Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DLC Inc posted:

Red Hood looms pretty good actually but man all his moves and animation are so loving over the top and to the limit, like his super even lasts for loving ever and a ton of poo poo happens. I wish this was the gun character we initially got instead of Deadshot's braindead playstyle.

I was at a wedding all day, can anyone tell me the characters used in the Top 8?

Black Adam and Atrocitus were in the Grand Finals. Others that made a showing in the top: Deadshot (as a Sonicfox alt), lots of Aquaman, lots of Black Adam, Superman, Batman, Bane, Poison Ivy, Cheetah and Harley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Black Adam and Atrocitus were in the Grand Finals. Others that made a showing in the top: Deadshot (as a Sonicfox alt), lots of Aquaman, lots of Black Adam, Superman, Batman, Bane, Poison Ivy, Cheetah and Harley

Poison Ivy sounds nuts. I expected at least 2 Deadshots and maybe a Doctor Fate---Was it Sonicfox and PigOfTheHut as Black Adam/Atrocitus?

Black Adam has always been insane but idk if people would cry for him to get nerfed---he's good but he kind of needs a lot of talent to really get great with.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The bracket is here: https://smash.gg/tournament/combo-breaker/events/injustice-2/brackets?filter=%7B%22phaseId%22%3A134698%7D

Looks like the Cheetah I was thinking of got eliminated Top 16, but there was a Robin in the Top 8.

PigoftheHut got eliminated before top 16, the grand finals were Sonicfox as Black Adam and TekkenMaster as Atrocitus

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

DLC Inc posted:

Poison Ivy sounds nuts. I expected at least 2 Deadshots and maybe a Doctor Fate---Was it Sonicfox and PigOfTheHut as Black Adam/Atrocitus?

Black Adam has always been insane but idk if people would cry for him to get nerfed---he's good but he kind of needs a lot of talent to really get great with.

Only deadshot that made it anywhere in the tournament was fox. Everyone else scrubbed out in pools. Deadshot isn't that great. Fate is only good against bad characters. Pig got tied for 19th or something like that. Finals was Sonic fox vs Tekken master which is a classic NRS matchup for finals.

and speaking of not that great

Up to 4 leaps in the vortex combo for Grodd, too bad he's still butt.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

actually gently caress Riddle of the Sphinx or whatever that 3 hit combo Adam has is called. I think that poo poo needs to be nerfed if only so not every loving combo is just that. It does so much goddamn damage.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So you lose poo poo if your inventory is full when you decrypt a motherbox right? I think I lost some epic pants for Firestorm and that's kinda lovely even though I don't use him

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Calaveron posted:

So you lose poo poo if your inventory is full when you decrypt a motherbox right? I think I lost some epic pants for Firestorm and that's kinda lovely even though I don't use him

no it saves it in an overflow on the main customize screen. Just sell poo poo and get it back if it wasn't too long ago.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Captain Cold's multiverse ending makes me all :unsmith:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MrJacobs posted:

no it saves it in an overflow on the main customize screen. Just sell poo poo and get it back if it wasn't too long ago.

So uh, ask me how I know this, but with all the "get a bunch of diamond/plat boxes for nothing!" multiverse events I just blew through opening all of them- and the overflow max is 20. I wound up losing a lot of poo poo, albeit on characters I never touch anyway hence not paying attention to their inventories.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPoC4om_mGA

:allears:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Cinnamon Bear posted:

So uh, ask me how I know this, but with all the "get a bunch of diamond/plat boxes for nothing!" multiverse events I just blew through opening all of them- and the overflow max is 20. I wound up losing a lot of poo poo, albeit on characters I never touch anyway hence not paying attention to their inventories.
At least you just saved me from the same fate. I was going to open like 500 boxes while I watch a movie this week.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014
Kinda rough hoping for specific gear pieces, like Harley's original suit piece or Supergirl's magenta beams.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've been holding out for Superman's Kingdom Come crest.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Funky Valentine posted:

I've been holding out for Superman's Kingdom Come crest.

I got that really early. Like within my first couple of hours, with a level 1 Supes.

Meanwhile I've accepted that I will only get a Supergirl skirt right around the heat death of the universe.

Fuckin RNG.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The appearance copy thing is so insanely expensive, it doesn't really matter if they're not epics anyway.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
So what's up with "Nightwing?" He seems like a unique character or...?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Fart City posted:

I got that really early. Like within my first couple of hours, with a level 1 Supes.

Meanwhile I've accepted that I will only get a Supergirl skirt right around the heat death of the universe.

Fuckin RNG.

I got a Supergirl skirt, which is awesome, but I just really, really, want the Nightwing staff. I have 4 goddamned Robin abilities but no staff.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just want Supergirl's Magenta eye beams, and also the Decent Brainiac pants.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Senerio posted:

Decent Brainiac pants.

Holy poo poo, is this actually A Thing? Because if so, I love this game even more.

↓↓↓ :arghfist::saddowns:

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 29, 2017

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I feel #blessed because I have both Supergirl's skirt and magenta eyebeams.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

nickmeister posted:

It's a custom move you get for Robin that changes his trait into Nightwing's staff stance from the first game. But it's Robin Sword/Nightwing Staff, rather than full Nightwing with the eskrimas.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

nickmeister posted:

He's Robin. The staff is a piece of gear you can get to let him switch between movesets. I think the rest of the outfit is gear, too, but its just for dress-up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fart City posted:

Holy poo poo, is this actually A Thing? Because if so, I love this game even more.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

sweet suck a butt.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Catwoman has the most boring fear and the only cool unique thing is literally impossible to get

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Catwoman has the most boring fear and the only cool unique thing is literally impossible to get

what you mean neon whips and neon claws?

I got both :cool:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah f u :(

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Does catwoman have any boots that aren't thighhighs or heels?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposed leak

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

No Music Meister, 0/10

Actually wait, Black Lightning is there. 4/10.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, 4 out of 9 characters that I care about isn't too bad.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm mildly interested in seeing which Terra they go with.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I hope Spawn comes with his own buttrock intro/outro music. Like, during a clash Batman is just drowned out by the Sneaker Pimps.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm mildly interested in seeing which Terra they go with.

Probably the original, but it would be really cool if they went with Atlee.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I believe that leak slightly more than not at all

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i don't believe "we decided to swap them"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's too many Titans.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wish they would put Constantine in

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Wish they would put Constantine in

the dude widely known for being bad at fighting probably isnt going to be in the fighting game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Definitive review of the Injustice 2 aesthetic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJ82gZ6eRo

• Locked thread