Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pochoclo posted:

The electorate would definitely vote for the Chaos Gods from Warhammer 40K, because sure, they will bring untold suffering into our physical realm, but they "tell it like it is"

"KILL! MAIM! BURN!" is a three-word slogan I could get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

When is it the papers come out in support of their preferred party? Surely it can't be long. We can predict most of them from the get go

Tories - Mail/Sun/Express
Labour - Mirror/??Indie

But what will the Guardian do? They can't support Farron/the Lib Dems now, there's loving nothing to support.

And the evening standard? Does George Osborne hate theresa may enough to not come out in her favour?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

winegums posted:

When is it the papers come out in support of their preferred party? Surely it can't be long. We can predict most of them from the get go

Labour - Mirror/??Indie

But what will the Guardian do? They can't support Farron/the Lib Dems now, there's loving nothing to support.

And the evening standard? Does George Osborne hate theresa may enough to not come out in her favour?

My guess is the guardian will write some big piece weakly endorsing labour and acting like it's the greatest, bravest sacrifice anyone's ever made and the same time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

It like one of those magazines for sociopaths that they have near the checkout. "Grandad sold my unborn children to perverts," "ex secretly poisoned my dog," "my dead son came back as a toaster-radio alarm clock," "a better future under Theresa May's Team."

Given it's a tory publication the checkout mags probably have less child rape involved in the production tbh.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Birdstrike posted:

"KILL! MAIM! BURN!" is a three-word slogan I could get behind

Personally, I'll be casting a vote for the Tyranid Hive-Mind.

The Shadow in the Warp is what this country needs.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Peace my arse.

The guy's got a boner for Semtex enthusiasts.

So are you troll #9001 or are you just having a thing?

Anyway, the Munich thing appears true. Quite possibly the stupidest thing he's ever done and I can't really understand why he did it using his own ideology. There's not much nuance to the Munich killings.

Still going to vote for the idiot as I care about the welfare state, worker rights and the environment and Corbyn's dumb rear end decisions don't override those issues.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 28, 2017

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Pochoclo posted:

The electorate would definitely vote for the Chaos Gods from Warhammer 40K, because sure, they will bring untold suffering into our physical realm, but they "tell it like it is"
Papa Nurgle loves all his subjects and he's basically the Chaos God of stoicism and stiff upper lips. We wouldn't vote Tzeentch, though. He's the Chaos God of hope and we all know what's up with hope.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 28, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pochoclo posted:

This (and more advanced stuff) has been a normal feature in telephone centrals for decades. I know I shouldn't even bother fact-checking an article from such a magazine, but still, who even believes this poo poo
I didn't read it, I just want to know who blons a dumb de now? Wat taal is dit?

crispix posted:

I only recently learned when I asked why some magazines disappear and then reappear some time later that she is part of a network of other ladies and there is a mind-bogglingly complex magazine exchange system in place.
At least we know who the market for those magazines is now. But how do they make any money if they're all shared by some kind of arrangement that would impress even the pirate bay guys?

AP posted:

Peace my arse.
You should ask people for things like that, not instruct them.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

So just to be clear this is the article in question:
https://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-98de-PALESTINE-UNITED#.WStQ4GjyuUm
And the issue is that one of the people in that cemetery is suspected to be behind the Munich massacre?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

hakimashou posted:

Did he really?

That's disgusting and beyond the pale.

you two playing hatefuller than thou is disgusting, you're a right pair of dirty scum.

Known peacenik JC laid a wreath at a mass of graves including those, uninvolved in the massacre, brutally murdered by israeli dogs. Yeah, the head of the PLO too.

It's as legit a criticism as complaining about associating with the birmingham six was. You then act as if attending a memorial on the pointlessness of violence is a bad thing? you're signalling something but it's not a virtue

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Irony Be My Shield posted:

And the issue is that one of the people in that cemetery is suspected to be behind the Munich massacre?

The issue is that he apparently laid a wreath on a guy who perpetrated the Munich massacre.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Scikar posted:

Yes, and it's very dodgy and they won't answer any questions about it:

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/868727270499692545
(check the whole thread)

Oh right yeah, it was Vote Leave. Leave.EU are the huge idiots

I hope journalists care enough to run with this stuff and make it a big story if they can't get any details, this kind of data-driven campaigning could give the Tories a crazy advantage

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

The issue is that he apparently laid a wreath on a guy who perpetrated the Munich massacre.
Do you have a source on that or are you just lying? To be clear the article I linked by Corbyn is what people are going on, and the fact that the cemetery in question contains a terrorist. In fact in this article they seem to directly contradict your assertion.
http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/anger-over-corbyns-attendance-at-ceremony-for-munich-massacre-terrorist/

quote:

It’s understood that the event referred to in the report was a commemoration of the bombing of the PLO headquarters, but that wreaths were also laid on other graves during the gathering. Corbyn hims of [sic] was not involved in wreath laying.
I agree with Corbyn's spokesperson, this is a ridiculously tenuous set of connections.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

baka kaba posted:

Oh right yeah, it was Vote Leave. Leave.EU are the huge idiots

I hope journalists care enough to run with this stuff and make it a big story if they can't get any details, this kind of data-driven campaigning could give the Tories a crazy advantage

What is it that is specifically wrong with this? Is it the national/local issue again?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Corbyn didn't lay a wreath on the grave of a guy who was murdered by MOSSAD on a diplomatic trip to France but he did say it was sad ergo he's a terrorist

Israel to still complain that nobody likes them because racism

serious gaylord posted:

What is it that is specifically wrong with this? Is it the national/local issue again?

