Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

No I want to use him on teams. Which of the two Uevos is preferable?

One is a god, the other is balanced (but has a couple of rows). That's basically the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

vulturesrow posted:

No I want to use him on teams. Which of the two Uevos is preferable?

If using them on a team it's honestly better to work towards awakening and reincarnating them TBH. Reincarnated units are simply better than UEVOs (same for awoken units) unless you need the non-awoken/reincarnated version of their skill.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Hi everyone, can yall tell me why it would be retarded to buy D Athena and then run her with R Persephone and 3 Kakkabs and a wild card (probably Sephiroth or R Yomi). I didn't realize they'd given kakkab 3 TPAs. It seems to make too much sense.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

psymonkey posted:

Hi everyone, can yall tell me why it would be retarded to buy D Athena and then run her with R Persephone and 3 Kakkabs and a wild card (probably Sephiroth or R Yomi). I didn't realize they'd given kakkab 3 TPAs. It seems to make too much sense.

SBR

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

It'd be fine if you exclusively play coop with someone who can run a ton of SBR. Solo... Not so good.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
NA's PCGF lineup has been announced. Winners are:

Overall...not too bad actually. Only 8 6* monsters, but 6 are GFE's.

Also there will be a free pull for players Rank 50 or above!

The Jumpoff fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 27, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Finally. Give me Haku (or 3) or give me death.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a free pull is nice. kinda surprised leilan is on there but outside of that it's about what I expected

it'd be nice to get a lumiel or sima yi but really I'm just here for the haku's

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

a free pull is nice. kinda surprised leilan is on there

Without leilan there would not be a single red mon. Poor red.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

trucutru posted:

Without leilan there would not be a single red mon. Poor red.

And hell, Blue only has 3. And I'm kinda surprised Andromeda is on there, although I guess she's good for Julie?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Jumpoff posted:

And hell, Blue only has 3. And I'm kinda surprised Andromeda is on there, although I guess she's good for Julie?

Well, right now the Meta is completely dominated by dark. The top five leaders all run a dark team, even the big 2, who happen to be technically green.

Kushi, Diablos, Meliodas, Dathena, Anubis.

Hell, Diaochan is up there to support a dark team.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Wait, is Lumiel good? She was what I got out of my introductory pull and I keep using her, but I had no idea she was actually good.

E: Or is this one of those "Yes, but not that Lumiel" sort of things?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Olothreutes posted:

Wait, is Lumiel good? She was what I got out of my introductory pull and I keep using her, but I had no idea she was actually good.

She is amazing as a sub or inherit for Dark Athena

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
She's also a good budget button for someone looking to set up their first button team. Unbindable, 8 CD, relatively easy to skill up, 100k also hits a few things that A.Ra can't do at 77k. Only downsides are a single SB and a slightly longer button animation.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think this is the first PCGF where I have less than half of the selection.

So basically max :rip: stones

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Hmmm, I have all but four of them, so I guess I'm out. Except for the free roll!

C'mon, Diaochan~

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just a reminder than a regular godfest has on average 15 6* GFEs. So if you are planning to roll for the GFEs in the player's choice one you actually have around half the regular chance of rolling one.

Not that anybody will listen.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 27, 2017

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
But it's player choice man!

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Olothreutes posted:

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 27, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Hmm I have 15/25... But that 3rd haku is calling my name.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Only Acala, Fujin and Sima Yi would be new for me there, so the odds of getting anything useful from that GF seems very slight.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

trucutru posted:

Well, right now the Meta is completely dominated by dark. The top five leaders all run a dark team, even the big 2, who happen to be technically green.

Saying Diablos and Anubis run a dark team is kinda misleading. A lot of Anubis teams stack light and with Diablos it depends a lot on who you pair with. Yog-Sothoth is a top tier light team. Diara is not very popular but incredibly strong, especially with the unbindable badge and Diablos. Mitsune X in coop and Julie are strong blue leads, though Mitsune X is pretty similar to Anubis, where the optimal team probably runs a lot of off-color subs.

Dark is definitely the most dominant color (as is often the case), but it's not too bad.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hope that Andromeda being on there means that her awoken uevo comes to NA soon, it looks pretty great.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Minus needing Mion to evo, which is pretty annoying

trucutru posted:

Just a reminder than a regular godfest has on average 15 6* GFEs. So if you are planning to roll for the GFEs in the player's choice one you actually have around half the regular chance of rolling one.

I don't think that's how that works. The chances of rolling any six star GFE in general are lower, but the chance of rolling any specific one is roughly similar to their chances during an equal multiplier godfest.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 27, 2017

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I have 22/25 cards on my main account, with only Ilm, Diaochan, and Fujin being new rolls. My main isn't going to be rolling too much. My alt, however, is gonna blow every stone possible on this since it only has Persephone from the list.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheQuietWilds posted:

Minus needing Mion to evo, which is pretty annoying

I don't think that's how that works. The chances of rolling any six star GFE in general are lower, but the chance of rolling any specific one is roughly similar to their chances during an equal multiplier godfest.

