Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that said sony doesnt always get it right with endorsements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGy8HIYBwV0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NMS was basically the same thing that MS did with Phantom Dust and Cuphead only they doubled down and actually made them release it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I mean it worked out fine for them, even with refunds Sony got huge pre-order buxx and a $60 price tag on what was essentially a $20 early access game on Steam.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nms' disaster release was way funnier than getting no game at all

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

NMS might be a disaster but PC retains its master race status with the disaster known as Star Citizen :smugdog:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still waiting on Shenmue 3 & Cuphead..

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Still waiting on Shenmue 3 & Cuphead..

Cuphead this year?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah. microsoft wont do dick. they will show the scorpio and its insane price then maybe crackdown 3 and pirates.

sony will show off a ton of cool games and exclusives and say half of them are out by Christmas.

Then they get delayed to next year.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

a.lo posted:

Cuphead this year?

Man, people were saying this in 2014. E3 is magic.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I do think it's funny that we're finally getting games that have been in development for years, because now you can make jokes like Final Fantasy XV and Last Guardian came out before Cuphead.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why do people keep getting excited for games that turn out to be bad?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because typically we don't know if they're going to be bad until they come out! Not always though.

Sometimes it's really obvious when it's going to be bad.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

I love the 2015 trailer so much.

"Ryo, can you jump?"
"Yeah."

Just as bizarre and poorly acted as ever. Wouldn't be Shenmue otherwise.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
All I really want out of E3 in terms of games is gameplay footage of Death Stranding and God of War. I don't really care too much about the Uncharted 4 DLC or The Last of Us 2, and I doubt Red Dead Redemption 2 will have a presence there. For the rest I just want interviews and stage demos that make me embarrassed to be alive.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Policenaut posted:

Because typically we don't know if they're going to be bad until they come out! Not always though.

usually the first warning flag is "our game has a billion planets!!"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Guy Goodbody posted:

Some of us have better gamer instincts than others.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

I feel like if a studio that hasn't made anything before promises that their game will have everything in it, that's a bad sign

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah that's when it's really obvious.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
E3 2k17:

MS gets dunked on by Sony

Ubisoft show very awkward

Bethesda reveals two new mediocre games that people will lose their minds over

and the cycle will reset

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

gameplay footage of Death Stranding

ahahahahah

We're going to get another CG trailer of another of Kojima's favorite directors or actors sucking off God while burning meteors rain from the sky and explode into whales or whatever.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Please do not malign Hideo 'God' Kojima

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That Uncharted thing is stand-alone, right? Did they say if it is just a single player thing or will they include multiplayer in it as well? I never thought I'd enjoy Uncharted multiplayer as much as I did but I did when I played it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's stand alone, dunno about the multiplayer though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

RDR2 will not be at E3.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Phi230 posted:

E3 2k17:

MS gets dunked on by Sony

Ubisoft show very awkward

Bethesda reveals two new mediocre games that people will lose their minds over

and the cycle will reset

Nintendo dunks on all when they announce Pokemon Stars for the Switch

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo dunks on all when they announce Pokemon Stars Snap 2 for the Switch

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, when Nintendo announced Splatoon I was pumped because I thought it was going to be a trend of Nintendo unleashing a wave of new IP. Nope. Arms or whatever looks pretty alright and it's something new but goddamn, continue to develop new stuff Nintendo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jimbot posted:

Man, when Nintendo announced Splatoon I was pumped because I thought it was going to be a trend of Nintendo unleashing a wave of new IP. Nope. Arms or whatever looks pretty alright and it's something new but goddamn, continue to develop new stuff Nintendo.

ARMS is a new IP. They're literally coming up with a brand new IP and it comes out in like two weeks.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jimbot posted:

What does this post even mean

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

Please do not malign Hideo 'God' Kojima

Kojima Kaminandesu.

(Peace Walker is weird)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

ARMS is a new IP. They're literally coming up with a brand new IP and it comes out in like two weeks.

He probably objects to nintendo trying to copy the splatoon formula in other genres instead of making more diverse things:

Bright color 3rd person
Singular theme taken as far as it can go: paint/arms
Vs focused
Etc.

But this is business son. They gotta play the hot hand

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Just say you want a new Metroid

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mutata posted:

RDR2 will not be at E3.
it will definitely be in one of the keynotes, even if it is not on the stage floor

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

He probably objects to nintendo trying to copy the splatoon formula in other genres instead of making more diverse things:

Bright color 3rd person
Vs focused
Etc.

I don't think that's copying the splatoon formula at all. Like those are 3 incredibly broad things

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zelder posted:

I don't think that's copying the splatoon formula at all. Like those are 3 incredibly broad things

Im saying hes dumb, just translating

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ah thank you. As an incredibly handsome super scientist I appreciate the translation

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jimbot posted:

new nintendo IPs in the last few years

Pushmo
Splatoon
Xenoblade
ARMS
Codename STEAM
Tomodachi Life
Snipperclips
Ever Oasis
Sakura Samurai

if you want to include exclusives that Nintendo published: Wonderful 101, Pocket Card Jockey, Boxboy, Harmoknight, Dillon's Rolling Western, Bravely Default and Tokyo Mirage Sessions

E3 is not usually the home of new IP reveals though unless it is just a small part of a larger presentation or an indie dev. E3 is usually The Sequel Zone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

new nintendo IPs in the last few years

Pushmo
Splatoon
Xenoblade
ARMS
Codename STEAM
Tomodachi Life
Snipperclips
Ever Oasis
Sakura Samurai

if you want to include exclusives that Nintendo published: Wonderful 101, Pocket Card Jockey, Boxboy, Harmoknight, Dillon's Rolling Western, Bravely Default and Tokyo Mirage Sessions

E3 is not usually the home of new IP reveals though unless it is just a small part of a larger presentation or an indie dev. E3 is usually The Sequel Zone

You forgot devils third

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Devils turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Bright color 3rd person
Vs focused
Etc.

I was actually hoping for more stuff like that during the WiiU cycle. It didn't quite pan out as I hoped.

Real hurthling! posted:

Im saying hes dumb, just translating

Please stop reinforcing the stupid only dumb babies play Nintendo stereotype with posts like these. I said the exact opposite.

• Locked thread