Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

nopantsjack posted:

Corbyn owns, hes just some old guy who makes jam and doesnt even eat it and hes driving the whole political establishment totally spare

corbyn seems like a dude that could announce to the world "cancer is a bad disease" and somehow there would be universal backlash against him from every other political party and the media wondering why he's not condemning heart disease as well and also many people survive cancer so it cant be that terrible and also who will think of all the pharmaceutical companies who make money off cancer??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
jammin'

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
labour have gone up about 10% since the election was called lol

https://twitter.com/britainelects/s...r%3D268%23pti18

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jose posted:

labour have gone up about 10% since the election was called lol

https://twitter.com/britainelects/s...r%3D268%23pti18

wait a minute, that polling company name...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Lib Dems: why are they a thing?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So I was watching a video with Theresa May and I noticed her catchphrase was "Forward Together". I mean did she just hire the cucks who did HRC's campaign.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Last time labour had a left wing leader a bunch of MPs split before a general election and formed the party that would become the lib dems

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Crowsbeak posted:

So I was watching a video with Theresa May and I noticed her catchphrase was "Forward Together". I mean did she just hire the cucks who did HRC's campaign.
no, macron's boys.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Is the labor manifesto republican?
Like if 1000 years of labour​ darkness takes could they just abolish the monarchy outright?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
It is not republican.

Votes to do away with the monarchy have come up before in parliament lately and have not passed.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol you don't vote away the monarchy, you shoot them all in a dingy shed

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Its gonna be really funny if Theresa May is literally the British hilldog and J-Corbz is british trump.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

same reason Jeb is a thing

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Corek posted:

wait a minute, that polling company name...

C-SPAM's official polling company.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Pierson posted:

when I was in school they assigned us into groups ('houses') named after saints and we got points throughout the year which we traded in for ??????????

i'm not sure if it was meant to make us competitive against our fellow man or what

which saint was for the evil kids?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Pierson posted:

One of the things I remember my parents telling me about the old system was a test they made you take very early on in life that was easily 'game-able' if you had enough money for study material/private tutors or if your parents had the free time to tutor you. If you failed it you got sent to the poo poo-tier schools that had zero funding, and it was just blatantly a trick to weed out the poor from education.

Yep, and it just detracts from actual education as well. I spent two years doing basically nothing other than 11+ practice papers, it was such shite.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Its gonna be really funny if Theresa May is literally the British hilldog and J-Corbz is british trump.

It will be way funnier because theresa would have called the election herself lmao, literal self own

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

hakimashou posted:

who will be the british jared kushner

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Fallen Hamprince posted:

who will be the british jared kushner
It was Mark Thatcher who also made £££s ridiculous from Saudi arms dealing before becoming a mercenary and ending up in IIRC a Guinean jail.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Crowsbeak posted:

no, obama's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Messina_(political_staffer)

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Corek posted:

Tim! Farron

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
jez se puede

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Machiavelli was way cooler than that Nobel guy, he deserves a more prestigious award.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

i watched about four hours worth of interviews and speeches by this "corbett" guy and he seems like a nice, down to earth guy who is in touch with his feelings. youd have to be a big time asswipe to dislike him.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

my notes say that he;s in favor of bongs, an assortment of "jam", and having an extra day off. all of these things are pretty reasonable and im worried about people who are against his proposals.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

my boss is convinced he's a big time anti-semite becuase he read an article in the daily mail and saw someone in a really offensive costume at a corbyn rally after labour mp's repeatedly said labour has an anti-semitism problem

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jose posted:

my boss is convinced he's a big time anti-semite becuase he read an article in the daily mail and saw someone in a really offensive costume at a corbyn rally after labour mp's repeatedly said labour has an anti-semitism problem

At first I read this as your boss psyching himself into thinking he himself is an antisemite rather than talking about corbyn

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Bryter posted:

Yep, and it just detracts from actual education as well. I spent two years doing basically nothing other than 11+ practice papers, it was such shite.

That was still the case for me well after the abolition of the 11+; SATs were what we focused on instead.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

WINNINGHARD posted:

i watched about four hours worth of interviews and speeches by this "corbett" guy and he seems like a nice, down to earth guy who is in touch with his feelings. youd have to be a big time asswipe to dislike him.

please spell his name right. it's corbet, pronounced like sorbet

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

anime was right posted:

corbyn seems like a dude that could announce to the world "cancer is a bad disease" and somehow there would be universal backlash against him from every other political party and the media wondering why he's not condemning heart disease as well and also many people survive cancer so it cant be that terrible and also who will think of all the pharmaceutical companies who make money off cancer??

He just made a speech saying "the war on terror probably isn't reducing terror attacks" and the papers were outraged.
What was most funny was seeing the one or two sympathetic writers agreeing with him but only via quoting their own opinion pieces.

The loving news itself can only believe something if it has been in the news before lol.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wait guys! I know corbyn says water good so water bad, but I found this 2004 speech by Tony Blair that says water good!

What does it mean?? *Furrows brow reporterly*

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Pierson posted:

when I was in school they assigned us into groups ('houses') named after saints and we got points throughout the year which we traded in for ??????????

i'm not sure if it was meant to make us competitive against our fellow man or what

they're some vestigial aspect of boarding schools, where the houses were literal buildings where students lived, iirc

ours were based on what form you were in in year 7 and 8 so i guess they at least gave you some sense of collective identity with your classmates.
we got merits which were little stickers you would put in your planner and if you got 100 in a year you'd get a badge, and if your house got the most, they'd put your house colour ribbons on the house trophy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/867837838947225600

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
:catstare:
what the gently caress was that?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

:whitewater:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a typical tory

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

this isn't satire?

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

literally sounds exactly like Tory Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul1vCdzNIoI

e: fixed vid code

Stabbatical has issued a correction as of 16:00 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

To be fair, the kid is in a student political club; the Deputy Cheese Guy probably has more of an actual effect on the world than any other member.