Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Der Shovel posted:

For a moment it looked like the Garden of Morr had finally been taken out of rotation, and I was a bit upset since I never got around to buying it. But no, it turns out they just chucked two of them and some extra crap in the same package and called it a "Sigmarite Mausoleum".

It's more expensive of course, but cheaper than buying two Gardens, so I got one. I figured even if I never touch another GW game in my life, I can use it as a Bolt Action cemetery or something.

The Garden of Morr owns, i used it last year to made halloween terrain for Dropzone Commander. The little crypts work nicely as spooky cathedrals at 10mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Holy poo poo Pawl. I'm terrible but wow.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

For_Great_Justice posted:

Holy poo poo Pawl. I'm terrible but wow.

It is almost like we are the https://www.nothingawful.com forums.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

AgentF posted:

Fair enough. If they're willing to make substantial changes to the game mechanics to make things better then that deserves a little respect, even if I don't actually expect the results to be any good unless they replaced all their rules writers as well, or learnt a million lessons from AoS.

Also I read some of that leaked new fluff and that is garbage tier. The Tyranids almost kill all of the Blood Angels until they are saved by Ultramarines (of course) and then maybe Khorne is involved? That is Necron-Blood Angel Fistbump level of story development.

Haha, poo poo, am I reading that right that they are setting up a Blood Angels-Khorne axis?

LordAba posted:

Yup.
Ninja Division was also the last nail in the coffin of Anima Tacics and Hell Dorado.

That pretty bad of them; really loved the HD models - one of the few sources for cool fantasy Saracens. What happened?

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Malibu Stacy got a new hat, unfortunately

Oh god it's so true. All they need is alternate activation to seal the deal.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Worst case scenario, they are. Best case scenario, their recurring nemesis is basically telling Hive Fleet Leviathan "back off bitch, they're mine." Still, it was all resolved really lamely.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
At least fluff Tyranids match their rules in term of being everyone's punching-ball. :v:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

anti_strunt posted:

That pretty bad of them; really loved the HD models - one of the few sources for cool fantasy Saracens. What happened?

AFAIK Ninja Division bought the rights for Anima and HD, basically didn't bother distributing it properly, then threw their hands up and said 'welp, these aren't selling well so we're discontinuing them, go buy our anime titty and tentacle rape games instead, lol thx bye.'

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

There was this really cool Hell Dorado model that I was thinking about using for an Inquisitor back when I thought I'd be playing 40k at least a little. Then I found out the product line had folded like a year previous :(

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zark the Damned posted:

AFAIK Ninja Division bought the rights for Anima and HD, basically didn't bother distributing it properly, then threw their hands up and said 'welp, these aren't selling well so we're discontinuing them, go buy our anime titty and tentacle rape games instead, lol thx bye.'

Yeah, the marketing was horrendous. I always imagined that Anima would go away (since they had their own anime game to publish) but Hell Dorado was unique enough and was established enough as a ruleset that they could have worked on it without impact too many other things.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Pyrolocutus posted:

There was this really cool Hell Dorado model that I was thinking about using for an Inquisitor back when I thought I'd be playing 40k at least a little. Then I found out the product line had folded like a year previous :(

The models for Hell Dorado were excellent. I had this same experience. I can't recall what the puppeteer model was called but for me it was that one and the gluttony models. I also got the big wrath model.

I had to go to Noble Knight games who are based in the U.S. who stock a lot of out of print stuff. If you are in the States that is probably easier but for me in the UK in was expensive. I don't regret it though because the models are great!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
:( Everything I've heard about Alan Bligh made him seem like a really cool guy. I had no idea he was ill.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
but why did gw have to make the space marines bad

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

JerryLee posted:

but why did gw have to make the space marines bad

But I thought they made them cool and good hence the thread title?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a new dread, much based on the now dread coming and it has knees. Truly, we live in interesting times.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Space Marines are easily the least interesting part of the setting and always have been.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

If there was any justice in the world, the GW Death thread would be where your posting career finally bought the farm

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Theres a line even in the death thread, Pawl. Come the gently caress on man.

