Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

So yeah, a lot of this race is luck

Correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
jesus loving christ he even hosed up the safety fence

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Nando has put up with so much of Honda's poo poo, it's time to cash in that karma and drink some milk.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Theophany posted:

I bet he was mashing he brake pedal the whole time he was airborne.

I seem to remember Mahk Webbah confirming this when he was on Top Gear and Clarkson brought up his Flight of the CLK-GTR at Le Mans.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

McGuinty posted:

I seem to remember Mahk Webbah confirming this when he was on Top Gear and Clarkson brought up his Flight of the CLK-GTR at Le Mans.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of when I saw it!

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Video of the crash

https://twitter.com/ibpemu/status/868876684455546881'

LOL at Castroneves going under the airborne car.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Holy gently caress the ad breaks

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My grandmother had an affair with Susan B Anthony.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
The number of adbreaks is loving insane.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Thanks Ants posted:

This is what it's like watching F1 on NBC Sports too, it's loving awful.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

EnsGDT posted:

This is what it's like watching F1 on NBC Sports too, it's loving awful.

Yup

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

AgentJotun posted:

The number of adbreaks is loving insane.

This is legitimately the only reason I don't watch American Football.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
At least in Canada on TSN when the ads start during a sports broadcast that normally doesn't have ads (ex. F1) it just goes into a side-by-side picture thing where you gotta squint to see what's going on still but hell still better.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Theophany posted:

Nando has put up with so much of Honda's poo poo, it's time to cash in that karma and drink some milk.

What's the deal with that milk? I read something about it itt yesterday or so. Something anout an interview which type of milk the drivers prefer? :whoptc:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Though to be fair they usually heavily front load commercials here so they can show the end of the event with less interruption.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
God bless that chunky photographer on the stretcher

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Even though it was on the exact opposite side of the track, I was getting flashbacks to Gordon Smiley's fatal encounter with the catch fencing back in '82

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

This is legitimately the only reason I don't watch American Football.

Yeh I like to watch NBA, so I knew US sports were bad for breaks.....but this is...wow.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thanks Ants posted:

Its not like they got anything else to do during a res flag

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If you want to see if ads can actually kill you, check out the NASCAR race later tonight. It's like a fun gauntlet!!

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

LochNessMonster posted:

What's the deal with that milk? I read something about it itt yesterday or so. Something anout an interview which type of milk the drivers prefer? :whoptc:

A guy named Louis Meyer who was fond of buttermilk to rehydrate happened to drink some in Victory Lane back in 1936 and the milk board saw it as an opportunity to advertise their tit liquid.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

AgentJotun posted:

Yeh I like to watch NBA, so I knew US sports were bad for breaks.....but this is...wow.

Lmao it's red flagged

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
NASCAR now even stops the race at regular intervals to show ads

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

If you want to see if ads can actually kill you, check out the NASCAR race later tonight. It's like a fun gauntlet!!

Seconded.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

LochNessMonster posted:

the drivers are asked prior to race day what kind of milk they want to quaff if they should win, so the stewards don't need to run them down and ask right after they cross the finish line

for all his beauty and skill, Nando is deeply flawed in that he said he wanted to drink paint-colored water instead of actual milk like how God and Nature intended

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Mandatory cautions :bahgawd:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Is this true.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

wicka posted:

Lmao it's red flagged

Yeh but when it was a live track they were on the second ad break by lap 20!

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

Is this true.

It's

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Is this true.

The stages put the race under caution twice a race now, yes.

I would argue that they sure as gently caress didn't care about throwing to ads during green before or after anyway, so it's not much different.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stages are better than competition/debris flags

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

There's so many ads because ESPN/ABC doesn't really give a poo poo about motorsports anymore so they're just trying to milk the most money out of it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you want reduced ads but also a lot of 'Indycar for children' analysis, find a stream for BT Sport ESPN in the UK

e: same commentary as the US btw but they go silent during the time where commercials are on over there

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Is this true.

NASCAR, in its drive to engineer some kind of playoffs system for motorsports, has introduced a "stage" system to their races

so at least twice every race, everything stops and they break for ads so they can award championship points to whoever was leading at the end of the stage before resuming the race under mandatory yellow flags

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Argus Zant posted:

NASCAR, in its drive to engineer some kind of playoffs system for motorsports, has introduced a "stage" system to their races

so at least twice every race, everything stops and they break for ads so they can award championship points to whoever was leading at the end of the stage before resuming the race under mandatory yellow flags

That's incredible

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That's a proper crash Dixon had, it makes me, 0-time WDC Feels Villeneuve, proud.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Scott Dixon is a badass btw and a real good driver

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's a proper crash Dixon had, it makes me, 0-time WDC Feels Villeneuve, proud.

The rear of his car hit the hence not himself. A poor tribute.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Scott Dixon is a badass btw and a real good driver

Sorry what I fell asleep he was being interviewed.

• Locked thread