Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Charliegrs posted:

Holy poo poo America has a lot of nihilists

When your vote can't matter and big money has been grinding you into the dirt for centuries what else would you expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Darth Windu posted:

I've never heard of a conspiracy theory to do with sandy hook

Mostly my concern is focused on the fact that they didn't let doctors see Seth rich between the shooting and his death. Supposedly he was expected to recover, then blackout, and boom dead? Like if you don't think that's suspicious then you probably think lee Harvey Oswald was guilty too

someone put up :10bux: to buy this stupid motherfucker a sea lion pic to go with his accurate red text

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

I'm about as concerned about Seth Rich's murder being more than a mugging as I am about Apollo 11 not having actually visited the moon.
Being concerned about one of those is probably a pretty good barometer for whether you're concerned about the other, which kind of sums up my frustration with this country.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahahah loving WHAT.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahahah loving WHAT.

Maybe they don't know the definition of collusion?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It is 100% a Kellyanne quote.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Didn't see this yesterday. Can't wait for new hilarious leaks to arise from it.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/868195851558146048

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

hanales posted:

More like a Panic Room that he can barricade himself in once the Feds try to drag him out of the WH.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

hanales posted:

I wonder if they'll allow fighting in there.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

There Bias Two posted:

More like a Panic Room that he can barricade himself in once the Feds try to drag him out of the WH.

I actually bet the white house has some panic room that can't be opened by from the outside. Since if there was intruders they could just doom II their way to stealing a keycard and getting in. It would be amazing if the trump administration just ended with him being impeached and locking himself in a room no one can get him to come out like the ending of mother 3.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Deadulus posted:

This is weird as poo poo.

Where are their normal readers going? Are they actually going to MSM to read about trump because Breitbart et al won't cover it? Or are they just skipping the news? I know a lot of RWM types and they loving hate anything going outside their bubble.

The pro-Trump networks on twitter and Facebook were spamming the poo poo out of Breitbart articles to get them into trending news sections. Since a lot of those accounts have gone mysteriously silent about Trump after the election they don't have the same reach.

Additionally it is nearly impossible to overstate just how much the RWM relied on "Clinton evil!" articles to drive traffic. Hating on Bill and Hillary by itself was pretty much a multi-billion dollar industry and losing the ability to milk that has really hit them hard.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

There Bias Two posted:

Hope so, maybe we can get the full Hitler bunker ending.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Charliegrs posted:

Holy poo poo America has a lot of nihilists

In my city democrats have mismanaged things for decades. They also run a machine political operation where all candidates are carefully vetted for loyalty to the local party organization and/or major donors to the party.

For example, the alderwoman in my ward became the mayor so they are going to have a special election. The ward party committee had a backroom session to pick the candidate and decided to go with a young hedge fund manager who is up and coming in city politics.

The only hitch was that she's been living in the city only for 1.5 years when you need to be a resident for 3 to stand for election. They literally broke their own laws to get her on the ballot and had to scramble at the last minute to pick a new one.

Compare this rigid machine bullshit to how local republican committees operate, which is let any dittohead show up and run for office. As long as they put in the effort of campaigning they can win. It results in the GOP having a reliable farm system for candidates to spread their filth views everywhere vs. the democrats being reliant on big city machines to produce candidates of dubious quality and merit.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Ok things are definitely starting to matter - he cancelled a rally:

https://twitter.com/tamarakeithNPR/status/868460478674210816

:sad: :smugdon: :sad:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Hope so, maybe we can get the full Hitler bunker ending.

We might actually get tapes of this one for people to edit subtitles on.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

canepazzo posted:

Wow. I didn't think he'd do that for anything. Is he dead?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

canepazzo posted:

I can't wait for the leaks about how unhappy he is about that.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

canepazzo posted:

I actually hope he gets carted away from one of these rallies in handcuffs

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, it's embarrassing to see a respected military guy like McMaster shred his own reputation by making excuses for Trump:

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/868459645928656896

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Wow. I didn't think he'd do that for anything. Is he dead?

I suppose that would constitute an unforeseen change in schedule, wouldn't it?

