Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I just want Ramza enhancements please so my team will feel less scrubby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its so bizarre to me that they've pushed back the wol 6* so much since base 6* wol is absolutely not gonna just outclass every other tank and it seems incredibly unlikely they'll release his enhancements at the same time as his 6*

if they have the same mindset for ramza enhancements we're not going to see him until the roy release? actually does base roy have that stuff or does he need to be enhanced too, because lmao if that's the case.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Knocked out the 4 man Wilhelm. Would have gotten no KOs but I derped and fingersnapped my stopped Refia with 1000 attack friend Orlandu and ended up one shotting her. Forgot that it scales with attack haha.

Ah well, I got the moogle and the materia so I'm good.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
What the gently caress did Setzer do that killed me twice in Arena without getting a turn?

Also, what Giancrysts should I be aiming for?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 28, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

What the gently caress did Setzer do that killed me twice in Arena without getting a turn?

Also, what Giancrysts should I be aiming for?

Take your pick. Cursed card that petrifies everyone or gamble attack which can hit up to 7 times ( which would be 14 when double weilding )

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So here's a question for y'all: Luka or Refia, who should I focus on as a healer if I have access to both? I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that Rem isn't happening (with the current 5* rates it's stunning I even got Reberta) so it's pretty much down to those two for heals.

Also, I did get said Reberta and she's cool, but my account is still basically a baby (I played a bit at launch and set the game aside for a long time) and I don't have any access to good weapons for her (though she was able to solo the Death Chimera at 6* level 44 in hilarious fashion, so she's got some good armor). I can add myself to the spreadsheet if anyone's interested (right now I've got Sice up to provide some phantoma farming) but it'll be a while before my Reberta is anything like really relevant.

Also, why does global get so many exclusive units? It seems a little hard to believe that they'd produce so many units and not release them in Japan, where the game makes its greatest amount of money.

Also also, when I said Rem is pretty much a write-off I meant it; I present for your consumption, thats_hell_youre_walking_into.png:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Japan's something like a year ahead of us in terms of units and content and gets their Collabs which we don't appear to get outside of super universal stuff like FFXV promotions or Nier (still upcoming).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SpaceDrake posted:

So here's a question for y'all: Luka or Refia, who should I focus on as a healer if I have access to both? I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that Rem isn't happening (with the current 5* rates it's stunning I even got Reberta) so it's pretty much down to those two for heals.

Also, I did get said Reberta and she's cool, but my account is still basically a baby (I played a bit at launch and set the game aside for a long time) and I don't have any access to good weapons for her (though she was able to solo the Death Chimera at 6* level 44 in hilarious fashion, so she's got some good armor). I can add myself to the spreadsheet if anyone's interested (right now I've got Sice up to provide some phantoma farming) but it'll be a while before my Reberta is anything like really relevant.

Also, why does global get so many exclusive units? It seems a little hard to believe that they'd produce so many units and not release them in Japan, where the game makes its greatest amount of money.

Also also, when I said Rem is pretty much a write-off I meant it; I present for your consumption, thats_hell_youre_walking_into.png:

If you have dualcast use Refia, otherwise Luka's technically better. In reality both are worth having leveled for their different uses.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Refia is better than Luka IMO. Refia gets innate immunities to the worst status effects (besides ones that you can't or are rare to resist like Stop or Death), Full Raise which is really nice and otherwise rare, Curaja which is basically the healer staple, and Embolden which is a great ATK/DEF party-wide buff. Plus she has future potential if you ever get Dual Cast since she then she can just dual cast almost her entire kit.

Luka's healing is done via abilities which is nice since silence, which she isn't immune to, doesn't affect them and her healing also doubles as an AoE esuna. She only has normal raise which is affected by silence and like regular esuna her AoE heal&esuna won't cure petrify. She also has an AoE decent regen and her buff is DEF/SPI which is good for defenses. She also gets a MP Regen 5% per turn which is nice but the difference is made up with Curaja being cheaper to cast than Luka's Priestess Miracle.