I visited WHW on a random weekday earlier this year and the place was completely empty. Alan was sat in Bugmans for a few hours chilling out, sometimes chatting to a couple of people sometimes just fiddling with paperwork. I really regret not saying hi. :smith:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I haven't seen this before:
https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/warhammer-40000-debarque-dans-le-heroes-system/

Apparently some kind of chit based 40k war game? It took me a lot longer than it should have for me to figure out exactly what this product or company was.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Just came to post my hot take that the bigmars look just as bad as marines, just bigger and with more poo poo bolted on. It's really jarring looking at the new dreadnaught next to a chaos dreadnaught. I don't imagine that the new small scale chaos marine players are super stoked to be the bad little brothers to the bigmars/new scale space marines.

Hope this helps!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I don't play marines but I'm okay with big mans as far as modeling goes. You're entitled to your opinion of course. :)

However, I don't understand why nuGW felt it was necessary to justify them with new cringeworthy background material instead of simply going "here's truescale marines, lol"

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Soulfucker posted:

However, I don't understand why nuGW felt it was necessary to justify them with new cringeworthy background material instead of simply going "here's truescale marines, lol"

Yeah. The background for them is so dumb. They even could have done interesting stuff with old Marines getting mad about being replaced, or having the Bigmarines basically being flesh robots that need regular Marine officers to lead them. But no.

Being able to guzzle that sweet, sweet geneseed and grow big and strong really takes away a lot of potential interesting storylines.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TTerrible posted:

I visited WHW on a random weekday earlier this year and the place was completely empty. Alan was sat in Bugmans for a few hours chilling out, sometimes chatting to a couple of people sometimes just fiddling with paperwork. I really regret not saying hi. :smith:

The one time I spoke to him he seemed lovely. I'm glad I got to tell him that the Badab War IAs are my favourite works in 40k. He mentioned then, and later in response to other people during seminars that he wanted to do something with the Nova Terra Interegnum period. That was back before Heresy kicked off as I recall. It occurred to me this morning that we'll never get that Interregnum story from him, and that really sucks.

TTerrible posted:

Nah see, it's funny. He made a joke that's funny. See? Why isn't anyone laughing? Eh? He made a joke about the early and unexpected death of a guy who brought a lot of people a great deal of pleasure. That's hilarious. MAGA.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 28, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That reminds me of the seminar at Games Day 2011(12?) when the first HH book came out. In response to a question about Xenos in the future roadmap, he said that they'd love to do a book about the non-imperial side of the great crusade, be it Xenos or isolated humans but it'd come after the actual heresy is dealt with and there is a hell of a lot to cover. So no, there are not going to be orks in book 2. :unsmith:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TTerrible posted:

That reminds me of the seminar at Games Day 2011(12?) when the first HH book came out. In response to a question about Xenos in the future roadmap, he said that they'd love to do a book about the non-imperial side of the great crusade, be it Xenos or isolated humans but it'd come after the actual heresy is dealt with and there is a hell of a lot to cover. So no, there are not going to be orks in book 2. :unsmith:

So basically cool stuff won't happen for another 10 years and 4 more imperial books

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

So basically cool stuff won't happen for another 10 years and 4 more imperial books

To be fair The Horus Heresy is about a pretty specific thing.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
To elaborate on Prodos, the dude at the prodos booth was selling AvP stuff CASH ONLY at AdeptiCon. Clearly trying to evade taxes lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Yeah. The background for them is so dumb. They even could have done interesting stuff with old Marines getting mad about being replaced, or having the Bigmarines basically being flesh robots that need regular Marine officers to lead them. But no.

Being able to guzzle that sweet, sweet geneseed and grow big and strong really takes away a lot of potential interesting storylines.

Symbiosis, two normal marines fuse to make a big marine. That way you could just glue two of your regular marines together to get one.