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

DaveWoo posted:

Man, it's embarrassing to see a respected military guy like McMaster shred his own reputation by making excuses for Trump:

"having secret channels lets us communicate secretly guys" jesus the brain poison they're all drinking must be potent

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sensible Thursday posted:

The alternative was watching his daughter marry a man he once told "You know, you have such a stunningly superficial knowledge of what went on that it’s almost embarrassing to listen to you." Death is a mercy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mk18af8z9Y

I now have a ravenous appetite for more videos of Joe Scarborough being dunked on.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Shifty Pony posted:

The pro-Trump networks on twitter and Facebook were spamming the poo poo out of Breitbart articles to get them into trending news sections. Since a lot of those accounts have gone mysteriously silent about Trump after the election they don't have the same reach.

Additionally it is nearly impossible to overstate just how much the RWM relied on "Clinton evil!" articles to drive traffic. Hating on Bill and Hillary by itself was pretty much a multi-billion dollar industry and losing the ability to milk that has really hit them hard.

On a similar note - wasn't there a story about how Alex Jones was freaking out about Obama potentially losing the 2012 election, or something?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

There Bias Two posted:

I suppose that would constitute an unforeseen change in schedule, wouldn't it?

it's time for weekend at bernie's: presidential edition

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
New York Times reporter claims "Was too over the top to report on in the past"

I don't know how legit this guy is though. All I could find on NYtimes from him were a couple of opinion pieces.

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/868255116859555840

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

hanales posted:

New York Times reporter claims "Was too over the top to report on in the past"

I don't know how legit this guy is though. All I could find on NYtimes from him were a couple of opinion pieces.

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/868255116859555840

I dunno, but this is a pretty on point observation:

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/868256158078730240

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

HPanda posted:

There's a good chance that it's also because Breitbart used to be the site for anti-government crazies. Now that they're pro-government, some of the readership is bound to stop tuning in. It was just that, for eight years, being anti-government and Republican were completely linked, and now Fascists and Anarchists are having trouble finding common ground.

At the end of the day, it's two guys with torches arguing over whether the government should kill Muslims or should instead disappear so that they can kill Muslims themselves.

I'm more curious how the infowars crowd turns out. It's amazing seeing Jones go on and on about how the Feds are now good.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I love how Trump still has to tell everyone how great his election victory was, especially when he does tells it to other heads of government, which usually (except for his buddies in KSA ofc) have won elections themselves, most of them a lot more than Trump ever will.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it's because of the current time, but all of these last few tweets with damning news have like zero trump supporters in them. It really feels like his online support is getting tired and dying down. it really is a lot easier to attack than to defend.

it's either that or they're secluding themselves in echo chambers, much like liberals did during the Obama years.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Portland Mercury posted:

Suspect in Portland Hate Crime Murders is a Known White Supremacist

The man accused of the brutal hate crime slayings of two people at the Hollywood Transit Center on Friday afternoon is a known local white supremacist.

Jeremy Christian, 35, was booked early Saturday morning on two aggravated murder charges, an attempted murder charge, two intimidation (hate crime) charges, and a felon in possession of a restricted weapon charge.

The Portland Police Bureau (PPB) reported that the man "was on the MAX train yelling various remarks that would be best characterized as hate speech toward a variety of ethnicities and religions. At least two of the victims attempted to intervene with the suspect and calm him down. The suspect attacked the men, stabbing three, before leaving the train."

Witnesses told the police that he was harassing two women who appear to be Muslim. One was described as wearing a hijab. One of the men he stabbed died at the scene, one was pronounced dead at a hospital, and one is expected to survive.

Christian is a known right wing extremist and white supremacist. On April 29, Christian showed up to the right-wing "March for Free Speech" on 82nd Avenue in Montavilla with a baseball bat in an attempt to assault left-wing protesters. The bat was quickly confiscated by Portland police officers. He ranted how he was a nihilist. He'd soon yelled racial slurs ("gently caress all you n*****s") and gave the Nazi salute throughout the day. He yelled "Hail Vinland" throughout the day.

A few Portland police officers on April 29 appeared to be familiar with Christian, but not threatened by him. They claimed he had a head injury and was mentally ill.

