Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I just deleted my A17 game in a rage. I had four of my six dudes get eye injuries while killing beavers.

The eye injuries caused enough pain to permanently keep them in shock unless they were stoned. Once the smoke leaf tolerance built up the only way to keep them awake was by doing nothing else but smoking.

I wish there was an option to just remove the scarred eyes :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Be careful because if they are taking raw meats past cooked food there is a risk of contamination!

Game needs a "kosher" mode :jewish:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShadowHawk posted:

The logic is along the lines of "I'm hungry now, I will walk up to this much distance to get food"

It's my food, and I need it NOW!

yoloer420 posted:

I just deleted my A17 game in a rage. I had four of my six dudes get eye injuries while killing beavers.

The eye injuries caused enough pain to permanently keep them in shock unless they were stoned. Once the smoke leaf tolerance built up the only way to keep them awake was by doing nothing else but smoking.

Install eye patches on them.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah it's not "wear a pirate patch" it's actually "perform eye removal and cleanup surgery then put a cosmetically reasonable fake eye in place"

Should probably be renamed to that.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

that was amazing, well done!

yoloer420 posted:

THE EYES, BOO, GO FOR THE EYYYES

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

yoloer420 posted:

Is it worth noting your username when talking about Rimworld doodz whose only lives are lived 420ing it up? Also, EPOE seems to have something to fix scars. That'd probably help.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It's specifically EPOE Hardcore that allows you to use Glitterworld mess to fix scars, which is such a good idea that I honestly feel it should be in the base game.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Stone cutting gives construction XP instead of crafting xp now even though it still uses crafting in the work tab.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

That Guy Bob posted:

Stone cutting gives construction XP instead of crafting xp now even though it still uses crafting in the work tab.

That's how Tonka Construction works.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's my food, and I need it NOW!

There was no option for this in the surgery menu. Is there a mod required?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Be careful because if they are taking raw meats past cooked food there is a risk of contamination!

Wait, really? Jesus christ no wonder everyone keeps getting food poisoning.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

IcePhoenix posted:

Wait, really? Jesus christ no wonder everyone keeps getting food poisoning.

Gordon Ramsay is gonna shove his foot so far up your rear end

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Coolguye posted:

It's specifically EPOE Hardcore that allows you to use Glitterworld mess to fix scars, which is such a good idea that I honestly feel it should be in the base game.
Note that in Alpha 17 there's a bug that makes medicine not affect surgery success chance (it affects other treatments though): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32763.0

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lunethex posted:

It is a level of detail I do not expect from a video game, I think Gordon Ramsay will give me a pass on this one.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I kept separating them because dammit I care about food safety. Did not know it had an actual mechanical benefit.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Lunethex posted:

IT'S loving RAW YOU DONKEY

code:
Gordon Ramsay, chef has gone berserk!

Reason: OHS

Stella, donkey is under attack.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I think that's confirmation bias left over from before food poisoning was well tested. I think all that matters is cooking skill and room cleanliness, so the cross contamination is if your cooking station is in a room filled with raw meat because I think that brings the cleanliness down.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.

Coolguye posted:

What's the full name or author of this mod? It sounds great but searching for 'EPOE Hardcore' doesn't seem to result in any likely candidates.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

What's the full name or author of this mod? It sounds great but searching for 'EPOE Hardcore' doesn't seem to result in any likely candidates.

It's RBSE Hardcore, not EPOE hardcore. Different bionics mod entirely

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Azhais posted:

EPOE hardcore definitely does this as well. I have taken advantage of it multiple times and have never used RBSE. Anyway, EPOE hardcore on the steam workshop will pull it right up. It is not the complete name but it is a popular mod and it is quite popular.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coolguye posted:

EPOE hardcore definitely does this as well. I have taken advantage of it multiple times and have never used RBSE. Anyway, EPOE hardcore on the steam workshop will pull it right up. It is not the complete name but it is a popular mod and it is quite popular.

The only Hardcore on the workshop is RBSE. It may have been called EPOE hardcore at some point (it's a fork of the code), but that's not the current name.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

zedprime posted:

I think that's confirmation bias left over from before food poisoning was well tested. I think all that matters is cooking skill and room cleanliness, so the cross contamination is if your cooking station is in a room filled with raw meat because I think that brings the cleanliness down.

Having people walk through the cooking area to get to the freezer constantly doesn't help, it's the foot traffic rather than meat/vegetable cross-contamination that does it. Washing basin and floor mat mods make a thematic difference.

