Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I tried finding information about it, but I kept finding information about how to take screenshots. So how do you snap shot. Move the mouse a little when you shoot? Like putting english on a shot in Golden Tee?

Snap shotting is when you shoot before aiming in fully, or in lieu of stopping to aim in fully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Few months ago I snap shot some LT in my Type 4 derp gun from near maximum render range. If I one shot him I would of posted it but bullshit giveth bullshit taketh away via tracks.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The weird thing is, I think if Wargaming teamed up with Thrustmaster or Logitech again and sold a "shooting pedal," there's a semi-decent chance that it might improve accuracy. Using the mouse but not needing to click it to fire would remove that very subtle push forward that comes with each click, or the occasional microshove that comes when you're all ~jacked up~.

That's why you bind fire key to voice recognition everytime you yell "gently caress"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I tried finding information about it, but I kept finding information about how to take screenshots. So how do you snap shot. Move the mouse a little when you shoot? Like putting english on a shot in Golden Tee?

Here's a visual aid

not all snapshots are like this but most are!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 26, 2017

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MariusLecter posted:

That's why you bind fire key to voice recognition everytime you yell "gently caress"

Brb doing this on the 13 57

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Hellsau posted:

Lol na west

Even though it'd hurt my ping, I'd much rather they move the servers to somewhere in the middle of the US, like Kansas, remove USW and USE and just have a single server. We barely have enough players to justify one server as it is. This would also allow them to pick a new backbone provider, avoiding some of the awful packet loss issues plaguing many players.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Okay, so the turret doesn't HAVE to be rotating. Just from experience it feels like the least accurate shot in the game is stationary and 75-90% aimed.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hellsau posted:

After the ludicrous snapshots I've pulled in the O-I, T49 or that really dumb time I just snapshotted an RU-251 with my IS-6 to win a close stronghold fight, I have no room to complain. I wish #snapshotmeta didn't exist but it does and choosing to aim your shots is usually a mistake.

Lol na west

Hell, a lot of the time I snapshot the S-51 I manage a hit. I let that bitch aim and for some reason half the shots land just close enough to stun a few seconds. And if there's rocky terrain, forget it. Snap shot it or you will hit the rocks every time

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

CompeAnansi posted:

Even though it'd hurt my ping, I'd much rather they move the servers to somewhere in the middle of the US, like Kansas, remove USW and USE and just have a single server. We barely have enough players to justify one server as it is. This would also allow them to pick a new backbone provider, avoiding some of the awful packet loss issues plaguing many players.

Heh, half the time their servers now can barely hold traffic at low periods. They're just gonna go with the dirt gently caress cheapest system they can which means the game would be a slog for everyone all the time

honestly I wish they'd get a new south america server or something. I get tired of having teams that are mostly Spanish speaking so you can't communicate

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MariusLecter posted:

Someone already thought of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kBMscW_dVg&t=412s

More specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kBMscW_dVg&t=469s

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Brb doing this on the 13 57

:staredog: People are going to think you have Tourette's.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

SocketWrench posted:

honestly I wish they'd get a new south america server or something. I get tired of having teams that are mostly Spanish speaking so you can't communicate

Or win

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

SocketWrench posted:

I'm convinced that no one's told the Brazilians that things like Skype have been invented, and they don't have to use online games to find people who can speak their weirder, more vowel-ey Spanish.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

My buddy that plays heavy tanks 90% of the time quit. I'm sure he'll be back at some point, they always are. His reason? Arty changes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

My buddy that plays heavy tanks 90% of the time quit. I'm sure he'll be back at some point, they always are. His reason? Arty changes.

Tbf I get games like this far more than before the changes.

I was so close to that medal for killing the last enemy with your last shell that game. Left him on 112hp.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

Tbf I get games like this far more than before the changes.

I was so close to that medal for killing the last enemy with your last shell that game. Left him on 112hp.

