Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Texibus
May 18, 2008
Moles, you still planning to do the goon game later? It's a nightmare picking events.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah, not sure on when but I'll run a goon only event at some point

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

When does the pickingening happen? I'm stuck at work and need to know if I need to steal my wage

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

You need to have your picks wishlisted and then press a button at noon today.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Noon EST right?

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

8one6 posted:

Noon EST right?

EDT, I think. That is, 2 hours and 11 minutes from now.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Hey thats my event, gently caress yeah

Which one? Those all look like Board Games or Talks, I must be missing it. I think I remember you saying a few pages ago you were running a Delta Green (?) game but can't find the post. You were a fun GM when I played in your goon DW game a couple years ago and I'd definitely try for a spot in your game (as long as "Never Played Before" is OK).

If you run a non-official/goon DW game again I'd try to show up for that too and maybe bring a non-goon friend or two that I've been wanting to introduce to DW. Guessing that'll get organized on GroupMe later?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

LLSix posted:

My schedule Wed - Sunday so far. Am I doing it right? I think I may have scheduled too much time for eating and sleeping.

1. "Bears?"

2. Have you done this before? People who go to Gen-Con for the first time assuming they need wall-to-wall events usually end up skipping all of them by the third day upon realizing there is too much else going on that they have been entirely missing.

3. Bears?

Also Lawen hahaha at your fantastic avatar.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Lawen posted:

Which one? Those all look like Board Games or Talks, I must be missing it. I think I remember you saying a few pages ago you were running a Delta Green (?) game but can't find the post. You were a fun GM when I played in your goon DW game a couple years ago and I'd definitely try for a spot in your game (as long as "Never Played Before" is OK).

If you run a non-official/goon DW game again I'd try to show up for that too and maybe bring a non-goon friend or two that I've been wanting to introduce to DW. Guessing that'll get organized on GroupMe later?

Its the IBM Infernal Bone Machine game. And yeah we'll do extra games through GroupMe, non-goons are totally welcome, but it'll probably be a trainwreck depending on how many people show up

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I'm signed up for Bears? too, it sounds fun!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Dr. Quarex posted:

1. "Bears?"

2. Have you done this before? People who go to Gen-Con for the first time assuming they need wall-to-wall events usually end up skipping all of them by the third day upon realizing there is too much else going on that they have been entirely missing.

3. Bears?

Also Lawen hahaha at your fantastic avatar.

Good call on Bears!, I hadn't looked at a review. We've already got other quick games that are less random.

I'm 5240 in line for wishlist processing. All that's left now is waiting and anticipating how much we'll have.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I have never done the Wish List before and obviously the Gen-Con forums are not working since they run on the same server as the Wish List...uh...what happens now that it submitted it? Do hours pass and then I wake up and it is 1984?

Edit: Am I supposed to have a number?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dr. Quarex posted:

I have never done the Wish List before and obviously the Gen-Con forums are not working since they run on the same server as the Wish List...uh...what happens now that it submitted it? Do hours pass and then I wake up and it is 1984?

Yeah basically

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
O.K. so after a few more minutes it finally was like O.K. GOOD JOB and I discovered I had more overlapping events than I expected.

I am more than a little confused that I seem to have gotten tickets to both of the limited-to-15-people-world-famous-amazing events (Frank Mentzer tour, Jon Peterson tour) but so it goes.

Yes Nesbit37 I WILL BE AT YOUR PANEL WOOOoOoOoO

Edit: How do I know what order I was in? Is there no way?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Dr. Quarex posted:

O.K. so after a few more minutes it finally was like O.K. GOOD JOB and I discovered I had more overlapping events than I expected.

I am more than a little confused that I seem to have gotten tickets to both of the limited-to-15-people-world-famous-amazing events (Frank Mentzer tour, Jon Peterson tour) but so it goes.

Edit: How do I know what order I was in? Is there no way?

I'm 4614 in line.
I can't remember if I can walk away/refresh the screen or not.
I'm going to risk it.

EDIT: number 485 in line
Refreshing updates your progress!

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Despite having pretty much no wait when I submitted, I missed all the YTCC events. I did get into that goon-run Trail of Cthulhu game, though, so I'll at least have some small dose of Eldritch nonsense. And my Saturday is completely free at the moment. I might peruse the list later for stuff to fill in there.

I did get a session of Millennium Blades with the expansion (the only session in the database that I saw) and a session of CrossTalk (being billed as this year's Codenames). My session is pretty much first thing Thursday (ok, it's 11 AM, so I can watch the opening stampede and mosey over), so if it's good, I'll see if I can buy it and it can be our drunken party game of choice for the weekend.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Wow does this mean I was #1 or

I imagine my number was just low enough that they did not bother showing it to me, then.

