Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kithkar posted:

NOW WITH KNEES.
need knees if you want to do some power squatting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

All of your favorite characters have now gone through the Embiggening, pre-order their new Primaris versions now!

I really do think it would have been better to simply openly release these new models as updated marines. Call them MkX Tactical marines or whatever, but trying to stretch the background to make 2 different types of superhuman supersoldiers interesting is an uphill struggle. Just as the old-style marines are unlikely to get any future releases, it's hard to imagine any fictional reasons why even the idiot humans of the far future would keep training and producing their second rate astartes instead of just embiggening even the smallest man.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

TTerrible posted:

Where did you see this reported?

My GW source told me.

It was someone on the retail side of the business, don't know the name. But it happened in the last few days.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Who is Lady Atia and why do I care?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Thundercloud posted:

My GW source told me.

It was someone on the retail side of the business, don't know the name. But it happened in the last few days.

Surprising. She was live blogging from WHFest today. I wonder if she'll do any tomorrow :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who is Lady Atia and why do I care?

One of the most reliable rumour people ever.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I was convinced she was in fulfilment and logistics, but retail makes sense too, I guess.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Yeast posted:

I was convinced she was in fulfilment and logistics, but retail makes sense too, I guess.

She seemed to get stuff months ahead, way more than run of the mill store managers do. Perhaps a regional or something.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

TTerrible posted:

She seemed to get stuff months ahead, way more than run of the mill store managers do. Perhaps a regional or something.

Or retail support, based out of Head Office, but technically still 'retail'

The information was crazy accurate, right down to the prices.

Either way - damnit.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Well at least the dude who leaked pics of plastic Demon Prince Mortarion months ago is still out there, right?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
With Atia gone I don't think there is a reliable rumourmonger out there anymore. Hastings and Harry but they are usually very vague and don't really have details.

Atia was huge.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

chutche2 posted:

Does the imperium know about genestealer cults

It seems like they could take advantage of them by luring tyranids to worlds and then virus bombing them to deny biomass and make therm waste a bunch

Yeah as said they're known among the Inquisition and Deathwatch, one was even found and believed to be rooted out on Holy Tera.

Virus bombs are bad ideas against Tyranids though, you kill a bunch but then they adapt and start using it as a weapon against you.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I don't think we've heard anything, but just in case: do we know if grey knights are getting bigmars?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Khisanth Magus posted:

I don't think we've heard anything, but just in case: do we know if grey knights are getting bigmars?

I think it's safe to assume everyone is.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Man I can't believe people were throwing "rape" into a discussion of Genestealer Cults, the only faction in the game (other than Orks) who know the concept of love and family, but because their families don't fit into a conventional box we have to assume it's nonconsentual victimization like a bunch of GSCERFs.

Posted from my Tumblr.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
So with Magnus out and Mortarian all but confirmed, is it safe to say that Fulgrim and Angron (ie, the other God-specific Primarchs) are next for team Chaos? And what's the odds-on favorite next Loyalist Primarch after the Lion returns?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

TKIY posted:

With Atia gone I don't think there is a reliable rumourmonger out there anymore. Hastings and Harry but they are usually very vague and don't really have details.

Atia was huge.

Harry and Hastings have both taken breaks for a while, and while they knew the stuff the studio was doing, when it was actually coming out was an entirely different thing. Since the death of Warseer Hastings has been active mainly in the comments on Atia's blog, and has even started getting into AoS.

However there isn't a huge amount of point to rumours too far out. Would it benefit anyone to know GW plan three new armies during this edition, and one will be non-Imperial humans? When there isn't going to be anything this year resulting from that?

Stuff like a £20 mini starter for 8th ed 40k is a good rumour and it was discussed at the all managers meeting in Nottingham earlier this week, but since it isn't coming out in the next three months, does knowing they'll do it at some point in the future change anything you'd do, particularly as it will have the free rules in plus a campaign book and data sheets for the contents?

The bigly marines are out in July - Troop types, character blisters, new dreadnought.
Deathguard and Nurgle is out in August - Mortarian, Typhus, Plague Terminators, Plague Marines, giant slug beast thing, another demon engine. It's a lot of releases to turn them into a distinct and really good faction.