Like I'd be playing a lot more Tanks if we could platoon artillery. I'd be helping Exia grind out his tier 9s while raining death and stun on everything in front of him. Artillery is incredibly powerful right now because it has the same or better damage output that it used to, just averaged out through its games, and also stuns things.

but alas

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SocketWrench posted:

Lol dude, try playing on the EU server. Every motherfucker is convinced that their pissant little language is The True Tongue and English is some sort of outlandish moonspeak.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Man, nothing hoses the old WR quite like a draw.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

To be honest, I'm glad arty is in the game, because otherwise I'd probably play it a lot more.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Someone needs to gif or record the last bit of this game, where my kv-4, an e-75, and a VKB shove a Maus head over heels backwards (and also flip the VKB)

http://wotreplays.com/site/3612436#fjords-steelion-kv-4

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

http://wotreplays.com/site/3612493

This is the best SU-101 game I or any of you will ever have. This tank is garbage.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3612493

This is the best SU-101 game I or any of you will ever have. This tank is garbage.

Every TD that doesn't have great DPM, a turret, and travels 50+KPH are garbage.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

He's not wrong, arty is the ultimate troll now.
Track/crit/stun/damage
Crit/stun/damage
stun
stun
track/stun/damage
crit/track/stun/damage
crit/stun/damage
dead

it's not just kill, rage, move on. Now it's annoy, annoy, annoy, annoy, annoy, kill, rage, move on.

I'm kind of amazed how many high tier arty players are just dumb. When i get spotted I relocate. I see tons of arty players that get spotted and just sit there waiting for the other team's arty to gently caress'em

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

He's not wrong, arty is the ultimate troll now.
Track/crit/stun/damage
Crit/stun/damage
stun
stun
track/stun/damage
crit/track/stun/damage
crit/stun/damage
dead

it's not just kill, rage, move on. Now it's annoy, annoy, annoy, annoy, annoy, kill, rage, move on.

I'm kind of amazed how many high tier arty players are just dumb. When i get spotted I relocate. I see tons of arty players that get spotted and just sit there waiting for the other team's arty to gently caress'em

They may not have 6th sense. My 212 is still 5 points short after all these years. Of course I got it when it was a T7.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^I don't either, but when you know you are, like when their poo poo rolls right within your view range, or you suddenly start taking fire. These idiots just sit there and take it till they die

Nordick posted:

Lol dude, try playing on the EU server. Every motherfucker is convinced that their pissant little language is The True Tongue and English is some sort of outlandish moonspeak.

Yeah, but Euro wise, isn't everyone over there taught multiple languages or English? If so it's just the players not choosing to care and being dicks. These are players that legit don't know any language but their native one, most of the time suck, and when you try to help them they don't know what you're saying.
Watched a KV-1 on Airfield the other day that was stupid enough towards the end to go camp the south hill the lights fight over with two E25s and an arty in play on the other team. I tried to tell them to get off the hill, the E25s will spot him because he's blind and if arty doesn't gently caress him, they certainly will. The only reply was "spanish" and died about a minute later when the E25s shot spammed him

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 27, 2017

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Having something taught in school doesn't mean everybody will learn it, sadly. :v: And I have no idea how much schools in all the various European countries teach English anyway. Or used to teach back when any given player was still in school. And another factor is how much people are exposed to English in everyday life, like through TV etc. The end result is that if you pick a random EU tanks player, it's a complete crapshoot whether they know English adequately or not.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

Like I'd be playing a lot more Tanks if we could platoon artillery. I'd be helping Exia grind out his tier 9s while raining death and stun on everything in front of him. Artillery is incredibly powerful right now because it has the same or better damage output that it used to, just averaged out through its games, and also stuns things.

but alas

The extra splash and aim time reduction is what made the difference. Also the ability to kill tanks behind a rock which is funny as gently caress. You're absolutely right about the damage output too. The damage is far more reliable now, which means I actually feel like I'm contributing to the team. Smacking 4 tanks on a corner with one shell is also brilliant.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Stopped playing randoms for now and have just spazzed around in Tier VI Skirmishes. My WR stops suffering that way, although I still have to put up with the same mongo mindset which sees useless poo poo like the O-I picked over a fast medium.

Edit:
Went back to play a couple of Random Battles and wish I hadn't bothered. Insufferably loving awful teams, over and over again. How the gently caress does a team manage to lose 5 tanks in one minute?

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 27, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

How the gently caress does a team manage to lose 5 tanks in one minute?

"Gotta get my kills!"

