Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Brother Entropy posted:

the audience's reaction being unreasonable was the whole point, though?
Yeah, keep in mind that this is an audience that missed a giant death-cloud of rubble flying over the arena. Not the most observant bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo I want her spinoff.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Aizawa shutting down the hecklers in the crowd was awesome

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

You mean FFV? :v:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

That's one of his recurring characters from his first publication. Toytoy.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 27, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My response to that episode is basically :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Todoroki's my family name, so technically, yes I am."
"U-uh, well, um"

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Yeah, kinda the whole problem with a power like "explosions" is you can't really show what it's doing to the enemy. Ochako was getting scuffs on her clothes while the arena around them was being torn up and blown away. Whatever, though, anime.

She was levitating a huge cloud of rubble for minutes when before she used to get queasy doing heavy stuff. Super impressive!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Darke GBF posted:

Yeah, kinda the whole problem with a power like "explosions" is you can't really show what it's doing to the enemy. Ochako was getting scuffs on her clothes while the arena around them was being torn up and blown away. Whatever, though, anime.

She was levitating a huge cloud of rubble for minutes when before she used to get queasy doing heavy stuff. Super impressive!
They're anime explosions which only have like 3 settings:

1. No injuries at all
2. "Ugh! Hatchmarks!"
3. Missing Limbs

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

4. No trace left

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Aurora posted:

4. No trace left

...Just kidding, still alive.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
That fight was iirc the first time outside of childhood flashbacks that Bakugou actually calls someone by name instead of just an insult.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Aurora posted:

4. No trace left

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Smoking shoes only

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That should have worked and I'm extremely salty about it! :mad: I'm not actually, but it still should have worked drat it

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It was a great plan, but Bakugou is just too strong and is also the best character so everyone should be rooting for him anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah he sucks

Grr I'm angry and an arsehole all the time

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Grr I'm angry and an arsehole all the time

The post signing meme

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zerilan posted:

It was a great plan, but Bakugou is just too strong and is also the best character so everyone should be rooting for him anyway.

Best character is Dekumom, please quit saying she isn't.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zerilan posted:

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Bakugou sucks and his power is stupid. Nice job having explosive sweat, retard. Nobody likes you and you smell like a foot.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ochako earned the ultimate respect that Bakugo can give someone: He remembers her name.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like how Bakugou was (pretty much) the one who treated Uraraka with the most respect this episode. My favorite detail was how he did not relax his fighting stance until the fight was officially called. It really plays well with Eraserhead's admonishment of the audience.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Darke GBF posted:

Bakugou sucks and his power is stupid. Nice job having explosive sweat, retard. Nobody likes you and you smell like a foot.

He probably smells pretty bad due to sweating always.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
All teenage boys smell bad.

Source: I was once a teenage boy

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

bakugo is actually: the best character, and i hope he gets to spend even more time being angry and also an arsehole

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Bakugou kind of suffers the most as a character from horikoshis lack of writing experience in the early part of MHA, as early in the series he goes well past being some kind of Gary Oak - esque Cocky Rival into acting like some kind of nascent school shooter, and it takes a while for horikoshi to really find the balance.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Bakugou kind of suffers the most as a character from horikoshis lack of writing experience in the early part of MHA, as early in the series he goes well past being some kind of Gary Oak - esque Cocky Rival into acting like some kind of nascent school shooter, and it takes a while for horikoshi to really find the balance.
I still appreciate that even now that he's finding a balance, he hasn't totally backed off on Bakugo being the guy yelling at people to die. Now that we can see more of the actual person behind all that bluster, it's almost endearing in a 'lovable rear end in a top hat' way.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

He tried writing him that way and it didn't work, Bakugou's bullying, assholishness & explosive(Ha!) temper are just as important to his character as his intelligence and egalitarianism are.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think it's perfectly understandable to not like Bakugou. When I had read up to this point in the manga, I didn't like him yet either.

He sees a lot of development though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't wait for Bakugou to beat all these lovely nerds into the ground where they belong.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad jirou got a place

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I really disliked Bakugou at first but I'll echo the people saying the manga does a good job to develop him into a more likable character without really changing what makes Bakugou Bakugou

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Glad to see Kirishima top 5, although Tetsutestu Tetsutetsu should be on there with the exact same number of votes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've only seen the show and so far Explosion Boy is just an rear end in a top hat who i initially figured might be on the track to become the Evil Rival to Deku and is now just an rear end in a top hat who could use some fuckin humility, but if that changes because of characterisation that'll be fun to experience.

also

https://twitter.com/15_mnc/status/868628845632598016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i already kinda like bakugou, he's a huge rear end in a top hat but he's fun to watch and i think he's already showing bits of development with acknowledging that ochako really could have potentially beat him if he wasn't on guard

also deku's middle fingers should be horribly fried from putting all of one for all into flipping off endeavor

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bakugou ironically ends up basically the most developed character in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
e: you know what this post was mean, i will not bring negativity into this beautiful show

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 28, 2017

• Locked thread