Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And where the hell are you seeing anyone getting beheaded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Wait wait, I know this. It's sausages and cabbage.

Cabbages and sausages? Where have I seen this before?

Sneaky Irish bastards trying to ruin the reputation of these fine Nords

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

And where the hell are you seeing anyone getting beheaded?

liveleaks.com last I saw

oof

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If you want German cuisine eat schweinshaxe and drink a lot of beer. It's pretty great imo.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

syscall girl posted:

It's loving funny as hell that he didn't get that the german was going to be humorless as gently caress about it

I mean, honestly it should have been just a nice comedy celebrity charity w/e thing but what part about Boll was it exactly that made LT think he has a sense of humor?

lol honestly I wasn't there for the planning phase, but it really comes across like Lowtax thought he could out-tough Boll and that he'd actually kick his rear end and prove in front of everyone that his movies do suck. (They really do.) Like, you got all the way to accepting the German's challenge, you're in the ring, playing up your footwork, he's about to crush you, and you know it's gonna hurt cause he's defending his career and his hobby and you're a webmaster. And then to spin that as "lol why so serious? I'm the real winner here"... well... seems sorta sour grapes

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cobweb Heart posted:

lol honestly I wasn't there for the planning phase, but it really comes across like Lowtax thought he could out-tough Boll and that he'd actually kick his rear end and prove in front of everyone that his movies do suck. (They really do.) Like, you got all the way to accepting the German's challenge, you're in the ring, playing up your footwork, he's about to crush you, and you know it's gonna hurt cause he's defending his career and his hobby and you're a webmaster. And then to spin that as "lol why so serious? I'm the real winner here"... well... seems sorta sour grapes

What? In what universe was that supposed to be a serious fight? Lowtax may have been a dumbass but Uwe Boll is a psycho.

You punch up, jesus

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I wish Uwe Boll would beat modern Internet celebrities.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

@fart eat the punch

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I wish that tough guy who was telling his critics none of them would face him "in the UFC octagon" ever actually replied to the offer by Tim Kennedy, former UFC middleweight contender and also ex-special forces murderer. Someone remind me who that was, the last few months have been full of so much insanity that it barely registers.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Memento posted:

I wish that tough guy who was telling his critics none of them would face him "in the UFC octagon" ever actually replied to the offer by Tim Kennedy, former UFC middleweight contender and also ex-special forces murderer. Someone remind me who that was, the last few months have been full of so much insanity that it barely registers.

It was a Deadspin editor (Tim Marchman, that was his name) who criticized Ted Cruz and then dared Cruz supporters to the fight. I wanted to link you to an article, but the major hits on Google are all right wing sources and gently caress if I want to give any of them the page views.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Wait wait, I know this. It's sausages and cabbage.

Cabbages and sausages? Where have I seen this before?

Sneaky Irish bastards trying to ruin the reputation of these fine Nords

Proud of your ignorance. You must be an American.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Apparently the Murdoch sons are embarrassed to own Fox and have been trying to tear out the most conservative aspects from the inside and turn it into something more CNN like; hence O'Reilly, Ailes, etc.

The rumour is that if James Murdoch acquires Sky News like he's been trying for years, then he's going to immediately cull all of the worst aspects of Fox so that the American branch doesn't taint his new global media empire.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What did Hannity do? I must have missed it.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Solice Kirsk posted:

Most recently, push a conspiracy theory about a DNC guy who was killed during a robbery actually being the victim of a DNC hit job. Even after Fox News retracted the story, he refused to back down from his claims.

Edit: Wikipedia has a summary

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Was born. In many ways I feel this is his parent's fault.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Was born. In many ways I feel this is his parent's fault.

This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Toast Museum posted:

Most recently, push a conspiracy theory about a DNC guy who was killed during a robbery actually being the victim of a DNC hit job. Even after Fox News retracted the story, he refused to back down from his claims.

Edit: Wikipedia has a summary

Yep gently caress him.

Axe Charles Krauthammer next for trying to kill Dick Tracey so many times.

We're on to you, Turtle Head!

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

syscall girl posted:

What? In what universe was that supposed to be a serious fight? Lowtax may have been a dumbass but Uwe Boll is a psycho.

You punch up, jesus

Haha what do you mean? You don't agree to fight a crazy stranger who's upset at you as a joke! That's punching down, and in this case getting punched back harder. "Yeah heh guy beat the poo poo out of me for dissing him on the net. after I said he should and tried to fight him. Who wouldve guessed he was taking it seriously i mean i wasnt"

accepting the tryhard challenge is what you do if you're trying to prove something

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cobweb Heart posted:

Haha what do you mean? You don't agree to fight a crazy stranger who's upset at you as a joke! That's punching down, and in this case getting punched back harder. "Yeah heh guy beat the poo poo out of me for dissing him on the net. after I said he should and tried to fight him. Who wouldve guessed he was taking it seriously i mean i wasnt"

accepting the tryhard challenge is what you do if you're trying to prove something

Uwe Boll was/is a more famous person though? And Kyantax is very difficult to punch up at from a purely physical perspective.