Figures, come here all full of myself for doing 2k damage with a unicorn consistantly, Did poo poo last night because I spent more time repositioning than shooting. Either the flank would crumble* or we'd lose two tanks on a flank and they'd all run to the the other to cower. Never been so happy I did the track and engine upgrade before as I was on this thing to bug out.

*Like Abby where a couple TDs and an arty were all that defended the river road, but rather than find good spots they camped just beyond the corner to leave the spawn on the south, so they had no cover or defense when the heavy and mediums popped out. The whole time they're bitching in chat they don't have enough support. I could have offered a bunch, but they decided to camp near base rather than spot in any way so by the time the enemy showed I had no clear area to fire. So I moved to the west where our guys were rolling their team and turned to shoot a Chrysler entering our base, then kept moving. He managed to tag me once before I got behind the hills and didn't chase for some reason. I did my best from there to keep resetting the cap, but no one came to help, they all wanted to take the other base but then only one capped while the others dicked around

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just as a PSA: Equipment is 50% off.

I just dumped 3 million credits on current equipment and future equipment.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nothing winds me up more in this game is your team mates poking out into the enemies TD's and artillery instead of letting the enemy tanks come round the corner instead. I can repeatedly say 'let them come round so the 4 td's can hit them' and nope they still keep poking one at a time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Nothing winds me up more in this game is your team mates poking out into the enemies TD's and artillery instead of letting the enemy tanks come round the corner instead. I can repeatedly say 'let them come round so the 4 td's can hit them' and nope they still keep poking one at a time.

Missing fully aimed shots is my #1, but that is a close second.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Goddamn, the Russian stream is on with 46k viewers and it's one of the top games on Twitch for once. English stream has... ~7k, lol.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

McGavin posted:

Missing fully aimed shots is my #1, but that is a close second.

'Are you serious?' - Fully aimed German Skorpion shot at less than 200m distance going at least 12m too high. 'Are you loving SERIOUS' - The second shot going into the dirt in front of them. 'Lmao' - max view range snap shot that high rolls the damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

thylacine posted:

Goddamn, the Russian stream is on with 46k viewers and it's one of the top games on Twitch for once. English stream has... ~7k, lol.

I'm going to assume the Russian stream has actually useful commentators.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Which gun do you guys like on the O-ho?

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I just played a game where it comes down to me and a 450 wn8 kv1-s verse 7 enemies. I gave up on winning so I went and killed arti while the kv-1s kills manages to have the game of his life. He dies to a Chaffee after getting 8 kills. It's the only ace tanker the guy has ever had in 3000 games.

Oh and it turns out the luch with the single shot cannon will kill a Chaffee in a head on fight. Checked the stats and the tier 4 luch is the same or better than the Chaffee in every category except pen and alpha 2kmh slower better view range and way better DPM and only a few less hitpoints.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Azhais posted:

15 CM HOWITZER ALL THE WAY BABBY

track and do damage to absolutely everything no matter how much armor they have!

Tracking heavies with the O-Ho has p much become my favorite thing to do :shrug:

and I just love seeing all the crits from the howitzer

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Azhais posted:

What Handed Missus said. The howitzer is the only consistently viable option, and it's fun to boot. the 10cm has no gold round (lol) and so you're turbo-hosed when you're not top-tier. Quickybaby will tell you that the 10cm is totally an option and then show you three ace tanker matches where he's top tier. Good job.

With the howitzer, you have options against EVERY target you see, and you rack up so many bruiser medals through gratuitous amounts of module damage. If your artillery isn't poo poo, you have the added option of tracking the few heavily-armored targets that have some resistance against your 15cm, to immobilize them for a quick one-two hit by you and arty.

Just make sure to get acclimated to the decrease in gun depression across your frontal hull, because it's 2-3 degrees less than the 10cm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

A Handed Missus posted:

15 CM HOWITZER ALL THE WAY BABBY

track and do damage to absolutely everything no matter how much armor they have!

Tracking heavies with the O-Ho has p much become my favorite thing to do :shrug:

and I just love seeing all the crits from the howitzer

the 15cm howizter , the one you get on the type 4 and 5 heavy is also just funny and just as worth contender, the heavy tanks might be thicker with armour, but you won'r care when they attempt to side scrap against you