But beyond that does it really matter an awful lot? GW are doing much better rumours and marketing now. We know Shadespire is coming in the last quarter of the year, we know there'll be a plastic Elf Union team for Blood Bowl and that Blood Bowl has been such a huge success that more expansions have been greenlit.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

susan posted:

So with Magnus out and Mortarian all but confirmed, is it safe to say that Fulgrim and Angron (ie, the other God-specific Primarchs) are next for team Chaos? And what's the odds-on favorite next Loyalist Primarch after the Lion returns?

Angron is next and will be coming out with the Armageddon campaign book, and more plastic orks (Ghazgull for one) as well as plastic World Eaters. Khorne are in a fairly good position as all their demons are out and in plastic, as is Kharn, so cultist, marine and terminator boxes round out most of what they need.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Thundercloud posted:

Harry and Hastings have both taken breaks for a while, and while they knew the stuff the studio was doing, when it was actually coming out was an entirely different thing. Since the death of Warseer Hastings has been active mainly in the comments on Atia's blog, and has even started getting into AoS.

However there isn't a huge amount of point to rumours too far out. Would it benefit anyone to know GW plan three new armies during this edition, and one will be non-Imperial humans? When there isn't going to be anything this year resulting from that?

Stuff like a £20 mini starter for 8th ed 40k is a good rumour and it was discussed at the all managers meeting in Nottingham earlier this week, but since it isn't coming out in the next three months, does knowing they'll do it at some point in the future change anything you'd do, particularly as it will have the free rules in plus a campaign book and data sheets for the contents?

The bigly marines are out in July - Troop types, character blisters, new dreadnought.
Deathguard and Nurgle is out in August - Mortarian, Typhus, Plague Terminators, Plague Marines, giant slug beast thing, another demon engine. It's a lot of releases to turn them into a distinct and really good faction.

But beyond that does it really matter an awful lot? GW are doing much better rumours and marketing now. We know Shadespire is coming in the last quarter of the year, we know there'll be a plastic Elf Union team for Blood Bowl and that Blood Bowl has been such a huge success that more expansions have been greenlit.

Those are some good points tbh. The rumour site system only got as big as it got because GW was stuck in it's ivory tower period until recently. You could get serious page-clicks from nerds if you had any sort of credibility, now GW's doing it themselves and generally being a lot more open about what's going down so it takes the wind out of the rumour site sails.

When I went down to Nottingham the last couple of attempts I tried at scoring a job with the Community team, the topic of the rumour sites kept on being brought up. I think for a while they've been wanting to harness the hype those sites can build, and now have the framework to do so without them.

Also good about the rumour sites getting less influence: I won't loving have to hear "OH DID YOU SEE THIS *bullshit rumour* ON WARSEER/SPIKEY BITZ? EVERYTHING'S RUINED FOREVER" from dipshits ever again... or at least a lot lot less.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 28, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well it's sort of a weird situation. They infect the target. Who then desires to have children. (Lots of them are unaware they are infected or are genestealers) So they go off and tend to find a partner. (Unless the person infected was a rapist its unlikely they would resort to that. As they don't tend to know about the problem at this stage and so act like normal.)

I think that's the sticking point for some people, the DNA rewrite of the target involves some low grade mind control abilities to make finding a partner easier. If that's a step too far for some people I'm not going fault them for it, as long they don't fault me for ignoring it and playing the army because I like the models.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

susan posted:

And what's the odds-on favorite next Loyalist Primarch after the Lion returns?

Leman Russ.

(Awwwwuuuuuuu)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

susan posted:

My money is Russ

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think that's the sticking point for some people, the DNA rewrite of the target involves some low grade mind control abilities to make finding a partner easier. If that's a step too far for some people I'm not going fault them for it, as long they don't fault me for ignoring it and playing the army because I like the models.

Something that the infected is not even aware of interestingly enough which is why it's sort of a weird place. Like up until the hybrid baby is born they just think they found a good partner to spend their life with a nice upcoming baby. Not even aware that they are now mutants and that subconsciously support the Genestealers and are about to become cultists once the baby comes.

It's kind of a lovely and sad thing.

The Genestealer Cults are not even aware that the Tyrinids are also planning to eat them as well, and will take control of their beloved purestrain parents and children have them start eating them as well once they view their usefulness has passed. Appearntly the Cults are shocked and terrified once this happens.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 28, 2017

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Corax, so he can bitchslap Guiliman while shouting "I said Nevermore."