Or they dug up a bigger suit, and the regular marine in his armor gets sealed in. When the bigmarine armor breaks, the littler marine is released.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Well, the whole thing is about the imperial civil war after the crusade so its to be expected. To crusade era imperial stuff is pretty cool. The militia and cults list is really interesting as it covers non-imperial humans on both sides, abhumans, etc.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

ilmucche posted:

Symbiosis, two normal marines fuse to make a big marine. That way you could just glue two of your regular marines together to get one.

Or they dug up a bigger suit, and the regular marine in his armor gets sealed in. When the bigmarine armor breaks, the littler marine is released.
Play Tzeentch, use bigmarines and smallmarines as horrors.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

muggins posted:

To elaborate on Prodos, the dude at the prodos booth was selling AvP stuff CASH ONLY at AdeptiCon. Clearly trying to evade taxes lol

Alternatively they couldn't afford to rent a mobile credit card reader, or didn't think they'd turn enough business to cover the rental cost

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

NTRabbit posted:

Alternatively they couldn't afford to rent a mobile credit card reader, or didn't think they'd turn enough business to cover the rental cost
One of the readers that connects to paypal is like fifty bucks or something?

But then, it is prodos, so...

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

The Bee posted:

Worst case scenario, they are. Best case scenario, their recurring nemesis is basically telling Hive Fleet Leviathan "back off bitch, they're mine." Still, it was all resolved really lamely.

What was the resolution?

Zark the Damned posted:

Well gently caress. Those donkeys.

Edit: here are pictures of the new dreadnought for those like me who hadn't seen it before:

https://spikeybits.com/2017/05/games-workshop-reveals-new-redemptor-dreadnought.html

PoontifexMacksimus fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 28, 2017

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

anti_strunt posted:

What was the resolution?

It covered an entire 19-wave invasion in a few brief paragraphs, followed by a Warpstorm teleporting the Leviathan fleets away, Gulliman Deus Ex Machina-ing out of nowhere to wipe their remaining ground forces, and the Bloodthirster Ka'bandah stacking Tyranid skulls in what amounts to a post credits scene.

Everything was just way too rushed, and Gulliman in particular came out of nowhere to a ridiculous extent.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Super Guilliman is pretty much gonna be the entire 8th ed fluff an probably for the foreseen future. poo poo is gonna be boring.

Least until they pull Superman totally wasn't dead with Sanguineus.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

For_Great_Justice posted:

Least until they pull Superman totally wasn't dead with Sanguineus.

Well, we know they have both his body and his blood. :drac:

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Well, we know they have both his body and his blood. :drac:

The Horus heresy books also more or less imply the primarchs were essentially greater daemons of the emperor. They can bring him back, blood angels have been around too long for them not to.

Watch them gently caress it up by having him come back full vampire tho.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TTerrible posted:

Well, the whole thing is about the imperial civil war after the crusade so its to be expected. To crusade era imperial stuff is pretty cool. The militia and cults list is really interesting as it covers non-imperial humans on both sides, abhumans, etc.

Meh. I know I'm in the minority, but I just find most of the Heresy stuff to be pretty boring. Like it's initially interesting to see rules for the legions, and some parts of it are cool, but then it gets dragged on for a dozen years or more with constant retcons and changes and hextuple-crosses by Alpharius and I've lost most of my interest. I'd rather see the Laer at this point

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Meh. I know I'm in the minority, but I just find most of the Heresy stuff to be pretty boring. Like it's initially interesting to see rules for the legions, and some parts of it are cool, but then it gets dragged on for a dozen years or more with constant retcons and changes and hextuple-crosses by Alpharius and I've lost most of my interest. I'd rather see the Laer at this point

Nah its understandable. There are only so many space marine units you canget excited about. The next book, Angelus is going to start on the early days of the dark mechanicum so that might have some crazy stuff in it. Still humans being dicks tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Kithkar posted:

Watch them gently caress it up by having him come back full vampire tho.

Wow. Some bad opinions ITT.

• Locked thread