ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So what platforms are having the most trouble? I cannot get into a single quickmatch on XBL and I played in a private game with some delightful goons until the server dropped all of us.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wish the servers where better, fighting back is hard hell for me cause of it. :negative:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wanderer posted:

As someone who's seen all the movies multiple times for no good reason, I am pleased they put in the most iconic Jason kill: throwing someone through a window at a height that should not even be particularly harmful.

Orv
May 4, 2011
For all its technical problems, they really "get" the movies and the jokes about them, it's good.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
There's an idea, allow Jason to use counselor's bodies to make surprise traps that cause the corpse to crash through a window or fall from a tree like in the movies. Have it instantly max out the player's fear for a while.

Arnm616
Dec 4, 2004
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
SunsetJoker on PS4, looking to play with some goons

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

So what platforms are having the most trouble? I cannot get into a single quickmatch on XBL and I played in a private game with some delightful goons until the server dropped all of us.
For me, PC is hosed with all the crashing.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
So there's a pubbie strat I don't quite get,

Step 1. Stun Jason.
Step 2. Linger near the stunned Jason.
Step 3. Get hosed.

but boy do I appreciate their sacrifice.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like the game when I can play but until I can get through this database login error I guess I'm gonna have to play other games :(.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Crashed again and with keys and a car ready to drive out. I am done with this game until the next patch.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Donnerberg posted:

So there's a pubbie strat I don't quite get,

Step 1. Stun Jason.
Step 2. Linger near the stunned Jason.
Step 3. Get hosed.

but boy do I appreciate their sacrifice.

I watch a car of 3 pubbies crash into Jason and just fuckin' musical chairs around it, trying to get into the driver's seat and start it up. Each time, Jason plucked them out and murdered them. It was absolutely bizarre to watch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DLC Inc posted:

Maybe I'm forgetting my lore though because didn't Jason mainly use the machete in more movies? I only saw one Jason start with it, idk if you can switch weapons as Jason.

http://horror.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_deaths_in_Friday_the_13th_series

Handy list.

Machete, spear, and knives are the most common.

Jason 2 really should have had a pitchfork.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Have they added custom key bindings yet?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Haha no.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why does Jarvis of all people freak out at corpses

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Alteisen posted:

Why does Jarvis of all people freak out at corpses

Because he's a moron.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

http://horror.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_deaths_in_Friday_the_13th_series

Handy list.

Machete, spear, and knives are the most common.

Jason 2 really should have had a pitchfork.

It annoys me when movies/shows parody Jason by having a dude in a modern hockey mask with a chainsaw...

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well, I'd like to play this game but all I'm getting is The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this, after another reinstall. Also no VCRUNTIME140.dll. Um, what the gently caress?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

It annoys me when movies/shows parody Jason by having a dude in a modern hockey mask with a chainsaw...

My favorite one is Christmas Vacation.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
HeyBartdoyoulikemynewchainsawandhockeymask?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Crabtree posted:

Well, I'd like to play this game but all I'm getting is The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this, after another reinstall. Also no VCRUNTIME140.dll. Um, what the gently caress?
I wish mine was descriptive. Maybe you should post on the steam forum.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Funny you should mention chainsaws. Guess what I'm watching.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Oh okay then. It's not like I or any other lefties wanted to play or anything...

Seriously, I don't think I can name one other PC game made in the past 20 years that doesn't support custom key bindings.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah, but he never uses one...

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hockles posted:

Yeah, but he never uses one...

He did use a weed whacker with a saw blade on it in Part 7, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Ofq66_ACo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Donnerberg posted:

So there's a pubbie strat I don't quite get,

Step 1. Stun Jason.
Step 2. Linger near the stunned Jason.
Step 3. Get hosed.

but boy do I appreciate their sacrifice.

I cannot count how many times I have popped off a flare in Jason's face and yelled to my teammates "I GOT HIM, HE'S STUNNED, RUN LIKE HELL!" Only to have one of them not get the hell out. I'll be informed of what's happened by the screaming gurgling that I get from a few hundred meters away.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hockles posted:

Yeah, but he never uses one...

Does use a weed whacker, though. In a criminally censored scene because in the 80's you could show tits in a PG movie, but anything more than a cut or scrape would get you an NC-17 or outright ban.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Scalding Coffee posted:

I wish mine was descriptive. Maybe you should post on the steam forum.

Posted to bug report and hoping for a reply soon.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I wonder how long it's going to take to fix this Database issue considering they're doing that poo poo manually, account by account. Just wipe the slate clean at this point.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Does use a weed whacker, though. In a criminally censored scene because in the 80's you could show tits in a PG movie, but anything more than a cut or scrape would get you an NC-17 or outright ban.

The skull crush with the leather strap in Pt. 5 sticks in my mind as especially brutal without being what censors might consider "too graphic."

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Crabtree posted:

Well, I'd like to play this game but all I'm getting is The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this, after another reinstall. Also no VCRUNTIME140.dll. Um, what the gently caress?

Crabtree posted:

Posted to bug report and hoping for a reply soon.

You're missing your Visual C++ redistributable package.

Check in steamapps/common/F13Game/Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us and try running the installer in there. Off the top of my head, MSVCP140 means you're missing the Visual Studio 2015 package. You can download it directly from Microsoft, but make sure to get the 32-bit (x86) version as well - you need both the 32-bit and 64-bit version unless you're only running a 32-bit OS.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

kid sinister posted:

Oh okay then. It's not like I or any other lefties wanted to play or anything...

Seriously, I don't think I can name one other PC game made in the past 20 years that doesn't support custom key bindings.

Everyone had to use third party keybinding software for Street Fighter V for like 8 months because they couldn't actually support anyone's controllers

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
PS4 player here: paletornado

I'll be playing pretty much all night!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So... what's the keyboard key to jump through the window rather than crawl? Do you just have to be holding down shift?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Hold shift and E.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Goon survival 101:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I hate to say this but I have been having way more success with speed/stam characters like Vanessa than stealth type characters. You make a racket but if Jason detects you then you actually stand a chance of getting away, where AJ seems pretty well hosed if Jason finds you. You have stealth but the house you're in still lights up like a Christmas tree so it's kind of only useful for skulking it through the woods. I think it's just hard for me to tell exactly how much composure and stealth actually reduce how detectable I am where running faster for longer is a very real and immediately understood useful advantage. Even if Jason wants to focus on me Vanessa can at least play cabin roulette with him for a long while and waste alot of his time before getting killed, doubly so if you luck into a pocket knife and or flare gun.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 28, 2017

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I can connect to the game and play, but my account is level 0 again and all my CP is gone. I still have my equipped perks, but my inventory is gone, same with Jason kills.

I wouldn't mind playing and just earning stuff from 0, but I can't figure out if it'll just combine with my prior level 13/2643CP, or override it. Gun Media is obviously too busy to tell me.

Not sure I wanna waste time playing if it's all for naught when this game has such a grindy unlock system.

  • Locked thread