to ride!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

For all my poopsocking needs.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

dumb. posted:

Get your donor card in order if you haven't already.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

evobatman posted:

Go gently caress yourself with a lamp

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

PCOS Bill posted:

Go gently caress yourself with a lamp

Donating organs is cool and good, why are you against donating organs?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, don't you ride a motorcycle?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

You have to understand he is completely empty inside.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe he regrets donating all his organs?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Mr. F! posted:

Organ donors don't get to dictate who their organs go to so he could inadvertently help a poor or liberal.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Geoj posted:

Organ donors don't get to dictate who their organs go to so he could inadvertently help a poor or liberal.

They don't give donated organs to poor people in the US.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

They don't give donated organs to poor people in the US.

They would just ruin them with cigarettes and fatty foods.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Remember how Steve Jobs somehow got a liver transplant so quickly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

It was a pineapple.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't know, maybe if someone posted their brand-new awesome glass "pipe" and someone commented "get your organ donor card ready!" it'd be different.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Sappo569 posted:

Probably because tungsten would turn the inside of your barrel into a smooth bore

Well I reckon it'd explode pretty drat good first or stovepipe like crazy

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

evobatman posted:

It's a cb300 dude. He's not going to be hauling rear end on it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Well that's very simple, you just sign up for every donor list in the country because you have a private jet to make the trip in time when your match comes up.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Zahi posted:

It's a cb300 dude. He's not going to be hauling rear end on it.

Doesn't matter. It's the other drivers that you have to worry about more.

Edit - I purchased a cheap switch.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Organ donation is amazing. Be a donor especially if you are young and healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Alright, I guess i'm officially a hipster now...

How many times will I eat poo poo until I can ride this thing in public without crashing? It wouldn't be more embarrassing than just riding it.

I aspire to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrUiBbDsXms