Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
Ariana grande was the one who was publicly salty iggy azalea of all people didn't make a poo poo ton of public statements about BLM or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Why should I care? Looks like a lovely pedo muslim to me. It could be the pedo prophet. How do you feel about your pedo prophet?

that was over a thousand years ago, lol, calling him a pedo over and over doesn't make you sound edgy, just ignorant of history. looks like somebody has some growing up to do.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Agag posted:

We should feel bad about the Crusades because the Crusaders were loving losers who got their asses kicked, but only after the murdered and raped a bunch of Muslim, Jewish, and Orthodox Christian civilians. The Ottomans were just returning the favor. That's why the modern Muslim-hating crowd is more into defensive wars like the siege of Vienna and Lepanto.
Moorish incursions into Christendom way preceded the Crusades. Besides that, it's not as though the First Crusade was some unprovoked act of aggression against an unsuspecting region.

You can play the blame game all day, but it is a boring game with no winner.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm a classical liberal, it's just that I would rather side with Republicans because I really hate the SJWs that took over my party because their level of bigotry approaches that of white nationalists and they have betrayed the core liberal ideals that I hold dear

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Piss de Bundy posted:

that was over a thousand years ago, lol, calling him a pedo over and over doesn't make you sound edgy, just ignorant of history. looks like somebody has some growing up to do.

why do you defend a pedophile warlord? sad.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
"please please please look over here! don't look at islam or it's insanely fascistic prescriptions or the myriad of ways it's doctrines are directly implemented in societies that dwarf anyone else on earth at this moment in terms of flagrant human rights abuses; white people are bad too!!"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
old GBS would have hooked me up with gore on page 1 :colbert:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The solution is more bloodshed

the gods are waking and they are thirsty

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OA_TU_XD0

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

You need to pick more fights with the hill voters.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Snatch Duster posted:

You need to pick more fights with the hill voters.

i posted in a d&d thread asking why a global economic crash would be a bad thing, that filled me up for a few days

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

Rotten.com doesn't have any up yet so no one will have them up.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm a classical liberal, it's just that I would rather side with Republicans because I really hate the SJWs that took over my party because their level of bigotry approaches that of white nationalists and they have betrayed the core liberal ideals that I hold dear

Lol what a loving pussy

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Yeah, that guys a real girly bitch for standing up for his principles. :shrug:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

i lol'd

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

the trump tutelage posted:

Moorish incursions into Christendom way preceded the Crusades. Besides that, it's not as though the First Crusade was some unprovoked act of aggression against an unsuspecting region.

You can play the blame game all day, but it is a boring game with no winner.

I wasn't blaming anyone. Just pointing out that the Crusaders were losers. And rapists/murderers, but that's a given when we're talking about wars.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

the only reason christians still exist in the middle east to be 1% of the population period is because of the crusades.

Nope. They existed because Islamic states always had laws protecting religious minorities. They held out until the mid 20th century, when ethnic cleansing became popular.

The Crusaders "helped" Jews and Eastern Christians in the Holy Land by raping and murdering them.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

yeah but on the other hand now they are starting to organize and talk about fighting back, and are gaining political traction in doing so

I'm not sure which of the two scenarios you find pleasing, if it's the first it's only going to result in you regretting the second a whole bunch

I think there's going to be a lot of pointless killing either way, but at the end of the day there will still be Christians and Muslims. We'll all just live in a shittier world.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Agag posted:

Nope. They existed because Islamic states always had laws protecting religious minorities. They held out until the mid 20th century, when ethnic cleansing became popular.

The Crusaders "helped" Jews and Eastern Christians in the Holy Land by raping and murdering them.

so in three posts you summarized that everyone is bad in a way that avoids confronting who is worse, but then one of your posts vaguely admits that islam was "good" (child rape excluded?) before any of us were born?

hmmmm yeah it only became about it's own text recently, so lets just say they're about the same, all religions are the same *sets the actual data on fire and posts three more times as a distraction*

everyone...has always been equally bad, let's not measure evil folks

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Stop posting

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Secular Humanist posted:

"please please please look over here! don't look at islam or it's insanely fascistic prescriptions or the myriad of ways it's doctrines are directly implemented in societies that dwarf anyone else on earth at this moment in terms of flagrant human rights abuses; white people are bad too!!"

Islamic states have been pretty violent historically. Not quite as bad as Christian and atheist states, but still very bad.