I like Refia because her kit goes real well with Cecil and it's nice to not worry about bad status on the healer and that's a status immunity accessory you can put on somebody else. Cecil's Focus can cover the MAG/SPI buff and if he ever dies Full Raise will do him a lot more good than a Raise and then trying to heal him back up to full HP. Luka is a good healer but she can't buff offense and AoE esuna doesn't come up as often as needing to revive somebody. I'd still suggest leveling Luka up later when she's better for different content or team compositions but I'd suggest Refia first.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Luka will gain a bit of a boost in the future when her Enhancements boost her party Regenerate by 2.5x the current healing & lasting 20 turns, and Priestess' Miracle curing all status effects.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

SpaceDrake posted:

So here's a question for y'all: Luka or Refia

I use Y'sh 1st, Refia 2nd, and Luka, and in one event I used all 3. This was actually the recent Bahamut trial. Refia for embolden and full raise x2 (dualcast), Y'sh for Pro/Shell + refresh for healing the poo poo out of everything, and Luka for negative status removal/alternating +regen.

Each has their own niche section. Refia is decent, but becomes godly with dual wield. Luka unfortunately loses utility because she has water, which doesn't do much of poo poo anywhere. I had her in my arena team for a while when everyone was using status effects, just because she gets rid of a bit of them.

Realistically having all of them is not a bad idea.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher

Tengames posted:

Take your pick. Cursed card that petrifies everyone or gamble attack which can hit up to 7 times ( which would be 14 when double weilding )

You forgot about my favorite arena ability "Slots" which has a 25% chance of casting AoE Death twice if Setzer's dual wielding. He's such bullshit in arena.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

quote:

:words: level them both, nerd :words:

Scrublord Prime posted:

Refia is better than Luka IMO. Refia gets innate immunities to the worst status effects (besides ones that you can't or are rare to resist like Stop or Death), Full Raise which is really nice and otherwise rare, Curaja which is basically the healer staple, and Embolden which is a great ATK/DEF party-wide buff. Plus she has future potential if you ever get Dual Cast since she then she can just dual cast almost her entire kit.

hagie posted:

Realistically having all of them is not a bad idea.

I slightly wondered if this might be the answer :v: Thanks, all. I'll probably continue to focus on Refia a bit more for now, but I'll snag the bits for both of them from King Mog before he takes a nap again.

Also, here's a question: does anyone have a unit capable of more or less soloing (or perhaps duoing alongside my Reberta) the Pro level of Crystal Tower, with me using some tents and elixirs? I've totally written off any hope of Elite simply because my party isn't anywhere near there, but if I can somehow finagle the hammer and helmet from a Pro completion that'd be nifty.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

SpaceDrake posted:

I slightly wondered if this might be the answer :v: Thanks, all. I'll probably continue to focus on Refia a bit more for now, but I'll snag the bits for both of them from King Mog before he takes a nap again.

Also, here's a question: does anyone have a unit capable of more or less soloing (or perhaps duoing alongside my Reberta) the Pro level of Crystal Tower, with me using some tents and elixirs? I've totally written off any hope of Elite simply because my party isn't anywhere near there, but if I can somehow finagle the hammer and helmet from a Pro completion that'd be nifty.

I'm fairly certain a good Orlandeau could solo ELT. The boss is weak to Light already, so any Orlandeau over 900 attack should be able to get the job done. Take one with Odin so you can Bladeblitz your way to the top or take some units with escape and you'll be set.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
How many unit slots do y'all have unlocked? I just bought to 160 and I'm sure some here have hundreds.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

I'm fairly certain a good Orlandeau could solo ELT. The boss is weak to Light already, so any Orlandeau over 900 attack should be able to get the job done. Take one with Odin so you can Bladeblitz your way to the top or take some units with escape and you'll be set.

Well, that would certainly own and I wouldn't mind completing that for the Trust Moogle. Either way, sent out some friend invites to folks on the sheet and added myself to it at the bottom, so if you get an invite from Yololo, please accept. If anyone wants to make room for me, it'd be appreciated.

I was also going to toss Hammerstein a friend invite since adorable newbies should stick together but your friend list is full. :mad:

Candlelight Virgil posted:

How many unit slots do y'all have unlocked? I just bought to 160 and I'm sure some here have hundreds.

I'm at 95 currently, mostly for some wiggle room in getting cactuars.

Honestly, I could probably stand to trim the roster some (there's some real cruft in there atm), but part of the fun of dumb gacha games is collecting. :v:

(which is why I'm kind of disappointed the game is still so stingy with inventory space when a lot of other games have done away with such dumb restrictions, but)

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Well, that would certainly own and I wouldn't mind completing that for the Trust Moogle. Either way, sent out some friend invites to folks on the sheet and added myself to it at the bottom, so if you get an invite from Yololo, please accept. If anyone wants to make room for me, it'd be appreciated.

