Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Groovelord Neato posted:

i cannot disagree.

it is because my razor wit is incapacitating you, rendering your reptile brain from posing a counter-argument

behold

skylined! fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Can you folks stop making GBS threads on each other for a moment? The lack of votes is an alarming problem, yes, but you have to understand that, as some goon already posted, constantly doing the whole "Lesser of Two Evils" dance gets tiresome. There's a ton of work that needs to be done; and not only in the US, mind you. Also, campaigns take a poo poo-load of time. Do you understand how draining it is to be "On the campaign trail" for over a year? How much is/was Hillary in the red due to her campaign costs?

Let's be civil here, dudes.

Oh my god

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/868856656070926337
https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/868825311097618432

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

skylined! posted:

it is because my razor wit is incapacitating you, rendering your reptile brain from posing a counter-argument

behold

must.. resist copy and pasting my sick own at you

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

:ussr:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

he's a wrestler that has a show about obstacle courses.

also lmao

i cannot disagree.

lmao so wait you think im the real stone cold steve austin

oh buddy, jees

i don't know how to tell you this without breaking your heart

santa was your parents

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm wondering if assange is aware it's illegal to do so. probably not as he thinks it's cool to gently caress women without their ok.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

She didn't have to see poo poo in him, the whole thing reeks of an arranged marriage

Donnie needs a cover for The Incest.

Also he recently developed a cucking fetish.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Twibbit posted:

People are getting far more tired of dealing with the worse of two evils

Yeah, this whole "I don't want to vote for the lesser of two evils!" whine is getting mighty old. If you have a choice, you always pick the lesser of two evils because it's less loving evil.

Do you think that everyone who voted for Macron in France was thrilled with him? Of course not, but they recognized that they didn't have a choice between him and perfection, they only had the choice they were presented: him or Le Pen. And, thankfully, they made the choice that apparently a lot of Americans are too childish and petulant to entertain, held their nose, and voted for the least bad option.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Get this groovelord,

the tooth fairy?

also your parents

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when i licked my own balls?

also my parents.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Well he would know a thing or two about how great talking to russia can be

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Paradoxish posted:

I mean that's fine and we probably don't have any major disagreement here, but the posters that started this whole massive derail were literally arguing that most Americans (or the "average American") contributed to Trump's victory, which I don't think the data really supports at all. It's an extremely frustrating argument because it has the effect of papering over the hundred ways our democracy is just fundamentally broken at this point.

"Derail", in this usage, appears to mean "topic that makes White American Males uncomfortable" since I cannot see how discussion of the populace that elected Trump is anything other than germane to the topic of the Trump presidency.

More than 150m Americans were able to cast a vote against Donald Trump and did not-they either voted for him, or did not vote for President at all.

You have the gall to claim the data doesn't support the arguments most Americans contributed to Trump's victory via sins of commission or omission-as if we should accept that anecdotally, more than 80m Americans just couldn't vote against the scumbag of a man.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Paracaidas posted:

"Derail", in this usage, appears to mean "topic that makes White American Males uncomfortable" since I cannot see how discussion of the populace that elected Trump is anything other than germane to the topic of the Trump presidency.

More than 150m Americans were able to cast a vote against Donald Trump and did not-they either voted for him, or did not vote for President at all.

You have the gall to claim the data doesn't support the arguments most Americans contributed to Trump's victory via sins of commission or omission-as if we should accept that anecdotally, more than 80m Americans just couldn't vote against the scumbag of a man.

Right, I mean the best thing that can be said about the ones who weren't suppressed is they didn't vote for trump

which, low bar

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Google Butt posted:

must.. resist copy and pasting my sick own at you

if there is no {{{russian conspiracy}}}, how me a dog lick my own genitals ????

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aliquid posted:

Oh my god
What? Was it that tone-deaf? I admit that at times my English-writing skills can leave a lot to be desired, but the last 3 or so pages felt like a constant dumping on each other. And while morbidly entertaining, the value of said entertainment wears off really fast.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So we all agree that Assange was really just a traitor and a rapist all along right?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

skylined! posted:

if there is no {{{russian conspiracy}}}, how me a dog lick my own genitals ????

nobody cares that you're an anti Semite

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

stone cold posted:

Get this groovelord,

the tooth fairy?

also your parents

Hey how about instead of rolling in here and acting like a angry weirdo, you propose something that might help fix the issue you're talking about.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pollyanna posted:

I'm still pissed about Van Jones saying this exact thing.

