Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

my grandpa had a little woodworking shop in the basement of their house. It had a bathroom just off to the side. It had:

-Baby Blue Saloon doors
-Baby Blue paint on all cinderblock walls
-A pretty sizable shower (blue shower curtain)
-one of these to tie it all together:

A tiny Death Star?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Panapet AM radio

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

my grandpa had a little woodworking shop in the basement of their house. It had a bathroom just off to the side. It had:

-Baby Blue Saloon doors
-Baby Blue paint on all cinderblock walls
-A pretty sizable shower (blue shower curtain)
-one of these to tie it all together:

Is that a thermal detonator or some sort of laser light show?

Edit: oops another page, and it's been answered. I would not have guessed that, the thing in the lower left looks a lot like a lens of some sort, but I guess its an LED/LCD display.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

sneakyfrog posted:

goddamn it now im thinking of just installing saloon doors in the master bath.

Can we combine these two, please? A single saloon door that flips back and forth between the two openings.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Just put a single shower curtain on an extra long rod.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Friend of mine is in a vacation rental right now.

This is the only hallway between the downstairs living area and the upstairs bedroom.

It is also the shower.

I think that I'm the horror, but I'd be okay with this house if I were the only one living there, kitchen toilet aside.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

HardDiskD posted:

I think that I'm the horror, but I'd be okay with this house if I were the only one living there, kitchen toilet aside.

Really needs to just add nozzles up and down the stairs so you don't even have to stop walking while you shower

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Hallway bidet.

One Legged Ninja
Sep 19, 2007
Feared by shoe salesmen. Defeated by chest-high walls.
Fun Shoe

HardDiskD posted:

If you were living by yourself, who would really care if you took a leak while your takeout was being delivered?

Edit: Derp.

One Legged Ninja fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 26, 2017

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
You guys need to see this hotel room. At first it's a normal shithole, with the hole in the shower wall, bad plumbing and the inoperable fire exit, but then the luminol comes out...

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

One Legged Ninja posted:

while your takeout was being delivered?

???

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

kid sinister posted:

You guys need to see this hotel room. At first it's a normal shithole, with the hole in the shower wall, bad plumbing and the inoperable fire exit, but then the luminol comes out...

I've always said a UV flashlight is a perfect gift for someone you hate

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

kid sinister posted:

Glad this is a short day at work because I ain't getting poo poo down now...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

kid sinister posted:

Freshly showered this morning and feeling squeaky clean.

Watch hotel hell video.

Feel phantom bugs on me.

Thanks rear end in a top hat. (It was interesting, but yecccch!)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Good morning from glamorous, important Tokyo. Choose two: location, size, comfort, price.
http://toyokeizai.net/articles/amp/141803

Only registered members can see post attachments!

One Legged Ninja
Sep 19, 2007
Feared by shoe salesmen. Defeated by chest-high walls.
Fun Shoe

... :downsgun: It's one of those days, I see.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

kid sinister posted:

Holy poo poo, the luminol, you aren't kidding.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Jesus, were they holding a knife fight in that room? :stonk:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Phanatic posted:

Friend of mine is in a vacation rental right now.

This is the only hallway between the downstairs living area and the upstairs bedroom.

It is also the shower.

At one point I lived in a place that had formerly been dorms, converted to private (non-university operated) apartments sometime in the 1970s. Built in the 1950s.

My "one bedroom" was 2 bigass rooms, connected through the bathroom. One side had a tiny kitchen shoved in where the closet had been, and a circuit breaker panel jammed in where one of the sinks had been (each side originally had its own sink; it was originally two double occupancy rooms with a shared bathroom). My mailing address had "Apt #123-124" in it (original rooms were 123 and 124).

It was kinda ghetto. But $399/month with electricity and water included (it now goes for $750 :stonk:).

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Liquid Communism posted:

last time i saw blood splatter in that volume involved a close range shotgun!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Liquid Communism posted:

Heroin. Lots and lots of heroin

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

canyoneer posted:

Or poo poo. Human feces will activate luminol. So will urine if it has blood in it.

Actually, a couple of strange things will activate it, like some bleaches and horseradish.

Of course, I don't know how you piss or poo poo on the ceiling...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kid sinister posted:

Or poo poo. Human feces will activate luminol. So will urine if it has blood in it.

Actually, a couple of strange things will activate it, like some bleaches and horseradish.

Of course, I don't know how you piss or poo poo on the ceiling...

That room has obviously never seen bleach. Someone flinging liquified horseradish around with wild abandon is probably the best possible scenario.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This is the signature work of the Dastardly HorseRaDasher !

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

canyoneer posted:

Yes. Next time you're in some shithole gas station bathroom, or well almost anywhere these days, take a gander at the ceiling. All those ceiling splotches are either blood or clearing the syringe.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Yeah, that's totally blood/syringe spatter.See it all the time in druggie houses.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Out of wire? Use an old computer power supply, one trick they don't want you to know!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't know what those are exactly, but they are not computer power supply connectors.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Leperflesh posted:

I don't know what those are exactly, but they are not computer power supply connectors.

i think he is talking about the 2 free flying 4 pin molexes

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

i think he is talking about the 2 free flying 4 pin molexes

Those are just push-in splices.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Nuevo posted:

Those are just push-in splices.

oh wow they look like if you just wrapped a molex in tape like a dumbfuck.

wouldnt you just solder and seal those if you were a pro though? i mean thats what we do with compooters?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

In the US it'd be wire nuts, ideally with the wires spiralled around each other inside IMO.

I once saw a plastic drywall anchor used in place of a wire nut in an old floor lamp.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have a drawer of those and I'm in the US. They're not very common yet but they're available at home depot etc. so I think we'll start to see them a lot more. My problem with push-on connectors is they don't work for poo poo on multi-stranded wire, they're only useful for solid-core. So even though I have a drawer full of them, I still have to keep the wire nuts around too.

The wiring shown in the pic is still wrong, because those have to be in a junction box and not just loose, but you can tell they're not computer molex connectors because they're too fat at the base. That wiring is also too large of a gauge to be for a computer (the four-pin connectors in your computer carry 12 and 5 volts only).

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

I have a drawer of those and I'm in the US. They're not very common yet but they're available at home depot etc. so I think we'll start to see them a lot more. My problem with push-on connectors is they don't work for poo poo on multi-stranded wire, they're only useful for solid-core. So even though I have a drawer full of them, I still have to keep the wire nuts around too.

The wiring shown in the pic is still wrong, because those have to be in a junction box and not just loose, but you can tell they're not computer molex connectors because they're too fat at the base. That wiring is also too large of a gauge to be for a computer (the four-pin connectors in your computer carry 12 and 5 volts only).

Voltage doesn't determine the wire size, the amps do.

But you're right, push ons suck for that reason. The only situation where they excel over wire nuts is for attaching extensions onto wires cut way too short in the box.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

kid sinister posted:

But you're right, push ons suck for that reason. The only situation where they excel over wire nuts is for attaching extensions onto wires cut way too short in the box.

The maintenance guys where I work love them for replacing ballasts in overhead lights. Something about it being faster and just as secure as a wire nut.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

If I hear one loving joke about a concrete block...

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The only thing that's coming to mind is a custom remodel for a little person to reach the stove and sink, but why the hell would you leave it unfinished like that yet move the tiles on top???

e: I want that rectangle in the bottom right to be a trapdoor.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Pretty sure if you push a statue onto that, a door will open somewhere nearby.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

kid sinister posted:

Yeah but if your country uses 110V because of a smear campaign you're gonna have double the amperage to get the same wattage aren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Push ons suck.

Lever Nuts are GOD