Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dun Scaith isn't that bad, its just hoping that at least 12 of the 24 people in the raid aren't complete mouthbreathers to carry the ones who are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Does TPT do newbie Coil runs on any regular schedule? I still have yet to even set foot in there, I'd love to see it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Also they changed voice actors for Alphinaud didn't they? One cutscene into this thing and his voice is not the same at all.

Everyone's VAs changed in HW. Nearly all of them change for the better, Alphinaud was jarring but ends up being real good, and tragically, the one character whose voice gets straight up worse is Merlwyb. :(

victrix posted:

Does TPT do newbie Coil runs on any regular schedule? I still have yet to even set foot in there, I'd love to see it.

There's no schedule but if you ask in FC chat when lots of people are on you're not going to have any problems finding people willing to do unsynced Coils, trust me.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 28, 2017

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I use Japanese VO because this game is anime. Gosetsu has a very cool voice btw.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I know I'm a little late to the SAM glam thing, but I'm disappointed so many of you are going for anime samurai and so few are going for anime yakuza.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So is the Bahamut raid behind that guy in Mor Dohna that leads to a quest where they want you to do 2 specific fates? I kinda gave up at that part since i figured even if i did the drat fates many people weren't even doing the raid nowadays anyway.

Strange that a major character is basically only in a raid though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

the one character whose voice gets straight up worse is Merlwyb. :(
it's a handicap so that other people can compete for the title of best girl, yet still fail handily to mount a proper challenge.

the woman in stormblood who stamps on people with the hime cut could be a challenger though

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So is the Bahamut raid behind that guy in Mor Dohna that leads to a quest where they want you to do 2 specific fates? I kinda gave up at that part since i figured even if i did the drat fates many people weren't even doing the raid nowadays anyway.

Nah, that's Crystal Tower. The Bahamut Raid pointer is back in the Waking Sands with Urianger, after you've done all three hard mode 2.0 story primals.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Of course it's there,even after moving twice now they still want me to Return to the Waking Sands :sigh:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Just for the record, a lot of people are still doing Crystal Tower. Even in this pre-Stormblood lull. Reddit established Sunday as the day where everyone does it. It's a good source of poetics and it's an anima step.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
And it's the best raid content in the game by far, provided you're going in with a premade group that wants to inflict fun on everyone.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I've never done a raid in this game, partially because I haven't played in quite a while. Maybe one day.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Lemon-Lime posted:

Everyone's VAs changed in HW. Nearly all of them change for the better, Alphinaud was jarring but ends up being real good, and tragically, the one character whose voice gets straight up worse is Merlwyb. :(

Urianger is also a tragic loss, but aside from him and Merlwyb pretty much everybody else's is for the better. (Ilberd's VA change feels really weird but eventually pays off).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

final coil as a whole was some of the most fun I've ever had raiding in an mmo when it was current. all the fights are really fun and were super satisfying to beat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Turn 13 is the best fight in the game. Even unsynced, it's the best fight in the game, it's that good.

In a way, they kind of blew their load early with Bahamut because there's not much, if anything, that is as iconic in FF but would still make a great final raid boss for an expansion/installment. Alexander was a good try but he just doesn't compare.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 28, 2017

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
While I appreciate that the majority probably agrees with you, having FF9 be my darling means they're both awesome to me. So Alexander did keep up... mostly, even as the deck is stacked against it. Mide is forgettable, within the context of FF14 alone Bahamut is a huge deal, and Alex kinda feels like a victim of the ruthless dev cycle Heavensward had*.

On the flip side, it was a fun plot in places "Time is flat roundshape!", the goblins were amusing bad guys, some of the fights are genuinely a joy to do and the music is superb in just how loving strange it is.

Overall? I'm glad when an antagonist gets their moment and then are done with. Clawing bad guys through the mud in an effort to keep reusing them is lazy at best, damaging at worst. Bahamut and Alex have had their time to shine, roll on Omega and the other guy. :ssh:.

*Two loving drops per Gordas run out of a pool of three loving items and the horror stories surrounding A3S and A4S?! They say they learned from their mistakes and Midas/Creator shows that, but I really hope they never backslide into that kind of poo poo again!

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 28, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Urianger is also a tragic loss, but aside from him and Merlwyb pretty much everybody else's is for the better. (Ilberd's VA change feels really weird but eventually pays off).

New Urianger is fine, IMO, it's not like Merlwyb where the voice got actively worse. He's just different.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I liked old Midgardsormr, but he was written differently as well.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Urianger's voiced lines were fairly limited in both ARR and HW, so aside from the fact that I knew he wasn't done by Gideon Emery the second time around, it wasn't all that noticeable, in my opinion.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Answers is bad and overrated

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Thyrork posted:

I liked old Midgardsormr, but he was written differently as well.

The original voice is fine but good lord does he take his time to say anything at all. I"m sure the whole pact thing will come into play more HW but he really didn't do much of anything in the base game.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Old Middy voice really bothered me with just how long and drawn out the end of every single sentence was. With the new one I felt like at least I'd be able to hold a conversation with the guy. Cryptic and vaguely assholeish conversations, but still.

I wonder if he'll ever interject again or if he doesn't really care any more since 3.3.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Verranicus posted:

sasuga verra-chan desu

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Colin Ryan has been goddamn crushing it as Alf and Carina Reeves is Literally The Perfect Tataru. And Robyn Addison (Shtola) and Peter Bramhill (Thancred) have both really grown into their roles. I really hope they decide to stick with the London cast for the long haul, they've all gotten super good.

I'll be curious to see how Yugiri v3 shakes out, though - the new actress (whose name I don't actually recall offhand, she's obv. super new) is putting a different spin again on it compared to the LA actress and to Sian Blake, who was trying to make her a little more obviously "foreign" with somewhat mixed results, though I ultimately still liked it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Verranicus posted:

It's good, but it's also definitely overrated.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

I'll be curious to see how Yugiri v3 shakes out, though - the new actress (whose name I don't actually recall offhand, she's obv. super new) is putting a different spin again on it compared to the LA actress and to Sian Blake, who was trying to make her a little more obviously "foreign" with somewhat mixed results, though I ultimately still liked it.

Eleanor Matsuura is the listed name for English VA Yugiri in the 3.56 credits.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What's that Zhloe Aliapoh thing about?
Worth starting up if you're not super into crafting or is it just an exercise in futility this close to SB?

Griz
May 21, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Worth starting up if you're not super into crafting or is it just an exercise in futility this close to SB?

it's a quick and easy way to get lots of crafter scrips so you can finish buying all the master books or whatever.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

You should do the Bahamut raid anyways because its cool but also the cinematic you get near the end is one of the craziest looking cg scenes square has ever done and they hid it behind content that most players skip nowadays.

Or you could just go to the official FFXIV youtube channel and watch it there.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Klades posted:

Or you could just go to the official FFXIV youtube channel and watch it there.

When there are so many people willing to help do the cool old raid stuff why would you make this decision

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Meldonox posted:

And it's the best raid content in the game by far, provided you're going in with a premade group that wants to inflict fun on everyone.

I prefer the tiered raids like Coil and Alexander over the 24 mans specifically because a bunch of guys can't inflict their fun on everyone else.

Verranicus posted:

It's ok to be wrong.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

A fat moogle rolls up to our door with 10 afk goons and my little self. I think we got drive by rped.

TPT what is it known for? ERP.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 28, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Zhloe is there is you like pineapples and probable child abuse.

Also easy crafting or gathering scrips for less than an hour of effort a week.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Zhloe sucks because Zhloe refers to Zhloe in the third person forever and it's very tedious. I like the idea of the bonding system or whatever it's called, hopefully it's a bit more fleshed out in SB

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Fat and Useless posted:

A fat moogle rolls up to our door with 10 afk goons and my little self. I think we got drive by rped.

That reminds me, you find some weird poo poo on Party Finder sometimes.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's pretty clearly set up as something they expect to have more NPCs for in SB, since a whole special deliveries timer window just for Zhloe seems like it'd be a waste otherwise.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

That reminds me, you find some weird poo poo on Party Finder sometimes.

drat, I'm surprised you caught that before it filled up with all the girls who were probably rushing over each other for the chance to be hit on and called a bitch by party members.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's just wholesome over on Aether right now

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fat and Useless posted:

That's the guy who's been harassing people in front of the FC house for a few weeks now, trying to get people to bird farm for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

My only beef with Zhloe is that she lays on the starving-for-the-children shtick so thick I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, like she's really been pawning things off to feed her insatiable anime coke habit.

Otherwise it's just another reputation but gated weekly instead of daily.

• Locked thread