By "rolling one" I mean any 6* GFE. If you're rolling for a specific one then :lol:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

trucutru posted:

Gungho only makes it worse by making Revo Haku completely batshit as well.

isndl posted:

She's also a good budget button for someone looking to set up their first button team. Unbindable, 8 CD, relatively easy to skill up, 100k also hits a few things that A.Ra can't do at 77k. Only downsides are a single SB and a slightly longer button animation.

But you don't want to skill her up as an inherit for D.Athena because you want those extra turns as buffer against HeraDra(?)'s -15 turn CD preemptive! :spergin:

trucutru posted:

Don't care, want/need Haku(s).

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
nothing in the game comes close to diablos teams now and haku is pretty bad for those teams since you want boards with hearts to trigger follow-up attack awakening.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Diablos is one of the best things that have happened to this game in a long time. A color-agnostic combo lead that pierces defense that you don't have to roll. It's difficult to beat not having to roll it.

Shame the US will never get it (and Meliodas).

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Wanted to start playing again on my Kindle Fire, but when I reinstalled it didn't save any of my data and I don't have my ID or whatever. Am I hosed? I did buy some stones through Amazon, maybe I should contact Amazon?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trucutru posted:

Diablos is one of the best things that have happened to this game in a long time. A color-agnostic combo lead that pierces defense that you don't have to roll. It's difficult to beat not having to roll it.

Shame the US will never get it (and Meliodas).

you don't have to roll it? does that mean it was in the mp shop, and if so then how much was it?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

you don't have to roll it? does that mean it was in the mp shop, and if so then how much was it?

It's a 7x6 lead so you can just use a friend lead.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Superschaf posted:

It's a 7x6 lead so you can just use a friend lead.

So yeah, everybody pretty much got one of the best leads in the game for free.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3663

"Change the board to 7x6 size. All attribute cards ATK x8.5, 25% all damage reduction when reaching 8 combos."

Even with a 7x6 board some of you are overestimating how many people can do that with any sort of regularity. If even 1% of PAD players can hit an 8+ combo more than 50% of the time I'd be shocked. Diablos is amazing for people who can actually use him but that unit has a skill requirement that, say, D.Athena (or Myr) isn't even close to having.

e: Meliodas OTOH is just stupidly powerful:
Dark attribute cards ATK x2.5, RCV x1.5. All attribute cards ATK x4, 25% all damage reduction when attacking with Fire, Water & Dark orb types at the same time.

"Can you match 3 specific colors? Here's 100x damage and a bunch of damage reduction for your dark murder team."

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 27, 2017

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

If you aren't doing a 7 combo consistently with Meliodas, you aren't using him to his full potential (same goes for any team using Haku to be honest). Doing one more combo on a much bigger board isn't a tall order.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3663

"Change the board to 7x6 size. All attribute cards ATK x8.5, 25% all damage reduction when reaching 8 combos."

Even with a 7x6 board some of you are overestimating how many people can do that with any sort of regularity. If even 1% of PAD players can hit an 8+ combo more than 50% of the time I'd be shocked. Diablos is amazing for people who can actually use him but that unit has a skill requirement that, say, D.Athena (or Myr) isn't even close to having.

e: Meliodas OTOH is just stupidly powerful:
Dark attribute cards ATK x2.5, RCV x1.5. All attribute cards ATK x4, 25% all damage reduction when attacking with Fire, Water & Dark orb types at the same time.

"Can you match 3 specific colors? Here's 100x damage and a bunch of damage reduction for your dark murder team."

Lol, you think that people can hit seven combos with Meliodas while, at the same time, they are unable to hit 8 with Diablos, a much easier task. Like, farm a Zaerog8 and you pretty much get those 8 combos falling from some rear end in the sky.

(Yes, I get that you mean matching 3-4 combos with Meliodas, which will let you clear all dungeons that everybody else can also clear)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 27, 2017

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Anyone want to do a BFF triangle? I run d. athena in slot 1, myr in slot 2, and right now, julie in slot 3.

padijun fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 28, 2017

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Wow, all I could hope for on that list is a third Haku. Even then, I still prefer Radra. Woo, I get to hoard stones until some awful collab!

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I just need to start practicing with Diablos I guess. I need some sort of adjustment period to get used to a 7x6 board. My brain doesn't parse it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

cryptoclastic posted:

I just need to start practicing with Diablos I guess. I need some sort of adjustment period to get used to a 7x6 board. My brain doesn't parse it well.

Once you get used to it, it's weird to go back to a 6x5.