Surprise 4th place spot to Tengrism. :black101:

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

revmoo posted:

Stop posting

:justpost:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
a team of spies and researchers have just determined which group is most likely to obtain a loose nuke and attempt to end human civilization, also killing countless billions of other species as the environment is destr-----

HAVE YA EVER READ ABOUT NERO? DID YA EVEN PAY UH TENTION IN HISTORY CLASS? NERO WAS BAD!!!!!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Secular Humanist posted:

our way of life owns and so does our warlord, sorry you hate strong families and women who are feminine~~~~~

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Maybe people would have an easier time seeing your side of things if you didn't behave like a relentlessly stupid prick

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

extra stout posted:

so in three posts you summarized that everyone is bad in a way that avoids confronting who is worse, but then one of your posts vaguely admits that islam was "good" (child rape excluded?) before any of us were born?

hmmmm yeah it only became about it's own text recently, so lets just say they're about the same, all religions are the same *sets the actual data on fire and posts three more times as a distraction*

everyone...has always been equally bad, let's not measure evil folks

What?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I hear Kanye is jealous of all the free PR Ariana is getting that he is planning TWO bombs as his next concert.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

"Islam is categorically a terror cult" is a moronic opinion, as is "actually Christianity is every bit as much of a terror cult, well you see because of the Crusades". They are both very, very stupid opinions. It is stupid to pretend that Christians have always been more tolerant than Muslims, because that is obviously not true across space and time, just as it is also stupid to pretend that, say, Jews have always had this blissful existence when under Muslim rule. You can't cherry-pick the Golden Age as being the "natural order of things" any more than you can cherry-pick intolerant places and eras and pretend that that's the natural order of things.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

TheWeepingHorse posted:

"Islam is categorically a terror cult" is a moronic opinion, as is "actually Christianity is every bit as much of a terror cult, well you see because of the Crusades". They are both very, very stupid opinions. It is stupid to pretend that Christians have always been more tolerant than Muslims, because that is obviously not true across space and time, just as it is also stupid to pretend that, say, Jews have always had this blissful existence when under Muslim rule. You can't cherry-pick the Golden Age as being the "natural order of things" any more than you can cherry-pick intolerant places and eras and pretend that that's the natural order of things.

To me it comes down to two things:

1. You can't effectively argue that Muslims or Islam constitute some uniquely awful group of human beings, and

2. Even if you could show that they were, and everybody else could be convinced that they were, there's still nothing anybody could do about it.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

The problem is that the retarded muslims think he is the perfect example to follow. Even today. No! He was a vile pedo swine. A true subhuman in all his behavior. Don't you agree?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can't tell the ironic from careposting from shitposting anymore.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

PathAsc posted:

I can't tell the ironic from careposting from shitposting anymore.

If the post tells the truth about islam but the poster is not probated or banned you know it is poo poo posting

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

In the land of the ironic, we are all sincere

My guy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheWeepingHorse posted:

That's just human beings acting like human beings you dumbass.

If you want to argue about actual religion you gotta trot out some actual doctrines, not just stuff you thought up while smoking weed.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Sky god no real so all bad actions in name of sky god are 2x as bad because of being done for no reason.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Heinz Hynkel posted:

The problem is that the retarded muslims think he is the perfect example to follow. Even today. No! He was a vile pedo swine. A true subhuman in all his behavior. Don't you agree?

no actually he was really cool and good and had many wives and lots of friends

Beer Hall Putz
Sep 10, 2005

Unpleasent snacking

Agag posted:

1. You can't effectively argue that Muslims or Islam constitute some uniquely awful group of human beings, and

2. Even if you could show that they were, and everybody else could be convinced that they were, there's still nothing anybody could do about it.

Islam seems unique in it's ability to motivate none-trivial numbers of disaffected losers into murder-suicide. Sikhs and Hare Krishnas aren't conveying to young men, that killing themselves will relieve the pain of their lives and reward them with women/status in the afterlife. Imams are clearly trying to push a more positive narrative for their worshippers, however the lure of violence to secure a better future is appealing enough to create these incidents. All the Abrahamic faiths have a problem with grievance culture, but only one has a chip on it's shoulder against still-existing opponents from the Middle Ages. Islam is clearly a specific problem as a motivating factor for grievance and violence.

Solutions aren't easy, but limiting immigration, more aggressive secularisation and additional mentoring support for young men in Muslim communities may be a sensible start?

Doing nothing and hoping the problem solves itself clearly isn't working, and electorates seem to be (slowly) running out of patience.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Agag posted:

👏 assim 👏 ilate 👏 or leave 👏👏

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

👏 assim 👏 ilate 👏 or leave 👏👏

Yeah, ultimately, what it comes down to is the fact that our culture is better than theirs is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Guys how do we stop crazy young men from adhering to violent and socially retrograde ideologies?

Wait we can't? It's physically impossible to combat caustic ideologues and keeping them from abusing the mentally ill into murder-suicides? Well OK I guess we will just let kids get nail bombed forever, it's a small price to pay for religious people not feeling bad.

• Locked thread