Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Megasabin posted:

If your idea is so simple why haven't other game companies with tons more money & staff, whose playerbases have been begging for a system like you describe to be implemented for years, not been able to do it?

It's just not as easy as you think.

Even if you continue to insist, it's irrelevant, because it 100% isn't going to happen in this game.

I'm not exactly insisting, since it was a somewhat tongue-in-cheek suggestion from the start. (Literally, "add a report system and only ban the people who send reports".) But okay, in the future I'll only discuss topics of which Megasabin approves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyImportantPeanutKlappa

motorbike owns.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, 'you can be banned for deliberate griefing' is not very rare in the video game community and has thus far not really seemed to be a point of much legal contention.

gamers think you can sue a company for making a girl protagonist, they're not the brightest legal minds

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
Holy poo poo the endorphin rush of winning is amazing. Got that solo chicken.

As you can see the circle focused on a completely empty stretch of beach. killed some guys randomly in the field beforehand. I went the whole round with a double barrel shotgun and an M4 with a 4x scope and no suppressor.
killed another guy about 500m down the beach who was camping some rocks and saw me, that sucked because I'd been swimming, but I found a rock to stand on.
sidled over here along the beach and nobody saw me. I took out guy #4 on the right, and finished off guy #3 on the left near another tiny shack who had been fighting guy #2. Guy #2 got eaten by the zone and I won.

The game is massively about good positions and timing and you just need some guns that are "good enough" which usually means a rifle with some kind of scope.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Since I don't have a networking degree I didn't get to make obnoxious posts about whether lag is real or not, but you had better believe i WILL throw around my brief stint at Blizzard as a GM and say that "just add a report system and ban people who abuse it" is a very naive suggestion

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

TacMan posted:

The game is massively about good positions and timing and you just need some guns that are "good enough" which usually means a rifle with some kind of scope.

Scopes are by far the most important thing in the entire game. Your gear doesn't mean poo poo if someone can plink you down from so far away you'll never even see them.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://gfycat.com/VictoriousIllustriousCusimanse.webm

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

This is quite the slippery slope.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Always maintain a safe distance from other drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdoL1gUvI5o

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

TacMan posted:

The game is massively about good positions and timing and you just need some guns that are "good enough" which usually means a rifle with some kind of scopeSILENCER.

thegoat
Jan 26, 2004

Finally getting better? Taiwan #1

thegoat fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 28, 2017

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

thegoat posted:

Finally getting better? Taiwan #1

China #19. I killed the only guy I saw that round, although technically someone else saw him for me. Still counts.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
So I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouse, but my only experience with the new VSS was pretty bad?

I couldn't hit poo poo (more than normal)...is that because of a big bullet drop off or something?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

TracerBullet posted:

So I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouse, but my only experience with the new VSS was pretty bad?

I couldn't hit poo poo (more than normal)...is that because of a big bullet drop off or something?

Yes. Watch your tracers next time, you've got to do some ridiculous compensating for distance.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

If you think they are going to pay people to implement a reporting system and go through griefing reports to ban people in Early Access, you are out of your mind. Just stop playing with pubbies

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
you can't adjust the sights, you have to use the sight picture to gauge distance

the first swoosh is the height of a standing man, the second a crouching man. the segments 1,2,3,4 represent hundreds of meters.

pretty sure the center chevron is 200m but I've only used the VSS once so iono

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

TracerBullet posted:

The bullets travel much slower for the VSS so you have to be much more predictive in you firing.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
This is definitely an absurd match here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGjhbel3aHo

jubjub64 posted:

The bullets travel much slower for the VSS so you have to be much more predictive in you firing.

The VSS bullet shouldn't be as slow as it is, really, it's slightly faster than .45 ACP's original loading.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
The Vintorez is amazing in its niche. It has no horizontal recoil whatsoever. You can hose people down without them ever knowing you were there.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I hate when teammates are so insistent on getting revived, especially if I'm being shot at already. What the gently caress do you expect me to do? Run out and expose myself to revive you so we can both end up dead? If I'm downed and it's a dangerous area, I'll tell my team to focus on getting rid of whoever it is shooting at us before trying to revive me.

I've died countless times because rear end in a top hat teammates are all "Quick revive me I'm gonna die, there's enough time, it's safe!" when it clearly isn't, and then the line that takes the cake is when we both die and they say "Ah well, you tried". Cheers, rear end in a top hat. I told them that in the future, don't expect a revive if I think it's dangerous.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqpHU0oLG2Y&t=187s

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/0q813

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 28, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is this currently unplayable for anyone else?

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is this currently unplayable for anyone else?

Yep

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bohemian Nights posted:

and after they finish with they they should patch out hacking

how hard can it be???

No, first they need to patch out lag you idiot.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
This game needs poison berries that look like regular berries, but if you eat them it gives you time dilation like in Eve.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

The Vintorez is amazing in its niche. It has no horizontal recoil whatsoever. You can hose people down without them ever knowing you were there.

Yeah but everyone keeps trying to use it as a sniper rifle when it should really be replacing your AR/SMG slot

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

That was good

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Bolow posted:

Yeah but everyone keeps trying to use it as a sniper rifle when it should really be replacing your AR/SMG slot

with 10 round clips? I'll keep a UMP or SCAR for rapid fire dirty work, I think.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Fauxshiz posted:

This game needs poison berries that look like regular berries, but if you eat them it gives you time dilation like in Eve.

That's planned for the GOTY+DLC edition.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Voxx posted:

That was good

Hell yes, this is where the Arma roots of the game shine, when it plays out like a badass action movie.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

TracerM17 posted:

That's planned for the GOTY+DLC edition.

Don't even joke

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The vss is a fun gimmick weapon. I landed near military base garages and got a vss. Killed another lander and ran towards the storage building and hid in one of the bushes near the back door because i could hear someone coming. Realized someone was hiding in the bush right infront of me and killed him without alerting anyone else.

Saw grimmz on his stream using it to harass people because you dont know where the shots are coming from.

I wish all the guns showed the bullets like that so i could get better at sniping.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

WOW

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
This is probably the best game ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZe3NLoddY

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jerkface posted:

Saw grimmz on his stream using it to harass people because you dont know where the shots are coming from.

This is why the gun is so good, you can't hear the shots at all unless you are right by the dude shooting

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Anyone else having trouble connecting?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah it's been a few hours since it's worked

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Calculated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I was stunting on the test servers while the main server was down, some idiot kept plinking at my bike. I mostly ignored him and kept jumping the same ramp over and over. Eventually, I found him.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147887527

• Locked thread