Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

LingcodKilla posted:

Was that a new rhino/razorback in the photo with the new big dread?

Looks like a Land Raider with a turret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Like it more than Vanilla Dreadnoughts, but still way less than the Contemptor design. Hopefully there'll be some Contemptor rework for Biglies too.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Nice bug. Echoing the skull highlight suggestion but looks great as it is!

I'm almost done with my Space Clowns! Today I took some pictures:

Converted Troupe Master
(I really wish there was a Great Harlequin HQ option or something)

Shadowseer and Solitaire

Jetbike (I have 3 more of these that I need to finish but it's a load of work):

Nothing exciting so far, you say? Yeah, I actually agree - these models lack something... special.

So here's the good poo poo:

Insane Clown PosseTroupe with a Fruity Troupe Master:love:

Shadowseers with Power Fists and Lightning Claws :sparkles:

Gunslinger Troupe including dude with a Hair Dryer(???)

More Troupes and another fabulous Troupe Master

I loving love these goofy rear end clowns

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Soulfucker posted:

Can see why its a lot of work but good lord does the checkering on that bike look good.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Soulfucker posted:

Nice bug. Echoing the skull highlight suggestion but looks great as it is!

I'm almost done with my Space Clowns! Today I took some pictures:

Converted Troupe Master
(I really wish there was a Great Harlequin HQ option or something)

Shadowseer and Solitaire

Jetbike (I have 3 more of these that I need to finish but it's a load of work):

Nothing exciting so far, you say? Yeah, I actually agree - these models lack something... special.

Insane Clown PosseTroupe with a Fruity Troupe Master:love:

these are really cool. I like the blue and lavender scheme

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Looks like a Land Raider with a turret.

Sounds about right for an enbiggened rhino.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
So bigmarine dreads?

What did some of the big bois wake up from their nap, immediately trip out of the vat and break their necks??

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So since GSC can take IG units does anyone know anyone that does female ogryn heads? Kind of want to Zarya up as a bullgryn sgt.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Moola posted:

So bigmarine dreads?

What did some of the big bois wake up from their nap, immediately trip out of the vat and break their necks??

More likely they're just popping the existing box'naught sarcophagii into bigger, meaner, knee-having dreads which can fit small and big marine alike.

Alternatively: some normal marines undergoing the bigly marine treatment just couldn't handle all the huge organs and geneseed being thrust into their body.

In the badcast, who reads the fact or fanfic, it's SRM right? When will we get a new fanfic challenge? Artum becoming, uh, inspired by my description of the stormwolf boarding the gargant has me wanting to do more.

Hamshot fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 28, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hamshot posted:

More likely they're just popping the existing box'naught sarcophagii into bigger, meaner, knee-having dreads which can fit small and big marine alike.

Alternatively: some normal marines undergoing the bigly marine treatment just couldn't handle all the huge organs and geneseed being thrust into their body.

In the badcast, who reads the fact or fanfic, it's SRM right? When will we get a new fanfic challenge? Artum becoming, uh, inspired by my description of the stormwolf boarding the gargant has me wanting to do more.

It really does look like a standard mk4 (?) sarcophagus dropped in the top.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
I probably have one of the darkest senses of humor among my circles of friends, but even I can get schadenfreude exhaustion from the rape diorama; that one guy with converted DickSisters was awful enough, but having a small army of peak goon sperglords waxing faux-artistic and lumpenintelligentsia over a sexual war crime stretches me past my "lol dead dudes that's fukken metal" limits.

Also, don't do poo poo with that Broodlord/Patriarch. Now I want to go back and throw on a second layer of highlights on mine t:mad:>

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Cool clowns bad card board box bot.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So since GSC can take IG units does anyone know anyone that does female ogryn heads? Kind of want to Zarya up as a bullgryn sgt.

Hell yeah, Bullstealer buddy.

I'm not sure about female Ogryn heads, but this does make me wish there were some actual women for GSC units. I mean, the whole point is that they're a giant network of families, so it's weird your average composition is all dudes.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
What colors did you use for those pastel clowns?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Bee posted:

Hell yeah, Bullstealer buddy.

I'm not sure about female Ogryn heads, but this does make me wish there were some actual women for GSC units. I mean, the whole point is that they're a giant network of families, so it's weird your average composition is all dudes.

What if all the non-human appearing GSC are really female? Never seen a female identifiable genestealer so what if they simply dont have a "sex"?

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Soulfucker posted:

That's a Web-pistol - they were great in 2nd ed, as you didn't have to roll to wound, and unless the target has web-solvent, they're as good as dead.
And the middle guy in the long-coat is an "Avatar" - the original name for a squad-leader (pre-dates the Avatar of Khaine and Craftworld Eldar)

Soulfucker posted:

The guy in the middle-back here is actually a Warlock (before the 'quin psychers where rebranded as shadow-seers) with Force-Sword - you can tell he's a seer by the mini-grenade launcher backpack.

The left-most model here is the original Solitaire (With harlequins kiss and neural-disruptor), and the right-most model is another squad leader or Avatar.

Soulfucker posted:

This guy is the Force-Commander from 2nd ed - called a High Avatar

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I'm in love with those pastel clowns, and I'd totally watch a video tutorial where you painted one up. They're beautiful :popeye:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

One of the local stores said that if he gets enough pre-orders, they'll send him a copy of the rulebook and indices two weeks early, so we should know everything by next weekend.
My store's getting their copies on Wednesday.