They aren't telling the campaign authorities what ads they're running or how much they're paying or if the data was even legally obtained from leave.eu or even if it is the same data (it is)

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

winegums posted:

Labour - Mirror/??Indie

despite what this tread would have you think, the graun is the most consistently labour endorsing paper in the uk, and will do so almost unthinkingly.

I think the sentiment from this thread is because the graun is the paper mostly invested in the labour party and is mostly read and bought by labour voters. As a result its the venue of choice for internal labour battles, slights, slander and schoolyard politicking, which have been relentlessness during corbyns reign and for some reason posters in this tread have mistaken this for hating everything the labour party stands for.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Do you have a source on that or are you just lying? To be clear the article I linked by Corbyn is what people are going on, and the fact that the cemetery in question contains a terrorist. In fact in this article they seem to directly contradict your assertion.
http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/anger-over-corbyns-attendance-at-ceremony-for-munich-massacre-terrorist/

I agree with Corbyn's spokesperson, this is a ridiculously tenuous set of connections.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. You asked a question. I told you what the issue apparently is.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Don't get your knickers in a twist. You asked a question. I told you what the issue apparently is.

Is this the closest Pissflaps has ever gotten to admitting he was wrong?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

TheRat posted:

Not at all. I've admitted to being wrong several times.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Transfer of personal information from one entity for another, to be used for purposes other than that for which it was originally collected. The methods they used to build the database skirt the very edges of legality too, and also there could be a problem with declaration of expenses too if the Leave campaign gave it to the Tories for free.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

It's probably the most graceful he's been about it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Or rather, you made up an allegation against Corbyn?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pissflaps is a good lad and wouldn't do that. AP is the serpent in the grass trying to poison the well against Big Jezza.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

When you asked the question

was it your intention to start shrieking 'liar' at the person who provided you with the answer?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pissflaps posted:

"Labour doesnt have an anti-semitism problem"

Mmhmm.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/868588910452015104

Jeremy Corbyn pictured with member of extremist Japanese faction "Suzuki Army".

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I haven't seen any article suggesting that Corbyn laid a wreath. All I found was the article I linked which explicitly said he did not lay a wreath. That's why I am saying you're lying.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hakimashou posted:

"Labour doesnt have an anti-semitism problem"

Mmhmm.

Is this a direct quote from the Chakrabarti report?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

I haven't seen any article suggesting that Corbyn laid a wreath. All I found was the article I linked which explicitly said he did not lay a wreath. That's why I am saying you're lying.

Wait you're drawing a distinction between somebody personally placing a wreath literally with their hands and being part of a group that laid wreaths?

Wow that's some spicy nuance.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Is this a direct quote from the Chakrabarti report?

You two are the worst tag team in history

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Baron Corbyn posted:

That's pretty bad, I hear they have a history of violence

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Wait you're drawing a distinction between somebody personally placing a wreath literally with their hands and being part of a group that laid wreaths?

Wow that's some spicy nuance.
It's one of the degrees of separation in the story. Another is that the event was to commemorate the 1985 attack on the PLO headquarters which Atef Bseiso did not die in - the idea that he was commemorated at the event seems to be speculation based only on the fact that he was buried in the same cemetery.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

It's one of the degrees of separation in the story. Another is that the event was to commemorate the 1985 attack on the PLO headquarters which Atef Bseiso did not die in - the idea that he was commemorated at the event seems to be speculation based only on the fact that he was buried in the same cemetery.

From your link:

quote:

After wreaths were laid at the graves of those who died on that day and on the graves of others killed by Mossad agents in Paris in 1991

Apparently there were no killings by Mossad agents in Paris in 1991, but there was in 1992: Atef Bseiso.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

serious gaylord posted:

As well as what people have said about the legality, if you want to know about the actual company involved here's a :supaburn: investigation into the whole thing

What they're basically doing is building personal and psychological profiles of as many citizens as possible, using Facebook profile data and the data of their contacts, cross-referencing it with other data from publicly-available sources. They can build complicated models using things like the kinds of things you talk about and link to, the language you use, trends in things you're affiliated with, your personal and financial circumstances and so on. They can build up a picture of you that knows you better than you know yourself - something that can predict what you'll respond to and in what way

The idea is that they can then use this data to influence people on a very personal level, effectively crafting messaging that's tailored to push your specific buttons. It's not just the sledgehammer approach to appealing to demographics, it's intended to psychologically manipulate people using personal information they probably never wanted to be collected

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

I like that they both have the same shaped head.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gum posted:

That's pretty bad, I hear they have a history of violence

We now live in a world where Jeremy Corbyn only has one degree of seperation with Minoru Suzuki.

This world isn't all bad. Because Big Jezza obviously knows that Suzukigun Ichiban.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

The Corbyn wreath-laying thing is yet another dead cat from Lyton Crosby's bag of tricks. Clearly it's been known about for ages but has mysteriously become front-page news the day before Corbyn does a national television interview, so instead of policy Paxman can spend the majority of the time quizzing him about terrorism from the 1970's.

We can only hope that the audience questions are of the genuine public interest type rather than yet another round of 'the Tories say X about you, please defend yourself'.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I am stunned that Corbyn's history of rubbing shoulders with terrorists has been focussed on during the election campaign.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

We now live in a world where Jeremy Corbyn only has one degree of seperation with Minoru Suzuki.

This world isn't all bad. Because Big Jezza obviously knows that Suzukigun Ichiban.

unfortunately it means he only has one degree of separation from Taichi, probably the most despicable link that Corbyn has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I am stunned that Corbyn's history of rubbing shoulders with terrorists has been focussed on during the election campaign.

Being fair you're stunned every time you see a black person.

• Locked thread