Me too, I thought he was one of the few cable talking heads who actually knew what he was talking about, and then he committed career suicide and I don't even have a shred of empathy for his fall from grace

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

sean10mm posted:

So we all agree that Assange was really just a traitor and a rapist all along right?

Maybe not in the very beginning, but definitely for the past 5+ years yeah

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

stone cold posted:

nobody cares that you're an anti Semite

not sure what you mean here, {} are sideways onion domes. () is about the jews

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Yes

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

when i licked my own balls?

also my parents.

Hey guys get a room this thread wasn't made for your flirting it's for despairing the Trump Administration.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Google Butt posted:

Hey how about instead of rolling in here and acting like a angry weirdo, you propose something that might help fix the issue you're talking about.

How about instead of not voting and pretending both sides same, get people to the polls and actually engage in the process?

Like I know you're on five levels of irony but if you can't handle bare minimum voting if you're not being suppressed you're a worthless pile of garbage

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Paracaidas posted:

How many of those 80m Americans lived in states whose electors voted for Hillary Clinton? What are the racial and income breakdowns of those voters?

Look, if you want to talk about the importance of voting for local elections and house/senate seats then fine, but if we're talking about the presidency then you have a pile of hurdles to jump over if you want to seriously claim that people who don't vote are responsible for Donald Trump sitting in the oval office.

edit- Ignoring, of course, people who stayed home in states that went for Trump by narrow margins. But that's kind of the point: there's more nuance here than you're willing to admit.

Paradoxish fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 28, 2017

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sean10mm posted:

yes, except maybe for the collateral damage video

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

skylined! posted:

ach I'll retract that

my allergies are killing me today

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Filthy Hans posted:

Me too, I thought he was one of the few cable talking heads who actually knew what he was talking about, and then he committed career suicide and I don't even have a shred of empathy for his fall from grace

i don't get how you can go from calling trump's election a whitelash on election night to going he became president because he didn't poo poo himself in front of everyone. also the speech sucked and was transparently using the death of a serviceman on a stupid mission he decided on over dinner to boost his approval ratings.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

skylined! posted:

Please continue to lick your own genitals

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Not voting because neither option offers you what you deem important is legitimate. It is the job of the party to win those votes, not the obligation of the voter to press D because they aren't the Republicans.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

flashman posted:

Not voting because neither option offers you what you deem important is legitimate. It is the job of the party to win those votes, not the obligation of the voter to press D because they aren't the Republicans.

this was what i was getting at - it's the party's fault trump is president not the voters.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Google Butt posted:

Please continue to lick your own genitals

like if you don't vote and sit there and tell me "ooh but whatever the downballot didn't matter we lost by hundreds anyways," you're licking your own genitals

i don't understand how you don't get that and you should probably have all your teeth fall out and choke on them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

flashman posted:

It's a legitimate way to be a dumbass.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I find intense apathy and nihilism is the best way to solve problems.

Huh, it isn't? Gonna need some proof, buddy.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

this was what i was getting at - it's the party's fault trump is president not the voters.

so you must be white because i love the way you're downplaying the culpability of actual trump voters

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

stone cold posted:

ach I'll retract that

my allergies are killing me today

it's ok, i understand. for i am but a humble poo poo poster who hates trump and the gop and swimming against the tide of despair.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

stone cold posted:

How about instead of not voting and pretending both sides same, get people to the polls and actually engage in the process?

Like I know you're on five levels of irony but if you can't handle bare minimum voting if you're not being suppressed you're a worthless pile of garbage

How do you propose we get that message across to the people you're describing?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

stone cold posted:

so you must be white because i love the way you're downplaying the culpability of actual trump voters

hahah what.

there are more potential democratic voters than republican voters. you aren't gonna win over trump voters, they're shitheads. you have to get out your own people. what the gently caress how did that idiot think you can't run circles around me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

skylined! posted:

it's ok, i understand. for i am but a humble poo poo poster who hates trump and the gop and swimming against the tide of despair.

a great way to do this is channel your anger at people who tell you that voting doesn't matter and that the "hip" way to be is stay home and eat club crackers with cheez whiz

• Locked thread