Guess where I'll be on Wednesday? :v:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looks like the new founding is the "Ultima Founding" and there will be plenty of successors

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Oh, so they gave them knees and an opposable thumb. Science!

So if the standard sarcophagus is used, you guys know what taht means. New Bjorn model a'coming

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I guess the Imperium relaxed that "innovation is sin" thing they have going on with all these new tanks and mechs and armors

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ayn Marx posted:

I guess the Imperium relaxed that "innovation is sin" thing they have going on with all these new tanks and mechs and armors

Back when girlyman was around it wasn't a sin, so he is basically saying "gently caress you" to that.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

If my spacemans get APCs they can actually fit in I'm all for it - the scale of rhinos always amnoyed me

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

AndyElusive posted:

For those of you who think this is not art, and who think this is way too heavy for the medium, think a little. Plenty of artists have paintings or sculptures that contain nudity, from the Michelangelo's statue of David to many of Picasso's works. Many artists also portray violent and horrible acts like Gentileschi's Judith Beheading Holofernes or Franciso Padrilla's Rape of Sabines. It is in the portrayal that these are still considered great art, they are not meant as 'cool' or 'funny' like some of you jackasses seem to think. It is meant as a thought provoking piece to make us second-guess what we do. The saddest thing to me is that if this was painted on canvas or done by one of the masters (van gogh, picasso, devinci), you wouldn't call it 'sick' or 'disgusting'. In fact, most of you would probably applaud it as a beautiful and controversial work of art. Please keep up this level of depth Nakatan!

You're not wrong but I find others to believe that the creator had high art in mind when he made the peice

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ayn Marx posted:

Well it also took like 10,000 years to get it developed so after the 9000 year mark I reckon they managed to work out any major kinks like possible daemonic possessions and likelihood of killing its wearer and so forth.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Can I presume Grey Knights don't get any of this new hotness, and life continues to be suffering?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Moola posted:

So bigmarine dreads?

Yes. It was the batch chosen to reinforce the Lamenters.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Can I presume Grey Knights don't get any of this new hotness, and life continues to be suffering?

It's assumed everyone gets the new hotness.

Except those motherfuckers the Lamenters.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lamenters replacement marines are accidentally made using ratlings as the base, making them 4 feet tall.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

They can suckle geneseed from Imperial Approved sources, same as anyone else. Mechanically I can't imagine we will see special snowflake wizard biglys on initial release, though probably at some point.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
the impression that i got about the bigly marines was Cawl basically took a look at how custodes were made and applied that to the Primarch geneseed, essentially making the Primaris Primarch Custodes. For the grey knights, which use Empy geneseed, wouldn't this just make Custodes?

I can't find where I read that so i may have just pulled that out of my rear end.

There will almost definitely be Primaris Grey Knights eventually/

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Grey Knights probably won't be an option for the <CHAPTER> keyword, so I doubt there will be Primaris GKs at the start. Even their Rhinos are psychic, so that's a lot of rules for that chapter keyword.

I am curious if Deathwatch will be a chapter or their own thing, I could see it going either way.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Kithkar posted:

the impression that i got about the bigly marines was Cawl basically took a look at how custodes were made and applied that to the Primarch geneseed, essentially making the Primaris Primarch Custodes. For the grey knights, which use Empy geneseed, wouldn't this just make Custodes?

Custodes are heavily individualized, so there might be some similarities in methods but they're not going to end up the same. Custodes have a multitude of non-combat roles and poo poo too, that Blood Games story goes into it a bit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kithkar posted:

I can't find where I read that so i may have just pulled that out of my rear end.

There will almost definitely be Primaris Grey Knights eventually/

No, you're right, there was a time where it was hinted that GK used genetic material from the Emperor but that's been changed a bit here and there. The most recent change to it has Janus' true identity be a Thousand Son Sorcerer who was cured of the curse of flesh by Malcador when the TS was fused with a psychic echo of Magnus

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

No, you're right, there was a time where it was hinted that GK used genetic material from the Emperor but that's been changed a bit here and there. The most recent change to it has Janus' true identity be a Thousand Son Sorcerer who was cured of the curse of flesh by Malcador when the TS was fused with a psychic echo of Magnus

So what does this essentially make them good guy THousand sons?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Hustlin Floh posted:

Looks like the new founding is the "Ultima Founding" and there will be plenty of successors

Is it my phone or is this pic just in a crappy enough resolution to be unreadable?

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

OhDearGodNo posted:

Is it my phone or is this pic just in a crappy enough resolution to be unreadable?

Not just your phone. Was this picture leaked? I'm not seeing the source on the community site.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

OhDearGodNo posted:

Basically, but you can get the gist of it. Three on the left are showing us bigly marines in raven guard, salamanders and white scars colors, while on the left we have three new successors, being the least effort ultramarines successors, a similarly least effort dark angels one, and a white scars successor that swaps out the red for black. Bunch of colors on the top look like a lot of rando chapters we already know of.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
It's priming day. I've got a big backlog of stuff that is setup for airbrush priming.

All you need to paint the Ghost Ark without going insane is popsickle sticks, poster putty, and an egg carton.

Note: Those ribs aren't glued together. I ran a stick through the center, and then puttied both ends so that they are tightly bound, blocking paint from getting in the contact areas.

EDIT: Actually this one is a doomsday ark so slightly less obnoxious to paint without all the little guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

General Olloth posted:

It's priming day. I've got a big backlog of stuff that is setup for airbrush priming.

All you need to paint the Ghost Ark without going insane is popsickle sticks, poster putty, and an egg carton.

You say that now.

• Locked thread