Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Sometimes I wonder what the one guy in PvP that always enters team chat talks about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Sometimes I wonder what the one guy in PvP that always enters team chat talks about.

Eh, it's the one guy who jumps in to strike chat that I'm concerned about. "Guys, we gotta shoot the thing and not die while we shoot the thing."

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, in hardcore destiny mode if you die your character takes its ghost to the grave and you die forever losing your character. It's a dumb mode.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

Last post from him I remember was a voicemail uploaded from his phone about a warrant or something, and him wondering if he was getting ribbed. I'm a stupid idiot but is he still around and not posting or...? Lol

posting this while getting my rear end pounded in prison

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Did she say you're welcome?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i know when people talk about fun poo poo in destiny, the first thing they say is 'getting double killed by the same super'

there better be a loving bubble in there somewhere because why the hell is defender now a roaming super

From the poo poo I've seen of pvp player the supers really dont last long enough for it to be an issue.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

posting this while getting my rear end pounded in prison

Gay fuckin and suckin, a PC for D2, and toilet paper Scrabble tiles, my man you're set for the next few years :respek:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Fist of Havoc might be a roaming super now. But the slam range is terrible. It's basically a melee super now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Fist of Havoc might be a roaming super now. But the slam range is terrible. It's basically a melee super now.

I think the new defender might even be better depending on what they do with hammers and how all thrree plah. Looks like a melee super but at least you can throw your poo poo and block incoming damage.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It'd be cool if you could L1 with the super active to make a bubble, like when you're holding the relic. Otherwise I'm guessing it'll work like blocking with a sword.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
THEy still have bubbles they're just secondary abilities with like a minute or so cd? Like the warlock gets a fountain that increases attack or heals in an area

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Interesting.. I've only noticed the striker titan and their little light walls, I really haven't seen much gameplay for the defender or whatever they're calling it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Interesting.. I've only noticed the striker titan and their little light walls, I really haven't seen much gameplay for the defender or whatever they're calling it.

Yeah it lools like the shield, dodge and well are class specific and not subclass.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

warlock gets heals or shield fountain
titan gets little wall w/ something or big wall with something
hunter gets reload roll or stealth(?) roll

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AAB posted:

warlock gets heals or shield fountain
titan gets little wall w/ something or big wall with something
hunter gets reload roll or stealth(?) roll

Hunter gets shade step that automatically reloads your gun. May have a 2nd effect that hasnt been shown.

Warlocks get a pool for healing or weapons damage buff

Titans get a large wall or a small shield you can crouch behind. Adsing will auto head glitch over amd crouching will auto reload your weapon.

Thats all we know so far.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

How much fun is "no we need one lock with blessing, one with armor, and a only titans with the li.... What do you mean you don't know how to crouch???" going to be?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20One/video/31737518

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

AAB posted:

How much fun is "no we need one lock with blessing, one with armor, and a only titans with the li.... What do you mean you don't know how to crouch???" going to be?

It will be fine because they won't lock the raid useful abilities behind a subclass, so you can run whatever

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AAB posted:

Destiny has hosed with enough poo poo to get rid of "must have" poo poo. I think d2 is going to further that aim.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I hope options open up for Titans. I enjoy playing them, but Defender is pretty much the only choice for raids and such. I'd like to be able to mix it up a bit.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I hope warlocks and titans get some kind of dodge roll / movement mechanic if they're giving it to hunters. In pvp not getting hit at all is way more important than tanking more damage in most situations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Menstrual Show posted:

I hope warlocks and titans get some kind of dodge roll / movement mechanic if they're giving it to hunters. In pvp not getting hit at all is way more important than tanking more damage in most situations.

Warlocks get an air dodge. It's confirmed.

Dunno about titans though. Nothing so far.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They'll integrate the twilight garrison dodge into their skill tree.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

CheeseFactory posted:

Hopefully it's not as bad as voidewalker blink

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why would a blue item drop that was 390 light? I thought they were capped at 385?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Heroic strikes drop blue items that can go up to 390 light.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cool. I've had some other stuff drop at 391 light, where does that come from and how high will it go?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Skeleton Key chests will also drop blues up to 400 light

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

But if I want to reach 400 it mostly comes from faction rewards or raids, right?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Yup, exotic engrams and crucible rewards too.

I got from 385 to 400 really quick during an Iron Banner week. Got my poo poo kicked while my LL was still a little low, but it has good drop rates.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CheeseFactory posted:

Give all titans the peregrine greaves tiger knee

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I%20Stick%20Dudes/video/31763248

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:popeye: Not running radiant skin?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

The Meat Dimension posted:

:popeye: Not running radiant skin?

I was. Shatter nova will ruin you regardless

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

lol

Feels good to be stompin bads again.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I was. Shatter nova will ruin you regardless

Could've swore I tanked a shatter before The Ram was a thing, guess I only got hit with one bomb. So much for how I thought that interaction worked.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

The Meat Dimension posted:

Could've swore I tanked a shatter before The Ram was a thing, guess I only got hit with one bomb. So much for how I thought that interaction worked.

You might be thinking of a rocket. You can tank rockets with radiant skin up and it's really funny.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lmao this exact thing just happened to me except it was a bow :(

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Apologies if this has already been covered, but is there any confirmation of the titans losing the bubble in lieu of a shield or wall-type defense system? Also, if so, source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
It would be interesting if they leaned into titans as unstoppable forces/immovable objects that kind of run into a place and own it with barriers. Probably not great for what I liked about them (speed/mobility) but it would be a thing.