Update: Christian has a criminal record that includes a host of felonies going back to 2002, when he was convicted of first-degree robbery and second-degree kidnapping. He also has a conviction for carrying/using a dangerous weapon from 2002.

His Facebook page is replete with anti-Semitic comments and other evidence of his views. Here are some examples.

Mayor Ted Wheeler, who was flying from London to Portland when the crime occurred, issued his first statement this morning:

"There is too much hatred in our world right now, and far too much violence. Too much of it has arrived here in Portland," Wheeler said in a press release. "My heart goes out to the families of those who lost their lives, and to those who witnessed what happened. Thank you to our first responders, who provided aid, and police who captured the suspected killer. Now is the time, we must come together as a community and love one another. We must reject hatred and violence. We must seek justice."

There's more in the article: http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2017/05/27/19041594/suspect-in-portland-hate-crime-murders-is-a-known-white-supremacist

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

DaveWoo posted:

You should appreciate that McMaster is paying the ultimate price to keep Trump somewhat in check by serving under him.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

JYS got a lot of attention initially last year reporting on Trump rallies. He's a little dramatic sometimes, but it's continually been prove justified. Also clearly getting some good sources.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DaveWoo posted:

mcmaster wrote an entire goddamn book about how military commanders hosed the american people and their own soldiers by not being vocal about what a bad idea vietnam was. how does he not realize he's going to be looked upon the same way by history.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Regarding ratings at Fox News and readership at Breitbart, I believe the big problem for the GOP is that when your team is losing big, you turn the game off and you don't watch Sportscenter the next day. If their base disengages because they feel like their guy is "losing" or embarrassing them, then it also translates to lower voter turnout.

People on this very forum repeatedly say "nothing matters" and that is true for a small but loud portion of the GOP base. The "sane" portion (if you can call it that) are tuning out because they're sick of their guy getting dunked on. If the Democrats take back the House in 2018 it'll be because of lower voter turnout among the GOP base.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

GaussianCopula posted:

You should appreciate that McMaster is paying the ultimate price to keep Trump somewhat in check by serving under him.

I appreciate that he pretty much confirmed the story as true and indicated that there are more such dealings that need to be uncovered.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mahoning posted:

Regarding ratings at Fox News and readership at Breitbart, I believe the big problem for the GOP is that when your team is losing big, you turn the game off and you don't watch Sportscenter the next day.

it's not just that - they're straight up not reporting the biggest political story/stories going on right now. you can't survive just ignoring that poo poo.

on john oliver they showed some fox news psycho reporting it was a whole lot of nothing but then two days later some more poo poo leaked out and he's like yeah poo poo is happening. it gets to a point where spin is impossible even for these nut jobs.

Shifty Pony posted:

I appreciate that he pretty much confirmed the story as true and indicated that there are more such dealings that need to be uncovered.

i really don't understand the constant self owning. if you want to survive you have to act like it didn't happen there's really no way to actually spin it. why the gently caress confirm it.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 27, 2017

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

There was an NPR interview with one of McMasters friends. They were in the same West Point class together decades ago and have been friends ever since.

The friend said that is what is happening. McMasters is slowly sacrificing his own legacy and credibility to keep Trump from jumping the country off the deep end.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's not just that - they're straight up not reporting the biggest political story/stories going on right now. you can't survive just ignoring that poo poo.

on john oliver they showed some fox news psycho reporting it was a whole lot of nothing but then two days later some more poo poo leaked out and he's like yeah poo poo is happening. it gets to a point where spin is impossible even for these nut jobs.

They are in a catch-22 situation. Not reporting on the stories causes viewers to leave because they know they aren't getting the important news. Reporting on the stories however causes (other) viewers to leave because they don't want to see their guy in trouble.

Ny father is in that second group. He will change the channel if fox puts on any that is remotely bad for trump.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Portland has a bunch of this poo poo, always surprises folks who got their idea of the city from Portlandia. And isn't it great we shifted all DoJ focus away from these types of groups to focus on the real terrorists? Or, if they want to see him as a mentally ill lone wolf, that they're slashing mental health funding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

We'll never know why he did it.

• Locked thread