I was also going to toss Hammerstein a friend invite since adorable newbies should stick together but your friend list is full. :mad:

I'm at 95 currently, mostly for some wiggle room in getting cactuars.

Honestly, I could probably stand to trim the roster some (there's some real cruft in there atm), but part of the fun of dumb gacha games is collecting. :v:

(which is why I'm kind of disappointed the game is still so stingy with inventory space when a lot of other games have done away with such dumb restrictions, but)

To be fair though most of my inventory are TMs for trusts I don't have yet.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

374/375. A lot of cactuars, and 20 tm moogles for Reberta and Zyruus. Plus I tend to keep stuff I 100% tm but I'm not sure why. Hoping they do something with them at some point.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I see a bunch of new faces, so in the spirit of giving, I shall fix my Lightning back up for Gilgamesh soloing! She will literally be able to auto-attack him to death without fear.

Add me, I'll free up some slots right now so that yous can get in! 472, 211, 176.

Bonus: In a month or so she should also be able to solo Dark Espers, if you haven't gotten powerful enough to do that by that yourselves.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

240/250 Units
44/55 items
177/200 Materials (40 of which are extra from TM grinding)
200/200 Equipment (new continent story stuff has a bunch of garbage I'll need to get rid of)
100/100 Abilities (probably 15 or so things I can sell here)

I stopped at 250 but have like 240 used.

I've been hoarding too many duplicates for TMs I won't get so that's my priority now, is grinding out the TMs for stuff like HP 30%, Kaiser Knuckles, finishing Mustadio's gun now. I don't save Moogles or Cactuars because I TM grind and who knows how long they'll be sitting there, I usually have a singular unit I'm working on that could use them.

I also keep too many copies of units I've gotten 100% TM on for no reason. I have 5 copies of Zyrus, 4 of which are maxed and I haven't sold any of them.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Dana Crysalis posted:

I see a bunch of new faces, so in the spirit of giving, I shall fix my Lightning back up for Gilgamesh soloing! She will literally be able to auto-attack him to death without fear.

Add me, I'll free up some slots right now so that yous can get in! 472, 211, 176.

Bonus: In a month or so she should also be able to solo Dark Espers, if you haven't gotten powerful enough to do that by that yourselves.

Sent on Yololo! Things depending, I may also try to use her to kill a couple of Gomories :v:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dana Crysalis posted:

I just got my Tilith TM done so now mine can officially as well. Yours is sitting at the top of my friend unit list and in a couple missions I'll rank up and then it's time to send both to grab that 30% ATK materia.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

I just got my Tilith TM done so now mine can officially as well. Yours is sitting at the top of my friend unit list and in a couple missions I'll rank up and then it's time to send both to grab that 30% ATK materia.

You know what's funny? I just realized through that comment earlier when I was planning out Dark Espers. Grand Helm works just fine for Gilgamesh, too, without having to have Discernment on. Because Assassin's Vest provides something almost nothing else does: Immunity to Paralyze. So Grand Helm + Assassin's Vest gives you the resists you need for Gilgamesh (Confusion and Paralyze)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dana Crysalis posted:

You know what's funny? I just realized through that comment earlier when I was planning out Dark Espers. Grand Helm works just fine for Gilgamesh, too, without having to have Discernment on. Because Assassin's Vest provides something almost nothing else does: Immunity to Paralyze. So Grand Helm + Assassin's Vest gives you the resists you need for Gilgamesh (Confusion and Paralyze)

There's always like 1 piece of gear that does exactly what you need it to, isn't there?

I can't remember what I just went through that with the Wilhelm trial, I was trying to find a way to get to Wilhelm without having to equip escape on someone, and then realized that the Germinas Boots in addition to granting +15% HP also gave Snow the escape ability.

Edit: geared mine the same as yours. Not sure why you went with Titan but did the same because :wcc: ***TWINSIES*** :wcc:

edit 2: This chain damage is making the fight fly by. They chain up to 7 on normal attacks and 9-15 when their LBs go off at the same time.

E3: trial done in 12 minutes. Beautiful.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 28, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

currently 470/500

lots of stat pots and moogles unused

plus tons of cactuars sitting accumlated because i don't have anyone to use them on atm

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot
I blew an 11 pull and got two Graces. :geno:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

And thus, thanks to Envgard, it's begun: I beat Pro Shadows of the Empire and got Reberta a marginally more relevant lance. :unsmith: Crimson Blood is a ways off, but this is a start. Up next is Gomories and/or Gilgamesh.

