Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/markmartin/status/868998898035064832

leaving this to get viking to fill me in on this from a personal standpoint.

see that grille opening? entrance of the ram air system

the 1980 race is on Youtube, and here is the relevant part:

Link

this is after a late race pit stop puts Balough behind the field. watch when and where he passes people, it's not in the corners

the bodywork was window dressing for a ram air system. while a sort of ground effect became commonplace after this race and it is why todays big blocks look the way they do, that car was all about horsepower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

see that grille opening? entrance of the ram air system

the 1980 race is on Youtube, and here is the relevant part:

Link

this is after a late race pit stop puts Balough behind the field. watch when and where he passes people, it's not in the corners

the bodywork was window dressing for a ram air system. while a sort of ground effect became commonplace after this race and it is why todays big blocks look the way they do, that car was all about horsepower

Can it be a synchtube event?

btw. I got to see Foyt's 60's/70's sprint cars take the track at IMS today. Including the one he almost won at Milwaukee in.

That AND Foyt getting the Wood Bros. to loan the "21" car per request to put in the museum and run on track.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I've played that in Synchtube before but yeah we can watch it one day, it's a great race

also notable as being the definitely the first live race ESPN ever covered, and IIRC it's the first live event of any kind they covered

btw Syracuse used to hold Championship car events back in the day

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I feel like a PSP WCW Nitro-style regular racing night could be a fun thing to do in Winter Heat. Pick an undercard, main event (maybe a good race from the track Cup/IndyCar's running that week?), and maybe something for afterward?

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Am I seeing this right? There are ~140 (of 400) laps to go?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

glyph posted:

Am I seeing this right? There are ~140 (of 400) laps to go?

Yup. Lightning/rain delay earlier.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

WindyMan posted:

Yup. Lightning/rain delay earlier.

Ah, gotcha. That makes a little more sense.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
only like 225 miles to go lol

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

NASCAR 2017: It comes from a bogus place, which is our enemies

https://thefinallap.com/2017/05/25/cup-team-on-the-brink-tax-lien-issued-for-bk-racing/

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Mike Joy: "You know Stock car racing has always been a southern sport but here it is being dominated by a guy from New Jersey and a crew chief from Canada..."

Mike. uh....That's not a "new" phenomenon. The short track scene in NY/NY/New England is insane. Literally every other NASCAR fan I've met online has been from those regions.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wisconsin's racing scene is also very healthy too.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

iospace posted:

Wisconsin's racing scene is also very healthy too.

Yes there's been more than a Trickle of good drivers out of Wisconsin.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gret posted:

Yes there's been more than a Trickle of good drivers out of Wisconsin.

:dadjoke:

(Rip Dick :smith:)

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

FuzzySkinner posted:

Mike Joy: "You know Stock car racing has always been a southern sport but here it is being dominated by a guy from New Jersey and a crew chief from Canada..."

Mike. uh....That's not a "new" phenomenon. The short track scene in NY/NY/New England is insane. Literally every other NASCAR fan I've met online has been from those regions.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hey, good for Austin

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Well...

:unsmith:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hey, good for Austin

gently caress Austin Dillon and his stupid hat.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Dillowns

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

austin dillon is exactly the same as dale earnhardt in every way

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hey, good for Austin

after that awful dab, are you gonna stand by this

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Cygni posted:

I maintain - gently caress Austin Dillon and his stupid hat and "dab"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I kinda like him.

After he survived that wreck at the Firecracker?Gained a lot of my respect.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
it's making people mad so therefor it is good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cygni posted:

hell yeah

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Fist win for the 3 since the 2000 fall Talladega race.

Also. Dillon now has more wins in the 3 than his grandfather who originally got the number for the team.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

As opposed to all those good dabs

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

RCR 2, Roush 1, JGR 0 in 2017 :getin:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

it's making people mad so therefor it is good

I just think the media is stupid.

RCR can be happy though. It's their legacy and such.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

alright im not gonna hate him too much, turning to his crew and talking about partying was cool

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

First wins are always cool and both Jimmie and Kyle were on the losing end of this one so a good night imo

Kyle is so mad lmao

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

https://twitter.com/Knighter01/status/869049092206362624

:bisonyes:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is all leading up to NASCAR Champion Paul Menard

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is all leading up to NASCAR Champion Gray Gaulding

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Please let this be his actual radio comms from tonight

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lmao one of the comments reminded me of what he said after 'dega "we're going to a real race track after this" (also got screwed by a first time winner there)

Eagerly await Jeffrey Earnhardt winning the firecracker 400 passing him on the last lap.

e-also reminds me of Sato yells after winning but in another manner.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Close enough.

His radio is essentially autistic screeching all the time.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Also... Two of the 3 races featured a cool finish where a fun driver beating a gigantic fuckstick.

If Monaco wasn't a poo poo track with no room to pass (literally it's like 11 meters wide) maybe we could have.... No wait... it's F1.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I think you mean yards

what the gently caress is a meter

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Are Troops keep meters out of America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

I think you mean yards

what the gently caress is a meter

No. I mean meters.

• Locked thread