What I'm saying is we need to get lowtax back on the path to cultural relevance and have him fight Tommy Wiseau

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ah yes, the classic Slipparoni tactic.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I worked on an embarrassing number of Uwe Boll films (i.e. more than zero) and he referred to Rich as "Richard Lowtax" several times when I talked to him about the fight. I'm pretty sure he thinks that's his actual name.

e. I can still hear his wacky German accent in my head... "richard LOWtax"

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Vancouver is home to Canuck, a very friendly crow that drops in and interacts with humans. This video shows Canuck playing in a car. It's pretty cute, but at 0:50, the situation suddenly escalates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJQS-JTwJAw

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mizuti posted:

Vancouver is home to Canuck, a very friendly crow that drops in and interacts with humans. This video shows Canuck playing in a car. It's pretty cute, but at 0:50, the situation suddenly escalates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJQS-JTwJAw

I want a magic bird that helps me keep from smoking

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
bear mace vs thief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLlvppdFJo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

syscall girl posted:

This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

*reels*

*checks, quote is the same*

*reels again*

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Slugnoid posted:

Apparently the Murdoch sons are embarrassed to own Fox and have been trying to tear out the most conservative aspects from the inside and turn it into something more CNN like; hence O'Reilly, Ailes, etc.

The rumour is that if James Murdoch acquires Sky News like he's been trying for years, then he's going to immediately cull all of the worst aspects of Fox so that the American branch doesn't taint his new global media empire.

And yet their ownership of 90% of the newspapers in Australia are still right wing garbage.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

*reels*

*checks, quote is the same*

*reels again*

I couldn't help it I was attacked by a fleet of jinnan t'onix

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

doverhog posted:

I remember reading an article about how Boll's movies were made mostly for accounting reasons. Like, the studios got a tax benefit for doing them or something like that. So, I'm pretty sure he knew they were garbage.

Ding ding ding.

Germany used to have a program intended to encourage investment in the domestic arts -- investors in German movies were allowed to write off all production costs, only paying taxes on the returns from the movie. So, funding garbage movies that never turned a profit was a way to reduce your tax burden, and if combined with some other tax loopholes, you could actually make money in the end.

They ended that program in 2006, and Boll has struggled to find funding ever since. His last two attempts to crowdfund movies were failures, and he announced his retirement as a director last year.

By all reports, his restaurant gig is actually good, and hey, good on him for finding something in life to be legitimately good at.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Trump frogets where he is in the middle of a press briefing:

https://twitter.com/pacelattin/status/867949635028959232

And bonus content coming soon:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/868502832974049280

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

syscall girl posted:

And if anyone gave two shits about whatever German cuisine is this would mean something.

Lots and lots of sausage. Schnitzel is some pretty good meat too. Lots of soup. Impossibly good rye bread if that's your thing.

German food is rich, heavy, and absolutely god damned amazing.

I'm also generally not allergic to it so it gets bonus points.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Gorilla Salad posted:

And bonus content coming soon:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/868502832974049280

I really enjoy the folks pointing out that Trump said we shouldn't elect Hillary because she didn't have the stamina.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The loving comments.

Bill Hicks was right about us.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Gorilla Salad posted:

At this point it seems like a race between Trump's corruption and senility over what's gonna end up bringing him down

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can't perjure yourself if you don't actually remember breaking the law *taps temple*

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Wow, that sure was two assholes being assholes.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Control Volume posted:

[very europeanishly] hand egg

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

it completely skips the part where it would show who truly is the rear end in a top hat here. it starts with a dude bringing in a laptop and then a skip happens and then there's shoving

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Skippy McPants posted:

Wow, that sure was two assholes being assholes.

Memento posted:

Bill Hicks was right about us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DiggityDoink posted:

it completely skips the part where it would show who truly is the rear end in a top hat here. it starts with a dude bringing in a laptop and then a skip happens and then there's shoving

Seems pretty obvious to me. Shop guy gave him an estimate, ends up it wasn't the whole problem and he needs to do more to fix it, costing more, laptop guy says no way I'm not paying that, gimme my laptop I'm outta here, shop guy says okay pay me for what I already did, guy says no gimme mah laptop.

Pepper spraying him was pretty over the top and possibly illegal, but he was legally owed the payment. And having to charge him in court would be a pain in the loving rear end.

The legal question would be actually what he said to him when he dropped the laptop off, and whether he had him sign anything.