Also, genestealer fluff is cool and good. I really enjoy the whole using a host organism as a parasitic carrier thing. It's very much like those worms/fungi that mind control the host into doing things just so that the parasite can reproduce. (though, admittedly, a little less creepy than the real life examples of this.)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

SteelMentor posted:

Those are some good points tbh. The rumour site system only got as big as it got because GW was stuck in it's ivory tower period until recently. You could get serious page-clicks from nerds if you had any sort of credibility, now GW's doing it themselves and generally being a lot more open about what's going down so it takes the wind out of the rumour site sails.

When I went down to Nottingham the last couple of attempts I tried at scoring a job with the Community team, the topic of the rumour sites kept on being brought up. I think for a while they've been wanting to harness the hype those sites can build, and now have the framework to do so without them.

Also good about the rumour sites getting less influence: I won't loving have to hear "OH DID YOU SEE THIS *bullshit rumour* ON WARSEER/SPIKEY BITZ? EVERYTHING'S RUINED FOREVER" from dipshits ever again... or at least a lot lot less.

A couple years back I talked a lot with my friends about how GW shunning social media and allowing rumor sites to run wild with their only official information pipeline being leaked copies of WD was one of their biggest mistakes in terms of keeping people actually interested and engaged in the hobby, and it feels surreal how they basically took that criticism that I (And many, many others) made to heart and made Actual Changes towards how they released information and engaged with the community.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's kind of a lovely and sad thing.

The Genestealer Cults are not even aware that the Tyrinids are also planning to eat them as well, and will take control of their beloved purestrain parents and children have them start eating them as well once they view their usefulness has passed. Appearntly the Cults are shocked and terrified once this happens.

Even sadder is the recent fluff seemed to add the idea that the pure strains actually do care for their parents. Until the hive fleet shows up and erases all traces of their individuality.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I wish they'd give us Vulkan. Guilliman and Russ are lame.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I saw the Primarus Captain today as well as the big bad Death Guard guy. They are both awesome in person.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Alan Bligh died this morning.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

AndyElusive posted:

Leman Russ.

(Awwwwuuuuuuu)

Wasn't there mention of the Space Wolves line update being this year?

DO IT TO IT posted:

I wish they'd give us Vulkan. Guilliman and Russ are lame.

Is Vulkan floating through space slowly recombobulating or did his genetic goo land on a planet?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Hey SRM,

I heard you want Blood Ravens transfers. I have been using this paper with the Redmaw transfers and it works really well.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/345-blood-ravens-decal-sheet/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZLVF6AC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

AndyElusive posted:

Leman Russ.

(Awwwwuuuuuuu)

I'd buy.

Awwwwwuuuuuuu.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Kithkar posted:

I'd buy.

Awwwwwuuuuuuu.

Then Brother, do I have a game for you...

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Leman-Russ-Primarch-of-the-Space-Wolves

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

serious gaylord posted:

Alan Bligh died this morning.

Makes me really feel bad that I complained about the constant delays from Forgeworld, now that I I know the lead having cancer was probably the reason.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

Does the imperium know about genestealer cults

It seems like they could take advantage of them by luring tyranids to worlds and then virus bombing them to deny biomass and make therm waste a bunch

Virus bombing feeds nurgle so they try to avoid it now.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Artum posted:

Virus bombing feeds nurgle so they try to avoid it now.

Literally ever action feeds one of the chaos gods so who gives a poo poo

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

Literally ever action feeds one of the chaos gods so who gives a poo poo

Destroying a world through biological warfare explicitly feeds nurgle, khornes more interested in the violent side of things.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also I don't think they know 100% that Emotions and actions feed them outside of stuff like Biological stuff feeding Nurgle know to some higher ups.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

*jeans

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

The Warhammer Fest liveblog has a ton of pictures up from the FW Seminar, including the new Thunderhawk, and will probably get more added later.

This has the psyker powers listed for the Chaos Daemons, but the resolution is unreadable :smith:

Looks like Tzeentch's first power gives 1 of 3 random boons to a target model or unit, things like +1 strength or +1 toughness

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Great ep :) . Can we do suggestions for the next Book Club, and if so, maybe 'Red Tithe' or 'I Am Slaughter'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ugh, I was hoping we'd leave the random table fully behind. Also, does anyone else thing that mere +1 bonuses to stats means very little? A +1 to S or T used to be pretty reliably an increment on target number for die rolls. But going from S4 to S5 when fighting something that is T6 means exactly nothing now, so those boosts become far more situational. Doing +2 or even +3 would be a far more reliable way of making sure you will actually turn a 4+ into a 3+, and with the way tables are built now, wouldn't really risk becoming overpowered.

• Locked thread