Leafy Wall
Oct 12, 2011
So is it going to be an absolute trainwreck if I install Hardcore SK on a16 for Steam and then try to stick Glittertech and Rim of Madness on top of it? I want colonists going mad while I too go mad at Gregtech ala Rimworld.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Delacroix posted:

Having people walk through the cooking area to get to the freezer constantly doesn't help, it's the foot traffic rather than meat/vegetable cross-contamination that does it. Washing basin and floor mat mods make a thematic difference.
Which is simply handled in game as the cleanliness stat. Good cook, enough janitors, and keeping junk out of the kitchen and you won't see food poisoning regardless of traffic. There's set ups to avoid the foot traffic I guess but you end up wanting janitor coverage everywhere because there isn't a room that doesn't benefit from being clean just because of beauty. But I can see it because if you let kitchen cleanliness slip once you can end up in cleanliness debt because of puke sweeping and you get an outbreak because your kitchen inevitably ends up pukey if it ended up dirty from foot traffic to begin with and you enter a food poisoning disaster spiral until you get extra janitors.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Is there any way to make colonists haul the poo poo that they harvest/mine? I hate it when I have some guy out harvesting agave or steel or whatever and they just leave it all over the ground, so someone else has to walk all the way out there and grab it all

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

A Moose posted:

Is there any way to make colonists haul the poo poo that they harvest/mine? I hate it when I have some guy out harvesting agave or steel or whatever and they just leave it all over the ground, so someone else has to walk all the way out there and grab it all

If there's no mods for it, maybe if you prioritize mining and hauling equally, and above everything else? Otherwise the only way is to micromanage your pawns as they're doing stuff and that'd be a huge pain very quickly.

Gonna be playing me some A17 real soon and I'm hype.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 28, 2017

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
You'd have to prioritize hauling over mining but that's not efficient either because they can carry more than they can mine at once so they'll leave with 35 at a time and it'll take forever.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

A Moose posted:

Really your best bet if you have enough pawns is to just have one or two dedicated haulers so your other skilled pawns don't have to waste time hauling stuff. It can be a pain in the rear end in the early game though when you don't have enough pawns to fill that role.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hey, how come the various tabs show only 10 colonists even though I have 11? There is no vertical scrolling enabled as far as I can tell.

edit: huh, weird... disabled and re-enabled the mods and reloaded, and now she appears

Slow News Day fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 28, 2017

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

zedprime posted:

Which is simply handled in game as the cleanliness stat. Good cook, enough janitors, and keeping junk out of the kitchen and you won't see food poisoning regardless of traffic. There's set ups to avoid the foot traffic I guess but you end up wanting janitor coverage everywhere because there isn't a room that doesn't benefit from being clean just because of beauty. But I can see it because if you let kitchen cleanliness slip once you can end up in cleanliness debt because of puke sweeping and you get an outbreak because your kitchen inevitably ends up pukey if it ended up dirty from foot traffic to begin with and you enter a food poisoning disaster spiral until you get extra janitors.
You can also make your kitchen out of sterile tile. Even when that gets slightly dirty it's still "cleaner than clean". Sterile tile is also good in research labs (and hospitals of course).

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Really your best bet if you have enough pawns is to just have one or two dedicated haulers so your other skilled pawns don't have to waste time hauling stuff. It can be a pain in the rear end in the early game though when you don't have enough pawns to fill that role.
Or train a large number of hauling animals.

Wolves are the best, since they don't eat the field vegetables and will stick to kibble, but dogs and pigs are reasonable too. You can also use bears but they are slow to breed and eat a lot of food.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Does the ground-penetrating scanner need to be online while deep-drilling? Or is it required only to see where the underground ores are? It uses a lot of power and I want to keep it turned off while not in use.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

ShadowHawk posted:

Or train a large number of hauling animals.

Wolves are the best, since they don't eat the field vegetables and will stick to kibble, but dogs and pigs are reasonable too. You can also use bears but they are slow to breed and eat a lot of food.

I like pigs a lot. Breed quickly, easy to train.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

Does the ground-penetrating scanner need to be online while deep-drilling? Or is it required only to see where the underground ores are? It uses a lot of power and I want to keep it turned off while not in use.

No. I frequently just drop planning overlays on the ores it shows me and then shut the thing down for good.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

ShadowHawk posted:

You can also make your kitchen out of sterile tile. Even when that gets slightly dirty it's still "cleaner than clean". Sterile tile is also good in research labs (and hospitals of course).

Hold up, cleanliness affects research speed?

... Time to move all those production workbenches out of the same room as the research equipment!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Man, something is off... no trade caravans have visited in two seasons now! No orbital ships either. And I don't have enough silver to call any!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Coolguye posted:

No. I frequently just drop planning overlays on the ores it shows me and then shut the thing down for good.

:potg:

Thank you for this. :worship:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
anyone getting much more ctds in this than before? never a problem before a17, just trying to work out if its a mod or the game

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tony Montana posted:

anyone getting much more ctds in this than before? never a problem before a17, just trying to work out if its a mod or the game

Haven't seen much in the way of extra CTDs, but the general performance seems wayyy down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Azhais posted:

Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering is the keyword set you're looking for.