Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Here is a statistic: using the 10-6-4-3-2-1 points system, Max Verstappen has scored 69 more career points than Lance Stroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Here is a statistic: using the 10-6-4-3-2-1 points system, Max Verstappen has scored 69 more career points than Lance Stroll.

nice

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Kimi on loving pole and Lewis out in Q2. Man I shoulda been up for this one. Lmao

Same here. Definitely worth watching the replay of it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope Fernando does well at Indy and decides to skip the rest of the season and become a freelance driver. WEC race here, MotoGP race there, etc

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUrRPe8lgBk

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I like Lewis as a Brit but I think his arrogance got the best of him again. He should have put the laps in early to get a safe place into the next session. Love seeing Kimi on pole again at last though. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835O98ei3-Y

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Holy Cheese posted:

I like Lewis as a Brit but I think his arrogance got the best of him again. He should have put the laps in early to get a safe place into the next session.

Like what does that even mean? It takes a couple I laps for the Mercs to get the tires working and he either hit traffic on the laps where he was going for it but rbhad that huge bobble in the first run. I don't even know how he was arrogant. Do you mean like in an uppity way?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

gret posted:

Like what does that even mean? It takes a couple I laps for the Mercs to get the tires working and he either hit traffic on the laps where he was going for it but rbhad that huge bobble in the first run. I don't even know how he was arrogant. Do you mean like in an uppity way?

Its mean Their Lewis, who is arrogant as gently caress, hosed up.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Found one of the two seconds I need in morning practice. Qualifying in ten minutes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Leave me alone, I bwoah what I'm doing

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I really hope Ferrari don't try some bullshit team orders bollocks and tell Kimi to pull over tomorrow

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

simplefish posted:

I really hope Ferrari don't try some bullshit team orders bollocks and tell Kimi to pull over tomorrow

Lol as if he'd listen

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

simplefish posted:

It's Ferrari, if they're good at one thing, it's royally loving up-

wicka posted:

Lol as if he'd listen

Right, yeah, Kimi. He knows what he's doing, even if his team doesn't.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just need a half second now and I'll be solid midfield.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Stroll or Palmer will find a way to create a long caution immediately after Ferrari pits which will negate any advantage they have is my prediction. Ferrari will then do some insane third stop strategy and Kimi's gearbox will turn in to dust.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Stroll is not going to stay out of the barriers long enough to interfere with the pit stop windows

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Thanks Ants posted:

Stroll is not going to stay out of the barriers long enough to interfere with the pit stop windows

This is a good point.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Holy Cheese posted:

I like Lewis as a Brit but I think his arrogance got the best of him again. He should have put the laps in early to get a safe place into the next session. Love seeing Kimi on pole again at last though. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835O98ei3-Y

The FIA kept Lewis' car on the weighing bay or whatever it's called for half the session to make sure he'd get stuck in traffic from bad crashy drivers

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
ahahahahahaha

quote:

Honda admits the current MGU-H design on its Formula 1 engine is only strong enough to last two races, after suffering more "unacceptable" reliability problems at the Monaco Grand Prix.

Jenson Button qualified ninth in his one-off return to F1 in place of Fernando Alonso in Monte Carlo, but will drop to the back of the grid after collecting a 15-place penalty because Honda decided to change the turbo and MGU-H on his engine after Thursday practice.

Honda is not yet sure of the exact cause of the problem, which its F1 chief Yusuke Hasegawa says relates to the "rotation of the bearing" on the MGU-H.

The MGU-H design was modified for reliability after McLaren-Honda suffered several failures during round three of the championship in Bahrain in April.

Although Honda cannot be sure this latest problem is related, Hasegawa says the behaviour of the component is similar, which shows the design is still not robust enough to last more than two grands prix.

"Every two races we need to change – that is not acceptable," Hasegawa told Motorsport.com. "We think we need to have more modifications for robustness, with the rotating parts especially.

"Currently we are controlling some temperatures or behaviour. We can manage the reliability. This time it did OK [mileage wise], but still we are having some issues for reliability."

Knowing that a grid penalty in this race would spell disaster for McLaren's prospects of scoring points at the circuit where it stands its best chance yet in 2017, Honda was initially reluctant to change engine parts.

But after discussing the situation "very carefully" with McLaren, Honda decided it was "too risky" to attempt to make the original component last the distance.

"After running FP2 we normally check every rotation part – engine, MGU-H – and we saw the MGU-H rotating a little bit odd for a normal situation," Hasegawa explained.

"It's not completely strange, but the mechanics felt some friction. When we have a complete MGU-H failure, the MGU-H turbine is completely stuck. Seized. This time there is not such a problem, but the mechanics could feel some resistance.

"We discussed things with the Japanese side and we decide to change on Friday morning. That is a 100,000rpm part, and if we feel something strange, it never lasts. It had some chance, but it's not worth it."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-honda-engine-mghu-last-two-races-911390/

No poo poo.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Fernando is hugging his $5,000 check from a bunch of Indiana Cow Farmers right now

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Just need a half second now and I'll be solid midfield.

Imagine if you didn't have your MCLRN-KRT, you'd be on front row.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Alonso is just going to not come back

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

Imagine if you didn't have your MCLRN-KRT, you'd be on front row.

I did get called out by a friend who pointed out I was the only one on the grid on old tires anf told me to "Just buy the loving tires"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This 24 hours thing is full of poo poo rookies and frauds finding new and interesting ways to bin it.

Jesus: that Audi driver is insane.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 27, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm late but holy poo poo KIMI! :swoon:

lolhamilton

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

1500quidporsche posted:

I did get called out by a friend who pointed out I was the only one on the grid on old tires anf told me to "Just buy the loving tires"

When is your race, tomorrow?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

He's right.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Are the NBC guys actually at the race this time or are they in front of a green screen?

They were there in person for Monaco and later Texas last year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He's not wrong. But I'm stubborn as heck.

LochNessMonster posted:

When is your race, tomorrow?

In about 15 minutes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

In about 15 minutes.

Win or don't come back.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

In about 15 minutes.

just enough time to steal somebody else's wheels off the grid.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Kimi7iceman/status/868464365418270724

Also

Powershift posted:

Win or don't come back.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Do we need a GoFundMe for 1500's tires?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

wicka posted:

Do we need a GoFundMe for 1500's tires?

Haha, i' donate a fiver if I could design my sponsorship patch :D

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Worst thread sponsorship deal.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Okay I have the time just not the horsepower also the tires went off after five laps and I bent my chain sprocket slightly from overdriving.

E:Also I'll wear whatever poo poo you want as a patch if you give me tires.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Time to design the "Number 1 Raceist" badge.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Okay I have the time just not the horsepower also the tires went off after five laps and I bent my chain sprocket slightly from overdriving.

E:Also I'll wear whatever poo poo you want as a patch if you give me tires.

We need to make you a Worst Thread gang tag for you to run.

Also, just buy the tyres dawg.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll chip in for some kart tires if you race in a full wolf outfit and tell everyone you are the Racing Furry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Hexyflexy posted:

Haha, i' donate a fiver if I could design my sponsorship patch :D

Holy poo poo I'm in too

• Locked thread