Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

That actually seems to be more or less what happened. Translations aren't out yet but It looks like the key to it is simply gathering your ki at a particular spot on your upper back. which is loving hilarious.

To be honest "Super Saiyan is actually fairly easy to do" would at least explain Goten and Trunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I like that Beerus acknowledged that there should be dozens more capable fighters in an infinite universe, but Goku and friends have spent the past 20 years murdering them all.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
It was just back stress from getting so angry. Now we know.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am officially dedicating page 666 to The Words Strongest Champion MR SATAN!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztc7x00ferM

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TheHan posted:

I like that Beerus acknowledged that there should be dozens more capable fighters in an infinite universe, but Goku and friends have spent the past 20 years murdering them all.

This was good, and also I really appreciate how far they've leaned into Kale as a straight-up Broly genderswap with a presumably less tragic childhood. She's so timid :allears:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I like how Vegeta blew up the Time Chamber, thus eliminating "why don't they just use the time chamber." malarky

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That last scene before the ending song killed me.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Akumos posted:

lmao they just retconned the super saiyan transformation(or at the least the way it unlocks) in the last ep

I mean, U6 Saiyans are all leaps and bounds stronger than U7 Saiyans. For perspective, base Cabba could stand toe-to-toe with base Vegeta in the tournament. That means without any level of SSJ he could beat SSJ2 Teen Gohan one handed. It makes sense that they have an easier time doing it. Prior to the Freeza saga Bardock and Vegeta were the two most powerful Saiyans and they were trash.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rutibex posted:

I am officially dedicating page 666 to The Words Strongest Champion MR SATAN!

Didn't we just watch him piss himself with fright at the thought of fighting?

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Hail Satan!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Didn't we just watch him piss himself with fright at the thought of fighting?
Mr Satan defeated Cell and saved the world :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGLfQ5yII9w

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So any guesses on what Freeza's "conditions" might be?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Beat me. Every other person got a chance to fight before joining so he's gonna get his too.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TrilliontonNixon posted:

He gets to kill Krillin again.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
It's probably just something like going back to the normal hell with the rest of the villain cast.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
So in the end Super Saiyans were all about back muscles...

I was thinking, the invisible man would be a good tenth fighter.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Quack posted:

So in the end Super Saiyans were all about back muscles...

The back is stupid. They should be able to transform by concentrating their Ki into their hair

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This episode teased us at the possibility of Mr Satan participating in the tournament and saving the world again so anything else that happens from now on will be just plain dissapointment

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I love that nerd universe is using nerd logic to win the tournament

"Yeah, so just stretch your arms really really far and push people out of the ring or hold on to it if they push you"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mark "Mr. Satan" Hercule truly is the world's savior.

:regd10:

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
HAIL SATAN!

Rutibex posted:

Mr Satan defeated Cell and saved the world :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGLfQ5yII9w

That's not the good verson, this is the good version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-HiOzcjJg

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Thisuck posted:

HAIL SATAN!

That's not the good verson, this is the good version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-HiOzcjJg

It's a crime that this version didn't get released

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's kinda lovely how everyone gave Goku a hard time about keeping the universe destruction thing a secret when it was both Gohan's idea and he stood there saying nothing.

By all means, give Goku what he deserves, but Gohan played a role too.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Back tingles is the midichlorians of dragonball

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that explanation was dumb

TrilliontonNixon posted:

the obvious answer would be to be wished back but it's probably more than that considering how it was framed. maybe he just wants to beat up goku

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's kinda lovely how everyone gave Goku a hard time about keeping the universe destruction thing a secret when it was both Gohan's idea and he stood there saying nothing.

I understand everyone being pissed at Goku, but it's kinda weird that they just give Gohan a pass.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They should have just wished SSJ Bardock forward in time :colbert:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

They should have just wished SSJ Bardock forward in time :colbert:

or picked up Future Trunks. I think the feeling was they were looking for Buu-Level heavy hitters

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Krillin specifically says he understands why Gohan wanted to keep it secret, but Goku was a dick for keeping the truth from his best friends.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

lmao at SS being super easy but U7 was too stupid to figure it out without the initial rage transformation

except Goten and Trunks I guess

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Adder Moray posted:

Krillin specifically says he understands why Gohan wanted to keep it secret, but Goku was a dick for keeping the truth from his best friends.

This is really the point of it, it's not that they hid the thing, it's that Goku didn't really trust anyone else with the secret. He straight-up told Piccolo about it, but not his best friend? Kinda a dick move.

Also Caulifla is great and we need more of her.

And the Robot Universe.

And Toppo.

And definitely Satan. Even if he chickened out, it was nice of him to at least think about going in Buu's place. :3:

I love how much Super takes advantage of its wider cast of characters. If this were GT we wouldn't go five minutes without the focus shifting right back to Goku. And speaking of Five Minutes, I like how EVERYONE immediately thinks Goku's gone nuts for coming up with recruiting Freeza. Even Beerus.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Freeza's conditions are going to be some absurd stuff and Goku's going to agree to it all because he only cares about Freeza joining up so they can fight strong dudes

He'll demand he gets like 12 dragonball wishes and Goku has to punch Vegeta's heart out and feed it to Trunks, and throw gohan into a volcano, and destroy the earth, and Goku's just like "yeah sure"

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Akumos posted:

This is what I immediately thought of when they showed that scene.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Adder Moray posted:

Goku only got the idea to do it when his son told him it was a good idea, though. Goku was ready to tell everyone until Gohan went "Dad? Maybe don't."

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Goku only got the idea to do it when his son told him it was a good idea, though. Goku was ready to tell everyone until Gohan went "Dad? Maybe don't."

And Krillin gets why Gohan thought that wanna good idea, he doesn't get why Goku didn't go "Nah, son. I got this."

Like, the first time he listens to his son it's to lie to his friends.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Akumos posted:

My literal first thought, haha.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Goku is a character they all know to be impressionable and to take other people's lead on the messier details on life. It shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone there.

And I'm not saying don't give Goku a hard time. I'm saying they both deserved to be chewed out.

You know what? So did Piccolo.

It's bad enough the fandom has treated the whole thing about not telling everyone to be Goku's idea and Goku's alone, the show paid lipservice to Gohan's role in it too.

Either way, it doesn't matter much. It was just a thing that bugged me.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

This is really the point of it, it's not that they hid the thing, it's that Goku didn't really trust anyone else with the secret. He straight-up told Piccolo about it, but not his best friend? Kinda a dick move.

Also Caulifla is great and we need more of her.

And the Robot Universe.

And Toppo.

And definitely Satan. Even if he chickened out, it was nice of him to at least think about going in Buu's place. :3:

I love how much Super takes advantage of its wider cast of characters. If this were GT we wouldn't go five minutes without the focus shifting right back to Goku. And speaking of Five Minutes, I like how EVERYONE immediately thinks Goku's gone nuts for coming up with recruiting Freeza. Even Beerus.

That robot has Iron claws and has suction cups if you break his arms off, completely unbeatable. :smuggo:

I dunno, I think universe 3 might be low balling it's design specs here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I like how with every new thing we see from them, Caulifla and Kale keep gaining Broly traits. That beam attack was straight out of his book.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Goku is a character they all know to be impressionable and to take other people's lead on the messier details on life. It shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone there.

And I'm not saying don't give Goku a hard time. I'm saying they both deserved to be chewed out.

You know what? So did Piccolo.
From his reaction, it seemed like he thought everyone else knew, so he didn't bother saying anything about it.

• Locked thread