Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bubba Smith posted:

UFC is trying to book Junior Dos Santos against that Francis Ngannow guy. The dude who punches hard. The guy who punches real hard and has been knocking out former HW champs recently. yeah. yeah we care about our athletes. here's your 50% off rebok coupon JDS thanks for the career

jds should fight a top 10 hw who's not known for brutal knockouts such as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

theyre at an impasse then .. i think they should both go to a fairground and compete in all the different stuff like shooting nailed down prizes with a cork gun, fishing stuff out of a barreo etc. dodgems + ring toss

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

theyre at an impasse then .. i think they should both go to a fairground and compete in all the different stuff like shooting nailed down prizes with a cork gun, fishing stuff out of a barreo etc. dodgems + ring toss

yeah you're right they should coach the ultimate fighter

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

drat i forgot they used to do that poo poo

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The only one of those I really remember was from the Carwin-Nelson season where the challenge was designed specifically to humiliate Roy by having him compete in track and field events

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

I imagine it'd be something like this

Team de Randemie fighter: "Our team is the best!"

Cyborg: "HEY gently caress YOU! YOU'RE SCUM. I'LL KILL YOU" [beats the poo poo out of them with a crowbar]

Fightland @ Vice: "Cyborg... owns"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Fightland @ Vice: "Cyborg... owns"

Lol.. they posted another article about how the mma community reached a "rare consensus" in supporting cyborg after the magana thing

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i think jds will beat that francis guy. he's still really good. just not elite. whereas knocking out arlovski puts francis in the esteemed company of brett rogers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Foul Fowl posted:

i think jds will beat that francis guy. he's still really good. just not elite. whereas knocking out arlovski puts francis in the esteemed company of brett rogers.

Have you watched any of Ngannou's fights? He would beat Brett Rogers worse than Overeem did.

He didn't just KO Arlovski. He's destroyed everyone he's fought.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mewse posted:

Lol.. they posted another article about how the mma community reached a "rare consensus" in supporting cyborg after the magana thing

That's that Josh Rosenblatt guy who posted long cringy articles about how Fedor losing made him cry.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

That's that Josh Rosenblatt guy who posted long cringy articles about how Fedor losing made him cry.

I've seen 3 of their writers write Cyborg love pieces. The one before Cyborg got popped was a woman so I presumed she had a different perspective from most MMA writers but the two recently have been men, so it's like they're all getting editorial direction

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Have you watched any of Ngannou's fights? He would beat Brett Rogers worse than Overeem did.

He didn't just KO Arlovski. He's destroyed everyone he's fought.

the last time jds fought someone on arlovski's level was uhh 2010, roy nelson when he was undefeated in the ufc. the last time he fought someone on the level of ngannou's other opponents was before the ufc (or i guess yvel if you want to be really generous).

ngannou might be really good but he's fought one good fighter who is notorious for his awful chin and had lost three in a row. and jds has fought the best fighters in the division for like seven years.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
JDS just lost so his next fight he'll look like a world beater against Ngannou

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ngannou's probably the best new prospect the HW division has had in a long time.
Lots to do to turn potential into reality, naturally.

JDS vs Ngannou could easily be another Edgar/Yair situation though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Heavyweight is a very different world than 145. JDS is going to get knocked cold by Ngannou.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

UFC needs to make her the first champion that they just cut outright.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I'll take Junior over the guy whose best win is 2017 vintage Andrei Arlovski and who has never been out of the second round.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Who knows man. Its heavyweight and all fights are decided by occult hoodoo rituals on forgotten shrines to elder gods. poo poo makes no sense, which is kind of fun in its own way.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I have nothing to do with it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Rigel posted:

UFC needs to make her the first champion that they just cut outright.

Cut her, cut Cyborg, quietly remove the entire division from the website and just pretend W145 never happened.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

mewse posted:

I've seen 3 of their writers write Cyborg love pieces. The one before Cyborg got popped was a woman so I presumed she had a different perspective from most MMA writers but the two recently have been men, so it's like they're all getting editorial direction

UFC pays to have Fightland made, so even if they don't have direct editorial control, they probably have lots of influence. Maybe the previous owners said "make Cyborg happen", and the new owners haven't gotten around to reversing the order.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think JDS vs. Ngannou is a pretty good match up, everybody is pointing out that Ngannou has only beaten up scrubs and chinny old Arlovski but you'll never find out if he can do more than just beat up scrubs if you don't eventually put him in there against proven fighters.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I have nothing to do with it.

i laughed really hard

I have JDS over Ngannou definitely and will be very excited to watch the fight

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Id like to see Derrick Lewis tighten up his striking game and become more relevant too. Hes pretty durable and hasnt taken much damage as of yet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well, putting him in with Mark Hunt is a good way to determine how durable he is. Really looking forward to that Auckland card, guess it's too late at this point in time to get Kai Kara-France on it though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
212 deserves some sort of award for being the shittiest card that i will gladly pay money for. take the main event off that bitch and it's looking as recognisable as the most recent pancrase card, except i'd consider a hioki fight a better use of my time than a loving vitor fight at this point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's a card tomorrow afternoon so don't forget to make your Goonweight picks. You can basically RNG it on some of these fights!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811972&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post472720212

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Fight pass prelims are live

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I kinda like Sunday morning fights.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
is there no gdt

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

is there no gdt

lol, I don't think so. Why is everyone in this loving crowd wolf-whistling.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
holy poo poo, lol

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Holy moly

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Darren Till is good but maybe don't be so fuckin cocky when you blew weight by 5 pounds.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here is a bad thread to discuss a bad card: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821929

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

*Takes steriods until head turns into an Easter Island statue*
*Just busted for taking a masking agent late last year*

:byodame: BASELESS RUMORS I TELL YOU :byodame:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Dave posted:

I kinda like Sunday morning fights.

That's one of the nice things about living in Asia at the moment. I can go out drinking Saturday night, sleep and by 11am or so whenever I wake up Sunday the UFC fights are on (when they start at 10pm ET)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/gokhantherebel/status/868937109754826752

lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Can't wait to see him get busted by usada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

NYSAC quick to respond to the devastating cheating of daniel 'dc' cormier http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/2..._source=twitter

• Locked thread