Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Grendels Dad posted:

Jinder's stable is already better than JBL's Cabinet. Or Kurt Angle's stable, whatever it was called. Or Edge's La Familia, consisting of such luminaries as Bam Neely.

Jesus, the late aughts were a rotten time for stables.

Do ypu mean the bad version of Team Angle, with Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak? Because Haas amd Benjamin were great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

projecthalaxy posted:

Do ypu mean the bad version of Team Angle, with Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak? Because Haas amd Benjamin were great

Yeah that's what I meant, I came back to wrestling after a hiatus right around the time Angle was recruiting Luther Reigns and I had so many questions, like "why?"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/NachoHelmet/status/868585786836475904

It's 2017 and King is throwing dropkicks on grass

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have to wonder if they're looking at any blowback at Jinder being Champ is going to be brushed off using the "Roman Reigns is booed but business is still good" excuse?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luigi Thirty posted:

King rules :)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Um does Sheamus have a Loch scarification?!

http://i.imgur.com/gzjLv7r.jpg

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

And for a brief moment I almost cared about baseball.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It looks like hair dye to me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Roman v Jinder at Wrestlemania

Finally they will cheer

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Um does Sheamus have a Loch scarification?!

http://i.imgur.com/gzjLv7r.jpg

He played Rocksteady in the last TMNT movie. It's "Rock", I think.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lid posted:

Roman v Jinder at Wrestlemania

Finally they will cheer

It would probably clear the bar of "not as negative of a reaction as when he retired Undertaker" but only because he wouldn't be unseating Brock.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Kvantum posted:

He played Rocksteady in the last TMNT movie. It's "Rock", I think.

yeah i remember seeing an instagram post or something with that awhile back. it's all makeup.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

He aint got nothing on Jinder!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The main thing I take away from that picture is that it takes quite a lot to impress Chris Jericho, Lana, or Titus O'Neil.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Veryslightlymad posted:

The main thing I take away from that picture is that it takes quite a lot to impress Chris Jericho, Lana, or Titus O'Neil.

It was from this, which is pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3tFID4TQwU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A small side thing on the Jinder/India connection:

I am half Indian. My father was born and raised in Bengalaru. I have blood relatives who still live there. Most of which who are very jingoistic Rah Rah India etc. type people. My aunt is always clogging up my facebook feeds with bullshit about Narendra Modi, or about some little girl who won a spelling bee in America because she is of Indian descent etc. They all know I am a wrestling fan and, as family are wont to do, make fun of me for it.

Yet I have heard nothing from them about Jinder Mahal. Nothing about how he is the second Indian world champion, just as I heard nothing about Khali when he was on top. If they had heard about it I am sure they would be crowing about it, or at least would have mentioned it to me.

So, whilst I am not doubting the numbers of new Indian WWE subscribers, or facebook likes or whatever the statistic is they are counting, from my small personal experience the WWE does not have anywhere near the sort of cultural penetration or significance in India that it thinks it does.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

A small side thing on the Jinder/India connection:

I am half Indian. My father was born and raised in Bengalaru. I have blood relatives who still live there. Most of which who are very jingoistic Rah Rah India etc. type people. My aunt is always clogging up my facebook feeds with bullshit about Narendra Modi, or about some little girl who won a spelling bee in America because she is of Indian descent etc. They all know I am a wrestling fan and, as family are wont to do, make fun of me for it.

Yet I have heard nothing from them about Jinder Mahal. Nothing about how he is the second Indian world champion, just as I heard nothing about Khali when he was on top. If they had heard about it I am sure they would be crowing about it, or at least would have mentioned it to me.

So, whilst I am not doubting the numbers of new Indian WWE subscribers, or facebook likes or whatever the statistic is they are counting, from my small personal experience the WWE does not have anywhere near the sort of cultural penetration or significance in India that it thinks it does.

From pretty much everywhere in the real world WWE doesn't have any significance in Indian culture.

But in the WWE universe it's huge.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MassRafTer posted:

From pretty much everywhere in the real world WWE doesn't have any significance in Indian culture.

But in the WWE universe it's huge.

So are you saying it's a similar thing to how Muscle & Fitness magazine is a well loved prestigious mainstream publication in the WWE Universe, yet ignored by literally everybody else in the world?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

So are you saying it's a similar thing to how Muscle & Fitness magazine is a well loved prestigious mainstream publication in the WWE Universe, yet ignored by literally everybody else in the world?

I think there is a better chance you come across a Muscle and Fitness reader than WWE becomes an Indian cultural phenomenon.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
https://twitter.com/bradgilmore/status/868639241525395461

I'm happy about this, I've come to enjoy the complete nonsense that's often coming from Booker on Raw.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

I mean, if we go down the road of "WWE believes or at least puts on airs of X thing being important when nobody cares", we'll be here until Brock's on TV again :v:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Language question:

Why isn't the U pronounced in Shinsuke and Asuka?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Been away for the most part for a couple days, did the thread already talk about the guy Jinder credited on Jericho's podcast for transforming his body having been arrested for steroid distribution

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

Been away for the most part for a couple days, did the thread already talk about the guy Jinder credited on Jericho's podcast for transforming his body having been arrested for steroid distribution

In 2015, yes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Language question:

That's how -su- is pronounced before a syllable that begins with a voiceless consonant or at the end of a word (Bruce Tharpe desu = BRUCE THARPE DESS)

Someone better at Japanese could probably explain it better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also on Nutrition Systems's site: Mojo, Cole, and Rey.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Language question:

it is pronounced it's just not stressed

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You can look up Japanese whispered vowels to learn more. I couldn't really figure out a consistent way to know when a vowel is "whispered" when I looked into it once.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I hope it is untrue but I've been lead to believe Goldust's push has already been scrapped. Keep an eye on whether he appears on Raw. Disappointing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/868854038690910208

is this guy dead :stare:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Courtesy of the Indian Men On Facebook thread:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I don't really get the 205 live comparison, people reacted to what that guy was doing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

I hope it is untrue but I've been lead to believe Goldust's push has already been scrapped. Keep an eye on whether he appears on Raw. Disappointing.

that's bullshit

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

That's my same commentary when I watch 205 live.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Next WWE champion:

https://twitter.com/DarrenYoungWWE/status/868853300283703301

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

working 2 fast for something on 205 live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

it is pronounced it's just not stressed
It seems slightly pronounced in Asuka but not at all in Shinsuke.

• Locked thread