Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
put your hands (put your hands up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

TopHatGenius posted:

It's too bad fishing is pretty boring. They should've done a quest to get the biggest fish possible instead.

Still...

TopHatGenius posted:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So if you aren't using the season pass angler stuff, the best spot for fishing I've seen is the one just south of the chocobo place, got 102 fish within the time window. There's like 15 fish in there during the day each try, only one or two are stubborn and don't bite.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

KingShiro posted:

I was surprised the ending was decent. I got my fill for now with the 30 hours invested.

Yeah I just finished the game today and echoing this sentiment. Credits sequence was especially good.

Still have no real idea what happened for most of the game but that's okay, brotrip forever!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

There's a survey in SPECIAL. You can pick one - and only one - option. I chose World of Ruin.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

1redflag posted:

There's a survey in SPECIAL. You can pick one - and only one - option. I chose World of Ruin.

It's really lacking an "All of that" option

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Isn't the Prompto DLC supposed to come out soon? It's super weird there has been zero news

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Playable Ara~ Ara~nea is the correct pick.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

World of Ruin or bust

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I want all of those choices though....how can tehy expect me to choose just 1?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So I haven't played this game since it first came out, played through it once then put it down after the carnival ended. Can someone point me in the direction of what changes/additions have been made since then?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Onmi posted:

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it.

can I vote for all of them

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Most of that stuff should have been in the game to begin with. They should add Ifrits betrayal anyway, because i still dont know whats up with that dude. But yeah, world of ruin would be my pick.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, the issue with that list is that "literally all of it should have been in the game"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

There are 15 items on that list, correct?

We each need to make 15 accounts on our chosen platforms and vote for each choice. If they all get an equal number of votes Square-Enix will be forced to put all of it into the game.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I haven't played this game since it first came out, played through it once then put it down after the carnival ended. Can someone point me in the direction of what changes/additions have been made since then?

Use the Ring of Lucii to kill everything ever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't really care about Armiger and I don't really know what stat-changing magic would entail but all of the rest is legit as gently caress.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Playable Character: Car

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't really care about Armiger and I don't really know what stat-changing magic would entail but all of the rest is legit as gently caress.

I assume the stat changing magic is like, blind, mute, berserk, etc.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Playable Character: Car

Hell yeah, get that Transformers dollar

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Where's Episode Prompto I need it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It'll be out right after KH3

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Episode Ignis slated for after the heat death of the universe.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Norns posted:

After nier and now person 5.

Yeeeshhh what a poo poo show this game was.

I'd give the lovingly rendered food a 10 outa 10 tho

Its extremely funny having FFXV and Persona 5 both out come out within 6 months of each other after 8 years of development for both.

Like you can just see the laser focus of Persona 5 vs. the "we gotta get this out the door"-ness of FFXV.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
I really have fun playing this, but drat some of those bugs are just terrible. In the middle of fishing, and all the controls stop working. How the hell does that even happen? Can't move, can't cast, can't exit fishing, can't save or reload. I can listen to the Lestallum music all day long though.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW0DtIYl6yM

Based on the Episode Prompto bits it'll straight up be a third person shooter

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Nina posted:

Getting Dirge of Cerberus flashbacks from that Episode Prompto clip.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Square Enix is extremely dumb

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns posted:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
This game is weird. At first Prompto kept going on about how he wants to gently caress a chocobo. Now everyone is chiming in with "There's no wrong way to love a chocobo" and stuff.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nina posted:

Is this... a trailer for a game that came out half a year ago

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is this... a trailer for a game that came out half a year ago

More like a trailer saying "Hey this game is still getting support"

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Norns posted:

nah

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BGrifter posted:

This game is weird. At first Prompto kept going on about how he wants to gently caress a chocobo. Now everyone is chiming in with "There's no wrong way to love a chocobo" and stuff.

Idr this particular car convo...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super excited for Promptos double jump that does nothing an ammo counter that requires me to divide by a prime number to determine how much ammo I actually have left.

Maybe they can throw in a stealth segment.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

Super excited for Promptos double jump that does nothing an ammo counter that requires me to divide by a prime number to determine how much ammo I actually have left.

Maybe they can throw in a stealth segment.

I hope more games incorporate an ammo counter that just gives you prime factorisations of the number you have left

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
We just need a turret section where everything is a QTE and we're perfect.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Honestly I just like that they're willing to break out of the formula for the DLC. I wonder what they have in store for Episode Ignis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Turn the protection of Altissia into SRPG battles.

• Locked thread