Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the cons are going to implode from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Stickarts posted:

He's a creationist. Not sure what else needs to be said.

It's like Stockwell Day all over again.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

He's also my MP!!! The sheer rush of being this close to power. Phwoar.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

At least The Bern was interesting.

Instead we get "Durrrr I'm Andrew Scheer!"

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
https://twitter.com/spaikin/status/868559687750438912

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/868613323360698370

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What the hell is an Andrew Scheer? I didn't get much from his wikipedia page.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

He has like ten kids because Jesus hates condoms.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
:laffo: Peter Mansbridge brought up the question Scheer's been called Stephen Harper with a Smile, and if he could name one thing that makes him different from Harper.

Scheer couldn't name anything and changed the subject. :allears:

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
"No extension despite bad traffic from Anime convention."

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
These mother loving social conservatives should all be burned at the loving stake. You god drat people are LITERALLY some of the worst people on the face of the loving planet.

You were handed a golden ticket to beat Turdboy in 2019 and you loving pissed it away like the god drat, mother loving idiots that you are. Other than Chong, you LITERALLY could not have made a worse decision.

For as long as this cocksuck is the 'leader' of the conservative party, all we're going to hear about is gay marriage this and abortion that.

HOW MANY MORE TIMES DO YOU PEOPLE WANT TO GET BLOWN OUT BEFORE YOU PULL YOUR loving HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!?

gently caress these old coot motherfuckers. Every single last loving one of them. They loving sicken me.

Generation Y might suck horse cock, but AT LEAST they aren't going to cost us a bunch of elections because of this social issue nonsense.

Why wont you mother fuckers just loving die already?

Vote Libertarian.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Postess with the Mostest posted:

These mother loving social conservatives should all be burned at the loving stake. You god drat people are LITERALLY some of the worst people on the face of the loving planet.

You were handed a golden ticket to beat Turdboy in 2019 and you loving pissed it away like the god drat, mother loving idiots that you are. Other than Chong, you LITERALLY could not have made a worse decision.

For as long as this cocksuck is the 'leader' of the conservative party, all we're going to hear about is gay marriage this and abortion that.

HOW MANY MORE TIMES DO YOU PEOPLE WANT TO GET BLOWN OUT BEFORE YOU PULL YOUR loving HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!?

gently caress these old coot motherfuckers. Every single last loving one of them. They loving sicken me.

Generation Y might suck horse cock, but AT LEAST they aren't going to cost us a bunch of elections because of this social issue nonsense.

Vote Libertarian.

nice meltdown

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Wented it from Reddit

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Vote Libertarian.

:same:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Vote Libertarian.

Quoting this just because.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
It's like the opposite of the US

Bernie woulda won

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Social conservatives in their 30s are so loving creepy.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
CanPol Megathread: Social Issue Nonsense.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Do it ironically posted:

It's like the opposite of the US

Bernie woulda won

CanPol Megathread: Bernier woulda won

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Dark One posted:

CanPol Megathread: Bernier woulda won

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Lassitude posted:

Social conservatives in their 30s are so loving creepy.

Really? Cause....

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Vote Libertarian.

Start a new thread, ikantski just finished this one.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

You're alright, you know that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lol who is this wiener

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Vintersorg posted:

Lol who is this wiener

https://twitter.com/TrudeauGoogles/status/868621620977569792

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 9, 2022

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Ahhahhahahahha that's the apex of that Twitter account

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

My wife was 2 years into her 4 year advanced mathematics degree at UW when she asked the career counsellors what she could actually use her math degree for and they all went "IDK get more degrees and teach, I guess" :shrug: so she switched to a three year general degree ground that out real quick and then went to some women in skilled trades course and now she's a construction foreman.

She says the only good thing she got out of her degree was me because she ended up working in my office for her co-op :3:

Wow, she was given pretty horrible advice. I know a few people who did quant after a 4 year math degree and got stable jobs at banks.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

DariusLikewise posted:

How aligned are the BC NDP and the Federal NDP? If the BC NDP could start doing damage to Trudeau I don't see why they wouldn't.

If the BCNDP think that replacing Trudeau with Scheer, or that there are any options other than those two, that seems roughly reflective of their demonstrated intelligence over the past two decades.

CLAM DOWN posted:

On prem or death

Do your bean counters actually listen to the reasons why this is a good thing, or are they too busy counting beans? "Well, the system isn't any more reliable, and the NSA is making a copy of everything, but at least we save $1000 a year!"

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah the cons are going to implode from this.

Just like the Republicans did last year?

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

LOL that Brad "not a big fan of the gay lifestyle" Trost finished fourth. Kellie Leitch may have gotten all the headlines but Trost is a much bigger piece of poo poo.

Also LOL that Nunavut only had 16 people vote.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

tagesschau posted:

Just like the Republicans did last year?
Trump didn't have several years to promote social conservative values to a party that has a lot of people who don't believe in those values.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

Jordan7hm posted:

Trump didn't have several years to promote social conservative values to a party that has a lot of people who don't believe in those values.

:laffo: if you think the Tory base isn't full of people who would literally vote for Donald Trump if it meant they paid less tax.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

tagesschau posted:

:laffo: if you think the Tory base isn't full of people who would literally vote for Donald Trump.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 26, 2018

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Really? Cause....

This is just some homeschooled teenager. He can't help it that his parents are terrible. Guys like Neo-Harper are actual adults who choose to adopt the social views of a generation that thought residential schools were cool and good.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lassitude posted:

This is just some homeschooled teenager. He can't help it that his parents are terrible. Guys like Neo-Harper are actual adults who choose to adopt the social views of a generation that thought residential schools were cool and good.

So wait, did Scheer emerge fully formed from the forehead of social conservatism or something?

At what point do we expect people to assess their upbringing with a critical eye?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

tagesschau posted:

:laffo: if you think the Tory base isn't full of people who would literally vote for Donald Trump if it meant they paid less tax.

That's not remotely what I said.

You sound like the idiots who thought O'Leary was a Canadian Trump.

James Baud posted:

I do have to say, the federal government has certainly managed to run huge deficits with little to show for it. And they've done so while already making tax changes that cost people tens of thousands more per year (me, just a few) and threatening far broader ones re: Incorporated self employed.

I think they're pretty vulnerable on this, or at least they're making certain opponents extremely motivated.

Definitely. But a party that wants to reopen gay marriage and abortion in 2020 is not a party that has a realistic chance of forming government. Remains to be seen if Scheer will push his personal values or not but the other parties will force the issue either way.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 28, 2017

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Nice to see that the CPC has chosen "intensely mad about pronouns" as their brand. Excited to see where this goes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

So wait, did Scheer emerge fully formed from the forehead of social conservatism or something?

At what point do we expect people to assess their upbringing with a critical eye?

That's a picture of that like 19 year old Ontario PC candidate. You can see Patrick Brown on the left. Kid that young very likely just doesn't know any better. Scheer has had plenty of time to rethink things and hasn't.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

Nice to see that the CPC has chosen "intensely mad about pronouns" as their brand. Excited to see where this goes.

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
They can take my pronouns from my dead, cold hands.