Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

hell, i'm gonna buy, and enjoy, ARMs, Splatoon, and Monster Hunter XX when they come out

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Super glad to see they're at least spit-polishing MHXX for the Switch. It was already going to be a day 1 buy for me, but that guy was right, let's not kid ourselves about the graphics on the 3DS.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zelder posted:

hell, i'm gonna buy, and enjoy, ARMs, Splatoon, and Monster Hunter XX when they come out

Yeah either that or overpay for indies or put the console in a drawer.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Playing Ultra SF2 on a joycon is ultra terrible

I haven't even tried using just one joycon, I bet that's just unplayable

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

Playing Ultra SF2 on a joycon is ultra terrible

I haven't even tried using just one joycon, I bet that's just unplayable

Im waiting for a 75% off sale to coincide with a ps4-switch arcade stick converter release

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Kashuno posted:

ARMS is fun if you have friends which is probably why a lot of goons didn't enjoy it

oh for sure man

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Cars 3 is going to be

A

Good

Game

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 27, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Real hurthling! posted:

Im waiting for a 75% off sale to coincide with a ps4-switch arcade stick converter release

It's okay on a Pro controller. I can make the d-pad register up or down whenever I'm just trying to hit right or left though, I know some people were complaining about that some time ago.

It's Street Fighter on a Switch, I ain't taking this thing to EVO anyway. I just wanna throw some fireballs sometimes, and I never owned HD Remix, so.

I've played about five matches online and only saw noticeable lag once, so that's decent. It does still seem to find matches the fastest if you just jump into Training or Arcade with Fight Request on. I can also see people having fun with this on a couch somewhere, provided both have Pro controllers or an incredibly low tolerance for bad controls.

It's pretty good. Coulda been way worse, as a Capcom fighting game in 2017.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Someone uploaded screenshots of the entire 'Help' menu from ARMS.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 27, 2017

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I don't like fighting games therefore arms is bad

I like fighting games therefore arms is good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arms isnt a fighting game its a boxing game

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The only fighting games I like are MK, MK2, and MKX.

ARMS is... not for me.

Splatoon 2 is going to own, though.

Thanks for reading.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I can't stand the way NRS does combos or zoning, which is a shame because I love all the extra content in their games

edit: also the animations look hella wonky

Zelder fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 27, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does NRS still kneejerk re-balance their games at the drop of a hat?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

swastika dock

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why does that game say NINTENDO SWITCH VER on it... lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ethanol posted:

because its the nintendo switch version

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i was ambivalent about arms but the global test punch was a lot of fun and i liked it a lot and will probably buy it now. thanks for reading

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

ethanol posted:

Truly a mystery for the ages...

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Wheany posted:

Well I don't really see how a portable system does multiplayer any better than a non-portable one does, except if you want to punch the other players irl.

I also think that the length of the hunts is irrelevant to the game being better on one system versus another, except I get that it's a pain having to suspend in the middle of a hunt when you get to work or whatever. But if 15-minute missions are good on portable, they are probably good on a non-portable system too.

It's not that the short play sessions and multiplayer style is impossible to enjoy on home console, it just makes the portable playstyle really good and nice.

I mean I play Overwatch or whatever multiplayer game with 10 minute matches on my home computer hours at a time. If I could do that while commuting it would be ideal.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

ethanol posted:

its so you don't put it in your virtual boy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ethanol posted:

For retail point of sale systems? :shrug:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
They called the Nintendo Switch version the NINTENDO SWITCH VER.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Joycons are real bad and so is pro controller for fighters lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I will probably get ARMS out of the bargain bin around Christmas and put it back because lol the game is bad.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mega64 posted:

They called the Nintendo Switch version the NINTENDO SWITCH VER.

Gotta differentiate the titles so that the japanese consumer understand which is the hot new thing and which one is the underperforming slob that no one wants.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's just the kind of thing Capcom does when it slaps a fresh coat of paint on an old Monster Hunter game.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
People sure like to complain about games they will never buy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I will probably get ARMS out of the bargain bin around Christmas and put it back because lol the game is bad.

same but sf2 and arms

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Rexroom posted:

People sure like to complain about games they will never buy.

*gestures wildly arouond me* welcome...to the desert of the real

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
After putting more time into Zelda I'm liking the systems and world more and more and the story less and less. Like holy poo poo Nintendo is getting some mileage out of that boring parchment looking cutscene, I think I've seen and heard the same bits three or four times now. And the voice acting in this game is...well I guess at least you tried Nintendo.

I love how it constantly feels like I'm breaking the game though and doing things they devs didn't intend. I adore it when games give that much freedom.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

the only nintendo game i've ever seen in the bargain bin was Other M. it was 5 dollars that was wild.

still didn't pick it up though

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe they made a ranked mode around lobbies ahaha Nintendo and cap on are dumb

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

After putting more time into Zelda I'm liking the systems and world more and more and the story less and less. Like holy poo poo Nintendo is getting some mileage out of that boring parchment looking cutscene, I think I've seen and heard the same bits three or four times now. And the voice acting in this game is...well I guess at least you tried Nintendo.

I love how it constantly feels like I'm breaking the game though and doing things they devs didn't intend. I adore it when games give that much freedom.

You can switch the voice language to Japanese. I think it's much better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zelder posted:

the only nintendo game i've ever seen in the bargain bin was Other M. it was 5 dollars that was wild.

still didn't pick it up though

I did :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh, you poor stupid bastard :allears:.

I bought it new at release :cripes:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Imagined posted:

You can switch the voice language to Japanese. I think it's much better.

Oh hrmm I might do that.

And Other M wasn't completely unfun to play, it's just that it missed the mark of being a Metroid game so goddamn hard that it was kind of amazing and the story was almost insultingly bad.

e: and I figured it out, Breath of the Wild is a game designed to replicate the feeling of invading a high level zone in an MMO that you're not supposed to be in but actually rewards you for doing so

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Yodzilla posted:

I guess you might like Disgaea 5 then. I've heard how the series is ridiculous in its way of handling stats, but it didn't click with me until I viewed this video about it. It kindled my interest, at least, but isn't it a grindfest? Is it just an exercise in tedium if I decide to dive in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

disgaea is insanely fun and it's been one of my favorite series ever since atlus ran that reprint of the first game way way way back in...2004?

but you'll figure out pretty quickly whether or not you like it

• Locked thread