And even with all that careful planning I somehow ended up with three events with overlapping times. And now I have no idea what they were since they are gone.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

If something is in My Schedule, does that mean I got a ticket for it? I had a bunch of stuff show up as unavailable when my Wishlist processed, but they still show up in My Schedule

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Uh someone make my decisions for me. Preferably a tabletop RPG

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Yes, this is suitable.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yay! I am surprised, my panel is only one of two to sell out in the initial rush. I had no idea people wanted to know so much about Gen Con's event history. I better get cracking on that prezi :eng99:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Whelp, I lost about half my events in wishlist processing. Oh well. More time for exploring Gen Con. Sadly Nemesis Of Moles, I didn't get into your non-goon IBM game. Your tickets sold out fast!

Klungar posted:

If something is in My Schedule, does that mean I got a ticket for it? I had a bunch of stuff show up as unavailable when my Wishlist processed, but they still show up in My Schedule
Check to see who you got tickets in your cart for. I had a bunch of stuff show up as unavailable in my wishlist because I didn't get as many tickets as I wanted.

You should have an email receipt for all the tickets you bought too. Even the $0 dollar tickets are listed.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Anyone else getting into the L5R inaugural tournament?

Kotae
May 22, 2007

how cute!

Exmond posted:

Anyone else getting into the L5R inaugural tournament?

I mostly have friends that are upset that they didn't manage to get tickets, especially old L5R players.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

nesbit37 posted:

Yay! I am surprised, my panel is only one of two to sell out in the initial rush. I had no idea people wanted to know so much about Gen Con's event history. I better get cracking on that prezi :eng99:
Oh that is awesome, and here I was wondering if I just profoundly miscalculated the relative popularity of the things I tried to sign up for, particularly since the three events I messed up and double-booked for and thus did not get tickets for all seem to still have tickets available just in case. Apparently I dun prioritized real guud

Also HELL YEAH PREZI NYEEEEEEOWWWWWWWWW ZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMmmmmmmmmmm

I can hardly wait until you create the definitive moment when Gen-Con turned from "wargaming convention like the good ole' days" to "just anime for 12-year-old girls" as some awful people seem convinced it is. I DO wonder when the word "cosplay" was first written in an event...

Also I take it Legend of the Five Rings is relaunching or something, given all this bizarre talk after what seems like a decade since I heard anyone mention it? No offense meant if I am 100000% wrong

Edit: Wow yes people in the Facebook group are talking about skipping the convention entirely after being unable to get tickets to the Legend of the Five Rings thing, so I guess so.

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 29, 2017

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I did not realize I was a Jon Peterson fanboy, but half of my events are hosted by him, so uh. Look at me. I am officially beyond hope.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Do you like burgers? Like real mother fuckin' burgers? Sometimes with spicy things?
Do you like Metal Music so loud you can't hear your friends at times?
Do you like 20+ rotating drafts?
Do you like servers who don't treat you like a loving sunshine cupcake and are just knowledgeable and attentive?

Kuma's Corner in Fountain Square (2 miles away) wants to be your friend.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/kumas-corner-indianapolis

danwon
Aug 19, 2015

Pretty happy with my schedule, though Saturday evening feels a little empty. Really looking forward to trying Bedlam Hall.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

djfooboo posted:

*extremely Chicago narrowing-of-eyes*

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

What are other good places to eat at in Indianapolis?

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Deathlove posted:

Not empty-quoting.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

CaptainRat posted:

Not empty-quoting.
hahahahah I also loved that comment.

Does this mean I should leave it on our pre-Gen-Con Indianapolis playlist or has it insulted your honor, I am confused

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Tsilkani posted:

What are other good places to eat at in Indianapolis?

Haveli is the best indian place ive eaten at in indianapolis (And the only one so....)

Check the first page of Gencon

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I am deeply incensed about my lack of an L5R ticket.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Eat someone to gain their powerticket.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

djfooboo posted:

Do you like burgers? Like real mother fuckin' burgers? Sometimes with spicy things?
Do you like Metal Music so loud you can't hear your friends at times?
Do you like 20+ rotating drafts?
Do you like servers who don't treat you like a loving sunshine cupcake and are just knowledgeable and attentive?

If anyone wants to split an uber/give me a ride I will go here with you

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Deviant posted:

I am deeply incensed about my lack of an L5R ticket.
There is a dude on the Facebook group who is cancelling his badge because he did not get into that event.

I mean it makes a little sense as that was the only reason he had been saving up to go, but it still comes across as pretty misguided rage.

Wait I think I already posted this

This post is now about cats

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 30, 2017

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Ahh, I guess if that's all you wanted to do canceling your badge isn't that big of a stretch.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Deathlove posted:

I guess people can Uber to the "real" Kuma's Corner if they want...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
I don't know what the deal was but the events seemed to go quite a bit faster this year, even with two of our group getting below 1000 on their wish list. This is the first year we actually didn't get everything we were going for, ended up having to out-source one event to other contacts.

• Locked thread