Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

yeah p much this

trump has charisma, and the sort of charisma that works. Trump makes you feel what he feels. Hes attacked, you are attacked.

christ, i cant even imagine what that would be like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Vox Nihili posted:

christ, i cant even imagine what that would be like

feels good man

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

It's weird to see Labour doing well (well, better than expected and rising) in all the polls but then see the Ashcroft prediction still be Tories +66 seats & Labour be -52

But then how you get stats like this or make polls accurate is voodoo to me anyway so whatever I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://dashboards.lordashcroftpoll...9%B9%BC&RpId=25
(Methodology: http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2017/05/election-2017-ashcroft-model/ )

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Stabbatical posted:

It's weird to see Labour doing well (well, better than expected and rising) in all the polls but then see the Ashcroft prediction still be Tories +66 seats & Labour be -52

But then how you get stats like this or make polls accurate is voodoo to me anyway so whatever I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Methodology: http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2017/05/election-2017-ashcroft-model/ )

Remember they're still behind overall and uniform gains are really unlikely; certain types of people will be changing their mind and those sorts of people live in particular areas so some areas will be heavily Labour to the tune of tens of thousands of votes but still only get them 1 seat.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I sent you that picture for your private use baloo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stabbatical posted:

Ashcroft also said that only 30% of 18-24 year olds voted in the EU referendum when it was actually around 65%.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/unrepentantmess/status/868405647167172608

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

:thunk:

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Ashcroft also said that only 30% of 18-24 year olds voted in the EU referendum when it was actually around 65%.

I remember hearing that young peeps didn't vote but then that they actually did but never saw the source for the latter claim so I'm in limbo on it

Plus the only guy I know who really likes Ashcroft polling is also into libertarianism, the Adam Smith Institute, and CapX so I'm thinking that polling/the new Ashcroft Model might be somewhat skewered toward certain views - maybe that's unfair

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
THE FUTURUE LIES WITH THE LIEB:love:DEMS

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
ashcroft is a tory lord who was promised a position by cameron after the general election and when cameron decided against it he published the biography that includes the pig loving story

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hamprince has posted some proper stupid stuff before but being pro murdoch is definitely the worst

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

ashcroft is a tory lord who was promised a position by cameron after the general election and when cameron decided against it he published the biography that includes the pig loving story

r u srs defending cameron?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

no just letting people know who ashcroft is. he's a hero for that story

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
o okay
yeh i wouldn't want my leader to have hosed a pig, justin trudeau has liekly not hosed a dead pig's mouth. may hasn't either. corbyn... well... boy, I don't know.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

corbyn gets around. he was in a relationship with the woman who is shadow home secretary back in the 70s and divorced one wife over arguments about the kids going to private education

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jose posted:

hamprince has posted some proper stupid stuff before but being pro murdoch is definitely the worst

hamprince said the day of nov 8th after reality hit that he still thought hillary did a good job :smugdon:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
THE SECRET TO LIEB :love: DEM SUCCESS REVEALED WITH A PREFACE BY MICHAEL ALEXANDER BROWN

Top City Homo has issued a correction as of 17:53 on May 27, 2017

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Jose posted:

corbyn gets around. he was in a relationship with the woman who is shadow home secretary back in the 70s and divorced one wife over arguments about the kids going to private education

iirc it wasn't even private school, it was grammar school

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Top City Homo posted:

THE SECRET TO LIEB :love: DEM SUCCESS REVEALED WITH A PREFACE BY MICHAEL ALEXANDER BROWN

Orb... C-Orb...?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CORB

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Corbyn owns, hes just some old guy who makes jam and doesnt even eat it and hes driving the whole political establishment totally spare

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Can't ORB the CORB

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

and i must meme posted:

iirc it wasn't even private school, it was grammar school

Grammar schools are a worse concept than private schools tbh

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/DannyDeVito/status/868498673872891904

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Danny DeVito rules

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Danny DeVito rules

devito/cher 2020

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Danny DeVito rules

undeniably true

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Bryter posted:

why they bad

i only know there was some weird 3 tier system where upper middle and or middle class people went to grammar schools

rich people went to their rich people boarding schools

poor people went to vocational institutes and everyone else went to state schools

and apparently only the grammar schools got funding or something

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
One of the things I remember my parents telling me about the old system was a test they made you take very early on in life that was easily 'game-able' if you had enough money for study material/private tutors or if your parents had the free time to tutor you. If you failed it you got sent to the poo poo-tier schools that had zero funding, and it was just blatantly a trick to weed out the poor from education.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Corbmentum

The Corn Corbs

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pierson posted:

One of the things I remember my parents telling me about the old system was a test they made you take very early on in life that was easily 'game-able' if you had enough money for study material/private tutors or if your parents had the free time to tutor you. If you failed it you got sent to the poo poo-tier schools that had zero funding, and it was just blatantly a trick to weed out the poor from education.

its cool cause it basically takes class a given

we need 25% to be employers and 75% to take poo poo for the rest of their life to support capitalism

let's just make it blatant

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bryter posted:

corbyn went to a grammar school himself heh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
when he himself is made of carbon

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i went to a grammar school and now im idi amin

wouldn't recommend it

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
when I was in school they assigned us into groups ('houses') named after saints and we got points throughout the year which we traded in for ??????????

i'm not sure if it was meant to make us competitive against our fellow man or what

Pierson has issued a correction as of 21:19 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lorn Wayne posted:

i went to a grammar school and now im idi amin

wouldn't recommend it

I saw the movie