Also Dana, your Lightning is completely set up for soloing Gilgamesh, right? No extra party input from adorable newbies required? I kind of suspect Reberta might be able to cheese her way into hanging in there, but I wanted to make sure I understood what was up.

edit: hurf yes, auto attack without fear. Well then.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 28, 2017

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Got Abel on my half-price pulls two days in a row. I should stop doing them for this banner now, shouldn't I?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

There's always like 1 piece of gear that does exactly what you need it to, isn't there?

I can't remember what I just went through that with the Wilhelm trial, I was trying to find a way to get to Wilhelm without having to equip escape on someone, and then realized that the Germinas Boots in addition to granting +15% HP also gave Snow the escape ability.

Edit: geared mine the same as yours. Not sure why you went with Titan but did the same because :wcc: ***TWINSIES*** :wcc:

edit 2: This chain damage is making the fight fly by. They chain up to 7 on normal attacks and 9-15 when their LBs go off at the same time.

E3: trial done in 12 minutes. Beautiful.

Haha, totally forgot about esper, should set that to Diabolos for the man eater.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm at 250 unit slots but I'm a horrible hoarder and try to keep at least one of each unit and there's a pile of future TM units to grind in there too. Only 20 TM moogles for Fryejia's super caster sword, and a pile of magic stat pots that I don't know who to use on since all my casters are already at max. 60 items which only really got close to filling up when I was crafting potions for the peerless chemist achievement and before I sold all those lovely usable items, 160 materials which is enough to grind for about a day before I need to clean it up, 195 equipment that's always full due to more hoarding, and 90 abilities which slowly gets chipped away at.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

What is tm grinding?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What is tm grinding?

Trust Master grinding. Every unit has a TM reward that you receive when you get to 100% trust mastery. It's the best gear in the game, thought a lot are garbage, like Shadow's TM. To earn a reward, you must use a character in any dungeon or exploration (not arena) and when you win there is a 1 in 10 chance that you will increase the TM by 0.1%. It takes a long time to get to 100%. There are moogles that increase a TM by 10%, 5%, or 1%, but they are special rare rewards.

The most popular way to increase a units TM is with a google android emulator. (Nox or Memu are the most popular.). You can set these emulators to run repeating macros that will keep running the beginning earth shrine dungeon over and over until your NRG is drained, hence TM grinding. There is much more in the OP, you should go read that section.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

I probably won't have by then, but I'm going to keep trying.

SpaceDrake posted:

Either way, sent out some friend invites to folks on the sheet and added myself to it at the bottom, so if you get an invite from Yololo, please accept. If anyone wants to make room for me, it'd be appreciated.

Sent.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Friday: Ticket on Wilhelm's banner, Jean.
Yesterday: Ticket on Wilhelm's banner, Jean.
Today: Half Price, Jean. Ticket on Wilhelm's banner, Sozhe.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

Sent from Aeto. Thanks :3

Hoping I can pay this kinda thing forward some day.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

300 slots, down to 290/300 after burning through 332k bahamut coins, which had me at 780/300 slots.

Still sitting on 25 of the 100k xp cactuars after having taken Jake to max level from his 3* starting point. Also capped Olive's LB level and have 6 mini lb pots left. Olive's LB at max level rules and if you are good at timing it you can make all the hits land during the max damage portion of a DR chain. :iia:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I've been doing Judecca at least 3 times a day, some times more. And I've seen exactly one golden bomb. I hate this event. I hate type-0.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Nuebot posted:

So I've been doing Judecca at least 3 times a day, some times more. And I've seen exactly one golden bomb. I hate this event. I hate type-0.

Except for the 1 and a half days this weekend where I put all my energy into cactuars to get Aileen and Xon up to 100 I've done it as much as my energy allowed since it started. 3 bombs and 2 horse thingies, that has been it.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I blew all my energy on elite except this weekend for dunes and I've seen a whole two horses and two bombs. I just got the good unique stuff and filled up on the common King Mog stuff like tickets and 6* awakening mats. With Rem friends and Sice as my only bonus unit I get ~1k per elite run, so 750 energy to get the trust moogle, and gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Finished off Tickets, the cheap 6* mats, the 30k Moogle, and half the Gigantaurs. Have 80k for a Purecryst which I still don't know which I want to pickup. Probably another Support since everything seems to use them.

• Locked thread