Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You have little control over skill inheritance in fusion

Golden's fusion lets you pass on whatever skills you want. Plus you've got skill cards.

The Warthog posted:

Is it better to stick with just one party then or rotate and grind?

You'll probably be fine if you stick with one party, but gold hands are all over the place and grinding on them is a breeze once you've got some Megido skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Warthog posted:

There's times you might wanna level up someone new because they have good skills but actually having a rotation and keeping everyone high level isn't really useful in 4. But exp is so common in golden you won't have to care about that

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Sombeody posted this in the TVIV chat thread but it's so amazing I feel like it has a place here:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi games I've been playing FF14. How are you? I met a friendly husky today.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I've now tried enough Steins;Gate to realize that this isn't for me at all.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Guy Mann posted:

Sombeody posted this in the TVIV chat thread but it's so amazing I feel like it has a place here:

:dogbutton:

Phantasium posted:

you're not supposed to play steins;gate, you're supposed get really high and watch the animated series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Guy Mann posted:

That's mortifying

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The most egregious part of that is the episode titled "The Secret Life of Blossom Powerpuff". Why wouldn't the girls take their father's name, s m h

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently that stuff was done as a joke or something by other staff which I'm not sure is more or less hosed (it's still really hosed)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I remember liking the original Powerpuff Girls. This new series seems... dysfunctional

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Mann posted:

Don't steal my posts. :mad:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Warthog posted:

persona 4 is not a hard game, i played basically the entire thing while super drunk between recording sessions and barely paying attention (it was a weird time in my life okay)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

dad?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I started playing The Evil Within again and while my complaints with it still stand they're more manageable now, once you get over the vertical cliff of figuring out what you can and can't get away with. It still loves its instant death if you make one mistake sequences though. And traps.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

How far are you

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

How far are you

Enough to realize that my hatred of the protagonist wasn't going away. 3 hours, it said.

Edit: I mean I already read a plot synopsis and deleted the game so I'm already checked out on it as is.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 29, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hey it gets good 800 hours in you didn't give it a chance.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

man at least let somebody offer up that reason before you get smug about it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I liked Okabe from pretty much the start so no it's cool if you bounce now if it's not your thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Phantasium posted:

man at least let somebody offer up that reason before you get smug about it.

I was just making a joke. :(

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

well poo poo, I'm an idiot

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

don't make jokes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yall think Grimoire is gonna come out tomorrow?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember liking the original Powerpuff Girls. This new series seems... dysfunctional

it's an age thing. we got an episode of beatles puns, the new generation gets an entire series of tumblr memes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Powerpuff Girls was a good show way back when. I remember two episodes about alien vegetable invaders and a straight up pimp daddy boogeyman. Dexter's Lab was amazing too. The PPG movie was great, I really liked the montage of different Mojos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHRAeguxbNo&hd=1

It was definitely an era of resurrection of good writing in kid's cartoons that was rarely seen otherwise outside of Disney cartoons, with the only other exceptions I can think of being the Bruce Timm DC universe, Animaniacs, Beast Wars, Shadow Raiders, and Exo-Squad. Genndy Tartakovsky I'd say was the single driving force in making Cartoon Network the juggernaut it is today.

I love the Hacha-Chacha bit.

Lurdiak posted:

I was just making a joke. :(
You idiot, you think you're allowed to JOKE in This Year Of Our Trump 2017? Haven't you heard, satire is dead?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 29, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tartakovsky is a genius and his Star Wars show was the only good thing about the prequel era

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Tartakovsky is a genius and his Star Wars show was the only good thing about the prequel era

Truth. Just potential heavy metal album music videos of jedi killing hoardes of dudes one after another all season. Ruled

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cartoons are for children

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You're supposed to graduate to anime on your 13th birthday

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Cartoons are for children

When those shows were on we were children

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

When those shows were on we were children

I bet you lots of goons watch cartoons for children nowadays

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Blockbusters are basically children's cartoons these days between the IPs and production

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Motto posted:

Blockbusters are basically children's cartoons these days between the IPs and production

Is that what those supermans movies are like? I haven't seen one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I mostly watch, like, documentaries about war crimes and stuff, I don't know. Have you seen act of killing it's really good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's better to trick parents into bringing kids to incredibly violent films like in the 80s

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Most of the games I play are probably rated T for Teen or higher, as it should be

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Act of Killing was good. I really should get around to seeing The Look of Silence

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Act of Killing was good. I really should get around to seeing The Look of Silence

Hell, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Motto posted:

It's better to trick parents into bringing kids to incredibly violent films like in the 80s
I went to see Deadpool and Logan in theaters. The Marvel tag on them meant really stupid parents brought their kids to see them regardless of the R rating.

I really like how both movies have HILARIOUSLY VIOLENT opening scenes, Deadpool with a dude loving splattered against a road sign as well as multiple gunned-down and eviscerated grunts, and Logan with a group of carjackers getting limbs graphically chopped off or get disemboweled.

• Locked thread